Best Vulnerability Management Software
Vulnerability management software performs cyclical monitoring tasks to identify, diagnose, and remedy network threats such as hackers, viruses, or malware. Businesses will use vulnerability management tools to constantly test their network’s security and identify threats. IT managers and administrators use vulnerability management to automate tests and monitoring tasks required to maintain a secure network. Once a threat is detected, vulnerability management software will either alert administrators, remedy issues automatically, or install a patch to alter security policies. Vulnerability management products share many features with data security, network security, and web security tools. But vulnerability management tools are focused solely on the identification and management of network threats.
To qualify for inclusion in the Vulnerability Management category, a product must:
- Automate cyclical threat monitoring tasks
- Test threats and identify vulnerabilities
- Alert administrators of threats or risks
- Provide tools to remedy network vulnerabilities
- Allow administrators to alter security requirements
Vulnerability Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Vulnerability Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and scale (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: Qualys and AlienVault USM
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the market share and scale of the Leaders. High Performers include: SpyBot, Atera, and Ghostery MCM
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: Sophos UTM, Cyberoam UTM, Tripwire Enterprise, and SolarWinds Patch Manager
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them.