Best Mobile App Debugging Software
Mobile app debugging products automate the debugging process of identifying and removing errors within mobile applications. These tools tend to be platform specific, and can provide solutions for native, hybrid, or mobile web application debugging. Companies may desire multiple products depending on the platform on which their application functions. Developers will utilize debugging tools to monitor the target application for glitches, crashes, interface malfunctions, and many other errors that inhibit the application’s functionality. These tools can be sold as a standalone product or packaged into a mobile development platforms. Some mobile app optimization and mobile app testing tools share similar functionalities.
To qualify for inclusion in the Mobile App Debugging category, a product must:
- Be a mobile-specific framework
- Possess capabilities to assess source code and identify errors
- Possess mobile debugging capabilities
- Debug native, hybrid, or cross-platform applications
- Possess capabilities to analyze mobile application coding languages
Mobile App Debugging Software Grid® Overview
The best Mobile App Debugging Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Xcode and Chrome Mobile DevTools
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Genymotion, Instabug, and Bugsee
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Stetho