15Five Continuous Performance Management

15Five Continuous Performance Management

15Five Continuous Performance Management is a performance management solution that combines employee feedback, pulse surveys, peer recognition and OKR tracking in a lightweight weekly check-in.

Work for 15Five Continuous Performance Management?

Learning about 15Five?

15Five Continuous Performance Management Reviews

Ask 15Five a Question
Showing 965 15Five reviews
15Five review by Robert D.
Robert D.
View Original

"Easy and focused"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 15Five Continuous Performance Management
15Five review by D. Aaron S.
D. Aaron S.

"15five automates management away from needless failure"

What do you like best?

My experience with 15five has been nearly all upside. It takes all of my workaday tasks as a manager (goal setting; clearing process roadblocks; digging into performance challenges) and puts them under one roof, so to speak. I no longer need to use Evernote, Email, and a host of other communication and note-taking media to kludge together my own solution.

What do you dislike?

15five has a moderate learning curve, and some of its most powerful features (for example the ability to move employee or manager comments to 1-on-1 agendas or lists of wins and challenges) are not very well-publicized within the workflow. Once you get over the learning curve, though, it's a very powerful and useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with customer success team to ensure all your trial users are using all of the most powerful features of the product! Many during our trial period questioned the value based on a surface-level engagement with the feature set.

Thanks to using 15five, I spend less time on each report with no loss in the fidelity of information exchange, and given that my reports are proactively preparing for and setting the agenda for their own 1-on-1 meetings they are subsequently more likely to feel engaged in the process. We're using 15five for allowing employees to give recognition and feedback to one another as well as set long- and short-term career growth goals. As we implement the inbuilt OKR-tracking, I think we'll see improved alignment from top to bottom.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

15Five review by Nina S.
Nina S.

"Easy and efficient"

What do you like best?

This is a very easy way of communication, planning and feedback for any size of the company. It allows you to track the most important guidance and alignments and not loosing it in a bulk messaging process.

What do you dislike?

If you miss to submit your weekly report on target day and do it 1 day later you'll lose the whole week of communication :(

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an action plan keeper - this is not your product. If you want to unite the team around common goals, improve team strategic thinking skills, teach the team to plan, do, adjust and communicate their plans, successes and challenges - go for it! This is a great tool that keeps you focused on the most important things. At the same time it allows you to adjust you plans appropriately, keeping track of all the changes.

Managing remote colleagues, making sure that all team is looking to the same direction. You can see who is really working towards the plan and who is putting the same task from week to week. Short and mid-term performance management became way more transparent.

15Five review by Andrew E.
Andrew E.

"Career guide - 15five"

What do you like best?

I've been employed for more than a decade now. Worked with various company and it's my first time using 15five. It's an amazing tool that guides me with my career, reminds me of my goal and makes me oriented on the job that I need to accomplish on a weekly basis. I've been employed with Hearsay for three months and it really is handy for my JOB.

What do you dislike?

The only challenge that I can site is that. Given that I am new to the company, it's my first time to use 15five. No one on board me on how to use it and I have no formal training to maximize its function. It's just lately that my supervisor updated the 1to1 field and I get to realize that she needs to acknowledge my points and provide coaching points for me. I'm not sure on how this works, but I think it would be best to have a trainer conduct the how-tos of the product especially for big clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool that helps your employees focus on their goals and identify their own areas for improvement! a wonderful coaching tool and a way to commend your fellow employee.

In my case, I'm an entry-level employee for Hearsay and the business problems that we are focusing on is more on my personal goals and improving my own AFI's. The benefits that I realized is that, I can apply the S M A R T (short, measurable, attainable, realistic and timebound) approach in targeting my goals given that 15five would require me to update on a weekly basis.

15Five review by Shathyan R.
Shathyan R.

"Best Performance Management Tool for Startups"

What do you like best?

Best tool to understand the Goals, Objective of each department and their team members, So on a whole everyone works towards the growth of the company. It helps us to define our weekly Task which we did and also plan for the next week based on the result for last week goals.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. It helps us to do Self Review on each OKR, but I feel those questions should be more specifically related to the work what we do and not generalized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to have a plan - task & objective towards a goal, then its the right tool to manage your performance at each level.

As a Business everyone needs to work together irrespective of the different departments. So here we know what everyone person in our company and does and how well it is aligned towards the overall goal of the company. its helps us to stay informed on our performance and objectives which needs to be obtained.

15Five review by Neil J.
Neil J.

"15Five is great for collaboration"

What do you like best?

15Five allows me and my supervisor to be on the same page. It's easy to use, provides me with thought-provoking questions, and helps my supervisor to understand me better. I can write things that I wouldn't have time to say otherwise, and feel safe to be honest. It also features 1-on-1s, where I can come prepared with talking points to keep our meetings efficient and well-spent.

What do you dislike?

At times, some of the weekly questions can be difficult to try and answer. The High Five feature seems generic at times, too. Lastly, we haven't gotten into the Objectives piece yet, but some of our staff have had problems understanding the format and how they are supposed to be submitted. It'd be nice to have a handy example of such.

