15Five Continuous Performance Management

15Five Continuous Performance Management

(1,069 reviews)

15Five Continuous Performance Management is a performance management solution that combines employee feedback, pulse surveys, peer recognition and OKR tracking in a lightweight weekly check-in.

Work for 15Five Continuous Performance Management?

Learning about 15Five?

15Five Continuous Performance Management Reviews

Ask 15Five a Question
Showing 1,068 15Five reviews
15Five review by Travis W.
Travis W.

"Incredible Tool For Team Performance"

What do you like best?

15Five not only keeps a team productive by setting and tracking goals, it also makes a team more productive by insuring that all team members are heard. 15Five facilitates a culture of growth and encouragement. They're "High Five" feature allows for coworkers to give one another shout outs which boost morale!

Looking back on the dozens of weeks of reviews I have I'm able to see what direction I'm going as an employee and talk to my manager about where I'd like to go. We can create a career vision inside 15Five and use that as fuel to make the best outcome possible.

15Five allows for touchy subjects to be brought up immediately, rather than waiting potentially weeks or months until a formal review. The const pulse that 15Five adds is the greatest feature in my opinion. I absolutely cannot state enough how amazing it is to be heard every week.

What do you dislike?

15Five is incredible, but it could grow by adding more data visualization and make correlations between various data points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

15Five immediately improved morale and production. When you start using the software be sure there is a lot of weekly back in forth between managers and employees. Encourage the high five feature and make sure leads respond to their team's feedback.

I've personally noticed that certain events make me unhappy in the workplace. My manager has noticed these trends and changed things around to make me happier. Furthermore I've noticed that writing down goals makes it much more likely to accomplish those goals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 15Five Continuous Performance Management
15Five review by Hesborn N.
Hesborn N.

"Consistent and reliable evaluation criteria"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy and simple to use. The evaluation criteria straightforward and the questions are not necessarily complex. I love the fact that I own what I say concerning what I feel and what I need to do to improve my productivity. I have also been motivated to more focused and be flexible enough in my work. I also believe the evaluation can be used even by school going children. It is definitely a well thought-out product

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have negative feedback to 15Five thus far. If anything, I would love the evaluations be sent to me at least every two months. Having utilized the system for the last three months, I have nothing but a positive appraisal for it. Maybe with time, I would be able to point out some aspects that I might dislike about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will be able to give this suggestion in the next survey

It has helped me set my goals regarding my efficiency and effective communication. I have been able to realize the importance of teamwork and being mindful on the needs of other members of my team. When I started using 15Five, the biggest challenge that I was facing was how to align my working style with that of my team, and I communicated this intention on what I intended to accomplish part. And so personally, that was the business problem that I wanted to solve

What Performance Management solution do you use?

15Five review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Easy and effective "

What do you like best?

This solution allows managers to keep you in the loop with what they expect from you, or what they appreciate about you. It also allows you to have a heads up about what will be talked about in your next 1 on 1 meeting. It doesn't have too many bells and whistles and makes it easy to give manager feedback as well as place your concerns for your manager to address and keep in mind until your meeting

What do you dislike?

It is easy to get drawn out by having too much communication through the site instead of saying things in person because it keeps the interaction free from personal touch and makes it easy to forget your place by typing way too much without the human factor of hearing it come from your mouth. It can be tedious to keep up with the updates from your manager if they are the type to keep hitting you up over and over with updates and goals before the next meeting

I have realized the importance of constant communication and clear written intent and expectations. This makes it easy to achieve that.

15Five review by D. Aaron S.
D. Aaron S.

"15five automates management away from needless failure"

What do you like best?

My experience with 15five has been nearly all upside. It takes all of my workaday tasks as a manager (goal setting; clearing process roadblocks; digging into performance challenges) and puts them under one roof, so to speak. I no longer need to use Evernote, Email, and a host of other communication and note-taking media to kludge together my own solution.

What do you dislike?

15five has a moderate learning curve, and some of its most powerful features (for example the ability to move employee or manager comments to 1-on-1 agendas or lists of wins and challenges) are not very well-publicized within the workflow. Once you get over the learning curve, though, it's a very powerful and useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with customer success team to ensure all your trial users are using all of the most powerful features of the product! Many during our trial period questioned the value based on a surface-level engagement with the feature set.

Thanks to using 15five, I spend less time on each report with no loss in the fidelity of information exchange, and given that my reports are proactively preparing for and setting the agenda for their own 1-on-1 meetings they are subsequently more likely to feel engaged in the process. We're using 15five for allowing employees to give recognition and feedback to one another as well as set long- and short-term career growth goals. As we implement the inbuilt OKR-tracking, I think we'll see improved alignment from top to bottom.

15Five review by Nina S.
Nina S.

"Easy and efficient"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy way of communication, planning and feedback for any size of the company. It allows you to track the most important guidance and alignments and not loosing it in a bulk messaging process.

What do you dislike?

If you miss to submit your weekly report on target day and do it 1 day later you'll lose the whole week of communication :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an action plan keeper - this is not your product. If you want to unite the team around common goals, improve team strategic thinking skills, teach the team to plan, do, adjust and communicate their plans, successes and challenges - go for it! This is a great tool that keeps you focused on the most important things. At the same time it allows you to adjust you plans appropriately, keeping track of all the changes.

