Best Office Suites Software
Office suites are software packages which contain a variety of products focused on productivity such as programs for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. Office suites are widely used as foundational software for businesses of any size. They can be used for a wide range of tasks and are generally used to improve productivity within an organization. Companies use office suites to create files used to share information. This can be text documents, presentations, spreadsheets, worksheets, charts and graphs, and more. These software packages can be free web-based applications or locally installed programs, and the components of the suite are typically used in conjunction with one another. Often, the components of an office suite share a consistent user interface, simplifying their interaction.
To qualify for inclusion in the Office Suites category, a product must:
- Be a suite product, comprising multiple productivity components
- Include separate tools for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
Office Suites Software Grid® Overview
The best Office Suites Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Microsoft Office and Office 365
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: G Suite
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: OpenOffice, LibreOffice, WordPerfect, and WPS Office