10,000ft Plans

10,000ft Plans is a high-level planning tool that gives you the big picture your business, teams, and projects.

Work for 10,000ft Plans?

Learning about 10,000ft Plans?

10,000ft Plans Reviews

Ask 10,000ft Plans a Question
Showing 16 10,000ft Plans reviews
10,000ft Plans review by Kaziah H.
Kaziah H.

"Absolutely love!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can think and plan strategically! It makes running a business so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was a little more easy to collaborate and more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you check it out! 10K plans has some great features that will definitely make your life easier! To be able to leverage it makes it so my operations and strategy are streamlined, and I feel confident in what 10K plans does for me, that I do not need to worry about it functioning properly. It is the best decision I have made for my business when it comes to administrative, strategic, or operational needs!

I am solving the needs I have to both handle the operations and strategy that my business requires. I have realized benefits from leveraging 10K plans because it is a HUGE time saver.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 10,000ft Plans
10,000ft Plans review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"No other scheduling system competes!"

What do you like best?

Working in professional services, I've found it extremely difficult to find a software that give me the overall, company overview of all projects, and phases of the project, as 10,000ft does. A Gantt chart just doesn't provide the insight that I need when I look at the schedule. 10,000ft's layout and view is unparalleled!

What do you dislike?

I worry that 10,000ft's view won't be able to scale too much more with our company. It's beginning to get difficult to scroll up and down a page with 40+ people to understand all availability and best fits at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

10,000ft seems to have switched their focus from improving 10,000 Plans to 10,000 Insight, which is a worry for me. If they worked on making 10,000 Plans more scalable, for larger/growing companies, we would leave but now we have to begin looking for a replacement, which has been and will continue to be a challenge. :/

Everyone on the team has clear insight into all projects. Not only the specific phase of a project they're assigned, but everyone else who is work on other various components of the project. This enables collaboration, saves time going back and forth about who's responsible for what, timelines, etc.

What Project Management solution do you use?

10,000ft Plans review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

10000 ft has helped us deal with the scaling up of the company, and move from manual spreadsheets to an actual system.

We like the fact that we can customize the tool with API's, and it's very visual.

What do you dislike?

There are some things that are not editable, which we'd like to use differently (permissions, notes)

Also would be very useful to be able to invoice from the tool; at the moment we wrote an API to send the billing info to our accounting system.

It give us a good idea where all our consultants are working, and for what duration. Good financial information at a glance, and financial tracking.

We now have project info + timesheets + financial info in the same place

10,000ft Plans review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"One of the better time-tracking systems I've been forced to use"

What do you like best?

The overall end-user UX is pretty good. It's simple, clean, and more or less straightforward, while also being surprisingly flexible.

What do you dislike?

Aside from being forced to do time-tracking (which isn't 10K's problem), I'd say the biggest issue is know what you're supposed to do. There's a lot of hidden functionality, buttons that don't look like buttons, links that don't look like links, etc. At the expense of making their UI clean, they've taken simple things and made them complex by hiding or masking them. There's a LOT of power under the hood, but they've hidden it all under a sometimes complex maze of menus. Once you've discovered them by playing around or had someone show you, it makes sense, but it's generally not easily discoverable. I imagine computer novices would struggle with this platform a great deal without some training or a quick tutorial by one in the know. That said, it's still pretty great once you get over the learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got to force people to track their hours, you could do much worse than 10K' (I'm looking at you QuickBooks Online Edition - yuck).

As a consultancy, billing is everything, so it's incredibly important that we track our billable hours daily to ensure we're not giving away our labor, getting paid correctly for work done, and not over-billing. 10K' makes that pretty darn simple. I just leave the browser tab open all day and track things as they get done, and make a final pass at the end of the day.

The overseers who admin the system have a LOT of flexibility in setting up the system to do exactly what they want which is pretty cool. As an end-user I don't see that side of it, but they seem to enjoy it. They set up pre-alloted hours so we know how much we can/can't work for a given client, while also ensuring we meet our target billable hours. They add/remove/lock projects to ensure we're all billing the right hours to the right SoWs. It's all pretty well laid out feature-wise IMHO.

10,000ft Plans review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for getting small teams organized"

What do you like best?

I'm a relatively new user of this software and so far it's been great for managing projects, especially those with strict budgets. It's very easy to learn and use every day. It's very customizable, so we're able to make it our own instead of trying to make it work for our agency. You can build projects down to the tasks and assign people over time so we're able to get a great look at capacity. Plus you can make it look nice with your profile image and project / client image covers.

What do you dislike?

Lots of functionality, almost too much and it doesn't sync with other programs like Slack and Outlook, so I have to remind myself to make sure I check it consistently and update it in real time. It's less friendly for 'doers' and way more friendly and powerful for project managers and those controlling budgets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for smaller teams in my opinion. Be okay with still having to use other systems for expenses, file management and instant messaging.

Get high-level visibility of the profitability of our agency. We used to use Harvest and it wouldn't allow for us to watch the budget of the project in real-time and manage the capacity of the team.