Managing remote colleagues, making sure that all team is looking to the same direction. You can see who is really working towards the plan and who is putting the same task from week to week. Short and mid-term performance management became way more transparent.

15Five review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Awesome tool for making Job Performance an ongoing conversation"

What do you like best?

I love that 15Five makes it easy for employers and employees to have an ongoing conversation about Job Performance. It is also so much more than that! As an employee, I feel heard, and appreciate that my supervisor is taking the time to check in with me regularly. It helps me to stay on track, and be reminded of what my goals are, and gives my supervisor a chance to give regular feedback. I have worked other places where there was nothing like this in place, and people were frustrated with the lack of feedback. I think these conversations can be difficult for managers to handle, and I love how easy 15Five makes it.

What do you dislike?

As an employee, my only complaint is that the questions sometimes take me a while to answer (some of them are very thought-provoking). When I have a lot on my list, this can seem like just another task that I need to get done. However, I know that it is to my benefit and to the benefit of the organization I work for.

The benefits of 15Five are numerous. Employees are given the opportunity to regularly share their goals and let their manager in on what's going well, and what may not be going so well. More than that, it gives managers the opportunity to offer help or direction in areas needed. I believe this is a huge morale-booster and allows employees to feel heard and valued while making it easier for managers to stay engaged with their employees.

15Five review by Andrew E.
Andrew E.

"Career guide - 15five"

What do you like best?

I've been employed for more than a decade now. Worked with various company and it's my first time using 15five. It's an amazing tool that guides me with my career, reminds me of my goal and makes me oriented on the job that I need to accomplish on a weekly basis. I've been employed with Hearsay for three months and it really is handy for my JOB.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge that I can site is that. Given that I am new to the company, it's my first time to use 15five. No one on board me on how to use it and I have no formal training to maximize its function. It's just lately that my supervisor updated the 1to1 field and I get to realize that she needs to acknowledge my points and provide coaching points for me. I'm not sure on how this works, but I think it would be best to have a trainer conduct the how-tos of the product especially for big clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool that helps your employees focus on their goals and identify their own areas for improvement! a wonderful coaching tool and a way to commend your fellow employee.

In my case, I'm an entry-level employee for Hearsay and the business problems that we are focusing on is more on my personal goals and improving my own AFI's. The benefits that I realized is that, I can apply the S M A R T (short, measurable, attainable, realistic and timebound) approach in targeting my goals given that 15five would require me to update on a weekly basis.

15Five review by Jacob U.
Jacob U.

"Team Overview without the "Overview""

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the fact that I can set the pace for feedback for my team without constantly having to check-in. 15Five provides self-paced reflection for my team, giving them the opportunity to reflect on the successes and troubles they have had all week. While giving me, their manager, the chance to reflect on a course of action to best help them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that 15Five does not broadcast the "High-fives" members usually give to people outside of their organisation. One way I think 15Five can solve for this problem is by providing a social media / LinkedIn integrator where users can publicly opt to display their "High Fives" (received and given).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use if you are focusing on management from a perspective of empowering and ensuring that those who report to you feel as empowered as they are to solve the problems they face as well as giving them a natural 5 minutes a week to sit down and reflect on the workload from the past week. Not only can I do that with this product, but in many cases this product has given my team the ability to give me insights into situations I mat not be aware of.

The business problem I am solving with 15Five is the need we have as upper management to monitor the progress and problems of our consultants while giving them the ability to remain completely autonomous in their work.

15Five review by Shathyan R.
Shathyan R.

"Best Performance Management Tool for Startups"

What do you like best?

Best tool to understand the Goals, Objective of each department and their team members, So on a whole everyone works towards the growth of the company. It helps us to define our weekly Task which we did and also plan for the next week based on the result for last week goals.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. It helps us to do Self Review on each OKR, but I feel those questions should be more specifically related to the work what we do and not generalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have a plan - task & objective towards a goal, then its the right tool to manage your performance at each level.

As a Business everyone needs to work together irrespective of the different departments. So here we know what everyone person in our company and does and how well it is aligned towards the overall goal of the company. its helps us to stay informed on our performance and objectives which needs to be obtained.

15Five review by Neil J.
Neil J.

"15Five is great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

15Five allows me and my supervisor to be on the same page. It's easy to use, provides me with thought-provoking questions, and helps my supervisor to understand me better. I can write things that I wouldn't have time to say otherwise, and feel safe to be honest. It also features 1-on-1s, where I can come prepared with talking points to keep our meetings efficient and well-spent.

What do you dislike?

At times, some of the weekly questions can be difficult to try and answer. The High Five feature seems generic at times, too. Lastly, we haven't gotten into the Objectives piece yet, but some of our staff have had problems understanding the format and how they are supposed to be submitted. It'd be nice to have a handy example of such.

Rather than being disconnected, 15Five has allowed my supervisor and I to be in touch with one another on a weekly basis - something that we don't always have time for in-person. It helps us to have mutual understanding, where I can ask questions, share challenges, and receive feedback anywhere at any time. One of the biggest benefits I've found is that since using it, I'm constantly thinking of the questions throughout the week. This, in turn, helps us to fill in gaps and solve problems that may have otherwise been forgotten about or overlooked.

15Five review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Comprehensive Performance Management Program "

What do you like best?

