1Password

1Password

1Password remembers your passwords for you — and helps you make them stronger. All your secrets are secure and always available, safe behind the one password that only you know.

Work for 1Password?

Learning about 1Password?

1Password Reviews

Ask 1Password a Question
Showing 448 1Password reviews
1Password review by <span>Kelsey S.</span>
Kelsey S.

"In theory a great idea..."

What do you like best?

Allows you to store all your passwords and only remember one secure master password to access them all (and it syncs across devices, so you don't have to look them up each time in one place or ever be without access to your password records when you need to access something).

What do you dislike?

This product used to be free until about two years ago, which was great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are serious about this product, buy now--the price only continues to go up (once free, and I'm not even sure if they have the lifetime subscription anymore which was a reasonable fee under $100).

Password security is a complex problem when you're required to regularly update passwords within your organization but still need to select secure passwords each time. This tool allows you to store all your passwords in one place (and continually update them) with one, secure master password to access them all.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 1Password
1Password review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Effortless Password Management"

What do you like best?

I've been using 1password for about five years. I use it on my mac and all of my devices to manage all of my important data. I have over 175 passwords, and over 600 secure items in total. I enjoy the ability to easily access my secure information and add create passwords that cannot easily be figured out. Most of all, I love that, to my knowledge, none of my passwords/accounts have ever been compromised. For that reason alone, it has been a useful and powerful application.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found many issues with 1password. This is the best way to manage a large amount of passwords and information. I wish I could establish a workflow to remove outdated information, or accounts that I no longer use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best Mac password management software that I have used. It is worth the 36/yr that they charge now.

Being a graphic and web designer, I need access to a lot of client website, design resource websites (i.e. stock photography, code snippets, etc.) If I had to try to remember over 175 passwords, I would be resetting in often. My office has four mac users and the rest are PCs. They are using Roboform, which is comparable to 1password, but doesn't have the nice design and interface of 1password.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

1Password review by <span>Stefan D.</span>
Stefan D.

"Cross Platform Password Manager "

What do you like best?

The support of platforms and the integration into different apps and browsers is a great expirience.

Also the sync between the installed 1password apps on different platforms works without any problems.

I also find it very helpful to automatically detect websites that log in for the first time and save the login information immediately.

In addition, I find the rating of the password quality and the password generator very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the auto login functionality fails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not only use the 1password website. Try the Mac and Windows App and the browser plugins for google Crome and/or Safari and the Apps for iPhone and iPad are also worth a look.

We work in teams with different colleges for several clients on their cloud platform CRM environment and manage all the required logins at our company with 1password to provide the logins at all time to the right persons.

1Password review by <span>Silvio E.</span>
Silvio E.

"Simple, effective and coherent password manager"

What do you like best?

1Password is a great multiplatform app, helping us coordinate the use through many devices. I had a chance to try the product several years ago, recommended by some articles in the internet. I was looking for a simple solution integrating my mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices. The product has been improving a lot since then and it is a great service now.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it could be easier to use, but it keeps improving. For users without some background on security, concepts may sound unfamiliar. It is just a matter of learn an use it. I am not sure about integrations with other apps (specially at corporate/enterprise environments).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very experienced company.

Now I can have more than 1000 passwords stored, not having to remember those. If a company is looking for a solution to integrate passwords in mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices, 1Password is great. At the enterprise level, I am unsure. Dows this product integrate with Active Directory policies? With other Security apps? With compliance requirements usually found at enterprises? Gotta check!

1Password review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

"1Password keeps your passwords, and all your sensitive information, safe and handy"

What do you like best?

The integrations 1Password has between their own apps (desktop, and mobile) as well as browser extensions makes using 1Password a simple and seamless part of my everyday. Having safe and secure passwords is impossible unless you use a tool like this, and if you do use 1Password you don't need to worry about any of that anymore. I basically only need to remember one password now — the main password to get into my 1Password database.

What do you dislike?

every now and then I have had a problem where the browser extension didn't recognize that I had the app installed as well, and that is required for it to work. Turned out that just a simple restart of the computer jogged its memory and everything was working fine again. Other than that I have had no problems at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. Right now. Enter all your information and use it every day. It is so sad when I see people trying to remember their passwords and looking through spreadsheets they've made to organize their passwords. They end up locked out of their own stuff and have to reset the password, starting the cycle all over again.

I use 1Password to save secure passwords, login information, product and app serial numbers, order purchase numbers, bank account information — pretty much any sensitive data that I am not going to be able to remember on my own (and it would be a waste of mental energy to do so)

1Password review by <span>Colin P.</span>
Colin P.

"Best money I ever spent"

What do you like best?

It's not quite true that I only have to remember one password. I have to remember 2: one for work passwords and one for personal. But I have over 800 secrets that I *don't* have to remember, so that's a huge win.

It is a huge weight off my mind to have all those accounts using unique, long, randomly-generated passwords. When information on one of my accounts is leaked in a data breach (which has happened several times) I know that 1) I have a little bit of time to change the password because it's not easy to brute-force and 2) none of my other accounts will be compromised when that password is revealed.

What do you dislike?

Mobile Safari doesn't support plugins, so there is no way to automatically enter passwords on my iPhone. Some sites support 1Password directly, which is convenient, but most don't so using it on mobile almost always involves copy/paste. The built-in browser is fine, but it's hard to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account, so you can sync passwords between devices.

I work at in software development, and make extensive use of cloud services. 1Password makes it easy for my team to handle basic security procedures in even though we have a lot of disconnected accounts provided by many different companies. We don't need single sign-on, because we can manage many accounts.

1Password review by <span>Dugan A.</span>
Dugan A.

"Simple, secure and sensational!"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manage passwords, and update passwords across all sites. I also use it a lot to create identities for mystery shopping purposes and use it a lot with credit and debit cards which saves me a lot of time as I can never find my wallet quickly to look at the actual cards themselves!

What do you dislike?

Don't fully understand how 1Password for IOS works and how it's meant to sync with the desktop version so have not yet started using the automatically generated passwords which are far stronger. I also use fingerprint ID all the time on my iPhone but it doesn't appear that 1Password offers this functionality yet as I always have to enter the master password when I want to use it. Filling passwords online using my phone is much more difficult but it becoming more and more usual so the better 1Password gets at working on mobile devices, the more I will use it, continue using it and recommend it to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best password manager I've come across and just need to figure out what product is needed to get it syncing across all platforms and devices

Don't have to waste time thinking about passwords. I can see the benefits in creating very secure passwords but haven't got the confidence to do that yet, and therefore am still using passwords I can remember, but these are not so secure and I recently had my Facebook account hacked because of this.

1Password review by <span>Erica F.</span>
Erica F.

"I don't know how a person lives without 1Password"

What do you like best?

Before 1Password just the subject of passwords was upsetting to me. I had so many and they were all over the place and sometimes my browser would remember them and sometimes not or I couldn't find them. And that wasn't very secure. The instant I got 1Password it the whole subject of security and passwords calmed down for me. Everything is safely located in one place that I can get to from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Somehow it seems that my phone doesn't have the same passwords in my 1password app as my computers do with the desktop version. At some point I'll have to figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever lose passwords, if you ever have gotten hacked, if you get frustrated logging into any site ever, the solution to your problems is 1Password.

All my clients' passwords to every single Wordpress site or social profile or Google Analytics or email subscription service or dropbox, EVERYTHING, is all neatly stored in one place so I can relax and not worry about forgetting or losing their passwords. Ever. It's amazing.

