Best Online Course Providers
Online Course Providers offer massive open online courses (more commonly known as MOOCs) and other organized courses that can be taken online.
Online course providers offer courses for a vast array of subjects including coding, writing, physics, project management, and data analysis. Students who enroll in an online course participate in regularly scheduled lessons and complete any necessary coursework. Depending on the subject and the coursework, some online course providers may offer certifications to students upon completion.
While many online course providers offer free classes, some require a paid monthly subscription for access to a larger or more advanced selection of courses. Other online course providers may charge for certificates of completion or for enterprise access to courses and training elearning features.
To qualify for inclusion in the Online Course Providers category, a product must:
- Offer a course of study available online
- Include a set of curriculum
- Include learning assistance features
Online Course Providers Grid® Overview
The best Online Course Providers products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Coursera, Lynda.com, Udemy, Khan Academy, Codecademy, edX, Pluralsight, Code School, DataCamp, ITProTV, and HubSpot Academy
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Canvas Network, ServiceSkills.com, Dataquest, Plan Academy, and iHasco eLearning
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Udacity, Skillshare, CreativeLive, and Treehouse
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: SitePoint Premium, CBT Nuggets, eduCBA, and OpenSesame