10,000ft Plans review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great tool for team and project management!"

What do you like best?

This helps me and my team stay organized both from a talent/people perspective of who is working on what - and also from a budget perspective.

What do you dislike?

There is no mobile app - you have to use this on your desktop or laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a medium to large sized consulting business - definitely consider this software. I'm not sure how much it costs (I don't handle procurement side of things at my business), but it is definitely a game-changer for how we can plan, align, and visually see our bandwidth and capacity on one platform.

10,000 feet also allows you to input overall project budgets and track expenses to make sure you are staying on track. Highly recommended!

I work in consulting where we have many, many team members rolling on and off projects at various times.

10,000ft Plans review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great tool for reporting and forecasting"

What do you like best?

In addition to the scheduling features, I personally utilize the Analytics 10,000ft Plans extensively and really appreciate the robust set reporting features that the system offers. 10K has made a lot of efforts in the last few months to boost the performance of the system which is really appreciated when working with a larger and growing company. Not having to spend a lot of time waiting for thins to load really helps.

What do you dislike?

One very small aspect of the UX that could be hidden or gotten rid of entirely is the ability to delete overlapping assignments. Too often people are piecing back together schedules when someone clicks the button as it is very easy to hit when working with the more advanced functionality in the scheduling interface. It would also be great if schedule adjustments happened in real time so everyone coordinating on scheduling doesn't have to refresh their browser when an adjustment is made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

10,000ft Plans has fantastic set of features as well as top-notch and responsive support! Every time I have an issue or a request I receive a response within a few hours and a resolution usually within a day!

We can forecast, plan, and track the progress of all of projects and maximize our team's time and potential.

10,000ft Plans review by Brielle M.
Brielle M.

"Great for managing team work load"

What do you like best?

I thought the product gave the Project Managers and the team a good overview of the projects they should be dedicated to everyone could understand how much time was allocated to each client.

What do you dislike?

We still needed extra explanation for priority of projects that'd have to be communicated. Some of the UI elements seemed clunky, I'd have to start over because I would be viewing by person and need to switch to team. Navigating between views was not always easy.

How to manage project allocation and sales for the current teams. Is everybody busy or do people have capacity for more work?

10,000ft Plans review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"Very useful resource management tool. "

What do you like best?

Really quick and easy to allocate and change resourcing across the studio. Can set up saved view for different teams etc.

What do you dislike?

Colour codes could be better for a colourblind user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for those looking to manage resources across a number of projects within a studio.

Resource management

10,000ft Plans review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Enjoying logging my hours"

What do you like best?

It's been great to glean insight on how I've been spending my time. I like to update my hours daily, but other teammates just let our PM take care of it and don't go in here.

What do you dislike?

There's a big lack of color - everything is blue (clients, vs. internal projects are purple) - would like more customization choices here.

Utilization - who has bandwidth, and switching around ownership accordingly.

10,000ft Plans review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Needs to be cleaned up"

What do you like best?

It was a very good tool for simple tasks. Interface was cleanish.

What do you dislike?

It did not work well with certain browsers and would not save if i was using Safari. I am on a mac and it seemed to work well on Chrome but looks like it was meant for a PC environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this tool for a company that is looking for a simple tool with minimal tasks. We had multiple tasks per project and if you weren't on a PC it did not always work correctly. Tended to be very frustrating. I had to go in and fill things out multiple times.

We were looking for a tool to track times for projects and this tool did that.

10,000ft Plans review by User

"Time management issues resolved"

What do you like best?

All team players can see both their responsibilities and their team members'.

All team members can see an overall picture of where they are in the project, including the budget.

What do you dislike?

I keep two browser windows open at all times because individual tasks within one project dont show up on my daily schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

low learning curve :)

Time scheduling and time keeping for medium sized teams.

10,000ft Plans review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great for managing expenses, time and schedules"

What do you like best?

I like how as an organisation we are able to address our expenditure in our efforts towards a product.

What do you dislike?

All the things I disliked are being addressed and rolled out as we learn and grow on the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All recommendations we have discussed with them are currently being rolled out

Determining hours against actual budgets.

10,000ft Plans review by Administrator

"Great all-round tool"

What do you like best?

We get a very clear overview of what's happening in our agency.

What do you dislike?

Notification emails about a comment on a task don't link to that task, but show the entire project task list.

We've managed to work smarter and more efficiently by monitoring the live budget projections.

10,000ft Plans review by G2 Crowd User in Information Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Services

"Great UX"

What do you like best?

Our team enjoys the easy UX & time tracking.

What do you dislike?

It is somewhat unintuitive to assign hours to specific tasks.

Having an understanding of our team's capacity in an instant is invaluable.

10,000ft Plans review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Useful Tool That Will Only Improve"

What do you like best?

The ability to have team resourcing at a glance

What do you dislike?

Time entry is clunky, as well as the ability to assign tasks.

Looking for a solution that combines Task Management, Capacity Planning and Time Tracking.

Learning about 10,000ft Plans?

* We monitor all 10,000ft Plans reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.