1&1

1&1 provides support as an expert in e-business and web hosting. Whatever your needs are for online success, we offer the right solution!

Work for 1&1?

Learning about 1&1?

1&1 Reviews

Showing 51 1&1 reviews
1&1 review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

"Helpful Costumer Service, Affordable Domains"

What do you like best?

The pricing was unbeatable when price shopping domains at a yearly rate. The rate hasn't gone up either which has been awesome.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customer service takes a bit of time to get back to you, but once they do it's helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1&1 is simple, reliable, and ultimately the best deal I've found out there for domain names. I'm also terrible at remembering renewals so it's convenient that they send out reminder emails way in advance so you don't lose your website. The UI is extremely simple, which is nice especially for a novice like myself. I did have to reach out to support a few times which was helpful, but there was one instance where the gentlemen didn't know the answer and it took over 24 hours to find a resolution. Not bad but would have liked to resolve it sooner.

I needed an affordable domain name and for the yearly price, this was unbeatable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 1&1
1&1 review by <span>Skylar B.</span>
Skylar B.

"1&1 Website Hosting and Wordpress CMS Integration Review"

What do you like best?

We use 1and1 for our company, Time Travel Records (TimeTravelRcords.com).I like how 1&1 has lower prices, starting with its $11.99 for the 1st year (hosting AND domains!), and then $99.99 for every year after. We needed a one-page website for our company, Time Travel Records, where we could embed CDbaby, iTunes and Amazon links, etc for songs. I like 1and1's autopay feature, so that we do not have to worry about paying for the site each year.

What do you dislike?

The Wordpress setup was rather complicated at first. Also, it is hard to receive benefits from recommending the service to others, because 1and1 only gives you $100 per recommendation if it's during the month of August. At one time, I had to upgrade to a new version of PHP, which was very complicated to do. Fortunately, 1and1 showed me how over the phone so that it would not be too much of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may want to consider using BlueHost or a hosting service designed for Wordpress if you do not want the long setup process. When using 1&1, keep your customer service number written down, and make sure to backup your site as sometimes it does not always stay on (99.9% uptime).

One business problem we had was that we needed a business email and a junk email address. 1and1 gave us both for our company, Time Travel Records. We also realized how much people like to go to an actual website, rather than a link to iTunes or Amazon. Having our own website hosting and domain from 1and1 gave us the ability to express our company in means we would not be able to do otherwise.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

1&1 review by <span>Nicholas D.</span>
Nicholas D.

"Solid Hosting Option"

What do you like best?

I've been a 1&1 customer for 15 years and though I've grown into many contracts, they've allowed me to keep my legacy contract in place at the same pricing I started with. They offer many hosting options and are fairly easy to get setup with.

What do you dislike?

The support has sometimes been hit or miss. Generally, things work as they should, but the support in the shared hosting tier is not always very helpful. Once you get into the VPS or Server support tier, their support has been excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it works for the software you're going to run. Their shared hosting includes a lot more useful options (email, SSH access, etc) than many other competitors who seem to nickel and dime you for those extras. Their sitebuilder and extra marketing services should be avoided, but this is true of most web hosting companies.

We have several hosting packages and development environments through 1&1. They host our main company's website and have generally been a solid service for us.

1&1 review by <span>martin l.</span>
martin l.

"Best Hosting For New Bloggers"

What do you like best?

1&1 is on the more affordable end of web hosting.They only charge me around 12$ approx for 1 year hosting including .com domain name and they also offers many good services like for free like SSL protection.

What do you dislike?

They never asked you before charging for the trail service.It pissed me off when they offer me free mail spam protection trail period i thought they would asked me before charging me but it auto renewed and balance has been deducted from my paypal account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not among those who are good at exploring their own coding, then 1&1 is best suited for you as they even have an option for setting up all things for you so you just have to sit back and they can do all things for you. Even they have a very supportive team, which will help you anytime you want, but beware of their charges as they never asked you before charging from your PayPal so it's best if you contact their support team and tell them to cancel all the auto renewal trail offers.So it will not be charged from your bank and one more thing the cheap price they are offering looking good only for the first year after that every single service is at very high prices.

1and1 does not provide CPanel which is the bare minimum required to handle Word Press and do basic web support.They have there own CPanel which is way to complicated for new bloggers.

1&1 review by <span>Rebecca L.</span>
Rebecca L.