1Password review by <span>Henry S.</span>
Henry S.

"The only password manager I trust"

What do you like best?

I have been using 1password for about 8 years now. In that time I have felt like I actually have a handle on my personal security. The application makes it very easy to make sure all your online identities are safe and secure, and that is my primary goal in using the application.

The recent online sync services that have been created have been great.

The security architecture is also very open, and AgileBits have published a number of white papers outlining how their system works. This is exactly what I need to see in a password manager to ensure they have not cut corners or have left themselves open for attack.

What do you dislike?

Some people have complained that it is expensive, and I did when I first bought it, but looking back at how many years of excellent service I have had I have no reservations about spending the money that I did.

Also, there is excellent built in OTP/2 factor password support which works very very well, but is pretty hard to discover if you have never used it before. It would be nice if they could make it easier to find for new users, or perhaps suggest people use it if they detect a service supports OTPs?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, try out some of the advanced features. Also take into account the history of security incidents when considering password managers.

We use the "teams" product at work, to easily share authentication information with all staff members in a secure way. We can audit and revoke access very easily and the web-based administration interface for this is incredibly fast and pleasurable to use.

1Password review by <span>Frederik S.</span>
Frederik S.

"Luckily, I have no fucking clue what my passwords are"

What do you like best?

You don't need to think about passwords at all. I have 1Password on every device and and only need to memorize a single password to be able to login everywhere. On iOS it gets even better, since FaceID allows you to login to 1Password so fast, that it not even takes longer then typing a password by myself.

It also enables me to share passwords with my colleagues or family, so that my wife can use the same accounts as I do, without using an easy to remember password or taking notes on a post-it. It is also the best place to store all these customer numbers you get for every contract you sign. So every time you call a support hotline, the only thing you need is 1Password.

What do you dislike?

They provide to many updates. It feels like I cannot start 1Password without getting an update notification. I would like to reduce the notifications to only once a month or only important security updates.

Additionally the matching of the browser extension does not always work perfectly. Especially for Credit Cards I often need to add fields manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and get you colleagues or family to also use it. There is no better way to share passwords.

As a developer I need to log in to many systems of different customers and remembering all passwords is simply impossible. So 1Password enables me to actually work, instead of just searching passwords. The same goes with my colleagues, that I can share passwords with, without writing mails or notes for every single person.

1Password review by <span>Steve T.</span>
Steve T.

"We've been using 1Password since it was just a baby"

What do you like best?

1Password has a simple formula-based strong password creation, convenient autofills all of our MacOS and IOS passwords for third-party sites, tools to identify and change existing weak passwords (complexity, uniqueness, etc.), tools to identify compromised sites where password changes are needed, convenient 1-click forms fill for identities (our names, addresses, email, etc.) and for credit cards (numbers, expirations, codes), a very strong security model for protecting our private data (both technology and suggested workflows), and a first-class support team. As for the last feature, I have rarely had to use it, but on the occasions that I did, the 1-Password support was fast and effective. Now if I could only get them to train my cable company's support team the world would be a better place.

What do you dislike?

As an early adopter of 1Password, I am still under the one-time application fee purchasing model. So I get minor updates for free, and pay for major ones. I have been resistant to the newer subscription model because I have been trying to reduce the number of subscriptions that I manage. But the 1Password subscription pricing seems very fair to me, particularly since they are so active in continuing to improve the product over the years. So I'll probably switch to subscription at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is a very capable, yet easy to use way to manage your passwords and a lot of other private information. It also leads to to better security workflows. The only category of user that may want to look for alternatives is someone who spends little time on the web, only has a few passwords, and wants to change from their pet's name to something more secure. 1Password would work great for that application, but the value probably wouldn't justify the price.

We have been online since the invention of the web and have about 1,200 passwords to manage at this point. We couldn't stay secure without 1Password.

1Password review by <span>Neil B.</span>
Neil B.

"Excellent software and easy to use day to day."

What do you like best?

The ease with which it allows use of proper secure passwords.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I am a purchase user rather than a subscriber, that came along much later - soI really hope my way of using the SW continues to exist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and dive in.

Read up about how to set up a very secure 3 or 4 work master pass phrase.

Work out a way of noting that passphrase so you can always find it but others could not decrypt your note.

1Password just makes security so much easier to implement.

My story, I'd been using 1Password for years but not fully implementing its features. I was a very basic user - just felt my way in and used what I found - thought I was doing OK, but I now know its so much more than a simple password storage "vault"..

--- A few years ago I discovered that one of my online accounts was compromised [Vodafone, I reckon they were hacked] and 1Password helped me to recover with very practical steps.:

1: analyse all my duplicated and web passwords,

2: generate new proper secure ones,

3: use those myriad passwords day to day. I especially appreciate the browser and iOs plug ins.

1Password review by <span>April M.</span>
April M.

"Integral part of our teams day!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity and usability of the browser extension as well as the app.

What do you dislike?

I'm the one in charge of getting it set up on all our team's devices. I 100% understand why there are hoops to jump through to validate everything but I wish it were a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is amazing. It was first recommended to me by an FBI agent working in cybersecurity years ago. It has remained one of, if not the top, product for protecting your information. After using it personally for years I have switched my entire team over to 1Password. Incredibly easy to train everyone on, make changes to, and the buy-in has been fantastic. I recommend 1Password to someone at least once a week. Couldn't be happier with their product.

I work in real estate and we have a million different login's, multiply that by having 10 agents on the team and 4 full-time admin staff and we have a lot to remember. 1Password has made it possible for us to save login information securely as well as have more control over who has access to what. If anyone ever leaves our team, it's a quick process to remove their access to all our secure data.

1Password review by <span>Jean Jacques T.</span>
Jean Jacques T.

"Great Multi Platform Cloud Password Manager"

What do you like best?

I love the easiness of use, it's very complete, multi platform and with multi device synchronization. I use Apple computers and Android devices and 1Password allows me to access my passwords and my clients' passwords from everywhere! It's a wonderful tool I use to recommend to my clients and friends.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite high. It could be cheaper, so more people could afford it and 1Password team could get more loyal customers and recommendations, spiking their sales and revenue.

If there was a way to unlock the computer version with the fingerprint, even by using the mobile phone, that would be awesome! I use already an App in my Android device to unlock my iMac with the fingerprint from the mobile phone and it saves me a lot of time, because I lock the screen every time I stand up from the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great to manage passwords from multiple devices: Computer, mobile phones and tablets. You always have them at hand. It's very easy to use and if you have fingerprint sensor in your mobile phone, you can access your passwords in a breeze!

I need to manage safely all the passwords from the accounts of my clients, my personal and business passwords. I create web pages and offer web hosting accounts, so this tool is a must to have in such a job. 1Password helps me in my job by storing the passwords encrypted in the cloud, so I can access them securely no matter where I am in the World.

1Password review by <span>Eileen O.</span>
Eileen O.

"Indispensable tool"

What do you like best?

1password is the second password management tool I've used. I started with Web Confidential about 15 years ago (i've been a longtime devotee of password management). I loved Web Confidential but with the advent of multiple devices it was hard to keep things synced - and that's when I jumped ship to 1password (I was an early adopter, as a Mac user). Over the years it has consistently improved and has always been very responsive to the needs/complaints/recommendations of us end users. Now I have it on my laptop and smartphone and use 1password.com to sync things. I use it to store all sorts of info beyond passwords: banking info. personal identity info, software licenses. If it has a login or password, 1password can help.