The ability to comment privately or publicly is something that I appreciate as there are some things that I only want to say to my manager and wouldn't want others to see. I also love checking goals off my list each week.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be really nice if we could give high fives all throughout the week rather than just in our final reviews for the week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think 15Five makes it really easy to keep up with the goals that you've set for yourself and completed throughout the year. Since all 1-on-1's and answers to questions are easily accessible, you can revisit to remind yourself of what you talked about when it comes to Performance Review time. It's a great program and seems very customizable on the admin end as well.

It definitely helps me set measurable business goals and reminds me to work on them.

15Five review by Gamelzar C.
Gamelzar C.

"Unique way to interact with employees and the employer"

What do you like best?

I like the High Fives. It gives a rewarding feeling like you've done something great for the company, very cool. I also like the 1 on 1s; very unique approach in updating or tackling one's task or priorities for the company. The ease of navigation to each of the sections in this program.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see any part of this platform that made me dislike any features. The High Fives alone makes this platform very likable in all aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very unique platform to bridge the gap between the employees and the employer. If you are looking for a cool way to address someone's achievement or just make someone happy because of their positive impact on your company.

It gives an overall update of where is the employee in regards to his/her task

15Five review by Nathaniel R.
Nathaniel R.

"Still the best tool I have used for coaching and development feedback"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily send over any feedback, questions or concerns to my manager. They have a chance to review and respond. Makes the talk track for our one on ones so much smoother and relevant to what is impacting me.

The ability to recognize my peers is extremely helpful. Rotating questions is a good way to ensure the feedback and answers given are relevant.

For the most part, the interface is easy to use and pleasant on the eyes. The performance of the site itself is on par with high-end sites.

It has been easy to adopt the tool and using it creates a natural flow to coaching and feedback conversations. The ability to keep a record of completed tasks is helpful for performance reviews and for your own personal development. The manager notes are a good addition as well.

What do you dislike?

Required questions are not easily identifiable. There is no customization for your page or personalization. The options for group feedback as a team would be good or even creating groups to be able to recognize entire teams easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

continue to use even if it feels forced at first. establish the habit

Communication and feedback. Stagnant career development paths. When getting a new supervisor this is a great way to break the ice in an efficient manner.

I have been able to use 15Five to communicate with senior manager and establish new relationships that would have been otherwise difficult to realize.

15Five review by Jathan D.
Jathan D.

"This is an amazing tool to improve communication between your team members, peers, and organization."

What do you like best?

I like the goals checklist of things and how things move over from your Goals into your 1on1s. I like the percentage of goal completion tool. I like the 1on1 tool. I like the layout of 15Five. I like being able to see my team. I like the email it sends us after submission to help ensure that myself and my direct report is on the same page on a topic of discussion point.

What do you dislike?

I wish Action Items in 1on1s would move directly into the next 15Five. I don't like that it does not do this.

I also wish that we could get some sort of acknowledgement when we push something to the next week's 15Five.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but if it had integration into a Google calendar to add reminders there rather than only the email notification reminders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really is a game changer on improving communication within your business.

We are able to capture tasks and goals and put timelines and progress around them. This is something that would get lost in the weeds with some of our individual contributors.

15Five review by Dani P.
Dani P.

"Positive Employee Career Path Builder & Goal Tracking "

What do you like best?

Employee goal management, Manager Transparency, Peer Recognition, Clear Career Goals & Performance Analysis, Opportunity to share feedback with the CEO & Direct Manager.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike other than the format of setting your goals for the week ahead. I feel like that should be a task to evaluate on Monday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an incredible tool for holding your employees accountable and keeping transparency between manager/employee relationships. It's a positive place where employees can analyze their own performance in addition to sharing issues, questions, and wins with their manager. Most of the time, managers don't get to see everything that their employees do on a day to day basis, so this makes it easy to share your wins & areas of opportunity!

This is the easiest way for employees to stay accountable on their short and long term goals for both personal development and for PDM's overall business growth. It provides transparency for both manager and employees to track their progress and identify areas of improvement. It's been a positive way to show employee & colleague appreciation through weekly high fives that are shared with the person who received.

15Five review by Joan E. D.
Joan E. D.

"Love how 15Five can service me and my company!"

What do you like best?

I love getting feedback from my supervisors! I also like the chance to answer questions my supervisor poses, which are crafted just for me. She is intentional about what she wants to know about me, and I love that.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything specifically, but sometimes taking the time out of my day to review can be annoying, but in the end its great! I also wish I could start filling the platform out earlier. I know the point is to reflect on your week, but sometimes I like to "take notes" and start writing down my thoughts early!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's awesome!

I'm solving communication barriers by being able to express how I feel on a weekly basis. I'm also finding ways to express my gratitude for coworkers through an online platform. Since our company is built around work from home, it's nice to communicate with each other about our wins each week!

15Five review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"Good tool for weekly updates"

What do you like best?

15Five has provided an excellent resource for our team to communicate, and provide weekly status updates and plans for success. I enjoy the available access to gain insights throughout the organization, as well as the ability to recognize significant achievements by peers and colleagues.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike in using 15Five is primarily internally-based, as we have not leveraged capabilities of leveraging a variety of questions to allow for new and fresh perspectives around a diversity of topics. Our experience has primarily focused around similar questions, week-in and week-out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend 15Five as a great tool for facilitating engagement across your team and/or organiziation. The tool continues to improve, and I expect will see additional improvements to make the tool even stronger.

