4.7

1Password remembers your passwords for you — and helps you make them stronger. All your secrets are secure and always available, safe behind the one password that only you know.

Work for 1Password?

Learning about 1Password?

1Password Reviews

Ask 1Password a Question
Showing 494 1Password reviews
1Password review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"Best Cross Utilized Password Service"

What do you like best?

Contracting for multiple companies where I require a multitude of access, this has been the most utilized one with all clients. The fact that I can easily be added to another company's account to gain the access I need, while maintain our company internal information and specific personal passwords I want to store, makes this the best service I've used yet. It so easily integrates with any browser I've tried but also has allowed me to setup protocals in the event of disaster recovery.

What do you dislike?

Also, while I appreciate it from a security standpoint, having to log back in after being inactive for a few minutes can be a pain when I'm rushing through various servers and sites I need to access.The only other drawback right now is server side authentications through htaccess, which generates a popup box on top of the browser, which 1Password doesn't recognize so will not allow you to fill in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at what you are really going to use it for. Like any product there are some drawbacks, but if you measure the pros and cons I think you'll find this is one of the better solutions, especially for multiple devices and is great for any size teams.

I get access quickly to client accounts I need but I can also share internal login and passwords to my team instantly and more securely than email or by messenger. Also, since I utilize a desktop, a laptop, tablet, and my phone in my day to day work life, it's made it easier to make sure I have access on demand when I need it no matter which device I'm on.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 1Password
1Password review by Lucas B.
Lucas B.

"Value of Team Collaboration for Password Management"

What do you like best?

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest.

- Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to.

- Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members don’t need to wait around for changes to propagate to their user’s access.

- Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

What do you dislike?

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesn’t say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isn’t apparent within their UI.

- Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the annual pricing model is annoying, sharing is built into the core of their solution and worth the annual subscription.

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled.

While my brother and I both our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

1Password review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"The Gold Standard for Password Management"

What do you like best?

I've used 1Password since before it was a subscription product. I don't mind paying for it monthly now, as it has remained updated, secure, accessible, and easy to use all this time. The ability to store information other than passwords is useful, as well as the secure browser and ability to paste username/password info into both 1Password's secure browser and other supported browsers. Great all-around program and worth the small monthly fee,

What do you dislike?

Transferring database access to a new device can be a bit tricky sometimes, but customer support has always been helpful if I needed their assistance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it without reservation.

When my wife and I ran our own business, we went from keeping all the various database and business account password on a sheet of notebook paper (oh-so-secure) to 1Password, based on my prior experience with it. It was more secure and saved time when time was money. Even though our business is no more, it converted my wife over to using the program after trying to get her to use it for years.

1Password review by Дмитрий .
Дмитрий .

"1Password for password management"

What do you like best?

I like the program 1Password I like the fact that I can use the program on iOS - iPhone and on Windows - PC.

I also like the fact that I can use the extension for Google Chrome. It is very convenient.

I also like the fact that I can store documents in 1Password.

I keep in 1Password copies of my documents: passport, id, photos of credit cards.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that when saving passwords via Google Chome, 1Password saves a lot of unnecessary information to my safe. I would like 1Password to save only the login and password.

I also do not like the fact that in order to view a saved photo, I need to first save it to my computer in a public folder.

I also do not like the fact that 1Password cannot change passwords on websites. For example, I wanted 1Password to change the password for Google Mail every six months and save the password to my safe.

I also don’t like the fact that I can’t use Windows Hello to log in to 1Password.

I also do not like the fact that in the safe there is no separation into important and non-important passwords. Such an option would speed up the opening of the password list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend using 1Password, since there are no serious bugs in the program.

I use 1Password to store passwords, documents, and files.

1Password review by Tyler G.
Tyler G.

"1Password"

What do you like best?

The features that really get me excited about 1 Password, is it's ability to generate passwords for each individual login and save them within the application. The fact that you don't have to remember each individual password and it makes strong secure passwords is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I would say that some time so much information is in there, that it kind of gets confusing on what is actually going on. If we are being honest I truly don't comprehend how everything happens but it continues to log me in to everything so I will take it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1 Password allows you to have passwords shared across your organization without the risk of the password being exposed. Valuable tool for companies and people looking to be responsible with their passwords.

1 Password was able to solve security problems at my company. The fact that it creates passwords that are not easy to crack as well as allows you to share passwords across the company. This allows for the companies to have secure passwords that are not at risk of being exposed.

1Password review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"1Password to the rescue!"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about 1Password is how easy it is to set up and share with my co - workers and my family as well.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this product is that, the plans are pretty expensive when you start using the business plans,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it's cross platform, you are able to use 1Password within your Apple devices such as; Macbooks, iMac's, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch as well as Windows, Android, on the chrome browser and even online!

We had a lot of accounts including, social media, bank accounts and other login information / passwords for our organization and for the programs that we offer, we were trying to find a way so if we bring another person to the team, they will be able to have given access rather than having that valuable information typed in Notion.so since it's unsafe. With 1Password, we were able to share specific information through vaults, were we can share only social media accounts, wifi passwords, and other useful info like building numbers too.

1Password review by Marc V.
Marc V.

"The most friendly password manager. "

What do you like best?

I've used others password managers but for me 1Password is as secure, reliable as other but have:

.- the easiest user interface

- the best integration in web pages and also on mobile devices

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price, it's no expensive but I would prefer it was free. Even though I think that it's a correct price versus the competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to avoid the typical headaches (lost passwords, share passwords securely across a team, ...) you need a Password manager.

1Password is a most easy tool if you wan't spend a lot of time in config your system. It's easy to use, secure and reliable as other tools.

I user 1Password on my business and also for my personal passwords.

With this tool you can:

- Forget your passwords. 1Password do this for you. With only One password you can access all your passwords.

- Mange yours passwords in a distributed way. You have available your passwords wherever you are. Also without Internet connection.

- Allow you share your passwords. This feature is useful in your business because you can centralise the password information of all your accounts (Data Base connection, Server logins, Services accounts login ...) and these are accesible the one sure way for all the team. But is also useful in your private life, because allow you share passwords with your family (Streaming video platforms, Streaming music platforms, ...).