What do you dislike?

I have run into occasional glitches in syncing. Currently I use 1password.com which is fee-based ($2.99/month). It works pretty well. My current biggest issue is with the iPhone X and facial ID. It has a pretty uneven track record, in my experience. I have had to remove and reinstall the app a few times and also end up having to reenter the 1password.com password often. Not a deal breaker, but an annoyance. I had no trouble with Touch ID.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have multiple sync options if you don't want to pay $2.99/month to 1password.com. You can also sync to Dropbox or iCloud. Super cool new feature: Travel Mode, which protects your data from unwanted searches (you need a 1password subscription for this).

I provide website support and have a lot of ftp and app passwords to manage. 1password makes that all very simple. It has also helped in the creation of more secure passwords (the password generator is a great tool). Using their password audit I can easily update old/vulnerable passwords.

1Password review by <span>Colleen W.</span>
Colleen W.

"1Password: one of my top 5 favorite programs of all time"

What do you like best?

1Password will meet you wherever you are. Just starting out? You get to throw away that piece of paper and get yourself an actual, safe system for saving and tracking passwords. More comfortable with the process? Add tags, folders and flexible searchability.

I keep my life in 1Password: literally ALL my passwords, plus my all of my sensitive information (account numbers, auto details, client info, etc).

I love having ONE unique password to remember for ALL passwords, and sync-ability between laptop & iOS. Don't ever (ever!!) want to go back to the way it was.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. I do fear being bonked on the head, losing my memory, and forgetting my master password. I haven't come up with a way to hand off the "keys" to my life in the event of my sudden and untimely demise; I'll have to think through the 1Password aspect of things.

Also, I prefer buying software to subscription, and have been able to get by with that so far (i.e., updates keep being provided, the software is viable). But if push came to shove, I'd probably subscribe rather than go without.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask yourself how much you'd lose in both time & money if someone hacked one of the many, many sensitive sites you visit. If you're being honest, the cost of 1Password is a pittance against that loss.

My life is my business—does anyone separate the two anymore? So I can't say there have been particular business benefits, other than it's good to keep all of my sensitive, personal business info safe.

While I was an independent contractor, I did keep a great deal of sensitive client data in 1Password (since deleted). It was handy having it in one place, and a relief knowing it was safe.

1Password review by <span>Emanuel K.</span>
Emanuel K.

"Simply superb"

What do you like best?

Virtually flawless in design as well as execution. Exceedingly easy and intuitive to use, anticipates my needs, essentially transparent until and unless I need it, configurable, customizable. My wife is not at all tech savvy and was using this app within minutes after I purchased it and installed it on her hardware with no difficulty - or questions! - whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app still requires more keystrokes and app switching than I would like, but this is likely a limitation of the iOS I use and not of the app itself as they are clearly limited in what the OS permits for data sharing between apps.

This is not at ALL a dislike, but a suggestion for future expansion is automatic read ability (OCR) of credit cards that the user wishes to add to the system might provide an even more efficient and faster way to incorporate these into the app. Same with adding secure notes that may be readable via OCR from .pdf files one wishes to import.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's truly not just that the software is superb - the creators are constantly upgrading and updating with USEFUL features. They clearly listen if not actively probe their users and know what they want and constantly strive to provide it,

Efficiency, flexibility, ease of use, ability to use on my laptop as well as my mobile iOS devices.

1Password review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

"Fantastic product for Mac OS X and iOS"

What do you like best?

Hassle-free password secure generation and management for both OS X and iOS. They seem to be active in the online community and managed to adopt Pwned Passwords into their web-based product in 27 hours!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the sole focus on the subscription-based purchase model - I'm on the standalone purchase and love it. I understand how the subscription model would/could work for a lot of people, but I'd like to see a little more balance between the purchase options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password has been a great tool for me, but I don't have much hands-on experience with other popular password managers. I've had a good experience with their product on OS X and iOS, so I'd recommend it for those platforms!

1Password makes it simple to generate complex passwords for new and updated passwords in websites/apps and makes it simple to manage passwords for hundreds of systems. I can now have unique & complex passwords for each service, ensuring simple memorable passwords aren't weakening overall security. Shortcut keys make it incredibly fast to log into systems, so there's also a productivity increase. The iOS software integrates really nicely and syncs with the desktop version, ensuring maximum efficiency and security across multiple devices.

1Password review by <span>Claudia P.</span>
Claudia P.

"Most likely the best password manager for most purposes"

What do you like best?

AgileBits appears to take security very seriously. At the same time, they have a whitepaper published online, which describes in great detail the individual security measures they’re taking. Being affine to infosec myself, I appreciate this openness a lot; their behavior actually helps make the product more secure, not less.

What do you dislike?

Although I’m on their Families plan, I’m not a fan of their subscription model at all. Worse, they appear to not support offline usage. In my opinion, this is a huge drawback. I’d love to access my credentials when I’m offline, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mind that designing a secure piece software is an extremely hard task, which costs a lot of money. Given how well AgileBits have managed to pull that off, I’d recommend for anyone to get the subscription. That said, 1Password won’t help you a bit if your system is already compromised to begin with. I’d still recommend that you sign up but make sure to also teach yourself healthy security habits along the way.

When I started using 1Password in 2010, it helped me establish healthy security habits. For example, 1Password completely eliminated the temptation of password reuse, In retrospect, this effectively saved me from data breaches in several instances.

Another example would be the way AgileBits have designed the password generator built into 1Password. This generator uses configurable password lengths; at the same time, it generates easily-memorizable passwords with still more than enough complexity and entropy that they are essentially un-guessable. (Example: while other generators would create something like `f9ekX33m.c3cr$pt`, 1Password will suggest you passwords that are more like, `butter-tackling-prioritize-railway-mew,` which quite counter-intuitively, is not only easier to memorize, but also generally more secure than the former.)

This is extremely convenient for cases where I cannot easily access my 1Password vault, for example when I’m offline, or while I’m on a customer’s network which blocks the 1password.com domain (yes, there are IT departments who actually do that). Due to easily memorizable passwords the app has generated for me, I manage to keep my most important passwords in my head even though they were generated for me.

1Password review by <span>David K.</span>
David K.

"The Most Useful App I have"

What do you like best?

Auto fill and login, ease of use and clean interface make creating and filling passwords a breeze. I have over 1,500 passwords, all are different and strong, yet I only have to remember one. That is powerful. And syncs across my phone, tablet and computer is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I used to dislike not being able to use my fingerprint to open it, it took a while to type my unique passcode. But now, that functionality has been added, making filling passwords on my phone very fast and easy. I very much appreciate that feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having tried several different password management softwares, this one is my preferred because it overdelivers on my needs at a tremendous value.

My ability to keep track of many passwords has been negated. Also, the ability to organize, tag or use secure notes has eliminated the need of an IT person, saving me additional resources and time.

1Password review by <span>Adam G.</span>
Adam G.

"Password managers are necessary. 1Password makes them easy."

What do you like best?

I was skeptical of using a password manager. I started using a competitor (Last Pass) for free, mostly so that I could just remember my various passwords, many of which I would reuse but keeping them all in my head was sometimes tough. The software was clunky, and since I wasn't paying, I didn't have it on my phone, which left me stuck if I couldn't remember a password on the go.

