What is new in Acronis Backup 12.5 compared to Acronis Backup 12?
Acronis Backup 12.5 is based on the same award-winning Acronis Hybrid Cloud Architecture as the previous versions. It is available in two editions, Standard and Advanced, and Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard Edition is a free update to Acronis Backup 12. The Standard Edition introduces several groundbreaking features, including:
- Customizable dashboards for quick insights into the backup infrastructure
- Acronis Active Protection™ to stop ransomware attacks
SFTP protocol to securely store backups in private cloud storage
- Staging and backup replication to multiple destinations to improve resiliency and reduce risks of failed recovery
- Conversion to a standby virtual machine (VM) after backup for quick disaster recovery
- Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, which lets remote users quickly and easily restore their Windows® PCs from software failures
- Customizable archive names to accommodate process and corporate requirements
- Cleanup by archive size to reduce risks of running out of storage space
- Single sign-on for Windows to improve productivity of backup administrators
- Event-based backup scheduling and scheduling conditions for more agile and customized backup policies
- Backup of select Microsoft Exchange mailboxes to achieve additional protection for critical data
Acronis Backup 12.5 Advanced Edition includes these and additional features and functionality for larger environments. A paid upgrade from the Standard to Advanced Edition is available. For more details, you can view the Data Sheet and What’s New documents.