- Control the privacy of your passwords. Allow you to create different vouchers and leave the voucher private only for you or share the voucher with the users that you want.

- Additional features of this password manager are:

- Allow fill your passwords in your web (have plugins for the most populars web browsers) and also in your mobile applications.

- Allow you manage no only passwords, you can store your credit cards, product licence, personal identifier documents, and else.

1Password review by Pritesh P.
Pritesh P.

"A Solid Password Manager - Room For Upgrades"

What do you like best?

With a single account, you can sync it across all your windows/android/iOS devices and create multiple vaults that can be separated out by identity if you have more than 1 login for for the same website or want to keep some passwords separate from the other. Love the ease in getting all accounts organized including having an option to have a local vault that isn’t synced across all devices

What do you dislike?

Speaking of their synchronizing, I’ve had many instances where the app didn’t push through updates. It’s not fun to have happe when you don’t have access to the other devices and 1Password hasn’t synced yet. They also don’t make it very easy to update the passwords if you’re someone who doesn’t like integrated autologins straight into your browser and it even less impressive with app password captures. Finally, I’m still unclear what watch tower does. I understand the functions but I still don’t think it does as much as it claims. When you could first sync with using it instead o iOS keychain, it was a MESS to say the least but they’ve since fixed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’m currently comparing this with RoboForm since I have the business level account with hem but may be too bulky for my current needs. I think if you yourself just need to separate out passwords and have a decent, affordable password manager that works on many OSs, it’s a great option. Works just as well if not better than LastPass, Dashlane, etc. RoboForm is pretty reliable too but a bit too big in its scope for just me;

I like testing products out to see how valuable and consumer focused they can be since I recommend these out often and use myself as a dummy test pilot. But like one that actually uses the service. All tea, all shade. Perhaps my technical knowledge isn’t as great to comment on it’s security capabilities over similarly tier services but I know that it helps with not using the same password across multiple accounts and you can run an audit to make sure you’re not leaving anything undone like using 2 factor or updating regularly.

1Password review by Katie G.
Katie G.

"Finally found a solution"

What do you like best?

Security, ability to share vaults, mobile capabilities, and the password generator. Solves for all my password organization needs. Had been looking for a tool like this for years and am so glad to have now found one! It's impossible to remember every password anymore because every site has specific requirements, so I love 1password for eliminating that stress. It is also not based on my web browser which is much better because many times I am using it for logging into apps on my phone.

What do you dislike?

Takes some getting use to at first. Not super intuitive, but once I understood all the capabilities it was easy. I have recommended 1password to a lot of people, but they usually need help understanding how to use it - the same way I was at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to make sure your users / employees understand how to properly use it, otherwise they will be frustrated and you will have wasted your money.

Our teams are able to share access to accounts based on permissions needed for specific projects, it makes for a more streamlined work flow. Huge time saver overall and peace of mind regarding security. Not stressed trying to remember which password combination I need to use for each thing.

1Password review by Andrzej K.
Andrzej K.

"1Password - My favorite password manager"

What do you like best?

+ Works on any available platform.

+ Cooperates with mobile systems.

+ Allows synchronization between devices.

+ Gives you the ability to synchronize with the browser.

+ Offers strong encryption of our passwords (AES-256).

+ Enables integration with the viewer.

+ 2FA.

+ Eye-friendly interface.

Trial plan + Trial plan.

+ 24/7 support.

+ 1 GB space for documents.

What do you dislike?

- No live chat.

- No free plan (trial only).

- No possibility to import saved passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you care about network security and want to protect your family or team, you should consider trying 1Password now, especially since a trial version is available.

Thanks to storing passwords in 1Password manager I can be safe about the fact that no unauthorized person will get access to them and additionally I can save important documents in it.

1Password review by James F.
James F.

"Been Using This For Years"

What do you like best?

The Security options are brilliant. It can make it a little hard to get into but it makes it very hard for someone to hack. You get given an encryption key that you have to enter in when you first login. I also like the Watchtower function that keeps you up to date on sites that have been hacked and which passwords you need to change. It's UI is very easy to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Its programs and a little sluggish on older macs. I use them on 2010 & 2011 Mac Mini's along with my 2015 Mac Book air and on the air it runs great but the older mini's struggle a bit. Also it's a little pricy for my business but still work using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recently looked at switching to Last Pass as they are slightly cheaper, but as we are mainly mac users and 1Password is originally a mac product and we are already established on it it didn't seem worth switching. I would suggest looking into the features of this verses others and work out which features you need. It integrates very different into the browser which is helpful so instead of living in the password field it is accessible via a browser button which is helpful for us.

We needed to share passwords across multiple computers and multiple users. 1Password has allowed us to fix this. It also sets up multiple Vaults or password storage so we can give accounting passwords to the accounting people and not the marketing people.

1Password review by Santhosh G.
Santhosh G.

"A kickass password management tool"

What do you like best?

One of the best tools that focusses on true User Experience and delight. Case in point here, is the integration of 1Password in the iOS keyboards. It is such a delight to fill the passwords or OTPs with this integration, when earlier it was such a pain point. A true example of how software can solve real world problems and give super power for mortals when you are surrounded by phishing sharks and hacking whales.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't like their subscription model. But I understand the need for having recurring business as a way forward. Still, the consumer in my is wailing to pay the one time fee and just forget everything.

A super cool password manager and authenticator. It is my lifeline to use Internet in a safe and secure manner.

1Password review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"In theory a great idea..."

What do you like best?

Allows you to store all your passwords and only remember one secure master password to access them all (and it syncs across devices, so you don't have to look them up each time in one place or ever be without access to your password records when you need to access something).

What do you dislike?

This product used to be free until about two years ago, which was great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about this product, buy now--the price only continues to go up (once free, and I'm not even sure if they have the lifetime subscription anymore which was a reasonable fee under $100).

Password security is a complex problem when you're required to regularly update passwords within your organization but still need to select secure passwords each time. This tool allows you to store all your passwords in one place (and continually update them) with one, secure master password to access them all.

1Password review by José Luis V.
José Luis V.

"Handy password manager"

What do you like best?

The best is that you can store several passwords in a single place where you manage keys of pages, emails, banks and any service, in a comfortable and safe way. It is also useful to manage license keys, account numbers, credit cards and even the IMEI of your phone. I have already left in the past what it means to forget passwords and the problems to recover them.