I started a new job and they recommended I use 1Password and I quickly made the switch. It was like night and day. I went all in, having 1Password create a new random password for each website I used.

I now actually have none of my passwords memorized because they are all a random series of numbers/letters/words as created by 1Password. The keyboard shortcut (Command + \ on a Mac) works so well for entering my credentials. The mobile app is a breeze and allows me to have all my passwords whether I'm at my desk or on my phone.

I feel safer, and I actually feel more confident in having the right credentials since knowing my password is no longer dependent on my memory, but instead on 1Password.

What do you dislike?

If I am creating/saving a login for a tool that isn't on the web, that is a bit cumbersome (say, Outlook or an app on my phone). Really, the only other complaint I have is convincing my wife to use the same password manager, which would allow us to share passwords among our "family" account. Still working on moving her over, which isn't the easiest process. (but worth it!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is surprisingly easy to use (once you're set up, which can be time consuming if you are putting all your login information into a password manager for the first time, or switching from another tool) and has been an amazing peace of mind for me.

All my accounts, whether personal or business, are safer now. I don't reuse any passwords. If one account is compromised (say LinkedIn or Amazon), that login information cannot be used on any other website because all of my passwords are unique and random.

1Password review by <span>Shawn C.</span>
Shawn C.

"It's Worth Every Penny"

What do you like best?

It's accessible almost everywhere and syncs without issue. I've used this password manager ever since running into issues managing a lot of different logins personally and professionally. It's saved my sanity multiple times and I continue to maintain my own account outside of any job-related PMs.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes really frustrating to remember whether I bought the cloud version or the Mac App Store version when setting up a new computer or reinstalling after wiping an old computer. The workflow there is not as idiot-proof as this idiot sometimes needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with managing just your personal passwords. Once you get accustomed to the platform and can see the benefits, consider pushing an upgrade to 1Password to your company. Passionate users are always the best marketing.

I haven't used it for business yet. In previous companies the price has always been more of a barrier when comparing against LastPass.

1Password review by <span>Adam G.</span>
Adam G.

"Couldn't work without it anymore"

What do you like best?

That they are constantly improving it and provide great support. With all the hacks, breaches, and whatever you want to call the FB thing, it makes me a lot more secure working on the web.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a bit clunky and due, I expect, to the complexities of websites these days, doesn't always work perfectly. However, those issues are more than overcome by the fact that it works well most of the time and is so easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I checked them all and used Dashlane for a while, and this just seems to be the best of the bunch.

My wife hasn't gotten a password manager yet, and when I see her constant struggle with pws, I'm am very thankful that I got this. Pretty much everything private goes in there these days, and it's great having all my secure stuff in one place.

1Password review by <span>Britton H.</span>
Britton H.

"Great App! Take some time to organize it all and it will return the favor."

What do you like best?

I ended up paying for a personal account after reading numerous Reddit threads of people getting their identities stolen. The peace of mind is worth it! I spent just one solid afternoon setting it up with all of the logins I was previously using (all with the same password) and now everything is significantly more secure. I also didn't even think of adding personal information like healthcare, insurance, social security, birth certificates, passports, and other personal documents that are still somehow stored on paper these days. Knowing that if I lose my wallet or have damage to my car or property, I have digital storage of all my important documents gives me peace of mind.

Everything translates well between my work Mac, home Windows, and personal iPhone. That was a nice bonus.

The regular updates are reassuring, and it's nice that they are so small. No major downloads or time taken away waiting for it to reload.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the Chrome extension on my Mac bugs out and causes little issues like links and images not working on web pages. Normally, I just have to click the extension icon and Chrome works again like normal.

The organization of vaults, logins, and accounts can be confusing for lots of people. For teams, like any app, make sure everybody understands how it works and how to organize and name your passwords. When it's just a mad dash to save and store passwords by 50 employees, it gets messy really quickly.

Many of my iOS apps and websites don't detect password forms, therefore the 1Pass login button doesn't appear. I have to then switch apps and copy and paste the password manually. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.

For work, this has been incredibly helpful for when people are out of office. In a small startup environment where we can share passwords just by asking the person across the desk, knowing that everything is in 1Pass is nice.

After a while, everybody gets used to storing and filling passwords in it. No more asking "what's the login for...".

Finally, having company credit cards stored is a HUGE bonus. No more filling out 10 fields, hoping the business address is correct, and other such pains, on top of the security of asking your coworker to delete that message after you Slack them a picture of the credit card.

1Password review by <span>Matt J.</span>
Matt J.

"Seriously the best possible experience"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration on any platform, using native features such as fingerprint on the macbook.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some websites won't allow autosubmit, so it's an extra click to login. 1Password gets you so accustomed to ubiquitous login, that when it isn't perfect it grates. I don't blame 1Password for this, of course - it's stupid web developers trying to "lock down" their login pages to make them "more secure", without understanding what any of that means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the competition, but keep an eye on ease of use. 1Password is a winner for admins, users, and security!

Shared passwords with subsets of team members. We have multiple vaults for different purposes, and each of us wears many hats. We can fine-tune the passwords so only the right people have access to the right credentials. On top of that, we can manage keys, certificates, and a pile of other secure resources, all in the one spot.

1Password review by <span>Elise C.</span>
Elise C.

"Works pretty well. I have the old, pre-subscription version."

What do you like best?

I like the live visual that shows the security of your password choice and the password generator with choices of what type of secure password you would like. The ability to link with your phone is also nice but I haven't set it up like that in a long time (since I got a new phone) and I couldn't be bothered.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about this app. I bought it like 7 or 8 years ago for password management and it's worked fine ever since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend 1Password. I haven't used any other password manager before but this one is great.

Well, I don't have the issue of getting locked out of the dozens of software and apps I have to use for my job, because I never forget my passwords anymore. Also, I have very secure passwords which are much better than I would have come up with myself.

1Password review by <span>James T.</span>
James T.

"Killer app for connected people"

What do you like best?

- Browser integration

- Cross-platform (OSX, Win, Android & iOS) support and sync

- Dropbox, Box, iCloud, etc compatible

- Provides secure, synced storage for Credit Cards, Driver's Licenses, Passports, Bank Accounts, etc.

What do you dislike?

The fact that Apple doesn't allow for better browser integration on their iOS platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free

Love it for life!

I bought my first Macbook in 2007, right after my first iPhone. I bought it solely to use to develop for the new phone platform. I'd been using a product called 'Norton Password Manager' (IIRC) to track and auto-fill passwords on my Windows machines, but the auto-sync was non-existent, the security was too 'secure' (there was NO way to recover a password if it wasn't auto-filling it on an IE form) but it provided basic functionality. I stumbled on a demo version of 1Password accidentally and, within 4 months, began using my new Mac EXCLUSIVELY for all my daily browsing.

1Password was THE killer-app that made me abandon Windows machines forever. I began appreciating the *nix-style Terminal available without needing Cygwin, and moved my career path into *nix development, never having to think about MFC, WPF, VSS or any other Microsoft frameworks ever again (well, that may be an exaggeration.)

1Password literally changed my life! (Totally for the better.)

It effectively manages over 1500 secure entries including login credentials for >1200 websites. It also supports attachments so, for example, I can retrieve an image of my Drivers License whenever I need one.

1Password review by <span>Rafael L.</span>
Rafael L.

"Getting my passwords always at hand"

What do you like best?