We are solving the business problem of how to effectively communicate, and provide status updates throughout a fast growing organization. It has been a positive within my team, with 15 different professionals.

15Five review by Zee H.
Zee H.

"One of the best status tools I've ever used"

What do you like best?

15five makes it incredibly easy (and fast) for me to update my boss on my projects. I feel like I'm more productive and have more support on what I do as a result.

What do you dislike?

The notifications are a bit annoying, but I think that that's true of any product you're supposed to get into the habit of using. There have been many weeks where I'm late to write a 15five, so the reminders are annoying–that said, I can turn them off (and I know that). They're good for me, to keep myself compliant.

We are solving the problem of communicating our regular work to our boss, including "wins" with clients and "losses" or "shortcomings". We could, ostensibly have more meetings, emails or slack chats–all of which would be REALLY distracting and take us away from our work. Those all tend to take far longer than 15 minutes, and with 15five, I can update my boss on ALL of my outstanding client work in 15 minutes (instead of just one).

15Five review by Mallory D.
Mallory D.

"I love 15Five"

What do you like best?

Their product is easy to use and a really neat way to provide transparency throughout an organization. I love reading weekly reviews from my peers to get a look into how they may have experienced the week differently than myself.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything; we're happy with 15five. I use it every week and I have no run into any problems or limitations for our current implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! High fives are the best!

Weekly check-ins with my manager who lives in a different country (and timezone) are easily completed through 15five. I also love the 1:1 notes section to easily track what my manager and I talked about in previous meetings, as well as track ongoing conversations. High fives are such a great way to call out the hard work of my coworkers and make sure they feel appreciated. And who doesn't love receiving high fives?

15Five review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Utilize 15Five every week with my team"

What do you like best?

I love the high fives, it gives a very encouraging mentality to our team! Especially since I'm mostly remote from my team, it makes me feel more included and makes it that much better when I get a high five! Because I know I'm doing something right. I also love being able to @ people on the team, this allows everyone to know who I need to work with in the coming week. Also, allowing outsiders on the team or managers to know that I'm getting work done, and allowing me to know what my colleagues are working on. Also, LOVE that I can copy tasks onto the next week! That is SUPER helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I don't complete my 15Five on time every week. This is no fault of yours... I wish I had better reminders rather than via email. I want an automatic calendar invite to be sent so that I actually know when to fill it out. That's probably an unreasonable request, but I have so much going on during the day that I always forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! This is one of the best products I've used for a team management system!

With our UX Design and Research team, we are solving the problem of keeping everyone in the know. It's hard having a semi-large team and not knowing what everyone is working on or who to collaborate with on what projects. We solve the communication issue head on with 15five.

15Five review by Haley P.
Haley P.

"Great Set-up, Easy to Use, Clean Look!"

What do you like best?

The look-back ability for Annual Reviews is such a great feature that 15Five recently added to their Plus plan. It increases the ability to accurately reflect on wins and areas of opportunity over the last year. We most often use it for 1:1's so having the ability to see progress and comment on things is great for our supervisors.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features available in the basic plan. The new features that were added fit so well with the intentions of the product so it stinks if you are unable to move up a tier. I do wish you could mass change supervisors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all of your supervisors are onboard and understand the amazing opportunities this product has to offer. It is beneficial for both the supervisor and the employee to really engage in the product.

We utilize 15Five for 1:1's and check-ins for our employees. With over 500 employees it helps to be able to at least see how they are doing on a scale of 1-5.

15Five review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"15five keeps everyone on the same page"

What do you like best?

I love how 15five is able to connect everyone and make sure employees know what other people are doing. It is ncie to have my boss know what I am working on without scheduling a whole meeting for it. I also love giving high 5s, its a nice way to thank others for their help!

What do you dislike?

I cant say there is anything that I dislike about it. It is pretty simple and straightforward. I dont think I use it enough to have anything negative to say, I only need it for a few minutes every week

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your employees set up your campaigns so they are easier to track, we did not have that for awhile and we were just answering the questions our boss needed us to but once we set up our OKR's, things were a lot easier to track. Also encourage people to give high 5s! its boosts your team morale.

We are solving communication problems and we are able to keep everyone on track. It has helped me keep my priorities straight so I can work on what is most important.

15Five review by Katie L.
Katie L.

"Love being able to review past goals and look forward!"

What do you like best?

I love the consistent check-ins, being able to track where I've been and where I'm going. It's easy to lose sight of how goals move week after week, so being able to see it all come together after time is great. I love being able to get a regular pulse check, and look internally to organize my goals and share them with my supervisor. It's a great way to give and get feedback within a team on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Everything is really great! The only suggestion is to have an option to kick goals farther than the next report. Like if I didn't get to a goal in a week, instead of recycling it for the following week, having an option to schedule it to be a goal in a month or so.

My manager and I have regular check ins to review the 15Five, and it's a great time to throw some transparency on the routine of work and air any thoughts either of us have. Nothing builds up, and I know that I can always communicate with her.

15Five review by Emily D.
Emily D.

"Key part of our culture shift"

What do you like best?

The best thing about using 15five is that the team has visibility to each others thoughts and ideas. I use it as a manager, and I really appreciate the open communication that it facilitates. We can all ask follow up questions or add to what has been said, without all needing to be in the same room (meetings: ick). It promotes feedback, openness and idea sharing.