What do you dislike?

Realmente no he encontrado consideraciones, aunque al principio me gustaba que podía utilizarlo en iOS sin costo y ahora es un servicio de pago

The best thing I have solved is that I have all the passwords in one place and they are associated to each page or service and so I do not have to remember them or reset them

1Password review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Effortless Password Management"

What do you like best?

I've been using 1password for about five years. I use it on my mac and all of my devices to manage all of my important data. I have over 175 passwords, and over 600 secure items in total. I enjoy the ability to easily access my secure information and add create passwords that cannot easily be figured out. Most of all, I love that, to my knowledge, none of my passwords/accounts have ever been compromised. For that reason alone, it has been a useful and powerful application.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found many issues with 1password. This is the best way to manage a large amount of passwords and information. I wish I could establish a workflow to remove outdated information, or accounts that I no longer use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best Mac password management software that I have used. It is worth the 36/yr that they charge now.

Being a graphic and web designer, I need access to a lot of client website, design resource websites (i.e. stock photography, code snippets, etc.) If I had to try to remember over 175 passwords, I would be resetting in often. My office has four mac users and the rest are PCs. They are using Roboform, which is comparable to 1password, but doesn't have the nice design and interface of 1password.

1Password review by Stefan D.
Stefan D.

"Cross Platform Password Manager "

What do you like best?

The support of platforms and the integration into different apps and browsers is a great expirience.

Also the sync between the installed 1password apps on different platforms works without any problems.

I also find it very helpful to automatically detect websites that log in for the first time and save the login information immediately.

In addition, I find the rating of the password quality and the password generator very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the auto login functionality fails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only use the 1password website. Try the Mac and Windows App and the browser plugins for google Crome and/or Safari and the Apps for iPhone and iPad are also worth a look.

We work in teams with different colleges for several clients on their cloud platform CRM environment and manage all the required logins at our company with 1password to provide the logins at all time to the right persons.

1Password review by Silvio E.
Silvio E.

"Simple, effective and coherent password manager"

What do you like best?

1Password is a great multiplatform app, helping us coordinate the use through many devices. I had a chance to try the product several years ago, recommended by some articles in the internet. I was looking for a simple solution integrating my mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices. The product has been improving a lot since then and it is a great service now.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it could be easier to use, but it keeps improving. For users without some background on security, concepts may sound unfamiliar. It is just a matter of learn an use it. I am not sure about integrations with other apps (specially at corporate/enterprise environments).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very experienced company.

Now I can have more than 1000 passwords stored, not having to remember those. If a company is looking for a solution to integrate passwords in mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices, 1Password is great. At the enterprise level, I am unsure. Dows this product integrate with Active Directory policies? With other Security apps? With compliance requirements usually found at enterprises? Gotta check!

1Password review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"1Password keeps your passwords, and all your sensitive information, safe and handy"

What do you like best?

The integrations 1Password has between their own apps (desktop, and mobile) as well as browser extensions makes using 1Password a simple and seamless part of my everyday. Having safe and secure passwords is impossible unless you use a tool like this, and if you do use 1Password you don't need to worry about any of that anymore. I basically only need to remember one password now — the main password to get into my 1Password database.

What do you dislike?

every now and then I have had a problem where the browser extension didn't recognize that I had the app installed as well, and that is required for it to work. Turned out that just a simple restart of the computer jogged its memory and everything was working fine again. Other than that I have had no problems at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. Right now. Enter all your information and use it every day. It is so sad when I see people trying to remember their passwords and looking through spreadsheets they've made to organize their passwords. They end up locked out of their own stuff and have to reset the password, starting the cycle all over again.

I use 1Password to save secure passwords, login information, product and app serial numbers, order purchase numbers, bank account information — pretty much any sensitive data that I am not going to be able to remember on my own (and it would be a waste of mental energy to do so)

1Password review by Colin P.
Colin P.

"Best money I ever spent"

What do you like best?

It's not quite true that I only have to remember one password. I have to remember 2: one for work passwords and one for personal. But I have over 800 secrets that I *don't* have to remember, so that's a huge win.

It is a huge weight off my mind to have all those accounts using unique, long, randomly-generated passwords. When information on one of my accounts is leaked in a data breach (which has happened several times) I know that 1) I have a little bit of time to change the password because it's not easy to brute-force and 2) none of my other accounts will be compromised when that password is revealed.

What do you dislike?

Mobile Safari doesn't support plugins, so there is no way to automatically enter passwords on my iPhone. Some sites support 1Password directly, which is convenient, but most don't so using it on mobile almost always involves copy/paste. The built-in browser is fine, but it's hard to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account, so you can sync passwords between devices.

I work at in software development, and make extensive use of cloud services. 1Password makes it easy for my team to handle basic security procedures in even though we have a lot of disconnected accounts provided by many different companies. We don't need single sign-on, because we can manage many accounts.

1Password review by Dugan A.
Dugan A.

"Simple, secure and sensational!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manage passwords, and update passwords across all sites. I also use it a lot to create identities for mystery shopping purposes and use it a lot with credit and debit cards which saves me a lot of time as I can never find my wallet quickly to look at the actual cards themselves!

What do you dislike?

Don't fully understand how 1Password for IOS works and how it's meant to sync with the desktop version so have not yet started using the automatically generated passwords which are far stronger. I also use fingerprint ID all the time on my iPhone but it doesn't appear that 1Password offers this functionality yet as I always have to enter the master password when I want to use it. Filling passwords online using my phone is much more difficult but it becoming more and more usual so the better 1Password gets at working on mobile devices, the more I will use it, continue using it and recommend it to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best password manager I've come across and just need to figure out what product is needed to get it syncing across all platforms and devices

Don't have to waste time thinking about passwords. I can see the benefits in creating very secure passwords but haven't got the confidence to do that yet, and therefore am still using passwords I can remember, but these are not so secure and I recently had my Facebook account hacked because of this.

1Password review by Erica F.
Erica F.

"I don't know how a person lives without 1Password"

What do you like best?