Rather than being disconnected, 15Five has allowed my supervisor and I to be in touch with one another on a weekly basis - something that we don't always have time for in-person. It helps us to have mutual understanding, where I can ask questions, share challenges, and receive feedback anywhere at any time. One of the biggest benefits I've found is that since using it, I'm constantly thinking of the questions throughout the week. This, in turn, helps us to fill in gaps and solve problems that may have otherwise been forgotten about or overlooked.

15Five review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Comprehensive Performance Management Program "

What do you like best?

The ability to comment privately or publicly is something that I appreciate as there are some things that I only want to say to my manager and wouldn't want others to see. I also love checking goals off my list each week.

What do you dislike?

I think it would be really nice if we could give high fives all throughout the week rather than just in our final reviews for the week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think 15Five makes it really easy to keep up with the goals that you've set for yourself and completed throughout the year. Since all 1-on-1's and answers to questions are easily accessible, you can revisit to remind yourself of what you talked about when it comes to Performance Review time. It's a great program and seems very customizable on the admin end as well.

It definitely helps me set measurable business goals and reminds me to work on them.

15Five review by Gamelzar C.
Gamelzar C.

"Unique way to interact with employees and the employer"

What do you like best?

I like the High Fives. It gives a rewarding feeling like you've done something great for the company, very cool. I also like the 1 on 1s; very unique approach in updating or tackling one's task or priorities for the company. The ease of navigation to each of the sections in this program.

What do you dislike?

I cannot see any part of this platform that made me dislike any features. The High Fives alone makes this platform very likable in all aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very unique platform to bridge the gap between the employees and the employer. If you are looking for a cool way to address someone's achievement or just make someone happy because of their positive impact on your company.

It gives an overall update of where is the employee in regards to his/her task

15Five review by Nathaniel R.
Nathaniel R.

"Still the best tool I have used for coaching and development feedback"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily send over any feedback, questions or concerns to my manager. They have a chance to review and respond. Makes the talk track for our one on ones so much smoother and relevant to what is impacting me.

The ability to recognize my peers is extremely helpful. Rotating questions is a good way to ensure the feedback and answers given are relevant.

For the most part, the interface is easy to use and pleasant on the eyes. The performance of the site itself is on par with high-end sites.

It has been easy to adopt the tool and using it creates a natural flow to coaching and feedback conversations. The ability to keep a record of completed tasks is helpful for performance reviews and for your own personal development. The manager notes are a good addition as well.

What do you dislike?

Required questions are not easily identifiable. There is no customization for your page or personalization. The options for group feedback as a team would be good or even creating groups to be able to recognize entire teams easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

continue to use even if it feels forced at first. establish the habit

Communication and feedback. Stagnant career development paths. When getting a new supervisor this is a great way to break the ice in an efficient manner.

I have been able to use 15Five to communicate with senior manager and establish new relationships that would have been otherwise difficult to realize.

15Five review by Jathan D.
Jathan D.

"This is an amazing tool to improve communication between your team members, peers, and organization."

What do you like best?

I like the goals checklist of things and how things move over from your Goals into your 1on1s. I like the percentage of goal completion tool. I like the 1on1 tool. I like the layout of 15Five. I like being able to see my team. I like the email it sends us after submission to help ensure that myself and my direct report is on the same page on a topic of discussion point.

What do you dislike?

I wish Action Items in 1on1s would move directly into the next 15Five. I don't like that it does not do this.

I also wish that we could get some sort of acknowledgement when we push something to the next week's 15Five.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but if it had integration into a Google calendar to add reminders there rather than only the email notification reminders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This really is a game changer on improving communication within your business.

We are able to capture tasks and goals and put timelines and progress around them. This is something that would get lost in the weeds with some of our individual contributors.

15Five review by Dani P.
Dani P.

"Positive Employee Career Path Builder & Goal Tracking "

What do you like best?

Employee goal management, Manager Transparency, Peer Recognition, Clear Career Goals & Performance Analysis, Opportunity to share feedback with the CEO & Direct Manager.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike other than the format of setting your goals for the week ahead. I feel like that should be a task to evaluate on Monday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an incredible tool for holding your employees accountable and keeping transparency between manager/employee relationships. It's a positive place where employees can analyze their own performance in addition to sharing issues, questions, and wins with their manager. Most of the time, managers don't get to see everything that their employees do on a day to day basis, so this makes it easy to share your wins & areas of opportunity!

This is the easiest way for employees to stay accountable on their short and long term goals for both personal development and for PDM's overall business growth. It provides transparency for both manager and employees to track their progress and identify areas of improvement. It's been a positive way to show employee & colleague appreciation through weekly high fives that are shared with the person who received.

15Five review by Joan E. D.
Joan E. D.

"Love how 15Five can service me and my company!"

What do you like best?

I love getting feedback from my supervisors! I also like the chance to answer questions my supervisor poses, which are crafted just for me. She is intentional about what she wants to know about me, and I love that.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything specifically, but sometimes taking the time out of my day to review can be annoying, but in the end its great! I also wish I could start filling the platform out earlier. I know the point is to reflect on your week, but sometimes I like to "take notes" and start writing down my thoughts early!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's awesome!

