Best Mobile App Testing Software
Mobile app testing products give developers tools to run automated or manual software testing on their mobile applications. Companies will use these tools to test their application’s functionality, performance, and usability. While some products are geared toward a specific type of test, many possess features for a variety of tests. Agile teams may utilize testing tools throughout the production process, while others may wait until the product is approaching completion. Eventually the testing tools will provide teams with in depth analysis regarding a variety of the application’s components. Some products possess emulators for examination on a desktop while others function directly through mobile devices. These tools can be sold as a standalone product or packaged into a mobile development platform. Mobile app optimization tools will have many similar usability and functionality tests.
To qualify for inclusion in the Mobile App Testing category, a product must:
- Test mobile applications exclusively
- Be geared toward or possess mobile testing capabilities
- Test mobile applications’ functionality and usability
- Assess resolution, aspect ratios, and screen sizes
- Test an application’s capability to access databases or servers
- Provide feedback to developers after analysis
Mobile App Testing Software Grid® Overview
The best Mobile App Testing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Xcode, UserTesting, and TestFlight
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Applause, Genymotion, Telerik Platform, and MonkeyRunner
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Xamarin Test Cloud, Perfecto, and KIF iOS