"Great for hosting my Wordpress site"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the hosting is. I signed up for auto updates because I don't have time to deal with that, so it updates my site automatically every time wordpress has an update. So far, the 1&1 portal has been easy to navigate and find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I dislike about this hosting company, so far. I have been using them for a few months and have been happy with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best price I could find for hosting a wordpress site. You can pay $2.99 a month for a managed wordpress site, which will update your site when wordpress somes out with updates. If you have the time to do that yourself, then you don't need to buy the managed wordpress one. I'm lazy so I bought it.

I own a photography business so having a website is pretty important. I knew I wanted to use Wordpress.org because of the great SEO, but I didn't want to spend too much on hosting. After reading a ton of articles comparing different hosting options, I went with 1&1 because they had everything I needed and their price was super reasonable. The free portfolio website I used to have with Adobe Portfolio was not great in the SEO department, and I needed better SEO. I also couldn't customize it the way I wanted to. Wordpress is fully customizable and has the best SEO.

1&1 review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"Great if you can get an offer/deal"

What do you like best?

1&1 Website Builder Plus is a good platform to build a website. Easy to set up, Easy to set up emails and good analytics giving you a basic overview.

Easy to add images and logo's etc.

What do you dislike?

It has a slightly steep learning curve, also if you start a site and then want to apply another design, you have to delete the original site and start again from scratch.

I really think they need to find a way to apply templates without losing content you've uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start adding content, I would recommend reviewing the templates carefully. This will save the need for repeatedly adding content to the site everytime you change the template.

Make sure you get a deal, otherwise this can be an expensive option for your site.

No need for the expense of an external designer, this saved the business money.

1&1 review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Was the best place to purchase domains"

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to purchase a domain for my design portfolio site (being reworked) at a reasonable price, along with knowing what I was actually purchasing (privacy, iccan fee, etc). The auto-renew feature has saved me tons.

What do you dislike?

I hate that I am sent an invoice with a certain date via email to find out it is more of a "ballpark" date to be charged. I am used to either being charged automatically or if there is an issue having my real bill date and paying instantly by card, PayPal, etc. The whole billing part is a downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as domains go, give it a shot. Just be aware of billing and invoices.

I am able to purchase a domain to help with my design site for my clients and personal projects. You have to have your presence online to reach more clients and other amazing people to work with beyond your location.

1&1 review by <span>Joshua B.</span>
Joshua B.

"A good web host, but not one of the better ones"

What do you like best?

1&1 has some good deals for new customers. They often offer low prices for initial domain registrations and web hosting packages. They make signing up relatively easy. Their website has a nice layout that makes finding information about their products and services pretty straightforward. The dashboard allows me to perform all the necessary functions for domain management such as setting the DNS records.

What do you dislike?

Though the prices can start out pretty low, they often jump dramatically after your first term. Most of the discount offers are limited to new customers, so once we reap the benefits of the initial savings, it's seems unlikely you'll be able to save much after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domain registration is a relatively straightforward service, so the quality of service from one domain registrar to another will not be very noticeable in my opinion. For the most part, you're best bet is going to be whatever company offers you the lowest price. To be safe though, you should use a company that has a good reputation and has been around for a while. Other than 1&1, companies like Register.com, GoDaddy and Namecheap come to mind.

We're able to register a domain that can reliably connect to our website. We didn't experience any issues with the domain we registered. The customer support was able to help us with some issues dealing with domain propagation.

1&1 review by Administrator

"Most secured hosting I ever used "

What do you like best?

The best facility is that of ‘Auto-renew’, it helps in saving time. Moreover they have managed to provide nearly all services within just few clicks. Their easy setup is just amazing to choose.

What do you dislike?

As the cPanel is missing there are certain complications that arises but they were all solved with their customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using their services from last year. It's quite great till now. They have helped me create a great website with their proper updates!

Their auto renew system for the website portals helps me receive the latest updates and versions of WordPress, which ultimately helps in achieving better traffic. I think their services are offered at quite an average rate. Their technical support and customer support team makes sure to run things smoothly and in proper pace for me. They are quite efficient in maintaining website services with their auto renewal packages.

1&1 is also providing special built in security feature which helps in protecting data exchanges from my website to any other user. I tested the services with their one month trial plan, they are offering great service at a very affordable rate.

Always facing issue with SSL installation but they fixed it quick

1&1 review by User

"Behind the times for small business needs"

What do you like best?

It's fairly straightforward and easy to use, pricing is on the lower end and support call waiting wasn't long at all. Customer reps were super kind and talked through things with me.

What do you dislike?

When they updated their site basic package, they didn't update people on the old basic package, making their site obsolete in regards to upgrading things. I would have to re-up my plan and pay more for the same package but with new upgrades. This means I'd have to redesign my blog and re-implement elements into the site. After calling in, I asked what the new features were, and they were features that weren't very new to website building at all, but they wanted more money for them. One example was categories for blog posts. There was no way to categorize or search for blog posts on their site, meaning people had to scroll and scroll and scroll to see past posts.

