Best Translation Management Software
Translation management systems automate the process of translating text from one language to another. .These systems aim to maximize global content and minimize the need for manual processes by automating basic tasks throughout the translation process. These products are used by translation service providers and companies with internal translation resources. Translation management systems assist in the localization of marketing or products themselves to customize global content to specific regions. Translation management systems span the entire lifecycle of a translation text; from inputting the source text to distributing the finished target text, these products serve as a central translation hub for organizations to track and collaborate on translations. Translation management systems often integrate with machine translation software and computer-assisted translation software, and many may also integrate with enterprise-content-management tools as well.
To qualify for inclusion in the Translation Management category, a product must:
- Automate translation processes
- Provide publishing tools to automate marketing practices
- Provide computer-assisted or machine translation tools
- Centralize multi-lingual content
- Allow administrators to target specific languages, regions, or audiences
- Provide tools for translators, project managers, and other employees to communicate
- Analyze translation quality and effectiveness
Translation Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Translation Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Transifex
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: POEditor
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution.
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Smartling and GlobalSight