Best Medical Practice Management Software
Health care organizations use medical practice management software to manage all aspects of their operations, including patient information management, treatment planning and scheduling, and back office functions such as accounting. This type of software helps doctors with patient treatment management, and healthcare administrative personnel with patient influx management. Scaled down versions of medical practice management can address the needs of small clinics or private practices.
Typically these solutions include integrations which benefit carriers for claim processing. In the case where medical practice management solutions do not include electronic health record management capabilities, integration with third-party electronic health records is essential to gain access to patient health information.
To qualify for inclusion in the Medical Practice Management category, a product must:
- Help doctors assess the medical needs of patients and recommend treatments
- Schedule personnel and book rooms or locations depending on demand and capacity
- Notify employees and patients about appointments, follow-ups, or important events
- Provide claim management and medical billing features
- Include features for front desk operations such as reservations or cancellations
- Deliver reporting and analytics on doctor utilisation and personnel productivity
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Medical Practice Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Medical Practice Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Epic, eClinicalWorks, McKesson Practice Plus, Allscripts, Centricity Practice Solution, and Cerner
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Kareo and WebPT
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: NextGen® Healthcare and PrimeSuite