The overall interface was clunky at best and didn't provide modern design elements such as wix or squarespace, which are cheaper in price at that. Sometimes elements would glitch when moving them and it took me twice as long to design a site compared to doing one on Wix. Overall good for basic use and features, but if you want to look professional at all, I'd recommend another web builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's behind the curve, so I'd go with someone ahead of the game that meets your needs.

We no longer use their web service and use them to host our website (probably going to move that too just to have in same place at cheaper rate) and our emailing needs. Their mailbox rates are very well priced and has all the essential features you need from a mailbox.

1&1 review by Administrator

"Easy To Setup and very affordable "

What do you like best?

You can easily setup everything with just few clicks.

What do you dislike?

Classic cpanel missing.So i find it little bit bit complicated to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

I choose 1and1 for their affordable and attractive packages. They have mended various sorts of services in their packages with sufficient RAM and storage space for the website owner to begin their hosting.I have been using many hosting currently but 1&1 look easy to use and you can setup everything very quickly but when it's come to advance exploring of your site then i think they still have a long way to go or maybe they can start offering old classic cpanel instead of their own.I have been in the e-commerce business since a decade now and according to me 1and1 is providing their services at very affordable rate but they don't maintain that after one time product usage.If you don't have any budget issue and want everything to go smooth then they are the best as they provide auto-renewal of products and service which will automatic debit the amount from your paypal or whatever payment option you are using so it's kind of time saving for many people.One more key feature of 1and1 that makes their services a unique one is their security features. They offer an built-in encrypted website security that operates to protect data exchanges between your site and the user. However, if you want more security, there are options of enabling SiteLock, which is yet again available at quite a affordable price.

1and1 has even started a 30 day trial policy, which enables any user to try on their services and if they don't like it they would receive all their money back.

Auto-Renewal they offer very cheap price for first time usage of any product but after that even SSL service look way to costly

1&1 review by <span>Robyn K.</span>
Robyn K.

"Buy Your Domain Elsewhere"

What do you like best?

What I liked about 1 & 1 is that I was able to buy a domain so inexpensively. The sign-up and set up for domain forwarding was easy and straightforward. I can choose an easy to remember domain name and connect it to a landing page or page on my current website.

What do you dislike?

The endless amounts of spam. I've used other domain services and chose not to mask my contact information but with 1&1 I was bombarded with e-mails and calls from vendors wanting to work on my domain. it was awful and I'd never use them again for this reason. Save your money and take your domain elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

stay away or pay extra to have your contact information masked.

The benefits of 1&1 are purchasing a custom URL name for a very inexpensive price. You can create a number of easy friendly URL's to link to pages on your current site. It's great to have a landing page connected to a domain name that a customer can easily remember and access. However, as I mentioned 1&1 quickly sold my contact information and I was bombarded with e-mails and calls from service providers who wanted to design a web page for me - something I did not need or want. When my domain expired I did not renew with them.

1&1 review by <span>Anatoly G.</span>
Anatoly G.

"fairly simple but maybe too simplistic, aging interface"

What do you like best?

Tons of options, very inexpensive, some plans include free domains. It was really simply to stand up new servers, and especially those running pre-built tools like Wordpress.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot differentiates 1&1 from any other hosting provider. Its aging interface looks and feels clunky, too slow. The email hosting was using a proprietary interface that was far inferior to GMail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there are better, faster, cheaper options. Moreover, I'd recommend you look for a service that has a better email client, better and faster DNS, and an integrated CDN.

we used 1&1 for hosting both our own website, as well as web applications my company built for our customers. We were able to deploy applications fairly easily on 1&1, and the uptime was satisfactory.

1&1 review by <span>Jean Gérard B.</span>
Jean Gérard B.

"1&1 is great!"

What do you like best?

I needed to setup a website quickly and I need a domain name. So I search the net to find some cheap domain name to buy. Usually I use Godaddy but I wanted to see what's out there. And my good search landed me to a 1&1 special that allows to buy .com domains for 1 dollar. Seriously, 1 dollar. I since bought a couple domain name from them.

What do you dislike?

after having bought some domain name with them, I had to stop using their service because they started to limit the special offer by country. Since I'm outside the U.S. I then could not buy new domains at special prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1&1 is great for domain names registrations and also for hosting. I happened to visit some sites hosted on their shared servers and they load pretty fast. I think they are among the many first hosting services that supported PHP 7 early.

