Social media management refers to software designed for marketing departments and organizations to publish to social media platforms. Users can post to many social media platforms at once, respond to customer inquiries quickly, and work in teams without creating any duplication of efforts. Social media management tools have grown in recent years from purely offering publishing features to including social media monitoring and analytics integrations bundled into their products, though there are many standalone social media monitoring products on the market. Also, many marketing automation suites offer social media management features. Based on their own needs and budgets, buyers should decide whether a broader marketing automation suite or a pure social media monitoring or analytics tool would better fit their needs.
Compare Best Social Media Mgmt SoftwareG2 Crowd helps you compare the best Social Media Mgmt Software products. You can compare products on the Grid, or by selecting any of the products for a side-by-side comparison. In addition, you can download the full report for more detailed information about Social Media Mgmt Software products. Only products with 10 or more reviews are included in the Grid. For a full list of products, click on the Products tab.
G2 Crowd Grid for Social Media Mgmt
Buying Considerations in Social Media Management
- Suite vs. best of breed
- Some social media monitoring tools and marketing automation systems also offer social media management features. Based on your needs, you could purchase one software that has a wide range of functionality or purchase one or more best-of-breed solutions that focus on solving a specific problem.
- Size of team
- Social media management tools are often offered in tiered plans based on how many users the account has. Make sure to identify how many users will need access to the platform so you can evaluate costs appropriately.
- Free vs. paid
- Many social media management tools offer a free option for small businesses or for less sophisticated features. Explore the free options available to see if one meets your needs before committing to a paid tool.
- Social channels
- Some social media management products support only certain social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) - consider which networks you will be utilizing before deciding on a product.
Key Benefits of Social Media Management Software
- Reduce time and effort by posting to multiple platforms simultaneously
- Respond quickly to customer inquiries
- Reduce duplicate efforts through collaboration by multiple users
- Find topics, content, and contacts on social channels to share and enhance engagement
- Schedule posts for around-the-clock engagement without manual effort
These are the common features of social media management software:
- Social Ads
- Amplify brand and community stories; reach customers by social profile and activity; optimize social ad campaigns in real-time
- Social Sharing
- Add intelligent social share buttons to your campaigns and content; track who is sharing your content and driving conversions
- Social Campaigns
- Schedule automated posts to one or more social accounts; use or integrate with URL shortening services; and measure likes, comments, replies, and retweets
- Social engagement
- Social apps including polls, sweepstakes, and referral programs can enhance audience engagement on your website, landing pages, Facebook pages, and emails
- Social analytics
- Uncovers customer sentiment and identifies trends to better accommodate customers