Best Portals Software
Portal software is a development tool that helps users create an entrance point for access and navigation through intranets. Companies use portals to create accessible and centralized platforms for anything from digital dashboards to application access points, much like single sign-on (SSO) software.These platforms provide tools to process create access points, organize data, and integrate applications. They often utilized by enterprise-sized companies in need of increasing accessibility to large numbers of users. The other common form of portal is an infrastructure portal which gives developers access to internal applications, code, and data.
Many different technologies like SSO/federation and enterprise search tools utilize portals, but portal software gives users the tools necessary to build custom and internal portals.
To qualify for inclusion in the Portal software category, a product must:
- Create central access points for company data
- Develop an intranet for company applications and information
- Manage user access to specific types of content
Portals Software Grid® Overview
The best Portals Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Liferay Digital Experience Platform, Oracle WebCenter Content, and Salesforce Customer Portal
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders.
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Red Hat jBoss