On the one hand, I think that the best of 1Password is that my passwords are secured and the forms are auto filled when I need. I don't worry because of the security and the passwords synchronization between devices. The form filling is quick and comfortable. On the other hand, in emergency cases, I can access my tools and sites from home because of the multidevice data sharing. It's perfect for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the process of taking a generated password to the clipboard. I think it doesn't give me the best user experience. I'd like a shorter/instant way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With 1Password I forgot the password problems.

It helps me to manage my passwords. They are always at hand and secure. I can use very strong passwords without the need of taking notes or remembering them. I haven't to repeat the same password to remember it. Other benefits are that I can create another extra vault for my home passwords, and I can use my home passwords at work and my work passwords at home.

1Password review by <span>Roland P.</span>
Roland P.

"Since years without competitors. Really"

What do you like best?

One of a kind. When competitors lack in function or security this superb software works like a charm since years for me without any problems or hacks or whatsoever. The functions and features a well designed and thought out. Nothing to complain. This comment is maybe too friendly but what should I say if everything works. And of course the brillant and funny notes from the developers for updates etc. are priceless. Keep up the good work.

What do you dislike?

The structure of categories and overview could be messy for 500 passwords. So I would like to have the possibility to organize my passwords with more visual helps like a board with some notepads to see e.g. which passwords are for clients, for websites, for software etc. I see that categories are available but it would be nice to see them on the fly - on one paper or notepad. I think how the software Scrivener did that. Something like that. The price is a bit high. But: I tested different other password applications and use them time by time. The whole package 1Password offers is more than all the apps together. Hopefully the developers to not fall in the trap of subscription-systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the best. Use the trial to get into the application and the answer will be clear.

Organizing hundreds of passwords for clients, FTP, Server, websites etc. The search function is essential. I like it that by opening the 1Password the promoter is in the search field. Thats really timesaving.

1Password review by <span>Harry G.</span>
Harry G.

"I depend on it and it delivers"

What do you like best?

I have different passwords for every site and 1Password gives me the confidence that I'm not going to forget it and have to go through a lengthy process to retrieve it. It's always right there, and it seems highly secure. I also like that it's not tied to a particular browser.

What do you dislike?

There are one or two sites that are so sensitive for me (banking) that I don't want any software to store it. 1Password doesn't let me tell it to stop asking me whether I want to save the password for that site. Not a big deal, especially how helpful it is to have the feature where it automatically asks me to store logins for new sites where the answer is almost always "yes"

Tracking hundreds of passwords. I love that they are all in one place, easily searchable (something I don't even remember the name of the website, but can find it on 1Password easily).

1Password review by <span>Alex M.</span>
Alex M.

"An invaluable tool for managing secrets"

What do you like best?

1Password's integration in macOS and iOS feels very solid, and the openness of the development team inspires a lot of confidence in both the technology and the team behind it. Having the ability to sync using several different services offers a lot of flexibility to meet your and your organisation's needs. For my I've found syncing for free via iCloud works well, but Dropbox and 1Password's own service are good cross platform options.

1Password is excellent for storing more than just passwords. There is support for two factor auth, secure notes including attachments, credit cards, bank accounts, passports and pretty much anything else. It also stores the history of passwords, which is a surprisingly useful addition.

What do you dislike?

The integration in apps doesn't feel quite as seamless as most browser's built in password features, but this is more than made up for by the extra features. Occasionally, when navigating the password filling interface it behaves in ways I don't expect (for example opening the website of the password I'm looking for instead of filling or copying the password to the clipboard).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using 1Password or another high quality password manager, you're almost certainly at higher risk than you should be.

Just by the mere fact we're using 1Password to generate and store passwords greatly reduces the risk that leaks from another service online will compromise other accounts. Syncing of passwords and other secure info between devices has saved me many times when I've needed to fix something without being near my computer.

1Password review by <span>Jeremiah L.</span>
Jeremiah L.

"Most secure and most usable"

What do you like best?

Super smart technical architecture that allows the convenience of cloud sync with minimized security risk of a cloud service. The built-in multi-factor authentication means I don't have to use multiple authentication apps to sign in to services. The sharing features allow me to securely manage shared credentials with trusted colleagues when necessary.

What do you dislike?

No Linux first-class support prevented 1Password from being adopted by the entire company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The security model is notably better than competing products. Agilebits has excellent blog posts explaining why its approach is superior.

1Password solves the problems of people using insecure passwords and people feeling overwhelmed by multi-factor authentication. 1Password makes it easy for everyone to follow best practices for authenticating with services. The built-in multi-factor authentication makes it super easy for people to have a unique, complex password for each service, verify the site is not phishing (saved credentials won't be listed if the URL does not match), and to enter MFA codes without having to switch to a separate app.

1Password review by <span>Kimberly J.</span>
Kimberly J.

"Great support! And, it does exactly what it says it does."

What do you like best?

How willing support is to assist, and that it works! All the time. It's a consistently sound solution for managing a multitude of passwords, software license, and high priority notes.

What do you dislike?

I had a sync problem, once. That said, I've been using the solution for close to 6 years, so that's pretty swell. It works better on my computer than it does on my IOS devices, as I've not found a way to have it fill in my credentials in my apps, as opposed to the web. But, it's a small thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the price, in my opinion.

I'm able to manage all of my passwords on all of my devices. For years, I've only needed to remember a single password. As some websites have schedules for your needing to change passwords, in addition to it just being a good idea to periodically change them, one could have literally, 50 passwords or more (I have over 100 of accumulated passwords). 1password helps me stay up to date, and on top of my passwords.

1Password review by <span>Mike E.</span>
Mike E.

"The easiest password manager out there"

What do you like best?

I have been using 1Password since version 3, and with every iteration of it (not just major revision, but the smaller ones as well!!) it has progressively gotten better and better. Also, I love that it is able to keep itself in sync between mobile and computer flawlessly and using multiple ways of doing it.

The other thing that I really like about 1Password is that it isn't just about passwords, it stores a lot of sensitive data without it being shared to some unknown entity in the cloud. I can put bank account information, software licenses, wireless router information, identities of people, database information, and secure notes. I have yet to find any competitor that even remotely comes close to what 1Password offers.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint with it is that it requires a spun-off process to reach the mini-browser of it. Also, the team-sharing capabilities of it seem overly expensive. I also wish that it offered a native way for you to be able to make a SSH/Telnet connection through it, so it becomes a one click and you are connected sort of thing. Other that that, is is basically flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really helpful when you are keeping it in sync between your computer and your mobile device.

This has saved me so many times when trying to remember which password goes with which server. Just that alone makes this an indispensable tool that I use on a daily basis. I also really like being able to track which version of software I have and the software key has made a huge difference.

1Password review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"An essential tool that feels like a native app"

What do you like best?

1Password is updated often, always keeping up with the latest innovations such as FaceID, TouchID on both iOS and Mac, etc. I love the cross-platform compatibility and how everything stays in sync across all my devices. It almost feels like a native app on MacOS and iOS, the platforms I use. You can tell that the AgileBits team is passionate about this project.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was an easy way to use the password generator feature on mobile. In order to create my secure passwords, I always feel the need to sign up for any new account on desktop so I have easy access to the password generation feature of the 1Password browser extensions.

With all the different software and services I have to log in and out of each day, using 1Password saves me a ton of time and allows me to create individual strong passwords for every site or account.

1Password review by <span>Carlos E.</span>
Carlos E.

"Essential tool for your digital life"

What do you like best?