What do you dislike?

Not so much a dislike, but it is difficult to implement. There are some growing pains in getting the team to understand that it isn't busy work or another way to monitor their work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend webinars! Use the chat! Your team needs you to be fluent in this software for them to have faith in it.

Openness!! Hands down, we had a cultural problem with people feeling like they can say what they feel. Now that everyone has warmed up to it, it has started to make a dent in this concern.

15Five review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Must have People System"

What do you like best?

This HR system is about how people feel, how they can be their best self at work, and asks the hard questions in a non-threatening way. It also integrates our objective tracking and brings it to front of mind every week.

What do you dislike?

Whilst we love the Hi5 functionality, we use a seperate points based recognition system. It would be great to combine the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The simplicity of this system is what makes it so powerful.

Objective setting and keeping focus. Weekly check in's. Priority setting. Peer to peer recognition. 15Five has become an important part of our culture and something our team refers to when asked which systems or tools best support them in their job. We're actually surprised at how much the team embraces 15Five and how much value it's added.

15Five review by Ethan N.
Ethan N.

"Great way to "collaborate and listen"! "

What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to express my worries, concerns, and goals.

This gives my manager a chance to see where I'm at physically and mentally.

I also like being able to express appreciation for fellow co-workers.

Working in IT, some people are remote so they don't get the recognition they deserve.

But with the High Five tool, it makes it easy!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any!

This has been a great program and tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you focus your career and goals.

It can help you to find yours and others' strengths.

Also a great way to commend other members of your team!

Each week, there is typically one or more specific issues that you handle on an individual level.

Those impact productivity and attitudes.

With 15Five, you can state the problems, address them, and start getting in front of them.

The benefits of just being able to vocalize the issue or stress is of great value on its' own.

Not to mention the ability to have it shown to supervisors or others for solutions.

15Five review by Perry T.
Perry T.

"Refreshing take on Performance Management and OKRs"

What do you like best?

15Five is a fresh take on the standard performance management annual review cycle. It implements continuous feedback well and non-intrusively, and adds a complete OKR system on top of that. Fans of John Doerr (Measure What Matters) will love the system.

What do you dislike?

There's little I can think of that I dislike. Some things in the OKR system could be improved, like moving objectives from one parent to another, but that's easy enough to work around.

We first implemented the system to help streamline one-on-one meetings and make them more effective. 15Five did that for us and soon people realized additional benefits of making reviews easier. Soon after our team implemented it the company adopted OKRs. Other departments were using spreadsheets to manage their objectives but when they saw 15Five they signed up for the system. We're started using it with our management tier and managers quickly clamored to have it for their reports as well.

15Five review by Tonya K.
Tonya K.

"Great for personal work goal tracking"

What do you like best?

I like seeing the high fives the team gives to each other, and tracking my weekly goals, and checking in with how I'm feeling about life and the work load- Measuring change allows me to see what I've done to make me feel better or worse. What part of my week can I duplicate that continuously helps me meet goals I set. I like that I can check off the goals at any time in the week.

What do you dislike?

I wish 15five was more integrated with Slack or other workflows- it is a bit of an afterthought and not well put into daily use. I also think there are some redundant parts of the platform, goals, objectives, 1:1's. The way 15five is set up is not very intuitive to a new employee. There could be a video to help new people get set up- and to revisit. During onboarding there is so much going on- that a specific training seems a little ridiculous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the relationships within your company- and how scalable those relationships are prior to putting in something like 15five

Making sure every week I'm making progress on personal data Driven Goals. For me- it is making sure I'm not just putting things on my "When I finally get caught up" list. I can see the things I've accomplished- things that have taken me longer to accomplish than expected. On Friday, when I fill out my 15five- if I can finish a task in less than an hour- I do it then and Don't push it to later.

15Five review by David T.
David T.

"15Five is the Best for Personal Growth"

What do you like best?

15five has allowed me to focus on the goals that matter. When I first started using it, I created a ton of goals that eventually fell off the rails because I kept creating new ones along the way. With time I simplified my goals and stayed focused on a weekly basis in improving their metrics.

So for the most part, it shows me my managing weaknesses with a number.

What do you dislike?

It does not have a percentage calculator within the goals section, so I have to use external tools to calculate my goals. I use big numbers for this, so the calculator would be an awesome feature that could save me time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Effective for employee goal engagement and simple to use.

My own performance for the most part. Since I work alone in my specific department, I do not tend to look at department goals. Optimizing and managing goals is what 15five has been crucial.

15Five review by User

"FINALLY A WAY TO HAVE HISTORICAL REVIEW DATA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

What do you like best?

Love Love Love the fact that its so easy for me to keep historical data of what my team has gone through and the experiences they are having during their team time at the company. The information gets passed from manager to manager so you can understand how they are developing.

Being able to pull information from the 15five into 1x1s is great. Being able to just quickly add things to the 1x1 before hand AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Peer Reviews are nice being able to control how is reviewing is a huge when. Ensure real feedback is giving and people are not just selecting their friends hoping for the best.

What do you dislike?

Having 1x1 self close would be great. Sometimes I forget to close out a 1x1 and it would be nice to have a 24 close out from the time you start the 1x1.

Give us real ways to see the growth of a team and individual.

15Five review by David B.
David B.

