Best Team Collaboration Software
Team collaboration software facilitates intentional group processes, helping the people involved in a common task achieve their goals. A powerful side effect of facilitating group processes is the capability to enhance user productivity. Collaboration software allows multiple users to stay connected and work together on projects from any location on nearly any connected device. With team collaboration software, team members are able to create workspaces that are viewable and accessible by all other users, regardless of their physical location.
Team collaboration software has myriad communication and interaction mediums, including email, instant messaging, notifications, shared calendaring, video conferencing, discussions forums, and boards, that are either built directly into or integrated with other applications. Team collaboration software helps employees keep track of projects and tasks, regardless of business size and content, as it facilitates the effective and efficient organization of teams from different parts of an organization. Collaboration software integrates (important) with existing social networks, VoIP and/or web conferencing, VDI (if the software is implemented in the cloud), and file storage and sharing software.
To qualify for inclusion in the Team Collaboration category, a product must:
- Allow the creation of a (public or private) workspace that multiple users can access, view, and edit
- Integrate with existing communication channels or software
- Provide features that support communication and peer-to-peer or peer-to-group interactions
- Track the history of conversations
Team Collaboration Software Grid® Overview
The best Team Collaboration Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Confluence, Trello, IBM Connections, Smartsheet, Wrike, Hightail, G Suite, Podio, CA Flowdock, Slack, Glip, Workplace by Facebook (formerly Facebook at Work), Quip, Dropbox Paper, Microsoft Teams, Evernote Business, and Telegram
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Bloomfire, Ignite Realtime Spark, Trillian, ActiveCollab, TaskRay, Samepage, emplo, Ryver, Jostle, Zoho Connect, Simpplr, Hive, Azendoo, Beekeeper, Flock, Signal, Branch Messenger, SnatchBot, Whaller, Airtable, Stride, RealtimeBoard, and Hop Email
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Jive-n, Socialcast, SAP Jam Collaboration, tibbr, and Cisco Spark
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Huddle, Igloo, XWIKI Collaborative Work, Bitrix24, iMeet® Central, Higher Logic, eXo Platform, Zoho Wiki, Honey, Bolste, moxtra, Mattermost, Rocket.Chat, Gitter, Gmelius, Bluescape, and MiCollab