The app is well designed, is easy to use and very flexible. Syncs via iCloud so I have the same in all my devices. The team behind the app provides frequent updates so you're always covered. And the company evolves its business (subscription plans) but they don't forget users, like me, that bought the product some time ago. Happy users give recommendations (my family, for instance, uses it).

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. I think I'm not using all the possibilities it provides. I would add some kind of notification like "you've not used this passwords for 1 year" or something like that. I think that initial purchase is a bit expensive but it becomes cheaper in the long term thanks to free updates. Maybe I would make it clearer the way you customize the fields. It's not very intuitive but I don't use it too much. I would add formatting capabilities to the notes field and category, so they're saved in markdown but you can write and put formatting with the usual CMD+B, CMD+I keyboard shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap if you don't abandon it. Expensive until you're using it for a long time.

I'm more productive an have more peace of mind having different passwords for a more secure digital life.

1Password review by <span>Mike W.</span>
Mike W.

"The most important software I own."

What do you like best?

I can unlock it with FaceID or Touch ID on my phone and laptop. Seamless multi device and multi platform compatibility. Exceptional user experience. Easy to use and share with multiple clients and family members. Easy to tag and categorise. Well written, witty user guides and update info. Active development with noticeable continual improvements. Choice of iCloud or Dropbox sync (only before purchase). Free 30-day trial.

What do you dislike?

I only have very minor quibbles, i.e. US-centric labels for categories - but these can be easily customised. There is also a small issue beyond the control of the 1Password developers - a small percentage of websites do not label their form fields correctly or make their login appear in multiple windows or popups - however, 1Password saves all info, so in this case I just need to double-check that the info is matched to the appropriate field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you buy, consider if you want the Mac App Store version with iCloud storage or if you need Dropbox syncing for more cross-compatibility.

I am a web designer, contractor and social media manager with multiple logins for different clients. The tagging system and categorisation makes it very easy to manage their systems and remind them of their own passwords - it's amazing how many companies do not use products like this and do not have control over their own security.

1Password review by <span>Kinny C.</span>
Kinny C.

"A great “little black book”. Works like a charm!"

What do you like best?

Takes care of pretty much all of my passwords, far better than any human can! Have been using 1PW since version 3.x, and it has grown up rather well. Also use it for secure notes and other details, plus items that I want synced across my devices (we are living in the digital age, after all!) On my iOS and Mac devices, the browser integration works great — and so too does the Touch ID / Face ID authentication methods.

What do you dislike?

There’s not much to dislike about 1Password (personal wish lists don’t count here, obviously). In my opinion, the app/service is the best in its category/class! However, while 1PW addresses the needs of all users, it may seem — and feel — a little complicated to set up and to use (I’ve had a few people tell me this after my recommendations to them, and I see where they’re coming from). It would be nice if a “simple mode” be available for those who just wants a place to store all their passwords, and not have to deal with types of data, specific password quality settings, etc (like a “wizard” mode, but for creating logins!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is a solid product for individuals, families and business users, and I absolutely trust the product and how they’ve chosen to implement the product, for both the app/software and the online service (at 1password-dot-com). Most importantly, the support resources (knowledgeable and forums) are more than adequate, and response times to questions are excellent (besides their own team, other 1PW users chip in on helping out others in need!)

I’ve sampled the 1Password for Teams service previously, and besides all the native functionality of 1Password, being able to administer accounts and deploy passwords, whether common or specific, is certainly much easier — and way more practical — than in a scenario where attending to individual users becomes a requirement.

1Password review by <span>Steve A.</span>
Steve A.

"Great product I recommend to my colleagues "

What do you like best?

Security, convenience in the application, and the browser.

Simple enough for the average computer user.

What do you dislike?

The windows application has been having some issues for me.

After one update, the application would crash after starting up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are not already using a password manager, 1password can be a great start to at least stop you using the same passwords on many sites. Once you start to use the application frequently, you can start to use more of the keyboard shortcuts, so that entering passwords is much faster with 1Password even if you have a password that is 60 characters long!

Having completely different passwords for many different accounts, so that if any accounts get compromised, the impact is just to that account.

Easy interface to search all passwords that have not been changed in more than 6 months, so I know what passwords could do with a rotation.

1Password review by <span>Nicolas C.</span>
Nicolas C.

"1Password literally changed my life"

What do you like best?

1password changed my life. What I like the most is the fact that I don't have to suffer trying to remember passwords and logins anymore and beyond that, you feel that you have an extra protection on your accounts because you can use really complex passwords generated randomly by the apps. Before 1password I had the know by heart all my logins. Today I don't even have a clue what they are. They are all securely organized in my vaults.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. It is really a very useful product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really makes life easier.

In a work environment sometimes we have to share logins with other peers. With 1password that's all made easy. Additionally, when you are responsible for systems that are specific to your department, you can control from 1password all the accesses you have distributed to the team.

On top of that, you can also use it to store sensitive data and documents if you want.

1Password review by <span>Blake C.</span>
Blake C.

"Flexible, easy to use solution"

What do you like best?

1password offers a variety of options to access all the passwords you use - you can log in via browser, the desktop app, or a browser plugin. Desktop app and logging in through the website work consistently well. The password generator is also nice, because it's a pain to come up with original passwords that meet various platforms' requirements so being able to punch in the requirements and get a password that works is great.

What do you dislike?

The browser plugin can be a little buggy after updating and will often require restarting my computer (not just the browser) to work. Also, sometimes when prompted to save a new login, it doesn't accurately capture the username, just the password. This is most common when signing up with websites that require the username and password to be entered on separate screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well on both Windows and Apple OS machines, so a good choice for a mixed-device office. While there isn't any Linux support, it's reported to work pretty well in WINE.

Due to working with in multiple instances, we need a secure solution to store our own passwords as well as easily access shared login information. It saves the need to memorize multiple passwords, come up with original passwords, and spares those of us using shared logins from having to do multiple password resets. Also, since we use it as both individuals and as a team, having separate individual and shared vaults gives us the best of both worlds.

1Password review by <span>Joel G.</span>
Joel G.

"So simple even my Mom uses it"

What do you like best?

1Password makes it easy to practice basic password security. Creating strong and different password for each service I use is no longer an issue.

What do you dislike?

Sharing passwords with family and/or team members is possible, but not as smooth as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your current password management solution can export a CSV of accounts you can easily import it into 1Password. Be careful when seeing up shared Vaults though because it can be easy to give a lot of people access to accounts they shouldn't otherwise have access to.

Storing and sharing client credentials and shared accounts always included people writing down or otherwise insecurely sharing passwords with each other. This also meant that if one person changed the password everyone else would get locked out. Using 1Password means that people don't need to actually know the sensitive information to access the account and syncing happens automatically!

1Password review by <span>Kevin G.</span>
Kevin G.

"1Password: Your New Security Officer"

What do you like best?

1Password simplifies my life and gives me peace of mind. With one password that I can remember, 1Password allows me to unlock a "vault" of very strong, very secure passwords. It can autofill and submit my login credentials, my name and contact info, credit card numbers, security codes, expiration dates, and more. When setting up a new account on a website, 1Password can suggest a strong and secure password that has not previously been used by me. Having a unique, strong password means better security for me across the web.

What do you dislike?

Trying to come up with something I dislike about 1Password is tough. I've been using it for a long time and it does everything I need. I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage to check out the competitors, but I believe 1Password will stand up to them all.