"15Five keeps me on track with goals and accountability."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of 15Five is the fact that I know that I will receive supervisor feedback and help. It's not just another form to fill out. It's a tool to help me get better and have a voice to express victories, goals, and concerns too.

What do you dislike?

At times I have gotten behind on a weekly 15Five if I am out of town or do not need to fill one out for a certain week. It would be nice to show and track that differently if I will not need to fill a review out on a certain week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At first, 15Five might seem like your supervisor is just checking up on you each week and this is just another thing you have to do. That is not the heart of 15Five. At least not with us. The heart is trust. If my supervisor trusts me and I trust him then my 15Five is a great tool to grow within this organization because we are both working towards the greatest benefit of each other and the organization itself. Never take trust for granted. When you have it life works so much better. When you don't you will labor at your work for sure. 15Five's implemented correctly can and will build great trust.

It gives me and my supervisor talking points on both successes and areas to do better. No more guesswork when it comes to my goals and problems.

15Five review by Darragh M.
Darragh M.

"It's simple to fill out and you're reminded when it's due and over-due"

What do you like best?

I like that there's no need for a big long review form every week. It's a few simple questions about your targets, some optional questions about anything that might be blocking you. There's no excuse not to do it every week.

The user interface is ve is very intuitive,.

- The seperation between the different settings is very useful

- Everything to do with your 15Five is in one tab

- Everything to do with 1-on-1s is in another

Yet, they link up nicely when it comes to feedback from your managers

Also, the ability to look at your previous 15Fives is a great way to remember what you were doing in a particular week.

Finally, the High Fives are a very nice way to recognise the effort or help or work of someone else, on your team or elsewhere in an unobtrusive way.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the reminder email is sent to me at 1pm on Friday. I'd much rather it was closer to 4.30 so I can fill in my 15five accurately. Also my team's weekly standup is around that time of the week so it is helpful to know my next priorities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth trying out with a few small teams before being sure

It's simple and effective feedback and goals channel with managers. In addition to my one on one meeting with my managers we can flag anything in 15Five that we should talk about during the meetings so that we can make sure to cover them

15Five review by Manuel O.
Manuel O.

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about 15five is that all my achievements in the week and goals for the coming week are all recorded. I don't need to recall everything that had happened in my work to give an account to my manager/ team leader. The reminder to fill it also helps a lot because sometimes I forget to fill it.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike is that when I can't think of something to fill/ answer a specific question is that I need to fill the word "NONE" (because it is required) instead of leaving it blank.

The business problem we have is that we have to recall everything that had happened over the past 6 months, and it's kinda hassling because we can hardly remember things that had happened over that specific span of time.

The benefits that we have realized is that everything that has happened every week/ 5 days are all recorded and we don't have to recall everything.

15Five review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"15five is the best tool HR has ever rolled out in our company"

What do you like best?

I love how quickly you can update your manager on the things you are working on in a given week and what you are struggling with. It really does take only 15 minutes to complete your review for the week and gives you a great idea of what you need to get done the following week. The mobile app is fantastic too.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike about the product. The only thing that has ever really annoyed me about the product is that I didn't' know there was a vacation setting. So now my % of on time completed 15fives is 98% percent. I would have had a perfect score if I have known there was a vacation setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, just get 15five for your company

I now have a great idea of what my employee is working on in a given week. I can see where they evaluate their workload on a scale of 1-10 to make sure that I am keeping them busy, but also not overwhelming them with a ton of work.

15Five review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Finger on the pulse of my team"

What do you like best?

15Five has been essential to helping me meet my goals of being a better a manager. It is valuable to see the comments my direct reports and secondary associates give each week as well as their project updates. The information they provide helps me assign tasks with reasonable deadlines based on their bandwidth.

I also like that we were able to give our manager and peer reviews through the tool, replacing an outdated system that took too much time, and was not user friendly, with no technical support other than our HR staff.

What do you dislike?

I think the manager review portion is a bit confusing as well as the objectives input. We found a way to make it work, but better training on these features would be very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It is valuable and worth every penny!

I am able to give informal, but frequent feedback to my associates without having to set up meetings. They know that I am seeing their comments and can address any issues that arise almost instantaneously. Also, the ability to give high fives has helped boost morale in the department and a favorite to see!

15Five review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Engaging our team in reflection and renewal"

What do you like best?

15Five helps us share our weekly highlights, identify issues that we need support with from others, and High Five each other for ways that we supported one another in an easy-to-use interface that drives participation. We used to use an internal tool do to this but 15Five's interface is engaging with a great mobile app and far better than we could keep up with in an internally developed tool.

What do you dislike?

The only gap I see in 15Five right now is that you can't have a circular reviewer relationship - for example, in an organization with two co-founders that manage each other, they can't both review each other. One person has to be at the "top".

15Five helps us stay in touch with one another, and streamlines communication when a staff member needs support or advice from others.

15Five review by User

"An amazing communication tool for greater employee-manager relationship"

What do you like best?

- Simplicity: no nonsense complications, i.e. "algorithm-based assessments" or calculations. Very effective UI

- Effective: This tool works. Takes out a lot of the stress that come from traditional 1-on-1 meetings, it gives employees freedom to express concerns in written format that otherwise might not be easily communicable in short face-to-face meetings, for people who dislike confrontational conversations this helps them organize their thoughts in written format and send them to their boss.