I need to buy new domain names at cheap price I tried them for a while. I bought around 5-6 domains from them.

1&1 review by <span>Harpreet P.</span>
Harpreet P.

"1and1 offers the latest web hosting tech that the bigger brand are missing - php7, ssd, http/2"

What do you like best?

My 1and1 likes:

Affordable web hosting - I only paid £0.99 per month

PHP 7 - 7 is tested to be 3x faster than Php5 for wordpress :)

SSD drives - meant to be faster than standard disks

HTTP/2 - meant to be faster

Offers Windows Servers

What do you dislike?

My 1and1 dislike:

I am missing the standard web hosting control panel: cPanel. 1and1 Custom Panel is not very good.

lack of web support chat. most other web hosts do have live chat support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

offer cpanel

provides domains, email and web hosting services for my new web business. Plus extra search marketing and design options.

1&1 review by <span>Emily P.</span>
Emily P.

"The best host I have ever used."

What do you like best?

1&1 is stable, ready to help, and easy to use! I have used them since around 2004 and I can remember only one time that there was a significant outage-and that was a regional issue. Any time I have needed to talk to anyone they are friendly and ready to help. Any service I have ever needed is available and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

There are two things I wish 1&1 offered. 1. The ability to use free security certificates (currently you have to get your ssl through them, but at least now your first one is free). 2. I wish they did podcast hosting. I'd rather pay them to host my podcasts than an additional company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a dependable host and registrar go with 1&1. I have had more than acceptable uptime to the point of downtime being not worth mentioning. Their customer support is always more than helpful and their user interface is easy to navigate and make changes.

I need a registrar and host for about ten websites. 1&1 has been dependable and easy to use.

1&1 review by <span>Jon H.</span>
Jon H.

"Perfect if you confident"

What do you like best?

The user dashboard is easy to use and has a nice layout.

What do you dislike?

Altering or changing parts of your hosting can be clunky and sometime your left wondering if the change took place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask 1and1 for help, the tech team is cool. However if your planning on using the in-house web builder then plan ahead, once you pick a template it's difficult to switch. Switching to a new design scraps the old site and starts a new one, which means you lose your work.

Hosting two of our websites.

1&1 review by User

"A pretty decent web host and domain registrar"

What do you like best?

They can provide most of the tools you need to get your domain name registered and website hosted. They have a variety of plans to fit most budgets and the hosting speed is decent, not terrible. They occasionally offer discounts for registering new domains. We got a domain registers for about a dollar, but then the price went up after that. Customer service is reasonably easy to reach and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The regular prices after discounts can be a bit high. The hosting speed doesn't seem to be as fast as others around the same price. Though the technical support can be helpful, their knowledge is sometimes limited and may not be able to help you through certain website issues regarding security and speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a respectable company that has been around for many years, so they should be able to handle at least basic web hosting needs. They have to capacity for more advanced needs as well and can probably do a decent job with almost any website and email setup.

Registering domain and hosting website. We can have our site hosted at a reliable company and not worry too much about downtime and maintenance issues. They have a big support team which is easy to reach so basic problems can sorted out pretty quickly.

1&1 review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"A Great DIY Website Creator"

What do you like best?

This software is so incredibly easy to use. I took over for another person who started our company's website but didn't get very far. There is no coding involved, basically just "fill in the blanks" for just about everything.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything yet that I dislike - it's that easy to use! If something ever does come up that I can't handle, I feel sure that 1&1 has a tech support service that will help me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with this software. It is so incredibly easy to use. You don't need any special training or knowledge of code to use this software. It is great for just about any purpose and any industry and can handle everything from personal blogs to full-blown corporate websites. There are countless add-ons that you can use for things like company e-mails, photo galleries, on-site stores and many more so your options are endless!

Our company's website was pitiful - information was missing or just plain incorrect. It was a breeze going in and correcting the things that needed correcting, deleting things that just didn't apply and adding things that needed to be there. It was easy to drag various features around on the page so that they would be where I wanted them. I also like that I can access this from anywhere so I can edit our website while I'm on the go. We are trying to expand our web presence and this is the first step in accomplishing that.

1&1 review by <span>Grant A.</span>
Grant A.

"1&1 pretty good for domain registration price, not that great for website management"

What do you like best?

1&1 offers a lot of products and has relatively competitive pricing compared to other services. Menus are not overly complicated and I've had no real problems with my websites being unavailable. Support, when I had to contact them was surprisingly good and well informed.

What do you dislike?

Biggest thing is that it's sometimes complicated to manage all my products and how that affects my billing. Products are based on contracts and I apparently have one "contract" for a domain name, and another "contract" for my hosting package with an included domain. Sometimes I'm not exactly sure which package I'm editing or modifying.