I'm solving communication barriers by being able to express how I feel on a weekly basis. I'm also finding ways to express my gratitude for coworkers through an online platform. Since our company is built around work from home, it's nice to communicate with each other about our wins each week!

15Five review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"Good tool for weekly updates"

What do you like best?

15Five has provided an excellent resource for our team to communicate, and provide weekly status updates and plans for success. I enjoy the available access to gain insights throughout the organization, as well as the ability to recognize significant achievements by peers and colleagues.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike in using 15Five is primarily internally-based, as we have not leveraged capabilities of leveraging a variety of questions to allow for new and fresh perspectives around a diversity of topics. Our experience has primarily focused around similar questions, week-in and week-out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend 15Five as a great tool for facilitating engagement across your team and/or organiziation. The tool continues to improve, and I expect will see additional improvements to make the tool even stronger.

We are solving the business problem of how to effectively communicate, and provide status updates throughout a fast growing organization. It has been a positive within my team, with 15 different professionals.

15Five review by Zee H.
Zee H.

"One of the best status tools I've ever used"

What do you like best?

15five makes it incredibly easy (and fast) for me to update my boss on my projects. I feel like I'm more productive and have more support on what I do as a result.

What do you dislike?

The notifications are a bit annoying, but I think that that's true of any product you're supposed to get into the habit of using. There have been many weeks where I'm late to write a 15five, so the reminders are annoying–that said, I can turn them off (and I know that). They're good for me, to keep myself compliant.

We are solving the problem of communicating our regular work to our boss, including "wins" with clients and "losses" or "shortcomings". We could, ostensibly have more meetings, emails or slack chats–all of which would be REALLY distracting and take us away from our work. Those all tend to take far longer than 15 minutes, and with 15five, I can update my boss on ALL of my outstanding client work in 15 minutes (instead of just one).

15Five review by Mallory D.
Mallory D.

"I love 15Five"

What do you like best?

Their product is easy to use and a really neat way to provide transparency throughout an organization. I love reading weekly reviews from my peers to get a look into how they may have experienced the week differently than myself.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything; we're happy with 15five. I use it every week and I have no run into any problems or limitations for our current implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! High fives are the best!

Weekly check-ins with my manager who lives in a different country (and timezone) are easily completed through 15five. I also love the 1:1 notes section to easily track what my manager and I talked about in previous meetings, as well as track ongoing conversations. High fives are such a great way to call out the hard work of my coworkers and make sure they feel appreciated. And who doesn't love receiving high fives?

15Five review by Nicole N.
Nicole N.

"Utilize 15Five every week with my team"

What do you like best?

I love the high fives, it gives a very encouraging mentality to our team! Especially since I'm mostly remote from my team, it makes me feel more included and makes it that much better when I get a high five! Because I know I'm doing something right. I also love being able to @ people on the team, this allows everyone to know who I need to work with in the coming week. Also, allowing outsiders on the team or managers to know that I'm getting work done, and allowing me to know what my colleagues are working on. Also, LOVE that I can copy tasks onto the next week! That is SUPER helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I don't complete my 15Five on time every week. This is no fault of yours... I wish I had better reminders rather than via email. I want an automatic calendar invite to be sent so that I actually know when to fill it out. That's probably an unreasonable request, but I have so much going on during the day that I always forget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! This is one of the best products I've used for a team management system!

With our UX Design and Research team, we are solving the problem of keeping everyone in the know. It's hard having a semi-large team and not knowing what everyone is working on or who to collaborate with on what projects. We solve the communication issue head on with 15five.

15Five review by Haley P.
Haley P.

"Great Set-up, Easy to Use, Clean Look!"

What do you like best?

The look-back ability for Annual Reviews is such a great feature that 15Five recently added to their Plus plan. It increases the ability to accurately reflect on wins and areas of opportunity over the last year. We most often use it for 1:1's so having the ability to see progress and comment on things is great for our supervisors.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features available in the basic plan. The new features that were added fit so well with the intentions of the product so it stinks if you are unable to move up a tier. I do wish you could mass change supervisors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that all of your supervisors are onboard and understand the amazing opportunities this product has to offer. It is beneficial for both the supervisor and the employee to really engage in the product.

We utilize 15Five for 1:1's and check-ins for our employees. With over 500 employees it helps to be able to at least see how they are doing on a scale of 1-5.

15Five review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"15five keeps everyone on the same page"

What do you like best?

I love how 15five is able to connect everyone and make sure employees know what other people are doing. It is ncie to have my boss know what I am working on without scheduling a whole meeting for it. I also love giving high 5s, its a nice way to thank others for their help!

What do you dislike?

I cant say there is anything that I dislike about it. It is pretty simple and straightforward. I dont think I use it enough to have anything negative to say, I only need it for a few minutes every week

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have your employees set up your campaigns so they are easier to track, we did not have that for awhile and we were just answering the questions our boss needed us to but once we set up our OKR's, things were a lot easier to track. Also encourage people to give high 5s! its boosts your team morale.

We are solving communication problems and we are able to keep everyone on track. It has helped me keep my priorities straight so I can work on what is most important.

