Best Self-Service Business Intelligence Software
Self-service business intelligence (BI) software empowers business users to investigate company data, and reveal patterns and insights. Self-service BI products are designed to be set up and used by average business users without the need for input by IT. Businesses require intelligence throughout their company structure to determine the health of metrics, and how different metrics and data points are related. This analysis can locate opportunities and areas of improvement, and is necessary to continue adapting and refining business strategies. Self-service BI products consume data in its many forms, from file uploads and direct connectors to databases and business applications.
Products in our Self-Service BI category are designed to be primarily configured and used by non-technical business users like managers and analysts. For more customizable and comprehensive platforms that require IT involvement for designing and deploying internal analytics applications, look at our BI Platforms category. Our Data Visualization category houses products primarily designed to create charts, graphs, and benchmark visualizations.
To qualify for inclusion in the Self-Service Business Intelligence category, a product must:
- Consume data from any source through file uploads, database querying, and application connectors
- Transform data into a useful and relatable model
- Support data modeling, blending, and discovery processes
- Create reports and visualizations with business utility
- Be able to be configured and used by average business users with little IT involvement
Self-Service Business Intelligence Software Grid® Overview
The best Self-Service Business Intelligence Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Tableau Desktop, Alteryx, Information Builders WebFOCUS, Zoho Reports, Datawatch, Qlik Sense, Looker, Chartio, SAP Crystal, Mode Analytics, and Microsoft Power BI Desktop
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: BOARD, Targit, Exago, JReport, Izenda, ThoughtSpot, Dundas BI, ProfitWell, Numetric, and Statsbot
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Jaspersoft, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher, JMP, and Einstein Analytics
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Panorama Necto, Analyzer, BizInsight, Jet Reports, Datorama, DecisionPoint, and ReportServer