Best Optometry Software
Optometry software is used by ophthalmologists to manage patient treatments, as well as prescriptions for medications, glasses and contact lenses. As opposed to traditional medical practices, optometry involves managing a large variety of optical instruments and aids. Optometry software is used to match treatment options with optical aids.
When not delivered by optometry solutions, integration with electronic health records is required to access patient data. Integration with point of sale software is also important to manage sales. Integration with accounting systems allows ophthalmologists to process payments and assess the profitability of their business.
To qualify for inclusion in the Optometry category, a product must:
- Manage optical inventory for one or multiple locations
- Capture and manage patient information, including treatments and optical aids
- Provide portals for patients to book appointments
- Create prescriptions and manage refills
- Generate bills and deductibles, and provide multiple payment options
- Ensure compliance with regulations such as HITECH, HIPAA, PQRS, or ICD-10
Optometry Software Grid® Overview
The best Optometry Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Cerner Ambulator
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: RevolutionEHR
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: FollowMyHealth
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.