Best Time Tracking Software
Time tracking software enables workers to either passively or manually track their time spent on projects, tasks, and other deliverables. This software is used by employees and employers in many industries and helps small- and mid-sized business (SMB) owners stay organized and up-to-date in managing their employees’ times. Time tracking software increases productivity in employees because it allows for accountability, helping to discover which activities or events cause time wasting, and keeps all time data in one location. Ideally, time tracking software can tweak discrepancies in workflows to fix what is and isn’t working in order to increase profits and automate companies’ payroll and billing operations. Many time tracking software solutions work with workforce management software, encompassing human resources, payroll, and talent management tools. Time tracking software can be integrated either directly into time clock hardware or deployed in the cloud.
To qualify for inclusion in the Time Tracking category, a product must:
- Integrate with existing accounting or third-party payroll software.
- Track, report, and calculate time and work usage.
- Analyze work performance and generate reports and invoices
- Export data into an invoicing tool.
- Scale according to size of company, team, or project, or to individual freelancers
Time Tracking Software Grid® Overview
The best Time Tracking Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: UltiPro, Workday HCM, Kronos Workforce Central, BigTime, Harvest, Replicon, Toggl, Humanity, Time Doctor, TSheets, Kronos Workforce Ready, Dayforce, TimeCamp, TimeClick, Paymo, and Deputy
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: freckle, Intervals, actiTIME, AccountSight, ClickTime, Buddy Punch, APS Core HR Solution, Timesheets.com, WebHR, Fingercheck, Everhour, TMetric, Avaza, Boomr, EBS PaySuite, and Minute7
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: OpenAir PSA, Paylocity, Paychex Flex, Core, WorkflowMax, TriNet, Namely, and Zoho People
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Clarizen, Tenrox, Apptivo, Unanet, iSolved, FunctionFox, Journyx, SpringAhead, Planday, RescueTime, stratustime, Hubstaff, LiquidPlanner, OfficeMA Timesheet, Ximble, EPAY HCM, Timely Time Tracking, and TimeClock Plus v7