- Even for positive feedback: Employees can now be encouraged to put on record their achievements, a lot of introvert employees do not like to brag about their accomplishments, the Q&A style of this tool encourages all employees of all personalities to communicate with management, thus giving much greater insight into their employees mindsets and thought process and enabling the organization to significantly increase its employee retention rate.

What do you dislike?

No cons come to mind. However some suggestions:

- Make weekly reports optional rather than required, with minimum participation rate

1- Employee-manager commutation: this is an essential and brilliant tool to assist with employee-manager communication.

2- Encouraging employees to be more open and share thoughts with their managers

3- Increases company's transparency and foster strong trust relationship within organization members

15Five review by Mallory D.
Mallory D.

"Love setting weekly intentions and reviewing progress"

What do you like best?

I love the transparency 15five provides. Everyone in the company fills it out weekly and you can read anyone's answers (unless the individual marks an answer as private, of course). I love being able to get a regular pulse check and see how the moral in other departments.

What do you dislike?

I would love to have some sort of goal tracking week over week, with like a nice little progress indicator to tell you how much you've done and how much you have left.

My manager and I have regular check ins to review the 15Five, and we utilize the 1:1 notes feature. It's a great way to communicate.

15Five review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Easy, Quick, Facilitates Great Conversations"

What do you like best?

Super easy interface, everyone can use it

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize, it would be good to be able to get more custom features and reports.

For us, this replaced a manual version of something similar. So it solved an efficiency issue. We were also able to fold in objective tracking, which again we were doing in a different way, but now its all in once place. The questions are also valuable to help gain insight, and create conversations around different topics. Biggest single benefit has been a big uptick in awareness to what others are working on, commenting, and providing help and insight in areas where that may not have happened in the past.

15Five review by Shavar L.
Shavar L.

"Voice of the worker"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this is weekly, and the only people who see these are the people that can make the changes of the workers. This allows us the confidence to speak our voice and it be heard.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can pin point as far as dislikes. There are always features that can be better or can progress to make the experience different. I believe in the direction this program is going will leave a great impression for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for a small business and even a large business to use to hear the voices and concerns of the people who keep the company moving in the right direction.

I have realized that some of the concerns of the workers are being herd and addressed each time one of these are completed within our business. This program is a great addition to the forum and a blessing to have.

15Five review by User

"Super efficient way to stay engaged with your team and track your individual progress on weekly basi"

What do you like best?

I love the opportunity to give a "high five" and recognize fellow colleagues' work which can be shared publicly or privately. It's also a great opportunity to take a retrospective look at your progress over time if you look back at weeks/months of your entries to get a pulse on how you are doing in your role - and a very clear structure for leadership to get a pulse on the entire team. Love the ability to write in your weekly goals to share with your manager and holds you more accountable to them when you write them down and share it.

What do you dislike?

More of a suggestion - how can you make sure the team is taking that information and putting it to use. There's a risk in filling it out each week, missing it some weeks, and then losing momentum. But that's probably the case with most tools similar to this.

Writing and tracking my weekly goals. More engagement with the broader team. Raising questions or concerns to leadership

15Five review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"15Five is creatively innovative and engaging."

What do you like best?

The part I like best about 15Five is that is gives me one on one opportunity to share my weekly accomplishments and challenges and get immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

The part that I like the least is having share what I did to help someone. It's something that I do naturally and privately. So, to think about it so intentionally to write out each week makes me feel like it's boastful. However, I do understand the concept of making sure that we're always in the mindset of serving and helping others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to other organizations for cohesive teaming and performance development.

Business problems that have been solved in 15Five have been great! It allows me to communicate the problems with my supervisor and get immediate ideas, suggestions on how to correct it. It gives opportunity to detail it out with action steps and follow up with anticipated results.

15Five review by User

"Useful tool to set direction and achive goals"

What do you like best?

15Five is a very useful tool to communicate with my manager about specific initiatives. It's quick and fun to communicate in this way. Its great to have the whole team working towards completion of aligned goals.

What do you dislike?

I wish the follow up goals of questions had some more flexibility. This could be an issue with the person that inputs the questions originally. Such as, there is a question that asks if I need help with anything. That is far to broad to even bother answering so I typically just put not at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see previous statements.

I believe 15 Five solves for quick communication about overarching long term projects.

In the question below, (what is your industry) it could be useful to add multiple check options. Since my role is in Sales, it aligns with marketing and the company is a US Manufacturing Company of technical instruments. Rather than put your product against one industry it is very useful to note it crosses over many.

15Five review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Global HR Director"

What do you like best?

User experience and all modules: OKRs, 15Fives, 1:1s, Reviews, HighFives - the best managerial tools I've ever seen.

It's my second company where I implement 15Fives and I highly recommend it to all my students since I also have Online HR courses

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike something. I would say I rather hungry for new features, like employee skills profile, personal development plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First start from 15Fives and HighFives,

Continue with Review within 1 month

Add Objectives 1 month later

Introduce 1:1 1 month later

Don't start all in one at once, give your people time to learn how to work and they will love it!

Performance management, retention, engagement, communication, alignment

15Five review by Jagoba M.
Jagoba M.

"Excellent way to improve and step up on the professional environment"

What do you like best?

I am able to get/give direct feedback from the people I work with and continuously improve myself. It also makes it easy to manage and report. Transparency is a very important piece on my company.

