Best Non-Native Database Management Systems Software
Non-native database management systems allow users of outside applications to interact with a database by retrieving data with specific query languages. Non-native database management systems provide a platform for building queries to access and administrate necessary data.These systems can be utilized by database administrators, programmers, and other employees searching for information stored in the database. Query languages often cater to specific types of databases, including DBaaS, NoSQL database tools, relational database tools and more. Many non-native database tools are available at little to no cost, which can be found in our free database software article.
To qualify for inclusion in the Non-Native Database Management System category, a product must:
- Provide access to information stored in a database using query language
- Offer a platform for building and executing queries
Non-Native Database Management Systems Software Grid® Overview
The best Non-Native Database Management Systems Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: phpMyAdmin, Toad, and SQL Developer
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Sequel Pro, DbVisualizer, Navicat Premium, dbForge Studio for MySQL, Robomongo, and SQLyog
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Ingres, Excel Database Tasks (EDT), and Adminer