Before 1Password just the subject of passwords was upsetting to me. I had so many and they were all over the place and sometimes my browser would remember them and sometimes not or I couldn't find them. And that wasn't very secure. The instant I got 1Password it the whole subject of security and passwords calmed down for me. Everything is safely located in one place that I can get to from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Somehow it seems that my phone doesn't have the same passwords in my 1password app as my computers do with the desktop version. At some point I'll have to figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever lose passwords, if you ever have gotten hacked, if you get frustrated logging into any site ever, the solution to your problems is 1Password.

All my clients' passwords to every single Wordpress site or social profile or Google Analytics or email subscription service or dropbox, EVERYTHING, is all neatly stored in one place so I can relax and not worry about forgetting or losing their passwords. Ever. It's amazing.

1Password review by Randy C.
Randy C.

"The best for 10 years +"

What do you like best?

Continued innovation. Listens to customers. Multi platform. Syncs over dropbox. Never lost data in over 10 years.

What do you dislike?

Trying to move to subscription model. Very few login pages aren't recognized. Unfortunately my bank is one of them. I must use a two step manual copy and paste of my user name on the first page of login. It's automatic after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using by one person attempt to buy the product one time then upgrade to newer versions when appropriate. If using by a team, the subscription model does have merits.

Passwords are more important that keys today. Each one should be different. 1Password allows me to easily provide each needed password on my Mac, Windows, and iPhone and they stay synced when changed on any platform. It automatically remembers a changed password when a website requires it and you are aware it is updating it when it does so. While I've never tried another product for password mgt., 1Password has never given me a reason to look elsewhere.

1Password review by Henry S.
Henry S.

"The only password manager I trust"

What do you like best?

I have been using 1password for about 8 years now. In that time I have felt like I actually have a handle on my personal security. The application makes it very easy to make sure all your online identities are safe and secure, and that is my primary goal in using the application.

The recent online sync services that have been created have been great.

The security architecture is also very open, and AgileBits have published a number of white papers outlining how their system works. This is exactly what I need to see in a password manager to ensure they have not cut corners or have left themselves open for attack.

What do you dislike?

Some people have complained that it is expensive, and I did when I first bought it, but looking back at how many years of excellent service I have had I have no reservations about spending the money that I did.

Also, there is excellent built in OTP/2 factor password support which works very very well, but is pretty hard to discover if you have never used it before. It would be nice if they could make it easier to find for new users, or perhaps suggest people use it if they detect a service supports OTPs?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, try out some of the advanced features. Also take into account the history of security incidents when considering password managers.

We use the "teams" product at work, to easily share authentication information with all staff members in a secure way. We can audit and revoke access very easily and the web-based administration interface for this is incredibly fast and pleasurable to use.

1Password review by Frederik S.
Frederik S.

"Luckily, I have no fucking clue what my passwords are"

What do you like best?

You don't need to think about passwords at all. I have 1Password on every device and and only need to memorize a single password to be able to login everywhere. On iOS it gets even better, since FaceID allows you to login to 1Password so fast, that it not even takes longer then typing a password by myself.

It also enables me to share passwords with my colleagues or family, so that my wife can use the same accounts as I do, without using an easy to remember password or taking notes on a post-it. It is also the best place to store all these customer numbers you get for every contract you sign. So every time you call a support hotline, the only thing you need is 1Password.

What do you dislike?

They provide to many updates. It feels like I cannot start 1Password without getting an update notification. I would like to reduce the notifications to only once a month or only important security updates.

Additionally the matching of the browser extension does not always work perfectly. Especially for Credit Cards I often need to add fields manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and get you colleagues or family to also use it. There is no better way to share passwords.

As a developer I need to log in to many systems of different customers and remembering all passwords is simply impossible. So 1Password enables me to actually work, instead of just searching passwords. The same goes with my colleagues, that I can share passwords with, without writing mails or notes for every single person.

1Password review by Steve T.
Steve T.

"We've been using 1Password since it was just a baby"

What do you like best?

1Password has a simple formula-based strong password creation, convenient autofills all of our MacOS and IOS passwords for third-party sites, tools to identify and change existing weak passwords (complexity, uniqueness, etc.), tools to identify compromised sites where password changes are needed, convenient 1-click forms fill for identities (our names, addresses, email, etc.) and for credit cards (numbers, expirations, codes), a very strong security model for protecting our private data (both technology and suggested workflows), and a first-class support team. As for the last feature, I have rarely had to use it, but on the occasions that I did, the 1-Password support was fast and effective. Now if I could only get them to train my cable company's support team the world would be a better place.

What do you dislike?

As an early adopter of 1Password, I am still under the one-time application fee purchasing model. So I get minor updates for free, and pay for major ones. I have been resistant to the newer subscription model because I have been trying to reduce the number of subscriptions that I manage. But the 1Password subscription pricing seems very fair to me, particularly since they are so active in continuing to improve the product over the years. So I'll probably switch to subscription at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is a very capable, yet easy to use way to manage your passwords and a lot of other private information. It also leads to to better security workflows. The only category of user that may want to look for alternatives is someone who spends little time on the web, only has a few passwords, and wants to change from their pet's name to something more secure. 1Password would work great for that application, but the value probably wouldn't justify the price.

We have been online since the invention of the web and have about 1,200 passwords to manage at this point. We couldn't stay secure without 1Password.

1Password review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Great for securing secrets for a family"

What do you like best?

I'm a subscriber to the 1passwords for families and I love the ability to have private credentials, as well as credentials that are shared with my spouse. Agile Bits really takes privacy of credentials seriously and reading their white paper on how they do shared credentials has really put my mind as ease.

What do you dislike?

The price per user could be lower - but that is such a minor complaint for the product they provide

I needed a secure way to store credentials for my entire family. The ability to easily generate complex passwords, but still have them easily accessible has been great. We keep all the kids' credentials in another vault that we all have access to. It's comforting knowing that if I forgot my master password I can recover it using the families features. It's great the the year costs include access to all versions of the product, both desktop and mobile.

1Password review by James C.
James C.

"This is my go-to password manager recommendation for friends and business colleagues"

What do you like best?

After 9 years, I can confidently say this software is under constant development and gets incrementally better year after year — without breaking — which is amazing given the security landscape.

What do you dislike?

