Best Special Education Software
Special education software provides tools for school teachers and administrators to manage the Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) of qualified special needs students.
Special education software is designed to handle all aspects of IEPs, which are meant to address each student’s unique educational needs and learning objectives with specific goals agreed upon by both educators and parents.
Special education software products are used throughout the education industry to help facilitate IEP compliance checks, evaluations, and other reporting features per state requirements. Many products also include features to streamline the production of IEPs and evaluation documents. Some special education tools track data related to disabilities, case management, and other relevant services for high visibility and quick progress reporting.
Special education software frequently integrates with student information system (SIS) software, while some features may be shared with study tools.
To qualify for inclusion in the Special Education category, a product must:
- Provide features designed specifically for IEPs
- Have intervention tools
- Include personalized learning program
Special Education Software Grid® Overview
The best Special Education Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: PowerSchool Unified Classroom and Skyward Student Management Suite
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: PowerSchool Special Education
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Synergy SE and IEPWriter.com