1Password allows me, as a consultant and web developer, to set up additional vaults to keep track of client credentials without cluttering up my own vault. Their team plans allow for sharing passwords and other credentials with a group of people without having to share the specific credentials in an insecure way. They offer family plans, as well.

The biggest benefit to me is peace of mind knowing I have secure passwords stored in a super-secure encrypted vault and I don't have to remember all of them.

1Password review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

"Increase security, never forget passwords, share accounts with coworkers"

What do you like best?

1Password works on all my devices - I have an Android phone, a Mac laptop, and a Windows PC - there are plugins for all the popular web browsers. I have a family plan I can share with people in my household, but I can have a separate vault for work passwords, which can share selected passwords with coworkers. I can generate strong passwords, or choose my own.

What do you dislike?

When using the app from a phone, you have to do some task-switching to get the password out of 1password. Every so often, you have to restart the desktop apps to get the web browser plugins to work properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They regularly release patches to the software (a few times per quarter).

We do web development, so we are constantly creating test user accounts on obscure websites. 1password allows me to securely share those passwords internally.

1Password review by <span>jeffrey s.</span>
jeffrey s.

"1Password Changed My Life (and How I Work)"

What do you like best?

I can't even begin to list all the things I love about 1Password. From its features and usability to the company and support.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to get back into an account that has lost their master password and does not have their emergency kit... Although, this is still a good thing...

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a big upgrade from other password software such as lastpass. There is even a way to migrate all your passwords at once. If you are thinking of switching, do it!

I make websites and I have a lot of clients. Each client has their own passwords for their website, their domain registrar, their hosting provider and many other services. 1Password is THE best solution for keeping it all private, secure and in one place. This is not just a convenience, it's a liability for my business.

1Password review by <span>Rich L.</span>
Rich L.

"1Password knows more about me than me and I'm okay with it."

What do you like best?

Love that it's available on my web browser, phone, tablet. Whenever I need to retrieve a password, it's there and ready. I've never needed to question it's security model. There are never any "patches" that so many products have for security bugs.

What do you dislike?

I tried it on a windows machine once. I wasn't crazy about the interface. Far different from the Mac version. Not sure if they've been synced since then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use it on the Mac, my iP.hone and iPad. It ties together beautifully. You create or update a password on one device and it's immediately available on your other devices

Like so many people, just the fact that it holds all of my passwords from hundreds of sites and I only need to know....well, one password. Not many products out there are as fundamentally important to one's daily life on the internet.

1Password review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"It'll change your life"

What do you like best?

1Password enables you to use strong passwords that are unique – meaning you will never use the same password twice. Their team and family platforms make it amazingly simple to share passwords with your co-workers or family members. These features alone have streamlined our work as a custom software development company where we collaborate remotely with clients and other team members.

The password generator is another widely used feature that allows us to generate impossible-to-guess passwords that are unique. By default, we always generate 30-charachter random passwords with numbers, special characters and letters. I never know what my passwords are, and never need to.

Dropbox vault syncing makes it incredibly simple to access passwords, logins, and secure notes across all devices. I use 1Password on 2 laptops, a mobile phone, and 3 tablets. Once I store a password, it's available on all devices.

What do you dislike?

Sharing passwords is insecure and slightly cumbersome, but with 1Password for Teams coming out soon and 1Password for families that problem should be largely solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password certainly changed the way I manage online accounts. I feel more secure than ever, and I don't have to remember any login credentials ever again (except for my one master password, of course!)

Trying to solve the problem of protection agains brute force login attacks, managing thousands of passwords for myself and for clients, and sharing passwords between trusted people. The benefits are huge. We've secured thousands of accounts with both strong passwords and 2-factor authentication, and all password data are managed in secure vaults.

1Password review by <span>Lee S.</span>
Lee S.

"Excellent, even for novices"

What do you like best?

The cool gauge that tells me whether my password is weak, medium, or strong. I create my passwords , rather than relying on 1Password to generate random strings, and it is very helpful to know when I have made the password long and complex enough.

What do you dislike?

I am not a sophisticated user, so I always hope for greater simplicity without losing the convenience of my favorite features. If the program tracks the features I currently use, an occasional reminder "Have you tried xxx?" might be helpful, but I doh't know how that could be done without sacrificing user privacy. Maybe a "cool feature of the quarter", with self-selected tracks for beginners and intermediate users? ,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has been an excellent choice for my small business.

Thanks to 1Password, I actually have a discrete password for each log-in, membership, and subscription. Hurrah!

1Password review by <span>Jordan B.</span>
Jordan B.

"Security and Convenience - Yes, it is possible"

What do you like best?

The convenience of having all your passwords in one place is great, but I can do that in a spreadsheet. Making it encrypted and secure, however, is what makes 1 Password indispensable. The password generator is very convenient and the auto fill function works will in almost every website I've visited.

What do you dislike?

1 Password for Windows doesn't seem to work for me. It would not sync the latest password after I changed it on another machine. Set up takes a bit of time, and it might get tedious entering your password as often as the default setting requires, but it's a good tradeoff for more security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have linux, maybe check out LastPass, otherwise 1 Password does everything you need.

Sharing passwords across select groups within the company makes the product extremely convenient for business.

1Password review by <span>Shirin E.</span>
Shirin E.

"You cannot manage passwords and secure information without 1Password (if you know a way- let me know"

What do you like best?

Running a startup means we use lots of online software. 1Password is the most elegant, secure management for passwords, password updates and password audits that I've ever seen.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password is a well-written piece of software and they have excellent support. Additionally, you can seamlessly use it on computers, mobile devices, and tablets without fear. They also feature articles on how they come up with complex methods of encrypting data and really locking up your data so that only you can access it.

1Password allows us to manage passwords almost like a password locker. You use 1 password and you gain access to all the passwords you need. When websites force you to change your update, the changes are automatically updated. We waste no time guessing passwords and getting locked out of accounts. Additionally, we've chosen password "recipes" that are really complex (many symbols, many numbers and a good mix of upper and lowercase that are 17 characters or longer

1Password review by <span>Helge S.</span>
Helge S.

"Endlich das Papierlose, digitale Büro - sicher und übersichtlich"

What do you like best?

1 Password ist mir ein Begleiter im digitalen Lebensalltag. Unersetzlich. Als Pro User nutze ich ihn die APP im iPhone, iPad, Mac und bin begeistert von Anfang an über die Nutzerfreundlichkeit.

Das Design ist Apple-like (ein absoluter Kaufgrund) und die sinnvollen Kategorien haben dazu geführt, dass ich alle meine Pass-, Bank-, Finanzamts und Verwaltungsdokumente hier organisieren, meine Angestellten und die Passwortverwaltung der gesamten Firma. Es ist sicher, übersichtlich und endlich das Papierlose Büro.

What do you dislike?

alles super - keine Probleme gehabt seit Anfang an.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zwar kostet das Produkt einiges, aber es ist diese Investition wirklich wert.

- digitaler Tresor aller Wertsachen

- Von Zeugnissen bis Ids aller Art

- 1342 Objekte, sichere Passwörter für alles,

- E-Mail-Konten als Administrator für viele Angestellte

- Admin von Mail, Datenbanken, Webseiten, die ich hoste und betreue.

- Softwarelizenzen erhalten endlich einen Platz

1Password review by <span>Larry E.</span>
Larry E.

"It's a pretty easy to use product and you'd better have a password manager"

What do you like best?

It's very convenient to use with the browser plugin, and since it matches the domain name in the URL you're visiting with those in your password database, it can help prevent you from getting phished by scammers who use domain names similar to those you trust.