Another observation is that there appears to not be an extensive and all-in-one DNS management location. Haven't yet figured out how to create multiple MX or A records or have custom CNAMEs pointing to them. The DNS management consists of whether you want to point to 1&1's CNAME or point to an external IP.

One other major drawback is that if you like cPanel for server management, look elsewhere as 1&1 does not use cPanel, instead favoring it's own custom backend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like them for domain registration as their prices are pretty good, but it is lacking in DNS management. If you're considering between this and GoDaddy, go with 1&1 as it's more professional, offers more features and appears to be more secure.

I'm managing my own website, domain redirecting and domain pointing through 1&1.

1&1 review by <span>Alberto B.</span>
Alberto B.

"It has its goods, its has its bads"

What do you like best?

As a developer I would recommend 1&1 for two reasons.

If you want to hire a domain for a webpage that you have recently started they are available for 0,99, which is a pretty good price.

If you are familiarized with PHP enviroment of PHP development in webpages, it is also a really good place to host your webs. (most expensive plan includes SSL, for that price, it is worth it)

If you have no idea to program and you want a webpage I have to say their web page creator tool does pretty well, I would definetely recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't really use it as a hosting service, I prefer others than 1&1.

I don't really like their webpage, as it has too much information, and area it works with ID (ask for my email please, because I would basically I will go to my email, check it and then put it on your login information).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It could be a bit bothering at first, I used to think there were many things going on.

Don't feel bad, just start using it, specially if you are a person who don't have technical knowledge of web creation, you will do fine.

Its creator is awesome, I created a webpage for my team some years ago in just a evening. It is pretty fast and intuitive.

If you ever feel lost, they used to have good support and they are pretty good people to deal with.

1&1 review by <span>Anthony T.</span>
Anthony T.

"1&1"

What do you like best?

Great promos on domain names. I currently have 5 domains registered with 1&1. You can't beat it. It seems that 1&1 have upgraded the way they do business; the registration process is easy and hosting plans are competitive and fast.

What do you dislike?

All domain name and hosting provider have something they can improve. The Con is that 1&1 has a habit of making super-technical features easy to find and the best options for non-tech users difficult to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1&1 has really stepped up the game and deserves two thumbs up. See for yourself.

Domain registration have never been more affordable and available, 1&1 have filled that gap like Godaddy offering $1 - Free domain registration.

1&1 review by <span>Alisha R.</span>
Alisha R.

"1and1 - Affordable and Intuitive"

What do you like best?

The pricing for website URLs is the best around and the process for signing up and setting up your URL is very intuitive. Their website interface is easy to understand and navigate even for a new user. I have found their customer service and support to be very helpful and they resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I have had some minor billing issues but those have been resolved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the best price for URLs and an easy-to-use website building tool look no further, 1and1 is for you! You'll be set up in just minutes and can create a nice looking website rather quickly with lots of help articles and friendly customer support.

1&1 review by User in Computer Software

"Performant, if cumbersome, hosting experience"

What do you like best?

The new interface goes a long way towards making everything easy to understand and do. The visual style is modern and steps are taken to help novice users: obscure fields are explained, features are clear. On the technical side, the core features work really well: hosting is quick and reliable, response times and availability are good.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of ads and call-to-action items on each screen. So much so that it sometimes requires the user to hunt for a particular option or link. The domain management interface is a little better, but there you are subjected to 1&1's proprietary terminology (what a domain is, what a DNS record is etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare for long waiting times when calling Customer Support and also inconsistent support quality. As long as you aren't trying to do anything too complicated or too particular, everything works well, with great availability times and speeds.

I am hosting a personal blog and have been able to gain excellent availability and generally a carefree experience.

1&1 review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Decent Service for a Decent Price"

What do you like best?

1&1 actually has pretty good support and a very easy to use backend interface. I really enjoy how easy it is to move files and DNS related information around without haven't to know much about TXT, MX, A, etc. records. 1&1 is a great stop for beginner through novice web administrator.

What do you dislike?

I had a series of website outages and become pretty frustrated with the lack of reasoning. My sites weren't very large and had pretty light traffic. It has gotten better but I had a month or two where it was pretty unreliable and I had lots of unhappy clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great first step because of the price and great support that is offered, but it can become an issue when you host larger sites or more pricey when you need to upgrade your hosting. I still host a few on 1&1, but have moved bigger clients elsewhere.

I run a web agency and I need to host several websites for various clients. I need access to DNS, MX, TXT, and FTP for my websites and clients. I also use MySQL pretty heavily. 1&1 has been very helpful in teaching me what I need to do and how to set things up.

