Best Study Tools
Products in the Study Tools category provide users with resources to prepare for tests, quizzes, and assessments. This ranges from entire courses geared towards standardized test preparation to digital flashcards for practicing vocabulary, math problems, or other subject specific material.
Study tools may be deployed as a desktop or cloud-based solution through the web or a mobile device. Teachers may use these products in classrooms to help students study for assessments or to reinforce important concepts. Students may also seek out these tools independently for test preparation.
Study tools can be mixed in with other products in the Education categoryto assist with the preparation for tests, quizzes, and assessments, or for reinforcement of key concepts.
To qualify for inclusion in the Study Tools category, a product must:
- Have features specifically for test preparation
- Include various study methods
- Be accessible for students and educators
Study Tools Grid® Overview
The best Study Tools products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: McGraw-Hill Connect, POWERPREP II, Quizlet, Brainscape, and Kahoot!
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: GMATPrep Software, Magoosh, Shmoop, Fact Monster, NoRedInk, and Pear Deck
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: StudyBlue, Course Hero, and Anki