Best Performance Management System
Performance management software helps organizations establish employee performance standards and enables managers to evaluate employees’ job performance in relation to these standards. Performance management systems are used to manage employee progress, performance, and development in relation to organizational goals. Companies use performance management software to facilitate meaningful and ongoing discussions between managers and direct reports.
Performance management software is most commonly implemented by HR departments to support manager-level staff throughout various departments at an organization evaluate employees, conduct performance reviews, maintain a record of discussion topics, and facilitate 360-degree feedback. Many performance management solutions offer organizational planning capabilities that help HR departments ensure certain skill sets are present within the organization and plan for succession contingencies in case of employee departure. Performance management software can be implemented either as a standalone solution or as part of an integrated HR management suite. Performance management software frequently integrates with compensation management software so that employee performance reviews can directly impact compensation decisions.
To qualify for inclusion in the Performance Management category, a product must:
- Facilitate the employee performance review process
- Allow users to evaluate employee performance in relation to overarching company goals
- Enable 360-degree feedback between managers, employees, and peers
- Retain historical review data or integrate with third-party applications where historical data can be maintained
Performance Management System Grid® Overview
The best Performance Management System products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Halogen TalentSpace, UltiPro, Workday HCM, PeopleSoft, BambooHR, 15Five Continuous Performance Management, ADP Workforce Now, Kronos Workforce Ready, Namely, and Paycom
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Primalogik 360, Performance Pro, WideAngle, Reviewsnap, Workboard, APS Core HR Solution, Quantum Workplace, BetterWorks, ClearCompany, WebHR, Atiim, Engagedly, Trakstar, Actus, PerformYard, HighGround, VM360 Feedback, Lattice Performance Management, and Rallyware
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Cornerstone OnDemand, Oracle Taleo, Saba Cloud, SAP SuccessFactors, Paylocity, Kronos Workforce Central, and Oracle HCM Cloud
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: PeopleFluent, Sage Business Cloud People, Ascentis, Weekdone, Small Improvements, Zoho People, PiiQ by Cornerstone, and SilkRoad Performance