Best Object-Oriented Databases Software
Object-oriented databases store data models created by object-oriented programming language. Programmers can create, modify, and store object datasets within these databases. Object-oriented databases require a query language in order to retrieve the information stored inside. Often used by engineering companies and science laboratories, object-oriented databases can hold more complex data than relational database tools, which require a table to be set with the information. Some may choose to use a object-relational database, which is a combination of object-oriented and a relational database. Other similar types of database solutions that differ from object orientated databases include document database tools, graph database tools, key-value store tools and more. Many object-orientated database software are available at no cost and developers have many free database software options.
To qualify for inclusion in the Object-Oriented Database category, a product must:
- Provide data storage
- Store the data in object-based data models
- Allow users to create, store, and modify object data models
Object-Oriented Databases Software Grid® Overview
The best Object-Oriented Databases Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Azure Blob Storage
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Visual FoxPro
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: InterSystems Cache