I keep hearing the term Cloud CRM but don't really understand what it is.
Traditionally, all CRM systems were in-house applications, that is they were installed and ran on servers within the organisation. Nowadays, newer CRM systems are Cloud based, that is the application and data is all held on the CRM providers’ servers in a datacentre, and accessed via a browser.
Cloud CRM, also known as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) CRM, online CRM and Web CRM, has a number of technical and pricing advantages:
- You don’t need any local servers to run the CRM on. No capital cost, no server software, no maintenance
- Updates, backups, maintenance all done by the Cloud vendor (us!)
- Users can access the system from anywhere – home, office, café
- By running thousands of customers’ CRM system on our servers, we get great economies of scale which we can pass on to our customers
- By paying monthly or quarterly, you reduce risk and improve the cash flow
- You can cancel at time (with us, anyway!
For more information go to https://www.reallysimplesystems.com/download-free-guide/