Best PHP Web Frameworks Software
PHP is a language concentrated on server-side scripting. PHP web frameworks provide standards to build and deploy web applications written in PHP. These tools provide an architectural layout for programming in PHP. Developers use them to connect databases, eliminate repetitive coding, and systemize build processes. Business benefits include accessing FTP servers and both relational databases and non-relational databases. PHP usage has evolved over time from a standard server-side scripting to usage for developing many command line and graphical user interface applications.
There is a strong relationship between PHP web frameworks and other web frameworks since they all prive standards, testing and deployment tools. Still, not all web application frameworks provide cross-language support.
To qualify for inclusion in the PHP Web Frameworks category, a product must:
- Provide standards for PHP builds and deployments
- Provide automation capabilities for PHP web application development
- Provide PHP-compatible libraries, templates, or management tools
PHP Web Frameworks Software Grid® Overview
The best PHP Web Frameworks Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: CodeIgniter and Laravel
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Symfony and Yii