What are some of the security features that can be leveraged in ChangeGear
to create a secure environment?
• Windows Integrated Authentication for logins, including support for Microsoft ADFS.
• Login page can be customized to fit corporate security requirements.
• All access attempts, including failed login attempts are captured in the session audit trail table.
• Support for a user to securely reset their own ChangeGear password.
• An option to use ChangeGear Authentication for external vendor access, or where AD/LDAP integration is not an option.
Auditing and Logging
• All edits to system tickets and resources are logged.
• User that last modified an item is easily viewed in the system.
• Deletes are logical, permitting review before purging.
• The state of an item and the role/team of a user can dictate the Actions they may perform.
• The state of an item can control the visibility and editability of a given item or field.
Guest role can be used to make certain features publicly available.
• Support for Digital Signature on workflow actions like Approval.
• Team security flexibly allows users to play different roles with respect to tickets/items their
• Organizational separation permits staff members to serve isolated groups of end-users
(for example for an MSP).
• Visibility of items based on roles and teams.
• Web app support SSL (HTTPS).
• Secure communication into and out of the ChangeGear server (from Desktop Client, Web App, and RDE can be
encrypted on the wire).
• Best practices for application development and design followed to avoid remote code execution, SQL Injection, Format
string vulnerabilities, cross-site scripting (XSS), and others.