15Five review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Must have People System"

What do you like best?

This HR system is about how people feel, how they can be their best self at work, and asks the hard questions in a non-threatening way. It also integrates our objective tracking and brings it to front of mind every week.

What do you dislike?

Whilst we love the Hi5 functionality, we use a seperate points based recognition system. It would be great to combine the two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The simplicity of this system is what makes it so powerful.

Objective setting and keeping focus. Weekly check in's. Priority setting. Peer to peer recognition. 15Five has become an important part of our culture and something our team refers to when asked which systems or tools best support them in their job. We're actually surprised at how much the team embraces 15Five and how much value it's added.

15Five review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Engaging our team in reflection and renewal"

What do you like best?

15Five helps us share our weekly highlights, identify issues that we need support with from others, and High Five each other for ways that we supported one another in an easy-to-use interface that drives participation. We used to use an internal tool do to this but 15Five's interface is engaging with a great mobile app and far better than we could keep up with in an internally developed tool.

What do you dislike?

The only gap I see in 15Five right now is that you can't have a circular reviewer relationship - for example, in an organization with two co-founders that manage each other, they can't both review each other. One person has to be at the "top".

15Five helps us stay in touch with one another, and streamlines communication when a staff member needs support or advice from others.

15Five review by User

"An amazing communication tool for greater employee-manager relationship"

What do you like best?

- Simplicity: no nonsense complications, i.e. "algorithm-based assessments" or calculations. Very effective UI

- Effective: This tool works. Takes out a lot of the stress that come from traditional 1-on-1 meetings, it gives employees freedom to express concerns in written format that otherwise might not be easily communicable in short face-to-face meetings, for people who dislike confrontational conversations this helps them organize their thoughts in written format and send them to their boss.

- Even for positive feedback: Employees can now be encouraged to put on record their achievements, a lot of introvert employees do not like to brag about their accomplishments, the Q&A style of this tool encourages all employees of all personalities to communicate with management, thus giving much greater insight into their employees mindsets and thought process and enabling the organization to significantly increase its employee retention rate.

What do you dislike?

No cons come to mind. However some suggestions:

- Make weekly reports optional rather than required, with minimum participation rate

1- Employee-manager commutation: this is an essential and brilliant tool to assist with employee-manager communication.

2- Encouraging employees to be more open and share thoughts with their managers

3- Increases company's transparency and foster strong trust relationship within organization members

15Five review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Easy, Quick, Facilitates Great Conversations"

What do you like best?

Super easy interface, everyone can use it

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to customize, it would be good to be able to get more custom features and reports.

For us, this replaced a manual version of something similar. So it solved an efficiency issue. We were also able to fold in objective tracking, which again we were doing in a different way, but now its all in once place. The questions are also valuable to help gain insight, and create conversations around different topics. Biggest single benefit has been a big uptick in awareness to what others are working on, commenting, and providing help and insight in areas where that may not have happened in the past.

15Five review by Shavar L.
Shavar L.

"Voice of the worker"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this is weekly, and the only people who see these are the people that can make the changes of the workers. This allows us the confidence to speak our voice and it be heard.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can pin point as far as dislikes. There are always features that can be better or can progress to make the experience different. I believe in the direction this program is going will leave a great impression for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for a small business and even a large business to use to hear the voices and concerns of the people who keep the company moving in the right direction.

I have realized that some of the concerns of the workers are being herd and addressed each time one of these are completed within our business. This program is a great addition to the forum and a blessing to have.

15Five review by Jamie C.
Jamie C.

"Awesome tool for making Job Performance an ongoing conversation"

What do you like best?

I love that 15Five makes it easy for employers and employees to have an ongoing conversation about Job Performance. It is also so much more than that! As an employee, I feel heard, and appreciate that my supervisor is taking the time to check in with me regularly. It helps me to stay on track, and be reminded of what my goals are, and gives my supervisor a chance to give regular feedback. I have worked other places where there was nothing like this in place, and people were frustrated with the lack of feedback. I think these conversations can be difficult for managers to handle, and I love how easy 15Five makes it.

What do you dislike?

As an employee, my only complaint is that the questions sometimes take me a while to answer (some of them are very thought-provoking). When I have a lot on my list, this can seem like just another task that I need to get done. However, I know that it is to my benefit and to the benefit of the organization I work for.

The benefits of 15Five are numerous. Employees are given the opportunity to regularly share their goals and let their manager in on what's going well, and what may not be going so well. More than that, it gives managers the opportunity to offer help or direction in areas needed. I believe this is a huge morale-booster and allows employees to feel heard and valued while making it easier for managers to stay engaged with their employees.

15Five review by Nicole D.
Nicole D.

"15Five is creatively innovative and engaging."

What do you like best?

The part I like best about 15Five is that is gives me one on one opportunity to share my weekly accomplishments and challenges and get immediate feedback.

What do you dislike?

The part that I like the least is having share what I did to help someone. It's something that I do naturally and privately. So, to think about it so intentionally to write out each week makes me feel like it's boastful. However, I do understand the concept of making sure that we're always in the mindset of serving and helping others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product to other organizations for cohesive teaming and performance development.

