17hats

17hats is a client management software that help entrepreneurs do the work anytime, anywhere from sending contracts to payment reminders, accepting signatures and credit cards online and it integrates with calendar and email.

Work for 17hats?

Learning about 17hats?

17hats Reviews

Ask 17hats a Question
Showing 40 17hats reviews
17hats review by <span>Jo-Anne P.</span>
Jo-Anne P.

Great Small Business CRM

What do you like best?

When I was looking at CRM options, none of them covered everything I wanted. And most still required me to enter the same data over and over in multiple programs that weren't really compatible. When I tried 17hats, it had nearly all the items I was looking for and little need for other programs/ integrations. Since I started using it several years ago, it has added a tremendous number of features and now can even have multiple users.

What do you dislike?

The accounting portion of the program is weak, so I still have to use a separate program. It integrates with Quickbooks only, and I HATE Quickbooks. The multi-user functions still needs some improvement as well with the way it handles emails. Not a big deal for us, but I think it could be problematic for larger companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you get the free trial, really set up the various components and get into all the options.

I had a problem with keeping track of leads prior to using 17hats, as well as keeping track of where my projects were in process. I now have a lead generation page on our website that automatically enters into 17hats, then creates a workflow that keeps me on task, lets me send out stock quotes and contracts, invoices and questionnaires. There are features that I didn't know I needed, but that have made me much more organized.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 17hats
17hats review by <span>Davide D.</span>
Davide D.

It allows me to weary my 17 hats IN STYLE!

What do you like best?

I love that it's a simple layout and design - EASY to use - integrates EFFORTLESSLY with Quickbooks and Stripe - has truly made my invoicing a cinch, and everyone who receives my invoices loves it and comments about it!

What do you dislike?

I wish it would allow PayPal payments AND Stripe at the same time - but it's not a big deal. LOVE that it allows EChecks easily.

I haven't explored it entirely - but I don't love the CRM tool - it seems like a lot of work - perhaps I just need more education on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

17hats solved so many issues for me when I originally set my business up in this country. It's true to its name - and there are so many possibilities and tools within the platform. I love it and recommend it without hesitation!

Allows me to invoice clients with beautiful integration to my QuickBooks - saves me a lot of time, and looks great.

What Other Sales solution do you use?

17hats review by <span>Lucy K.</span>
Lucy K.

Is 17hats the CRM for you?

What do you like best?

I love the workflows that I can create that includes emails, reminders, etc. It has helped me buy back time in my business and I am not constantly recreating the same email or questionnaire or whatever. I also love that I can send invoices through the 17hats portal and there is no additional fee involved. I can even connect my Quickbooks account so that all my invoicing and payments are housed together.

What do you dislike?

I can't customize any of the fields and so I have had to create some "workarounds". You are limited in how you categories your contacts. You have to attach a contact to a "project" otherwise you can't create notes, send emails, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really think about your "must-haves" versus "it would be nice if" in terms of which CRM you are choosing to use in your business. The right CRM will help you build your business - it's not just a digital tool.

This has streamlined my process with leads and clients and saved me time. I now have best practices in place in terms of dealing with my contacts. I can stay connected with my clients and others.

17hats review by <span>Jessica E.</span>
Jessica E.

Phenomenal Software

What do you like best?

I love how professional this software is. The client portal puts me way ahead of my competitors. The simplicity of capturing leads, converting them to clients, and managing projects is incredible.

What do you dislike?

The mobile experience is terrible. Updates are said to be coming very soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is fantastic. The CEO even pops in to the Facebook user group to listen and help. This is great for photographers, event planners, and entertainers. I would advise looking elsewhere if you need a full point of sale/detailed inventory tracking, or if you are a healthcare practice as it is not HIPAA compliant.

17hats enables me to focus more on my clients and less on the administration. The automation features give the client a feel of working with a large company, while they get the attention and service of a small business.

17hats review by <span>Melissa Z.</span>
Melissa Z.

Intuitive and Full of Features - but It's Pricey

What do you like best?

17hats is easy to figure out, even if you skip the demos and tutorials (which I did). The interface is intuitive and I was able to set up client accounts and projects in just a few minutes. I like the the various to-do lists, the ability to send invoice reminders, and the way the bookkeeping transactions can be organized by account. Overall, a streamlined experience from start to finish.

What do you dislike?

The dealbreaker for me was pricing. It's cheaper to commit to an annual plan, but I just didn't have the funds to do that when I was getting my company started. I opted for the monthly fee of $29 for the first year, but then 17hats upped the price to a whopping $37 a month - a pretty massive increase. Options like Wave and Freshbooks have free and/or substantially cheaper options (although theirs don't include the CRM features that 17hats has) so I couldn't keep justifying the cost. I deleted my account today and switched over to Wave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for - the software has everything you need to run a very small business effectively. It's nice to have your whole business housed in one software. I switched to another software because 17hats had more features than I really needed and I preferred to just save some money each month.

17hats helped me closely track expenses and tax deductions so I could keep the business profitable and write off as much as possible when tax season rolled around. The option to run P&L reports and supply everything to my tax accountant was very helpful.

17hats review by <span>Dave B.</span>
Dave B.

Excellent Platform

What do you like best?

Fantastic platform. They're always taking suggestions from their users, and updating their platform accordingly. 17Hats has saved me hours and hours of time be allowing me to make templates for just about everything: Contact / Lead Capture Forms, Quotes, Contracts, Invoices, Emails, Calendar & PayPal Integration, and much more. Managing my business before was manual, tedious, unprofessional, and time consuming before I found this website. Thank you for making my job 10 times easier, more professional, more reliable and less stressful. 10 Stars – DJ AFINO

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It works great. They are always taking feedback to help improve their platform. I'm excited to see what they do next to improve the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up the software. Tinker with it. Experiment. I had to do some things to really make it work right for me, but that's to be expected when using anything that works for a large number of different businesses out there. Set it up to work seamlessly with your business, and make whatever necessary changes you have to along the way. Tweak it. Don't give up on the platform right away because it takes some time to setup and customize. It will work if you put in the time to make it work.

All of the points listed above: 17Hats saves me time, keeps me organized, provides a more professional way for my clients to interact with me and provide to me information that allows me to complete their project in the most effective way possible. The templates are fully customizable. Great software to work with on a day to day basis.

Learning about 17hats?

* We monitor all 17hats reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.