Best Natural Language Processing (NLP) Software
Natural language processing (NLP) allows applications to interact with human language using a deep learning algorithm. NLP algorithms input language and can give a variety of outputs based on the learned required task. These outputs can include automatic summarization, language translation, part-of-speech tagging, parsing or grammatical analysis, and sentiment analysis, among others. NLP algorithms can also provide voice recognition and natural language generation, which converts data into understandable human language. Some examples of NLP uses include chatbots, translation applications, and social media monitoring tools that scan Facebook and Twitter for mentions. Natural language processing algorithms are an example of a deep learning algorithim and may be a pre-built offering in anAI platform.
To qualify for inclusion in the Natural Language Processing category, a product must:
- Provide a deep learning algorithm specifically for human language interaction
- Connect with language data pools to learn a specific solution or function
- Consume the language as an input and provide an outputted solution
Natural Language Processing (NLP) Software Grid® Overview
The best Natural Language Processing (NLP) Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews)
and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Google Cloud Translation API
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders High Performers include: spaCy
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction
ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
Contenders include: NVivo
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer
Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.
Niche products include: IBM SPSS Text Analytics for Surveys (IBM Stafs)