Business problems that have been solved in 15Five have been great! It allows me to communicate the problems with my supervisor and get immediate ideas, suggestions on how to correct it. It gives opportunity to detail it out with action steps and follow up with anticipated results.

15Five review by Jacob U.
Jacob U.

"Team Overview without the "Overview""

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the fact that I can set the pace for feedback for my team without constantly having to check-in. 15Five provides self-paced reflection for my team, giving them the opportunity to reflect on the successes and troubles they have had all week. While giving me, their manager, the chance to reflect on a course of action to best help them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that 15Five does not broadcast the "High-fives" members usually give to people outside of their organisation. One way I think 15Five can solve for this problem is by providing a social media / LinkedIn integrator where users can publicly opt to display their "High Fives" (received and given).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use if you are focusing on management from a perspective of empowering and ensuring that those who report to you feel as empowered as they are to solve the problems they face as well as giving them a natural 5 minutes a week to sit down and reflect on the workload from the past week. Not only can I do that with this product, but in many cases this product has given my team the ability to give me insights into situations I mat not be aware of.

The business problem I am solving with 15Five is the need we have as upper management to monitor the progress and problems of our consultants while giving them the ability to remain completely autonomous in their work.

15Five review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Global HR Director"

What do you like best?

User experience and all modules: OKRs, 15Fives, 1:1s, Reviews, HighFives - the best managerial tools I've ever seen.

It's my second company where I implement 15Fives and I highly recommend it to all my students since I also have Online HR courses

What do you dislike?

Can't say I dislike something. I would say I rather hungry for new features, like employee skills profile, personal development plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First start from 15Fives and HighFives,

Continue with Review within 1 month

Add Objectives 1 month later

Introduce 1:1 1 month later

Don't start all in one at once, give your people time to learn how to work and they will love it!

Performance management, retention, engagement, communication, alignment

15Five review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Creating alignment on what matters most"

What do you like best?

15Five allows for alignment of objectives and key results so there is visibility across teams and we can help each other out in achieving those objectives. I also really like having one spot to track progress on those objectives on a weekly basis and being able to keep all of my 1-1 notes and discussion topics in one place.

What do you dislike?

I want to be able to add notes for each specific discussion topic in my 1-1s, not just one section for the entire conversation. I'd also like to be able to assign people and dates to action items in 1-1s. It would also be great to have the same capabilities for team meetings so everything is in one spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get everyone in the company using it as requirement to get the most out of it and to see the value of goal alignment

Cross-functional business alignment on goals and priorities

15Five review by Niranjana N.
Niranjana N.

"Its a great resource for keeping track of accomplishments "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this allows me to keep track of every process, task or objective my team is working on. I also love the ability to add additional accomplishments in a week.

What do you dislike?

I do not like to update the % completion of my objectives every week. There are weeks with no progression on some of these objectives, but I cannot submit my 15Five, without changing the % completion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

15Five is a great product for Companies trying to make personnel management a breeze. It literally takes me 15 minutes to fill out my goals for the week. And it takes me almost 5 minutes to review my team's tasks, goals and objectives. This is good solution to introduce your team to accountability, ownership and accomplishments.

We are trying to solve the problem of resource allocation, resource prioritization in a small company like ours with limited resources.

Some of the benefits I have realized personally, and for my team are : understand why certain tasks were not completed, understand the focus areas for following week. Create a project plan for certain tasks, that are lagging behind.

15Five review by TJ R.
TJ R.

"Simple But Powerful Way to Bring Teams Together"

What do you like best?

15Five is a great solution to help my team better communicate and share how each individual is REALLY doing: what's going on with them psychologically/emotionally, what challenges they're facing, what successes they're having, etc... it's a powerful tool that I'm learning can help us drive the best culture we can.

The product is simple enough that it never takes long to share/review some behind-the-scenes information, and it provides a remarkable channel to provide employees / team members / direct reports with what they need: feedback, validation, recognition, etc...

To be honest, we can't say enough good about the company behind the product either.

What do you dislike?

I've had a very occasional issue with responses saving, though to be fair it may have more to do with my wifi connection (I travel) than a bug. Most of what I struggle with in 15Five are problems of our own creation -- we initially required TOO many responses, which made the filling out of 15Five a chore after some time for many employees... we've also reused the same questions that were meant to be novel / charming / thought provoking too many times and they've become redundant. Nothing that can't be fixed/trained.

We'd also like a little deeper functionality/reporting around OKRs, but 15Five is constantly iterating so we never worry about getting more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that your success in the product is going to come from driving adoption internally. It won't fix issues, and while the product is simple and intuitive, adoption still requires commitment by leadership.

The primary business problems we're solving w/ 15Five:

1 -- Giving employees a consistent channel to voice and share their thoughts/fears/successes/challenges/ideas... it's something that didn't used too happen in our startup as we often have to move at such a frenzied pace, we didn't historically take time to analyze how we're actually doing.

2 -- Collecting the data in such a way that leadership/management can actually consume and digest the data in a reasonable amount of time. Another HUGE benefit; 1:1s still can't be beat, but we have a pulse on our team more regularly and are aware of challenges/successes we would have otherwise missed.