1&1 review by <span>Joshua D.</span>
Joshua D.

"Fine hosting. Customer service is meh"

What do you like best?

The hosting was just great. They had pretty good help docs. This was the first web host that I ever used and so it did the job I needed it to do. I bought a domain with them and it works just fine.

What do you dislike?

My credit card expired, and the next thing I heard from them was a call from a debt collector. I was like 18 at the time and had no idea what was going on. I am sure there was some miscommunication on both sides, but don't sell your customers to a debt collector when their credit card expires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hosting companies are a dime a dozen. I wouldn't recommend 1 & 1, just due to my horrible experience with their customer service. I am sure they do a fine job hosting and selling domains, but I chose not to do business with them.

Their cPanel and DNS management worked fine. Again, not many problems with the product, but the way they treated me as their customer is my biggest concern.

1&1 review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"Bombarded by Marketing"

What do you like best?

Cheap domain name registration and easy signup.

What do you dislike?

They are clearly selling your customer information, as I have been bombarded with calls and messages from web design firms since registering a domain with them. This was not worth the few bucks I saved on registration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use them if you value your contact information remaining private.

Website domain hosting

1&1 review by <span>Patrick L.</span>
Patrick L.

"Simple domain registration but cheaper options exist"

What do you like best?

1and1 provide a reasonably priced domain name registration service. The initial price for the first year is very cheap, but after that there is a significant increase in the yearly price.

They recently upgraded the dashboard interface so that it is more sleek and easier to user.

What do you dislike?

The price for yearly domain name registration is no longer competitive with other services that exist on the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider some other options for better pricing

Domain name registration. The service is reliable, I have not had any issues with downtime.

1&1 review by <span>Anna W.</span>
Anna W.

"Pretty neat web hosting"

What do you like best?

It has an easy to use dashboard with many options, it's fast and realiable, you can pre-install many software in your server, it has multilanguage support, easy to do bussiness.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have many services like SaaS containers or new tech stack, website design creator it's ugly and doesn't provide a professional look.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options in market for specialized things that has a better coverage in new technologies and development enviroments.

Simple website hosting for my clients, it's cheap and fast.

1&1 review by <span>Melissa M.</span>
Melissa M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Easy to manage accounts. Most users can manage the basics without technical support.

What do you dislike?

The email security configuration can be a bit confusing for users. The options should provide the user with a description so easy decisions can be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider using if you are a small company without an IT staff.

Users needed an email domain and ability to manage with limited IT knowledge. Realized that the above average person can easily do things such as manage accounts, change passwords and so on. This proves cost effective for a start up company.

1&1 review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"worst support ever "

What do you like best?

page load speed.............................................

What do you dislike?

support : it`s a big joke , 24/7 support really ? it`s just operators who never do anything , they only open you a ticket which they never reply back to a ticket and never solve a problem.

managed servers configuration , they force you for only one fixed configuration no any choices.

pre installed apps in managed servers

over selling customer service can help you in nothing except selling you services that you don`t need they are too friendly until you but then they barely handle any problem facing you

not recommended at all

servers down , not accessible , horrible support

1&1 review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

"Reliable self-service web hosting with a variety of packages"

What do you like best?

I started using 1&1 in 2004 when they offered a free package through Wired magazine. I later converted this to a paid Professional subscription managed my domains and a simple website.

The thing I quickly noticed about 1&1 is that they support a self-service model, which lets me manage my services through automated online tools without having to actually wait for a human to perform a task. This lets me get in, do the task, and then get out quickly.

What do you dislike?

The configuration screens can be a little confusing and are regularly updated, but sometimes the help documentation can lag a bit the actual service. The documentation actually consists of many small articles rather than one large guide, so it can be a bit hard to find information at times.

One thing that caught me was their "included domains". It turns out that I was given "5 included domains", but I was unable to delete one and then get another for free. So, read the terms & conditions carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate the different packages and pick one that best suits your needs. Packages are updated over time, but are typically grandfathered so you won't necessarily be forced to move to a new one.

1&1 review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Perfect Domain and Hosting Company Ever!!"

What do you like best?

Are You looking for domains name registration? and web hosting as well? your search is over!!! 1&1 are the solution for your answers, Cheap domain name from $00-0.99 and one-month free hosting on trial!! quick customer service.

What do you dislike?

At first, I didn't understand the billing system, but when I was notified that my domain was registered successfully, maybe they should improve on billing system, where you get service pay as you go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All that I can say is, They should give a try, they will never regret anything, they will enjoy and be certified!! Because with 1&1, certification guaranteed!!