I hate having to log in with the master password on my phone after a restart, but that's life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time asking friends in your industry. I've introduced a friend's law firm, and they adopted it. Ditto two other agencies. Again, ask friends in your industry if they use it and what they think. It has a medium price tag, but for security and peace of mind, we haven't looked back because it means strong passwords and administrators and clients who comply with the password rules.

I've been able to generate unique passwords for web clients, databases, and other online projects — generating hundreds of unique and sharable passwords each year. Having a central repository for all these passwords is a huge convenience and has made clients happy. We've never been compromised on any of our online campaigns for wont of a secure password.

1Password review by Neil B.
Neil B.

"Excellent software and easy to use day to day."

What do you like best?

The ease with which it allows use of proper secure passwords.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I am a purchase user rather than a subscriber, that came along much later - soI really hope my way of using the SW continues to exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and dive in.

Read up about how to set up a very secure 3 or 4 work master pass phrase.

Work out a way of noting that passphrase so you can always find it but others could not decrypt your note.

1Password just makes security so much easier to implement.

My story, I'd been using 1Password for years but not fully implementing its features. I was a very basic user - just felt my way in and used what I found - thought I was doing OK, but I now know its so much more than a simple password storage "vault"..

--- A few years ago I discovered that one of my online accounts was compromised [Vodafone, I reckon they were hacked] and 1Password helped me to recover with very practical steps.:

1: analyse all my duplicated and web passwords,

2: generate new proper secure ones,

3: use those myriad passwords day to day. I especially appreciate the browser and iOs plug ins.

1Password review by April M.
April M.

"Integral part of our teams day!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and usability of the browser extension as well as the app.

What do you dislike?

I'm the one in charge of getting it set up on all our team's devices. I 100% understand why there are hoops to jump through to validate everything but I wish it were a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is amazing. It was first recommended to me by an FBI agent working in cybersecurity years ago. It has remained one of, if not the top, product for protecting your information. After using it personally for years I have switched my entire team over to 1Password. Incredibly easy to train everyone on, make changes to, and the buy-in has been fantastic. I recommend 1Password to someone at least once a week. Couldn't be happier with their product.

I work in real estate and we have a million different login's, multiply that by having 10 agents on the team and 4 full-time admin staff and we have a lot to remember. 1Password has made it possible for us to save login information securely as well as have more control over who has access to what. If anyone ever leaves our team, it's a quick process to remove their access to all our secure data.

1Password review by Jean Jacques T.
Jean Jacques T.

"Great Multi Platform Cloud Password Manager"

What do you like best?

I love the easiness of use, it's very complete, multi platform and with multi device synchronization. I use Apple computers and Android devices and 1Password allows me to access my passwords and my clients' passwords from everywhere! It's a wonderful tool I use to recommend to my clients and friends.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite high. It could be cheaper, so more people could afford it and 1Password team could get more loyal customers and recommendations, spiking their sales and revenue.

If there was a way to unlock the computer version with the fingerprint, even by using the mobile phone, that would be awesome! I use already an App in my Android device to unlock my iMac with the fingerprint from the mobile phone and it saves me a lot of time, because I lock the screen every time I stand up from the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to manage passwords from multiple devices: Computer, mobile phones and tablets. You always have them at hand. It's very easy to use and if you have fingerprint sensor in your mobile phone, you can access your passwords in a breeze!

I need to manage safely all the passwords from the accounts of my clients, my personal and business passwords. I create web pages and offer web hosting accounts, so this tool is a must to have in such a job. 1Password helps me in my job by storing the passwords encrypted in the cloud, so I can access them securely no matter where I am in the World.

1Password review by Eileen O.
Eileen O.

"Indispensable tool"

What do you like best?

1password is the second password management tool I've used. I started with Web Confidential about 15 years ago (i've been a longtime devotee of password management). I loved Web Confidential but with the advent of multiple devices it was hard to keep things synced - and that's when I jumped ship to 1password (I was an early adopter, as a Mac user). Over the years it has consistently improved and has always been very responsive to the needs/complaints/recommendations of us end users. Now I have it on my laptop and smartphone and use 1password.com to sync things. I use it to store all sorts of info beyond passwords: banking info. personal identity info, software licenses. If it has a login or password, 1password can help.

What do you dislike?

I have run into occasional glitches in syncing. Currently I use 1password.com which is fee-based ($2.99/month). It works pretty well. My current biggest issue is with the iPhone X and facial ID. It has a pretty uneven track record, in my experience. I have had to remove and reinstall the app a few times and also end up having to reenter the 1password.com password often. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance. I had no trouble with Touch ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have multiple sync options if you don't want to pay $2.99/month to 1password.com. You can also sync to Dropbox or iCloud. Super cool new feature: Travel Mode, which protects your data from unwanted searches (you need a 1password subscription for this).

I provide website support and have a lot of ftp and app passwords to manage. 1password makes that all very simple. It has also helped in the creation of more secure passwords (the password generator is a great tool). Using their password audit I can easily update old/vulnerable passwords.

1Password review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Secure and portable"

What do you like best?

I keep password and important scanned documents securely on the web, so I can access using a phone, laptop, desktop, and share info with my wife using the same account. I keep scans of my passport, birth cert, visas, bank info, and all sorts of other info that I can email to people when applying for a job or if I need to show someone proof: and all from my phone! It's also useful for remembering web site logins of course, and I can auto fill credit card ino on web pages.

What do you dislike?

When the app updates I have to download scanned documents from the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait any longer. Choose the web option so you can use one datasource for multiple devices and more easily sync.

Secure information when I travel, knowing the iphone is fingerprint secure and that 1password is an extra layer of security on important info, using my fingerprint to access it.

1Password review by Colleen W.
Colleen W.

"1Password: one of my top 5 favorite programs of all time"

What do you like best?

1Password will meet you wherever you are. Just starting out? You get to throw away that piece of paper and get yourself an actual, safe system for saving and tracking passwords. More comfortable with the process? Add tags, folders and flexible searchability.

I keep my life in 1Password: literally ALL my passwords, plus my all of my sensitive information (account numbers, auto details, client info, etc).

