Best Onboarding Software
Onboarding software coordinates the onboarding process of new employees while simplifying the administrative work necessary for the hiring manager. Onboarding software eases the transition of new hires into their role. It makes the process more efficient by eliminating paperwork and consolidating onboarding into one unified interface. Onboarding software supports the initiation of communication between the new hire and the employer before the start date. By doing this, it allows the employee to be more productive sooner and integrate into their team quicker. It also allows both the employee and hiring manager to track paperwork and training progress.
HR organizations use this software to increase the efficiency of onboarding by automating some of the administrative work involved. Additionally, they use this software to decrease the instances of turnover within an employee’s first year. Onboarding software is often one part of a larger HR management system. Some HR management suites include features often included in onboarding software, and most onboarding software will integrate with an HR management system or a recruiting tool.
To qualify for inclusion in the Onboarding category, a product must:
- Allow for communication between employer and employee before the first day of work
- Track the progress of forms and paperwork needed by HR
- Offer task tracking for new-hire activities such as trainings or new-hire events.
Onboarding Software Grid® Overview
The best Onboarding Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: UltiPro, Workday HCM, Jobvite, ApplicantStack, BambooHR, Paycor Perform, Dayforce, and Paycom
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Greenhouse, APS Core HR Solution, ClearCompany, COMPAS ATS CRM, Rallyware, Enboarder, and SilkRoad Onboarding
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Cornerstone OnDemand, Oracle Taleo, SuccessFactors, Paylocity, Paychex Flex, and Oracle HCM Cloud
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Halogen TalentSpace, Kenexa, and talentReef