1&1

1&1 provides support as an expert in e-business and web hosting. Whatever your needs are for online success, we offer the right solution!

Work for 1&1?

Learning about 1&1?

1&1 Reviews

Showing 46 1&1 reviews
1&1 review by <span>martin l.</span>
martin l.

Best Hosting For New Bloggers

What do you like best?

1&1 is on the more affordable end of web hosting.They only charge me around 12$ approx for 1 year hosting including .com domain name and they also offers many good services like for free like SSL protection.

What do you dislike?

They never asked you before charging for the trail service.It pissed me off when they offer me free mail spam protection trail period i thought they would asked me before charging me but it auto renewed and balance has been deducted from my paypal account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not among those who are good at exploring their own coding, then 1&1 is best suited for you as they even have an option for setting up all things for you so you just have to sit back and they can do all things for you. Even they have a very supportive team, which will help you anytime you want, but beware of their charges as they never asked you before charging from your PayPal so it's best if you contact their support team and tell them to cancel all the auto renewal trail offers.So it will not be charged from your bank and one more thing the cheap price they are offering looking good only for the first year after that every single service is at very high prices.

1and1 does not provide CPanel which is the bare minimum required to handle Word Press and do basic web support.They have there own CPanel which is way to complicated for new bloggers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 1&1
1&1 review by <span>Rebecca L.</span>
Rebecca L.

Great for hosting my Wordpress site

What do you like best?

I love how easy the hosting is. I signed up for auto updates because I don't have time to deal with that, so it updates my site automatically every time wordpress has an update. So far, the 1&1 portal has been easy to navigate and find what I need.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything that I dislike about this hosting company, so far. I have been using them for a few months and have been happy with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best price I could find for hosting a wordpress site. You can pay $2.99 a month for a managed wordpress site, which will update your site when wordpress somes out with updates. If you have the time to do that yourself, then you don't need to buy the managed wordpress one. I'm lazy so I bought it.

I own a photography business so having a website is pretty important. I knew I wanted to use Wordpress.org because of the great SEO, but I didn't want to spend too much on hosting. After reading a ton of articles comparing different hosting options, I went with 1&1 because they had everything I needed and their price was super reasonable. The free portfolio website I used to have with Adobe Portfolio was not great in the SEO department, and I needed better SEO. I also couldn't customize it the way I wanted to. Wordpress is fully customizable and has the best SEO.

What Website Hosting solution do you use?

1&1 review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

Great if you can get an offer/deal

What do you like best?

1&1 Website Builder Plus is a good platform to build a website. Easy to set up, Easy to set up emails and good analytics giving you a basic overview.

Easy to add images and logo's etc.

What do you dislike?

It has a slightly steep learning curve, also if you start a site and then want to apply another design, you have to delete the original site and start again from scratch.

I really think they need to find a way to apply templates without losing content you've uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you start adding content, I would recommend reviewing the templates carefully. This will save the need for repeatedly adding content to the site everytime you change the template.

Make sure you get a deal, otherwise this can be an expensive option for your site.

No need for the expense of an external designer, this saved the business money.

1&1 review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

Was the best place to purchase domains

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to purchase a domain for my design portfolio site (being reworked) at a reasonable price, along with knowing what I was actually purchasing (privacy, iccan fee, etc). The auto-renew feature has saved me tons.

What do you dislike?

I hate that I am sent an invoice with a certain date via email to find out it is more of a "ballpark" date to be charged. I am used to either being charged automatically or if there is an issue having my real bill date and paying instantly by card, PayPal, etc. The whole billing part is a downside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As far as domains go, give it a shot. Just be aware of billing and invoices.

I am able to purchase a domain to help with my design site for my clients and personal projects. You have to have your presence online to reach more clients and other amazing people to work with beyond your location.

1&1 review by Administrator

Most secured hosting I ever used

What do you like best?

The best facility is that of ‘Auto-renew’, it helps in saving time. Moreover they have managed to provide nearly all services within just few clicks. Their easy setup is just amazing to choose.

What do you dislike?

As the cPanel is missing there are certain complications that arises but they were all solved with their customer support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using their services from last year. It's quite great till now. They have helped me create a great website with their proper updates!

Their auto renew system for the website portals helps me receive the latest updates and versions of WordPress, which ultimately helps in achieving better traffic. I think their services are offered at quite an average rate. Their technical support and customer support team makes sure to run things smoothly and in proper pace for me. They are quite efficient in maintaining website services with their auto renewal packages.

1&1 is also providing special built in security feature which helps in protecting data exchanges from my website to any other user. I tested the services with their one month trial plan, they are offering great service at a very affordable rate.

Always facing issue with SSL installation but they fixed it quick

1&1 review by User

Behind the times for small business needs

What do you like best?

It's fairly straightforward and easy to use, pricing is on the lower end and support call waiting wasn't long at all. Customer reps were super kind and talked through things with me.

What do you dislike?

When they updated their site basic package, they didn't update people on the old basic package, making their site obsolete in regards to upgrading things. I would have to re-up my plan and pay more for the same package but with new upgrades. This means I'd have to redesign my blog and re-implement elements into the site. After calling in, I asked what the new features were, and they were features that weren't very new to website building at all, but they wanted more money for them. One example was categories for blog posts. There was no way to categorize or search for blog posts on their site, meaning people had to scroll and scroll and scroll to see past posts.

The overall interface was clunky at best and didn't provide modern design elements such as wix or squarespace, which are cheaper in price at that. Sometimes elements would glitch when moving them and it took me twice as long to design a site compared to doing one on Wix. Overall good for basic use and features, but if you want to look professional at all, I'd recommend another web builder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's behind the curve, so I'd go with someone ahead of the game that meets your needs.

We no longer use their web service and use them to host our website (probably going to move that too just to have in same place at cheaper rate) and our emailing needs. Their mailbox rates are very well priced and has all the essential features you need from a mailbox.

Learning about 1&1?

* We monitor all 1&1 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.