I love having ONE unique password to remember for ALL passwords, and sync-ability between laptop & iOS. Don't ever (ever!!) want to go back to the way it was.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. I do fear being bonked on the head, losing my memory, and forgetting my master password. I haven't come up with a way to hand off the "keys" to my life in the event of my sudden and untimely demise; I'll have to think through the 1Password aspect of things.

Also, I prefer buying software to subscription, and have been able to get by with that so far (i.e., updates keep being provided, the software is viable). But if push came to shove, I'd probably subscribe rather than go without.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask yourself how much you'd lose in both time & money if someone hacked one of the many, many sensitive sites you visit. If you're being honest, the cost of 1Password is a pittance against that loss.

My life is my business—does anyone separate the two anymore? So I can't say there have been particular business benefits, other than it's good to keep all of my sensitive, personal business info safe.

While I was an independent contractor, I did keep a great deal of sensitive client data in 1Password (since deleted). It was handy having it in one place, and a relief knowing it was safe.

1Password review by Emanuel K.
Emanuel K.

"Simply superb"

What do you like best?

Virtually flawless in design as well as execution. Exceedingly easy and intuitive to use, anticipates my needs, essentially transparent until and unless I need it, configurable, customizable. My wife is not at all tech savvy and was using this app within minutes after I purchased it and installed it on her hardware with no difficulty - or questions! - whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app still requires more keystrokes and app switching than I would like, but this is likely a limitation of the iOS I use and not of the app itself as they are clearly limited in what the OS permits for data sharing between apps.

This is not at ALL a dislike, but a suggestion for future expansion is automatic read ability (OCR) of credit cards that the user wishes to add to the system might provide an even more efficient and faster way to incorporate these into the app. Same with adding secure notes that may be readable via OCR from .pdf files one wishes to import.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's truly not just that the software is superb - the creators are constantly upgrading and updating with USEFUL features. They clearly listen if not actively probe their users and know what they want and constantly strive to provide it,

Efficiency, flexibility, ease of use, ability to use on my laptop as well as my mobile iOS devices.

1Password review by Michael K.
Michael K.

"Fantastic product for Mac OS X and iOS"

What do you like best?

Hassle-free password secure generation and management for both OS X and iOS. They seem to be active in the online community and managed to adopt Pwned Passwords into their web-based product in 27 hours!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the sole focus on the subscription-based purchase model - I'm on the standalone purchase and love it. I understand how the subscription model would/could work for a lot of people, but I'd like to see a little more balance between the purchase options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password has been a great tool for me, but I don't have much hands-on experience with other popular password managers. I've had a good experience with their product on OS X and iOS, so I'd recommend it for those platforms!

1Password makes it simple to generate complex passwords for new and updated passwords in websites/apps and makes it simple to manage passwords for hundreds of systems. I can now have unique & complex passwords for each service, ensuring simple memorable passwords aren't weakening overall security. Shortcut keys make it incredibly fast to log into systems, so there's also a productivity increase. The iOS software integrates really nicely and syncs with the desktop version, ensuring maximum efficiency and security across multiple devices.

1Password review by Claudia P.
Claudia P.

"Most likely the best password manager for most purposes"

What do you like best?

AgileBits appears to take security very seriously. At the same time, they have a whitepaper published online, which describes in great detail the individual security measures they’re taking. Being affine to infosec myself, I appreciate this openness a lot; their behavior actually helps make the product more secure, not less.

What do you dislike?

Although I’m on their Families plan, I’m not a fan of their subscription model at all. Worse, they appear to not support offline usage. In my opinion, this is a huge drawback. I’d love to access my credentials when I’m offline, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mind that designing a secure piece software is an extremely hard task, which costs a lot of money. Given how well AgileBits have managed to pull that off, I’d recommend for anyone to get the subscription. That said, 1Password won’t help you a bit if your system is already compromised to begin with. I’d still recommend that you sign up but make sure to also teach yourself healthy security habits along the way.

When I started using 1Password in 2010, it helped me establish healthy security habits. For example, 1Password completely eliminated the temptation of password reuse, In retrospect, this effectively saved me from data breaches in several instances.

Another example would be the way AgileBits have designed the password generator built into 1Password. This generator uses configurable password lengths; at the same time, it generates easily-memorizable passwords with still more than enough complexity and entropy that they are essentially un-guessable. (Example: while other generators would create something like `f9ekX33m.c3cr$pt`, 1Password will suggest you passwords that are more like, `butter-tackling-prioritize-railway-mew,` which quite counter-intuitively, is not only easier to memorize, but also generally more secure than the former.)

This is extremely convenient for cases where I cannot easily access my 1Password vault, for example when I’m offline, or while I’m on a customer’s network which blocks the 1password.com domain (yes, there are IT departments who actually do that). Due to easily memorizable passwords the app has generated for me, I manage to keep my most important passwords in my head even though they were generated for me.

1Password review by David K.
David K.

"The Most Useful App I have"

What do you like best?

Auto fill and login, ease of use and clean interface make creating and filling passwords a breeze. I have over 1,500 passwords, all are different and strong, yet I only have to remember one. That is powerful. And syncs across my phone, tablet and computer is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike not being able to use my fingerprint to open it, it took a while to type my unique passcode. But now, that functionality has been added, making filling passwords on my phone very fast and easy. I very much appreciate that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having tried several different password management softwares, this one is my preferred because it overdelivers on my needs at a tremendous value.

My ability to keep track of many passwords has been negated. Also, the ability to organize, tag or use secure notes has eliminated the need of an IT person, saving me additional resources and time.

1Password review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Password managers are necessary. 1Password makes them easy."

What do you like best?

I was skeptical of using a password manager. I started using a competitor (Last Pass) for free, mostly so that I could just remember my various passwords, many of which I would reuse but keeping them all in my head was sometimes tough. The software was clunky, and since I wasn't paying, I didn't have it on my phone, which left me stuck if I couldn't remember a password on the go.

I started a new job and they recommended I use 1Password and I quickly made the switch. It was like night and day. I went all in, having 1Password create a new random password for each website I used.

I now actually have none of my passwords memorized because they are all a random series of numbers/letters/words as created by 1Password. The keyboard shortcut (Command + \ on a Mac) works so well for entering my credentials. The mobile app is a breeze and allows me to have all my passwords whether I'm at my desk or on my phone.