15Five review by Alysha S.
Alysha S.

"15five - The savior for our remote team!"

What do you like best?

That the customer service is quick to responding, super friendly, and always looking for feedback. They really do not compare to any other service reviewed. They're always quick, polite, and willing to jump on a call to make sure we are comfortable, find what we are looking for, or to announce and teach us new features. WHO DOES THAT??

What do you dislike?

I really can't sit here and think of something I don't like - It has an app that reminds you, gives great update emails, and always takes feedback when you have something developmentally that we'd like to see!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have questions? Use their quick service! They're always so friendly.

We are a remote team of 10ish people with multiple levels of managers, interns, and hourly employees - Being able to use the 15five to discuss topics, set objectives, and use the program to ask the important questions and take temperatures of the teammates whether they are in the same office or an ocean away.

15Five review by Jeremiah H.
Jeremiah H.

"Great Way To Set Goals "

What do you like best?

I am not a typical manager. I am much less interested in managing people by keeping them under a tight thumb. With 15/5 it allows us to set goals and track them from an eagle eye view. It allows freedom for the employee in not feeling I am breathing down their neck.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about this product. It works well and with the mobile integration and notifications, it's super easy to set reminders for myself and my employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it. Like anything, this is only a tool. If you are unorganized and not good at setting standards and goals this will be a great tool. However, you have to stick with it.

Our one on one meetings are much more efficient and direct.

15Five review by Khalid  Z.
Khalid Z.

"15Five Review from End User"

What do you like best?

For me it is something to look forward to. I enjoy the structure and valuable thought it sparks within me, it helps me focus on the things that need doing and take away clear action items week to week, and it helps me have transparent and insightful discussions with my leadership and peers.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike to be honest. I think the user interface could maybe use a little more zest but that's it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it - it's a game changer and a huge value add to any organization that cares about recognition, performance and engagement.

One major problem it has solved for me is allowing weekly updates and reviews whereas before they were inconsistent and the information from a call is obviously not easily referenced as is pulling up a historical 15Five. Benefits are that communication both upstream and downstream are current and transparent and there is no longer a silo effect as I would call it.

15Five review by User
View Original

"Great to keep your finger on pulse of your team and goals organized!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see my whole team's answers in one place, that I can add items to 1:1s, and assess team morale quickly and easily. I love that team members can mention other team members and give them a "high five". Great for engagement!

What do you dislike?

So far I have nothing I dislike. I'm adding more features to my use of the product each month it seems. We are now utilizing 15 Five for objectives and Key Results, as well as Best self Reviews and so far have no challenges or issues.

It helps departments stay on top of employee engagement, recognition, and also goal management. In addition it provides an easy way to ensure employee reviews are worthwhile and well managed. The Best Self Reviews are easy to fill out, have solid questions that push the employee and manager to think deeply about the employees contributions and challenges. They are also easy to track.

15Five review by Jenner P.
Jenner P.

"Exceptional "

What do you like best?

The fact that I can have a page where I can share my thoughts, goals, issues, directly with my manager is an exceptional tool in order to not only gain a better relationship but also keep you focused on your goals. I appreciate the fact that you could also send shoutouts to team members who are crushing it on the floor and recognize the hardwork of your team members. Love the fact that you can also see the high five activity of other people within your organization.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an assigned area where you can organize specific comments, quotes or mentions in different folders for ease of use. For people who are starting off and getting a feel for the service, it would be helpful to provide them with a tutorial or guide on how to get things set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work

Able to have a transparent platform which allows me to communicate seamlessly with my boss and coworkers.This has sparked a more fufilling culture in the office environment as it provides a way to recognize each other and motivate each to get things done. Set reminders are helpful to remember when to complete a 1:1 session before its due.

15Five review by Jeannie T.
Jeannie T.

"15Five is p cool :O"

What do you like best?

HighFives! :) - I always like giving high fives to my coworkers and receiving high fives. It adds to the feeling of comaderie (sp) in which.

Slack integration - Its really cool to see my coworkers highfiving each other in our #people channel

What do you dislike?

Nothing to really dislike, if anything there's one thing that I'm pretty sure its a setting on the administrative end: sometimes there are too many questions for me to answer, that are required. I often fall into the trap of not filling them out on a weekly basis when I should be :(

Other than that, it would be nice to link a HighFive to the weekly 15Five form. Sometimes I high five on the High Five tab, but then when I go fill out my 15Five, I can't link the previously filled high five(s) to it. And would want to avoid HighFiving duplicates to same coworkers (mainly to not spam them with notifications).

Easy to plan out my in-person 1-1 with my manager.

15Five review by Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.

"Great Tool to share thoughts, ideas and promote change"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can write what I am working on, things that are of concern and just general ideas to help company processes. It's a way to think about the things I work on and put them in a journal or report form. This is a one-way connection to my manager who is at a different location and I enjoy his likes and comments on what I am working on or when he gets involved to implement my suggestions or ideas.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes repeating the same tasks. Same questions become tedious and I'm always trying to make it feel different even though it may sound the same as last week's 15Five. Variety of questions would be nice to think of other things and share other observations such as "what was your biggest achievement this week?" or "what is your biggest obstacle this week?" etc.