Business solving, i always look for cheap domain names and cheap hosting, now i was able to save a lot on my service with 1&1

1&1 review by <span>Hans D.</span>
Hans D.

"Domains as loss leader"

What do you like best?

1&1 is a budget domain registrar that provides amazingly cheap hosting without the use of coupons and has a relatively easy to use DNS/domain management system.

What do you dislike?

With low domain costs comes limited-time deals, constant barrages of hosting deals, and other advertisements that detract away from the cost effective service they provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read all the fine print before registering a domain with them to make sure you can easily transfer the domain to another registrar and that the cost won't go up the following year automatically.

Purely domain registration where a customer puts cost above everything else. 1&1 is a solid performer for this service.

1&1 review by <span>Rob L.</span>
Rob L.

"Not terrible"

What do you like best?

They have low cost, reasonably reliable hosting.

What do you dislike?

The administration area is slow and hard to use, and security is a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would probably choose a different host.

I've used 1& 1 for domain registration and hosting. I currently host only a few small sites, and host sites that need greater reliability elsewhere.

1&1 review by User in Internet

"Great for being a registrar but can rip you off on other services"

What do you like best?

I love how affordable and easy it is to buy a domain.

What do you dislike?

They call you and harass you to buy other products and you try to tell them no but some how they almost force you to sign up and cancel on your own time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quit harassing your customers when they purchase a domain. maybe improve your experience with your other offerings before harassing them to buy it. Also do tutorials and demos on how to use it.

Buying a domain and having them as a registrar

1&1 review by <span>David G.</span>
David G.

"Simple to use, cheap and good service"

What do you like best?

A simple and affordable hosting service. Purchasing domains is easy with good support provided throughout.

What do you dislike?

A lot of follow up up-selling. You can unsubscribe, but a bit annoying.

Set up domain and hosting for my Wordpress site very quickly and easily. A smooth process.

1&1 review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Mediocre Service."

What do you like best?

It was fairly easy to get set up, and pricing was good. Beyond that, I don't have many great things to say.

What do you dislike?

Following set-up the quality of use was very subpar. DNS management was poor, multiple users was poor, and time to market was mediocre.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere. There are far better services out there if you're looking for a good product with the ease of use and features. If you just want a cheap price, this works.

1&1 review by <span>Alan J.</span>
Alan J.

"Disappointing product and customer experience"

What do you like best?

The price that 1&1 charge for domain purchase is very competitive.

What do you dislike?

I do not feel that that 1&1 offer good value for money. Their services are priced at a premium and do not live up to the company's brand promise.

My customer experience with 1&1 has been very poor. I'd rank it alongside that of low cost B2C service providers such as telcos, utility providers, etc. Access to support has been very slow, the company's systems are inadequate and I've found my dealings with 1&1 very frustrating. Little things like slow call pick ups, failure to transfer customer ID between colleagues and unresponsive IVRs grate after a while.

I've also found the services provided by 1&1 to be lacking. Three examples are:

1&1's hosted MS Outlook solution processes emails very slowly. We've often waited hours for an inbound email to show up in our inboxes. Many never arrive. No such issues with Google at Work apps.

Domain hosting is very restricted. There is no possibility for TXT and SPF verification unless taking a dedicated server package, so you'll have trouble with Office 365 and other email services that support sender verification. Microsoft actually recommend you transfer your domain to another provider if you don't get TXT and SPF support. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/office365-suite-help/create-dns-records-at-1and1-internet-for-office-365-HA103106443.aspx

I also used the company's CMS to quickly build a website for personal matters and also found this to be very restrictive in functionality compared with other solutions I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around the market.

1&1 review by <span>Nik W.</span>
Nik W.

"Inexpensive and easy"

What do you like best?

An easy and affordable hosting service that makes purchasing domains simple and effective.

What do you dislike?

As 1&1 became more popular, their prices went up. Not out of the ordinary but more than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good hosting solution. Compare pricing before purchasing. Reliability is very high.

Hosing of a small website. We were able to quickly and efficiently setup our host and are able to manage all the features we need to.

1&1 review by <span>Anthony E.</span>
Anthony E.

"Bad experience, would look elsewhere, quick to pass the buck."

What do you like best?

The price isn't bad, the uptime is pretty good and they can cater for your specific needs as a business, whether you are a small one man band or a big corporate. I've seen improvements in their solution, if only their service was as good as there relentless advertising.

What do you dislike?

I have used this company in two different jobs now, but each time I eventually had to migrate those companies onto another service. We found support very frustrating and responses were not sufficient to fit the needs of a business that email and internet support were so critical.

