Best PLM Software
Product lifecycle management (PLM) software manages data during the development of a product from inception through the manufacturing, servicing, and disposal processes.
Companies use PLM software to increase productivity and collaboration, improve quality, bolster creativity, and shorten time to market for a product. It is used across various industries, helping integrate data and documents, business systems, and people involved in the product creation process. It allows those involved to systematically track all the changes a product goes through during its development.
PLM software integrates with a variety of systems including ERP (enterprise resource planning) platforms and CAD (computer-aided design) tools. It is typically used by multiple users in an organization, often with varying roles and permissions.
To qualify for inclusion in the PLM category, a product must:
- Manage product data throughout its lifecycle
- Provide a centralized hub for product data
- Have automation tools to increase efficiency
PLM Software Grid® Overview
The best PLM Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Arena
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle PLM, Omnify Empower PLM, and PropelPLM Suite
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Oracle Agile, Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, Dassault ENOVIA, Autodesk Vault, and SAP PLM
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.