What do you dislike?

I get too many "reminders" during the week. I know when it is due and I have a schedule (that In never missed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is easy to implement and brings a lot of value for the whole team. It makes easy to manage and identify the areas of improvement. Finally, it generates a history for each employee which is accessible anytime to back a promotion and measure the value of each individual.

1:1 meetings and goals are much simpler and easy to follow-up and act-on. Also, my team can see the impact of each contributor in a centralized site (accessible by the leadership and directors).

15Five review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Creating alignment on what matters most"

What do you like best?

15Five allows for alignment of objectives and key results so there is visibility across teams and we can help each other out in achieving those objectives. I also really like having one spot to track progress on those objectives on a weekly basis and being able to keep all of my 1-1 notes and discussion topics in one place.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to add notes for each specific discussion topic in my 1-1s, not just one section for the entire conversation. I'd also like to be able to assign people and dates to action items in 1-1s. It would also be great to have the same capabilities for team meetings so everything is in one spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get everyone in the company using it as requirement to get the most out of it and to see the value of goal alignment

Cross-functional business alignment on goals and priorities

15Five review by Dillon H.
Dillon H.

"Phenomenal App For Any Business"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of 15Five is that it gives me the opportunity every week to look at my past week and reflect on what went well, as well as what was accomplished. All while planning for the week ahead in order to best structure my days to come.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely don't have anything I dislike about 15Five since the app and web browser are both so user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a current system to track employee continuous performance management you should strongly consider 15Five since it has allowed our company to all become better at planning ahead and better at reflecting.

As a staff, we are much more likely to compliment one another organically due to the outflow of the 'High Five' section every week. Morale ever since implementing 15Five just seems a whole lot better.

15Five review by Niranjana N.
Niranjana N.

"Its a great resource for keeping track of accomplishments "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this allows me to keep track of every process, task or objective my team is working on. I also love the ability to add additional accomplishments in a week.

What do you dislike?

I do not like to update the % completion of my objectives every week. There are weeks with no progression on some of these objectives, but I cannot submit my 15Five, without changing the % completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

15Five is a great product for Companies trying to make personnel management a breeze. It literally takes me 15 minutes to fill out my goals for the week. And it takes me almost 5 minutes to review my team's tasks, goals and objectives. This is good solution to introduce your team to accountability, ownership and accomplishments.

We are trying to solve the problem of resource allocation, resource prioritization in a small company like ours with limited resources.

Some of the benefits I have realized personally, and for my team are : understand why certain tasks were not completed, understand the focus areas for following week. Create a project plan for certain tasks, that are lagging behind.

15Five review by TJ R.
TJ R.

"Simple But Powerful Way to Bring Teams Together"

What do you like best?

15Five is a great solution to help my team better communicate and share how each individual is REALLY doing: what's going on with them psychologically/emotionally, what challenges they're facing, what successes they're having, etc... it's a powerful tool that I'm learning can help us drive the best culture we can.

The product is simple enough that it never takes long to share/review some behind-the-scenes information, and it provides a remarkable channel to provide employees / team members / direct reports with what they need: feedback, validation, recognition, etc...

To be honest, we can't say enough good about the company behind the product either.

What do you dislike?

I've had a very occasional issue with responses saving, though to be fair it may have more to do with my wifi connection (I travel) than a bug. Most of what I struggle with in 15Five are problems of our own creation -- we initially required TOO many responses, which made the filling out of 15Five a chore after some time for many employees... we've also reused the same questions that were meant to be novel / charming / thought provoking too many times and they've become redundant. Nothing that can't be fixed/trained.

We'd also like a little deeper functionality/reporting around OKRs, but 15Five is constantly iterating so we never worry about getting more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that your success in the product is going to come from driving adoption internally. It won't fix issues, and while the product is simple and intuitive, adoption still requires commitment by leadership.

The primary business problems we're solving w/ 15Five:

1 -- Giving employees a consistent channel to voice and share their thoughts/fears/successes/challenges/ideas... it's something that didn't used too happen in our startup as we often have to move at such a frenzied pace, we didn't historically take time to analyze how we're actually doing.

2 -- Collecting the data in such a way that leadership/management can actually consume and digest the data in a reasonable amount of time. Another HUGE benefit; 1:1s still can't be beat, but we have a pulse on our team more regularly and are aware of challenges/successes we would have otherwise missed.

15Five review by Alysha S.
Alysha S.

"15five - The savior for our remote team!"

What do you like best?

That the customer service is quick to responding, super friendly, and always looking for feedback. They really do not compare to any other service reviewed. They're always quick, polite, and willing to jump on a call to make sure we are comfortable, find what we are looking for, or to announce and teach us new features. WHO DOES THAT??

What do you dislike?

I really can't sit here and think of something I don't like - It has an app that reminds you, gives great update emails, and always takes feedback when you have something developmentally that we'd like to see!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have questions? Use their quick service! They're always so friendly.

We are a remote team of 10ish people with multiple levels of managers, interns, and hourly employees - Being able to use the 15five to discuss topics, set objectives, and use the program to ask the important questions and take temperatures of the teammates whether they are in the same office or an ocean away.

Learn more about 15Five Continuous Performance Management

15Five Continuous Performance Management Videos

Learning about 15Five Continuous Performance Management?

* We monitor all 15Five Continuous Performance Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.