General tasks in the organization for a more streamlined process. A lot of process improvement ideas to benefit the customer and sales. Improving our website presence and Pardot/Salesforce techniques not used for sales. The benefit is to speak of these instances in order to promote change. This helps to strive for excellence in our process and thinking outside of the box to make those changes. Another way to voice your opinions, ideas and thoughts without judgement.

15Five review by Parul G.
Parul G.

"Helpful Tool to Keep Things on Track"

What do you like best?

1-1's, talking points and action items.

It ensures that we wrap up the 1-1 on a note where we are clear what is intended to be discussed and expected outcome. A lot of times, without this tool, employees/managers do not make the best out of the 1-1 conversation and at times it results in a lack of trust in the process

What do you dislike?

I feel 15Fives are too frequent for the team set up I am working in. A lot of times we just need to dev process to follow without devs needing to break in and writing the review every two weeks.

It feels redundant to fill in details like the value they've added in past 2 weeks when probably their code was more of a spike or we had to scratch that off despite a lot of efforts put into an outcome was only self-learning.

A month or every six weeks is a good time for such self-reviews where it is significant enough time to look back and see the result of their efforts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Organisations with agile development must use this as a lot is moving so fast, it makes employees feel safe that their inputs and concerns are being recorded in a way such that it can contribute to their growth and they can look back at how it is making sense for them

It is very handy in setting clear expectations amongst management and employees

Setting objective key results and following up on those

Keeping track of performance

15Five review by viktoria h.
viktoria h.

"simple but brilliant"

What do you like best?

reminders! i love how it makes me remember to track my progress week to week and how it am able to track myself. also highfives! makes me like my company better to see that colleagues appreciate each other this much.

What do you dislike?

well its not something that 15 five could do better but definitely you need to make sure that managers are as enthusiastic to use this for reviews as other employees. otherwise its only half useful, if it does not drive conversations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a one stop shop . gets everyone on the same page. even if your manager does not use it for reviews this will be your best friend tracking your responsibilities. if your manager uses it for reviews every week this will definitely help you drive the right conversations on task management and well being,. oh and nearly forgot the best. getting casual highfives is the best feeling. you dont need to buy chocolates for those who had been helpful. and every week you are encouraged to help others as well so you can earn that thank you and get a little high five every week. its like a little surprise, a little christmas every week. and this also drives you and others to be their very best.

everything is in one place and digitalised. finally i can get rid of my to do lists store d in 3 different places, which i would lose or forget anyway.

15Five review by Sophie S.
Sophie S.

"Bringing us closer"

What do you like best?

That I can sum up my week to my bosses, who are in another state, and leave nice messages for anyone in the company. It also helps me stay on track with goals.

What do you dislike?

In the over a year I have used this service I can't think of anything that I dislike about it. I have had a few moments where navigating was a bit tricky, but that was my error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you won't be displeased.

It keeps me in touch with my bosses and colleagues even when we're all extremely busy. It helps me keep on track with my goals for the week.

15Five review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"Simple; Speedy; Tailorable"

What do you like best?

It's a quick and simple way to communicate status while out of the back office. Easy, simple interface makes weekly/biweekly submissions easy to complete. Better than just a calendar reminder to send a status and another email that gets lost in the sea, 15Five is enjoyable to use. With interaction alerts, I also see when my VP has read the input I provide. Always nice to know that one's input has been reviewed. ;)

What do you dislike?

Follow-up alerts: I had a follow-up marked in a Client interaction that went uncovered for months until I was clicking around and discovered it. True--this is not the place I'd expect to look for client triggers, but if I mark something for follow-up, a nudge would be nice to say, "Hey, how's that progressing?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

The consistency of team-based goals and evaluations/feedback based on those goals, and the FREQUENCY of input and interaction alone make this a fantastic product. Try it!

We have consultants out at client sites all over, and it's not possible or convenient to come in for a meeting with one's Consultant Manager frequently. This tool keeps us connected.

15Five review by Maureen H.
Maureen H.

"Great Product and Morale Booster"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of 15Five is great. The questions are relevant and get me excited to be candid and organized with my boss. The "give a high-five" at the end of the weekly questionnaire adds value to the company by calling out the positives that other employees have made from the week prior and gives credit where credit is often lost in the cracks.

What do you dislike?

If my week is too busy to submit the 15Five on time, I feel like there can be a little leeway in the timing.

The business problems that are being solved are being completely candid, throwing ideas out there, letting everyone know your priorities for the following week and it makes HR not necessary in a smaller company, saving the company money.

15Five review by Jesse L.
Jesse L.

"Fantastic and effective way to organize and communicate my thoughts and accomplishments"

What do you like best?

15Five is exactly what I need to succeed in my position. It keeps me accountable to my superiors, as well as myself.

What do you dislike?

It's a one-trick pony for our application... The ability to incorporate video or audio from my boss would be a benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is designed to show immediate results. It is a highly effective tool to track performance, maintain accountability, and organize thoughts.

I am able to keep myself accountable through checklists. I am able to look back and see patterns of work based on what needed to get done during the year. I can be as brief or explanatory as I want.

