Best Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) Software
Mobile backend as a service (MBaaS) products provide hosted cloud computing architecture for mobile applications, giving developers the ability to connect their application’s cloud storage and APIs. Businesses hoping to utilize off-premise servers will connect their application’s backend resources to an MBaaS product. The service reduces a development team’s need to construct complex backend infrastructure. MBaaS products are also highly scalable, as companies are not required to alter their hosting abilities as growth occurs. MBaaS solutions are similar to platform as a service (PaaS) solutions, but allow for greater utilization of a mobile device’s native features. Many mobile development platforms also provide MBaaS.
To qualify for inclusion in the MBaaS category, a product must:
- Host information such as server code, cloud storage, and file management
- Provide architecture to a database and processing capabilities
- Provide reusable APIs to connect applications to cloud services
- Provide tools to manage backend data
- Secure communications between mobile users and servers
Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) Software Grid® Overview
The best Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (mBaaS) Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Microsoft Azure
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Salesforce Platform: Heroku Enterprise
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Parse and AWS Mobile Hub