Best Photo Editing Software
Photo editing software products modify, enhance, manipulate, and format image files. Photo editing tools are used to change, improve, or manipulate raw photos or images to fit a business’ needs. Photo editing tools are used by people in nearly any industry and in many fields. Organizations use these products to edit the appearance, size, and file type of images. Photo editing software is often used in conjunction with photo management and other design products before a user creates their final version of an image.
To qualify for inclusion in the Photo Editing category, a product must:
- Be able to import and export a variety of image file types, such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, and more
- Apply effects, corrections, and manipulations to image files
- Be pixel-based, rather than vector-based, like vector graphics products
Photo Editing Software Grid® Overview
The best Photo Editing Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Photos, Pixlr, and Photoshop Elements
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: GIMP, Affinity Photo, Ribbet, Fotor Photo Editor, Capture One Pro, Pablo, and Adobe Lightroom Classic
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: CorelDRAW, Corel AfterShot Pro, PhotoDirector, PhotoPlus, Paintshop Pro, Photomatix Pro, OpticsPro, and ViewPoint