I feel safer, and I actually feel more confident in having the right credentials since knowing my password is no longer dependent on my memory, but instead on 1Password.

What do you dislike?

If I am creating/saving a login for a tool that isn't on the web, that is a bit cumbersome (say, Outlook or an app on my phone). Really, the only other complaint I have is convincing my wife to use the same password manager, which would allow us to share passwords among our "family" account. Still working on moving her over, which isn't the easiest process. (but worth it!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is surprisingly easy to use (once you're set up, which can be time consuming if you are putting all your login information into a password manager for the first time, or switching from another tool) and has been an amazing peace of mind for me.

All my accounts, whether personal or business, are safer now. I don't reuse any passwords. If one account is compromised (say LinkedIn or Amazon), that login information cannot be used on any other website because all of my passwords are unique and random.

1Password review by Sabrina L.
Sabrina L.

"Makes life easier and more secure"

What do you like best?

My team/company doesn't have to worry about passwords being stored in insecure places and can easily share the needed passwords for different accounts w/ each other, making development that much faster. I also use it for my personal use and not having to look up e.g. cryptic hints to myself to figure out the password for a particular site also makes my personal life run that much smoother.

What do you dislike?

Clicking on the 1Password icon when it's an extension in the browser isn't always very responsive (i.e. I have to click it a few times before the prompt to input my master password pops up).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team behind 1Password keeps pushing out updates to make 1Password a better product w/ regular frequency. I haven't had to submit any support tickets yet, but their support in terms of bug fixes seems pretty stellar given how many times I'm prompted to download the latest update.

Hopping on to help w/ a project is facilitated by the easy process of sharing passwords.

1Password review by Shawn C.
Shawn C.

"It's Worth Every Penny"

What do you like best?

It's accessible almost everywhere and syncs without issue. I've used this password manager ever since running into issues managing a lot of different logins personally and professionally. It's saved my sanity multiple times and I continue to maintain my own account outside of any job-related PMs.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes really frustrating to remember whether I bought the cloud version or the Mac App Store version when setting up a new computer or reinstalling after wiping an old computer. The workflow there is not as idiot-proof as this idiot sometimes needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with managing just your personal passwords. Once you get accustomed to the platform and can see the benefits, consider pushing an upgrade to 1Password to your company. Passionate users are always the best marketing.

I haven't used it for business yet. In previous companies the price has always been more of a barrier when comparing against LastPass.

1Password review by Adam G.
Adam G.

"Couldn't work without it anymore"

What do you like best?

That they are constantly improving it and provide great support. With all the hacks, breaches, and whatever you want to call the FB thing, it makes me a lot more secure working on the web.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky and due, I expect, to the complexities of websites these days, doesn't always work perfectly. However, those issues are more than overcome by the fact that it works well most of the time and is so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I checked them all and used Dashlane for a while, and this just seems to be the best of the bunch.

My wife hasn't gotten a password manager yet, and when I see her constant struggle with pws, I'm am very thankful that I got this. Pretty much everything private goes in there these days, and it's great having all my secure stuff in one place.

1Password review by Britton H.
Britton H.

"Great App! Take some time to organize it all and it will return the favor."

What do you like best?

I ended up paying for a personal account after reading numerous Reddit threads of people getting their identities stolen. The peace of mind is worth it! I spent just one solid afternoon setting it up with all of the logins I was previously using (all with the same password) and now everything is significantly more secure. I also didn't even think of adding personal information like healthcare, insurance, social security, birth certificates, passports, and other personal documents that are still somehow stored on paper these days. Knowing that if I lose my wallet or have damage to my car or property, I have digital storage of all my important documents gives me peace of mind.

Everything translates well between my work Mac, home Windows, and personal iPhone. That was a nice bonus.

The regular updates are reassuring, and it's nice that they are so small. No major downloads or time taken away waiting for it to reload.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Chrome extension on my Mac bugs out and causes little issues like links and images not working on web pages. Normally, I just have to click the extension icon and Chrome works again like normal.

The organization of vaults, logins, and accounts can be confusing for lots of people. For teams, like any app, make sure everybody understands how it works and how to organize and name your passwords. When it's just a mad dash to save and store passwords by 50 employees, it gets messy really quickly.

Many of my iOS apps and websites don't detect password forms, therefore the 1Pass login button doesn't appear. I have to then switch apps and copy and paste the password manually. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

For work, this has been incredibly helpful for when people are out of office. In a small startup environment where we can share passwords just by asking the person across the desk, knowing that everything is in 1Pass is nice.

After a while, everybody gets used to storing and filling passwords in it. No more asking "what's the login for...".

Finally, having company credit cards stored is a HUGE bonus. No more filling out 10 fields, hoping the business address is correct, and other such pains, on top of the security of asking your coworker to delete that message after you Slack them a picture of the credit card.

1Password review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Seriously the best possible experience"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration on any platform, using native features such as fingerprint on the macbook.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some websites won't allow autosubmit, so it's an extra click to login. 1Password gets you so accustomed to ubiquitous login, that when it isn't perfect it grates. I don't blame 1Password for this, of course - it's stupid web developers trying to "lock down" their login pages to make them "more secure", without understanding what any of that means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the competition, but keep an eye on ease of use. 1Password is a winner for admins, users, and security!

Shared passwords with subsets of team members. We have multiple vaults for different purposes, and each of us wears many hats. We can fine-tune the passwords so only the right people have access to the right credentials. On top of that, we can manage keys, certificates, and a pile of other secure resources, all in the one spot.

1Password review by Elise C.
Elise C.

"Works pretty well. I have the old, pre-subscription version."

What do you like best?

I like the live visual that shows the security of your password choice and the password generator with choices of what type of secure password you would like. The ability to link with your phone is also nice but I haven't set it up like that in a long time (since I got a new phone) and I couldn't be bothered.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about this app. I bought it like 7 or 8 years ago for password management and it's worked fine ever since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend 1Password. I haven't used any other password manager before but this one is great.

Well, I don't have the issue of getting locked out of the dozens of software and apps I have to use for my job, because I never forget my passwords anymore. Also, I have very secure passwords which are much better than I would have come up with myself.

1Password review by James T.
James T.

