Best Workforce Management Software
Workforce Management software helps organizations plan, manage, and track employee work, including labor requirements, employee schedules, and paid time off (PTO). Workforce management platforms offer a variety of features that enable users to optimize workforce efforts. Companies use workforce management software to forecast labor demand, create and assign employee schedules, track attendance, and report on workforce efficiency.
Workforce management solutions are commonly implemented in HR departments, though some standalone products may be used by businesses without a traditional HR department. Many workforce management solutions offer self-service options that enable employees to check PTO balances and request days off on their own without interrupting normal HR workflows. Workforce management software can be implemented either as part of an integrated HR management suite or as a standalone solution. Workforce management software frequently integrates with third-party HR applications, with core HR systems in particular acting as a central repository for workforce data.
To qualify for inclusion in the Workforce Management category, a product must:
- Allow users to forecast labor demands and develop workforce contingency plans
- Help administrators manage employee schedules, PTO, and leave requests
- Enable reporting on labor activities with workforce analytics capabilities
- Track employee attendance and workforce competencies
Workforce Management Software Grid® Overview
The best Workforce Management Software products are determined by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on products’ scale, focus, and influence) and placed into four categories on the Grid®:
- Products in the Leader quadrant are rated highly by G2 Crowd users and have substantial Market Presence scores. Leaders include: UltiPro, Kronos Workforce Central, Humanity, BambooHR, Zenefits, Paycor Perform, Kronos Workforce Ready, Namely, Dayforce, ADP Vantage HCM, When I Work, Paycom, and Deputy
- High Performers are highly rated by their users, but have not yet achieved the Market Presence of the Leaders. High Performers include: Planday, APS Core HR Solution, WebHR, Built for Teams, Shiftboard, Beekeeper, and Branch Messenger
- Contenders have significant Market Presence and resources, but have received below average user Satisfaction ratings or have not yet received a sufficient number of reviews to validate the solution. Contenders include: PeopleSoft, Paychex Flex, and Oracle HCM Cloud
- Niche solutions do not have the Market Presence of the Leaders. They may have been rated positively on customer Satisfaction, but have not yet received enough reviews to validate them. Niche products include: Replicon, SentricWorkforce, Skedulo, People HR, Zoho People, NICE IEX, and Cognistix