15Five review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Love it! "

What do you like best?

15Five helps our team stay organized and communicate about the most important issues in a timely manner. I love that it contributes to our culture of positivity as well with the "High Five" feature.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like about 15Five, but I wish it could track PTO. That would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would love it if 15Five could track PTO for our employees.

I love that we get constant feedback from our employees to know if they are happy. If they aren't happy, it's very clear in 15Five and we can address how to make that employee happier and improve employee retention.

15Five review by Katy R.
Katy R.

"Great tool for taking the pulse"

What do you like best?

I love for everything to be organized and compartmentalized, and 15Five definitely fulfils that for me. I love the fact that I can easily keep track of what topics were covered in my last 1:1 and can publicly give shout outs to team members who I collaborate with.

What do you dislike?

I wish the tabs set up a bit differently, sometimes I find myself going through each tab to find which one has my 1:1 notes etc. Could be a bit more user friendly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for promoting engagement and collaboration between employees and to manage team/employee meetings.

I keep myself accountable based on my 15Five progress, and it also gives my manager the ability to have a record of discussion points and KPIs.

15Five review by Administrator

"Excellent source of company relationship building and keeping productivity running smooth."

What do you like best?

I have used 15five for year. My teams get so much communication done through 15five. Also tracking the health of staff...are the overworking, underworking...are they burnt out. So helpful as a manager.

What do you dislike?

Would love comments to be able to integrate with ToDoist, Asana or Slack...turn something into a task from 15five!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most think an email would do the trick. With 15five you can track progress through the pulse dashboard...you also have an easy and fast way to encourage each other with High Fives. You can take poles so much more! It's worth a little time setting it up for the Admin...and your whole team is will move into fast productivity and relationship building.

Mainly people time management problems. Seeing work loads and hours works...seeing someone say they feel 1-2 every week is a red flag...but we wouldn't know this without the open communication source.

15Five review by Brittni K.
Brittni K.

"15Five is dope."

What do you like best?

15Five allows our company to communicate across offices and teams. We use it to hold each other accountable to tasks and growth. Our questions are strategic and thoughtful to each team and position in order to identify challenges, wins, cross-team benefits, etc. The information we glean from 15Five helps us in time and project prioritization, tapping into the emotional wellness of our team and providing a place for continued company culture.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more back end analytics. We get such good information but it's subjective--I'd like to track data patterns amongst teams to get another angle on how our team is performing and feeling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Identify where your team is having issues and cater questions to those

- Don't require more than 5-10 questions weekly

- switch up the questions monthly or at a cadence you prefer

- Segment the questions and cater them specifically to company position, role or team

- Communication across a growing team and multiple offices

- Identifying challenges, weakness or frustrations

- Continued company culture

- More informed decisions for profit sharing, employee praise, bonuses, etc.

15Five review by Maria C.
Maria C.

"A great way to track work while reporting performance"

What do you like best?

Writing out goals and tasks for the week beforehand, as well as giving the option to add tasks as you complete them, is really crucial for both tracking work and completing tasks, as well as keeping track of all the work that's completed. Specifically, it's great for those tasks that are somewhat nebulous and cannot be tracked through Salesforce. The interface is very easy to use, and customizable in terms of notifications.

What do you dislike?

My only real complaint is that it forces you to report something you were struggling with during the week. There have been weeks where I honestly haven't had any issues or complaints, so I just kind of had to make something up to submit the form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay on top of it! Make sure that you're adding information as you go. It's much easier to add things in that way rather than do so at the end of the week.

In a role that had a lot of different tasks and not a great way to track them, this software has a major benefit of giving management a quantifiable report on what work was done.

15Five review by Coleen B.
Coleen B.

"A great way to automate performance management"

What do you like best?

I like how it allows us to set an agenda for a 1-1 discussion, but also helps identify cultural patterns and issues within the company over time.

As a remote company it's hard to give feedback, especially given that we are on separate time zones. The high fives make it easy to shout out those who are making our work lives better :)

What do you dislike?

I feel like a missing element is the ability to capture feedback on the company more effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Establish a good cadence for using this tool across the department first, and make it a habit.

15five helps foster better alignment between manager and direct report at a remote company. It would be nice to leave private feedback for other teams or the company as a whole instead of just directly to my manager or by means of a high five.

15Five review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Effective"

What do you like best?

I like that it is an open forum to speak with your superiors without physically having a one-on-one. Granted, that is the best form of communication, but many times schedules do not permit.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about using 15Five. I really enjoyed the fact that you can "high five" people for doing an awesome job. I liked the notifications - from the reminders to the ability to tag others in your post. I also liked the fact that not only your manager having the ability to view and comment on it, but people higher on the chain and even the CEO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no recommendations - I think it's a great and powerful tool, and not obnoxious. We had to do it weekly, but I'm sure that depends on the company.

It's great for your managers to see what you are working on and what issues you may be encountering, and offer some insight.

Learn more about 15Five Continuous Performance Management

15Five Continuous Performance Management Videos

Learning about 15Five Continuous Performance Management?

* We monitor all 15Five Continuous Performance Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.