Best Partner Management Software
Companies use partner management software to optimize their relationships with business partners like contractors, distributors, resellers, and services providers. Companies need to find, attract, and keep reliable partners to help with strategic growth or operational efficiencies. To maintain a good relationship with their partners, companies need to manage communications, information exchange, and collaboration between each partner and the company. Depending on the relationship, they also need to track other details such as compliance to laws, contractual terms and conditions, or incentive and loyalty rewards. Partner management software can be used by any department of a company that does business with third-party contractors (e.g., external warehouses or distribution centers, transportation companies, professional services companies, and consultants).
This type of solution should not be confused with other software products that manage relationships like CRM (used only for customers) or supplier relationship management (part of supply chain management). Partner management software delivers optimal results when used with other software solutions that track project management activities, as well as marketing and sales software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Partner Management category, a solution must:
- Offer portals to communicate and exchange information and content between the company and its partners, and optionally with prospects or customers
- Provide collaboration features to allow employees from both sides to work together efficiently on projects and activities in order to find and nurture new business opportunities
- Manage who has access to what information and decide which access rights are available for each user, group, role, etc.
- Include workflows for major business processes that involve the company and its partners, including notifications and alerts defined based on business rules
- Include features for partner performance management, which can be used to define goals and targets for partners, and monitor results using key performance indicators, reports, or dashboards
- Integrate with software solutions such as contract management, content management, project management, time and expense management, or office tools for email and calendar synchronization
Partner Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Partner Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Allbound PRM
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Magentrix PRM
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Impartner PRM
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.