Best SEO Software
Search engine optimization (SEO), or organic search marketing, refers to software designed to improve the ranking of websites in search engine results pages (SERP) without paying for placement. These products provide SEO insights to companies through features, such as keyword analysis, backlink tracking, and trend analysis, to identify the best strategies to improve a website’s search relevance. Many tools also offer competitor data and broad industry analysis. SEO tools are often used by product and marketing teams, as well as SEO specialists, to identify areas for improvement on their web properties that could help produce higher rankings in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Some SEO softwares offer search advertising, or paid search, optimization tools as well. Search advertising tools analyze pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, conversion metrics, and ad placement. To learn more about search advertising products, please visit our Search Advertising category.
To qualify for inclusion in the SEO category, a product must:
- Analyze a website’s content and provide data and suggestions for improvements within search engine results pages
- Provide historical reports on optimization-related metrics
- Focus on the improvement in free, organic search engine listings
SEO Software Grid® Overview
The best SEO Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Moz Pro, Raven Tools, Conductor Searchlight, BrightEdge, Ahrefs, SpyFu, SEMrush, and Serpstat
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Web CEO, UpCity, SEO PowerSuite, MarketGoo, cognitiveSEO, SE Ranking, AgencyAnalytics, SEOmonitor, and Unamo SEO
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Searchmetrics and SimilarWeb
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Woorank, gShift, Majestic, Advanced Web Ranking, Monitor Backlinks, Alexa Marketing Stack, Clickx, and Crownpeak DQM