"Killer app for connected people"

What do you like best?

- Browser integration

- Cross-platform (OSX, Win, Android & iOS) support and sync

- Dropbox, Box, iCloud, etc compatible

- Provides secure, synced storage for Credit Cards, Driver's Licenses, Passports, Bank Accounts, etc.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Apple doesn't allow for better browser integration on their iOS platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free

Love it for life!

I bought my first Macbook in 2007, right after my first iPhone. I bought it solely to use to develop for the new phone platform. I'd been using a product called 'Norton Password Manager' (IIRC) to track and auto-fill passwords on my Windows machines, but the auto-sync was non-existent, the security was too 'secure' (there was NO way to recover a password if it wasn't auto-filling it on an IE form) but it provided basic functionality. I stumbled on a demo version of 1Password accidentally and, within 4 months, began using my new Mac EXCLUSIVELY for all my daily browsing.

1Password was THE killer-app that made me abandon Windows machines forever. I began appreciating the *nix-style Terminal available without needing Cygwin, and moved my career path into *nix development, never having to think about MFC, WPF, VSS or any other Microsoft frameworks ever again (well, that may be an exaggeration.)

1Password literally changed my life! (Totally for the better.)

It effectively manages over 1500 secure entries including login credentials for >1200 websites. It also supports attachments so, for example, I can retrieve an image of my Drivers License whenever I need one.

1Password review by Rafael L.
Rafael L.

"Getting my passwords always at hand"

What do you like best?

On the one hand, I think that the best of 1Password is that my passwords are secured and the forms are auto filled when I need. I don't worry because of the security and the passwords synchronization between devices. The form filling is quick and comfortable. On the other hand, in emergency cases, I can access my tools and sites from home because of the multidevice data sharing. It's perfect for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the process of taking a generated password to the clipboard. I think it doesn't give me the best user experience. I'd like a shorter/instant way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With 1Password I forgot the password problems.

It helps me to manage my passwords. They are always at hand and secure. I can use very strong passwords without the need of taking notes or remembering them. I haven't to repeat the same password to remember it. Other benefits are that I can create another extra vault for my home passwords, and I can use my home passwords at work and my work passwords at home.

1Password review by Roland P.
Roland P.

"Since years without competitors. Really"

What do you like best?

One of a kind. When competitors lack in function or security this superb software works like a charm since years for me without any problems or hacks or whatsoever. The functions and features a well designed and thought out. Nothing to complain. This comment is maybe too friendly but what should I say if everything works. And of course the brillant and funny notes from the developers for updates etc. are priceless. Keep up the good work.

What do you dislike?

The structure of categories and overview could be messy for 500 passwords. So I would like to have the possibility to organize my passwords with more visual helps like a board with some notepads to see e.g. which passwords are for clients, for websites, for software etc. I see that categories are available but it would be nice to see them on the fly - on one paper or notepad. I think how the software Scrivener did that. Something like that. The price is a bit high. But: I tested different other password applications and use them time by time. The whole package 1Password offers is more than all the apps together. Hopefully the developers to not fall in the trap of subscription-systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the best. Use the trial to get into the application and the answer will be clear.

Organizing hundreds of passwords for clients, FTP, Server, websites etc. The search function is essential. I like it that by opening the 1Password the promoter is in the search field. Thats really timesaving.

1Password review by Harry G.
Harry G.

"I depend on it and it delivers"

What do you like best?

I have different passwords for every site and 1Password gives me the confidence that I'm not going to forget it and have to go through a lengthy process to retrieve it. It's always right there, and it seems highly secure. I also like that it's not tied to a particular browser.

What do you dislike?

There are one or two sites that are so sensitive for me (banking) that I don't want any software to store it. 1Password doesn't let me tell it to stop asking me whether I want to save the password for that site. Not a big deal, especially how helpful it is to have the feature where it automatically asks me to store logins for new sites where the answer is almost always "yes"

Tracking hundreds of passwords. I love that they are all in one place, easily searchable (something I don't even remember the name of the website, but can find it on 1Password easily).

1Password review by Alex M.
Alex M.

"An invaluable tool for managing secrets"

What do you like best?

1Password's integration in macOS and iOS feels very solid, and the openness of the development team inspires a lot of confidence in both the technology and the team behind it. Having the ability to sync using several different services offers a lot of flexibility to meet your and your organisation's needs. For my I've found syncing for free via iCloud works well, but Dropbox and 1Password's own service are good cross platform options.

1Password is excellent for storing more than just passwords. There is support for two factor auth, secure notes including attachments, credit cards, bank accounts, passports and pretty much anything else. It also stores the history of passwords, which is a surprisingly useful addition.

What do you dislike?

The integration in apps doesn't feel quite as seamless as most browser's built in password features, but this is more than made up for by the extra features. Occasionally, when navigating the password filling interface it behaves in ways I don't expect (for example opening the website of the password I'm looking for instead of filling or copying the password to the clipboard).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using 1Password or another high quality password manager, you're almost certainly at higher risk than you should be.

Just by the mere fact we're using 1Password to generate and store passwords greatly reduces the risk that leaks from another service online will compromise other accounts. Syncing of passwords and other secure info between devices has saved me many times when I've needed to fix something without being near my computer.

1Password review by Jeremiah L.
Jeremiah L.

"Most secure and most usable"

What do you like best?

Super smart technical architecture that allows the convenience of cloud sync with minimized security risk of a cloud service. The built-in multi-factor authentication means I don't have to use multiple authentication apps to sign in to services. The sharing features allow me to securely manage shared credentials with trusted colleagues when necessary.

What do you dislike?

No Linux first-class support prevented 1Password from being adopted by the entire company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The security model is notably better than competing products. Agilebits has excellent blog posts explaining why its approach is superior.

1Password solves the problems of people using insecure passwords and people feeling overwhelmed by multi-factor authentication. 1Password makes it easy for everyone to follow best practices for authenticating with services. The built-in multi-factor authentication makes it super easy for people to have a unique, complex password for each service, verify the site is not phishing (saved credentials won't be listed if the URL does not match), and to enter MFA codes without having to switch to a separate app.

Learn more about 1Password

1Password Videos

Learning about 1Password?

* We monitor all 1Password reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7