Exchange email services we encountered were often slow and emails were taking around 30 minutes to download to our clients. Denial of the issue by support inevitably lead to us terminating our contracts. I could understand if this issue was only in one of our offices but to be consistent problems for staff in different regions of the world, surely proved the issue to be there own.

1&1 review by <span>JT M.</span>
JT M.

"Great web hosting at reasonable prices"

What do you like best?

Reasonable prices, usable features that are not priced a la carte

What do you dislike?

Email marketing from the company seems like bad MLM marketing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company If you are looking for hosting/domain registration services at a reasonable price with decent support.

Needed web host for new business venture.

1&1 review by <span>graciela a.</span>
graciela a.

"Simple tool for domain register"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use. You can pay with Paypal, and the offers are very good.

What do you dislike?

The hosting plan is super expensive. Is not competitive at all. Besides, the platform is not intuitive. Cpanel is confusing.

Domain registration

1&1 review by Administrator in Public Relations and Communications
Administrator in Public Relations and Communications

"Decent hosting for novices, but lacks some nuances that experts might expect."

What do you like best?

The pricing is very competitive to start, and I've never had any outages with 1&1 service. (Knock on wood.) I use it for several of my personal and side project websites, and it does the job for now. Thankfully, I haven't really had a need to get in contact with their customer service team too often. (Even though it has gotten better.)

Most of my sites are WordPress based, and 1&1 also does a great job keeping up with the update requirements, etc.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is good to start, but every now and then I see the occasional charge for something I didn't know about. (1&1 seems to be an expert in hidden charges!) They're not much, but they might add up for first-time website owners.

The web interface is a bit clunky too, but it gets the job done.

Finally, the customer service isn't great, but it has definitely gotten a bit better over the last several years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good for personal website use, but you'll probably end up with someone else for bigger implementations.

1&1 review by <span>Laura  R.</span>
Laura R.

"The best domains offers"

What do you like best?

Price of the domains in registration is great!. The DNS management is also very easy of using.

What do you dislike?

They send too much spam emails! The hosting is weigh too expensive.

Domains registration

1&1 review by User in Design
User in Design

"Cheep, good but to many ads"

What do you like best?

The price is the best in the market for domain registration.

What do you dislike?

To much ads and spam in my email to join the team

Domain registration

1&1 review by <span>Winston K.</span>
Winston K.

"Reliable, great service, but short on customizability"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set up an account and get started using email and web hosting plans. Prices are very reasonable.

What do you dislike?

When I wanted to use more advanced, cutting edge technology they did not have such features available. I had to switch to Heroku to use Ruby on Rails. They were also short on customization features for the domain names - i.e. I couldn't create a wide variety of records to configure my hosting on one server and email and anti-spam keys on another. Their control panels are also confusing because they are arranged to sell you more services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great option for doing a simple website and certain kinds of hosting, but may or may not be for you depending on what technologies you want.

1&1 review by <span>Greg M.</span>
Greg M.

"Low cost. But you get what you pay for."

What do you like best?

Shared web hosting is priced very low. Offers both Linux and Windows-based hosting, which is nice as many web hosts don't offer both.

What do you dislike?

Sites had a fair number of outages. Customer support was abysmal... tickets were passed around the company like hot potatoes. Also encountered billing issues which were equally difficult to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are much better companies out there for shared web hosting. Look to someone like HostGator instead. I have not rented dedicated or virtual servers from them, so cannot speak to that side of the operation, but steer well clear for shared hosting.

1&1 review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Not my registrar of choice but great support"

What do you like best?

I don't use 1 and 1 as my domain registrar of choice but have worked with a lot on domain transfers. There support has been great fast and courteous every time I have called them. You can tell a lot about a company with how they treat you when you leave. If I wasn't so vested in another registrar they would be my next choice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give them a try

1&1 review by <span>Jared T.</span>
Jared T.

"Better UX for almost same price as GoDaddy has nice features for creating a site if your not a techy"

What do you like best?

Offers lots of one click installs, very affordable, a much better user interface compared to the leading web hosting service, GoDaddy

What do you dislike?

Customer service is slow, documentation can be lacking. It's still cheap hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than goDaddy for cheap hosting

1&1 review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent Hosting Provider"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup, and full environment customization. With 1 & 1 you will get a virtual machine that allows you full control of all environmental variables, which I have yet to find a competitor who does this.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is only competitive up front, down the road it goes up, but not majorly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you look into 1&1, they have all the features most people will ever need.

Learning about 1&1?

* We monitor all 1&1 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.