What do you dislike?

I'd like it to sync on a regular schedule when using a local server. I'm concerned that they'll remove the local-server option and force you to sync your accounts using their own server. I'd rather everything stay with me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and has a good feature set. It doesn't support Linux.

I use it to make it feasible to maintain different strong passwords for all of my accounts, and to give me a buffer against phishers who use misleading domain names.

1Password review by <span>Phi H.</span>
Phi H.

"It actually freed my mind"

What do you like best?

As the name of this software, I only need to remember one and only one master password. Other thing I love is integrated one-time password generation. I have retired Google Authentication app since I bought 1Password license. Specially, the apple watch app is so convenient for one-password. I love that experience and use one-password more and more as long as the service I use supports it.

What do you dislike?

The chrome extension only works if 1Password app installed. It can't work as alone.

I don't have to worry about my password was hacked or leaked on some online services. As before, I used 1 password for all services since I couldn't remember all if I used different password for each service. Now if one of services was hacked, hackers cannot use the password they got to access other services I use.

1Password review by <span>Peter D.</span>
Peter D.

"Simple, convenient, everywhere"

What do you like best?

I've been using 1Password since 2008 at least. One of my must-have, install-first apps on any device. I love fingerprint ID to unlock the app. I love being able to invoke 1Password in iOS Safari to log in using my fingerprint. I love knowing that I can generate secure passwords that I don't have to memorize.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike; the interface is a little dated but who cares?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Other password managers have come along since 1Password but I haven't given them a first glance, let alone a second. This app has proven itself to be reliable time and time again.

Instant, secure access to confidential information on all of my devices. I can generate secure passwords in all sorts of formats without needed to remember them.

1Password review by <span>Steven B.</span>
Steven B.

"Used every day"

What do you like best?

I've recommended this App to all of my family and friends and use it on a daily basis. I've never had any security concerns and feel that I'm well protected. I can't imagine not having 1Password on my Mac and iOS devices, it's probably the most useful app I have (after my calendar).

What do you dislike?

The license plan is somewhat confusing. I have been a user of this app prior to the licensing plan/monthly fees and it is not clear to me how to add new users to my family plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm a long-time user of 1Pass and find the new licensing system for family plans somewhat difficult to integrate and explain to my family of users - particularly the different vaults.

Hugely streamlines and saves time that would be used sorting out password resets.

1Password review by <span>Achraf A.</span>
Achraf A.

"I have been using 1Password for the past 2 years and it's an excellent experience."

What do you like best?

The software has a nice and clean interface, easy to use, very fast and it's so reliable and natural I almost started to forget websites still use passwords, it just works.

What do you dislike?

The Chrome plugin sometimes becomes unresponsive and I need to refresh the page or exit/reopen the 1Password software "process" from the Task Manager to get it to work, I wish there was a "reset" button to restart the process in an easy way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend you give it a try, you will love it and it'll be part of your workflow in no time.

I use a plethora of web services as part of my daily workload, as a security conscious tech guy, I'm required to use a different password for each website I signup to, which proves to be too difficult in practice, now with the 1Password software, I simply create a very long random password for each website I signup to and it'll log me in with no hassle each time I need to use that website, this saves me precious time and effort.

1Password review by <span>Jim S.</span>
Jim S.

"1pw works beautifully across devices"

What do you like best?

I love that I can store and retrieve passwords and other information across devices, and can retrieve securely even while offline. I like that the keychain is stored locally and I don't have to be online to get it.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike about 1pw. I've been using it a few years without any trouble whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for storing little files containing keys or tokens for authentication. Works offline (where that's applicable - such as storing the combination to the office safe). Instant one-hot-key log-in to web sites using browser extension.

I can coordinate keychains across devices with this very compatible software. Dropbox provides an effortless sync from one computer to another. I have multiple keychains that are used in combinations of devices. Easy to manage.

1Password review by <span>Diogo R.</span>
Diogo R.

"Best Password Manager around"

What do you like best?

1Password is simple and intuitive. It integrates with all browsers, you can use a keyboard shortcut, a browser extension or the tray icon. It also integrates with different operative systems, whether desktop or mobile. There's a master password to access all of them and the password generator can create a random one and save it after you signup the service you're trying to register.

If you use Apple devices, you can use sincronize or Vault (where your passwords are) between devices. It's the best security application. It helps your forget about the passwords, forcing you to have more secure standards.

What do you dislike?

The price is a bit high (I'm refering to the one-time, not the monthly subscription), but it's worth it. I'm using it for a couple of years and I don't regret it. System integration, from my experience, in OSX (and later, macOS) is not that great. For example, in iTunes you have to use the tray icon and look for your password. This is because of how the system sandboxes applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think twice. It's a stable software. The way the passwords are stored in the Vault is public (meaning, they publish technical information about it) so you can check their high security level.

Password management, and more specifically, having strong and different passwords for each service, accessible on any of my devices.

1Password review by <span>David H.</span>
David H.

"The first app you need to install. Essential if you are busy online."

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use, especially in how it saves passwords. It's unobtrusive. It never messes up. Support is great too, but it's a rare case when I need to use it. I love Dropbox integration. Nicely designed.

I have been using it solidly for 7 years and it really keeps getting better. I tried alternatives just to see if there was anything I was missing, but I can honestly say it is the top password manager. I use it on iPhone, iPad and laptop and syncs nicely.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike.

AS well as using it for personal use, we use it to sync our passwords across the company and since it's unobtrusive, it works flawlessly in the background.

1Password review by <span>Helen S.</span>
Helen S.

"Peace of mind, simplicity with absolute security. "

What do you like best?

Seamless integration across all my devices, everything in one place and I only need to remember a single password. I like that I can have my various business and personal security in separate vaults ....and I can store a copy of my passport/license etc.

I love that I NEVER have an issue with access to everything I need with a single log in.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about 1Password and I can't imagine managing without it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having had a 100% positive experience with 1Password I wholeheartedly recommend this product to businesses and individuals alike

Managing the varying aspects of my business life in one place with multiple vaults. Shared access is well supported. Risk and security issues are eliminated.

1Password review by <span>Amanda S.</span>
Amanda S.

"1Password is a great tool of a great company."

What do you like best?

I love 1Password for years now - it is making everything around passwords safe as well as easy. Creating and changing passwords - as long as the site allows, memorable if I wish - working with one-time passwords, on iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad, all safe, now also on iPad/iOS as easy as I can imagine. And some help and reminders with privacy, weak and duplicate passwords, watchtower ... Please go on as you did, face the ongoing challenges - thank you for the amazingly useful app1

What do you dislike?

I don't like the process of taking a generated password to the clipboard. I think it doesn't give me the best user experience. I'd like a shorter instant way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think 1Password is the best option in the market in terms of security. I really appreciate how active the company is and how much interaction continues with customers in social networks, the company's forum, etc. to provide feedback and make the 1Password experience even better every day.

1Password review by <span>Bryan R.</span>
Bryan R.

"Security, Convenience and Confidence"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, keeps getting better, secure.

What do you dislike?

Non standard websites have issues sometimes. Sometimes I have to go in and manually change things because websites update their sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use mac and iOS and it works great.

My digital life is way more secure because one password. I don't have to worry about someone getting access to my online accounts. If there is some security breach, all I have to do is change the password of the site that was breached. All of my passwords are generated, so I don't even know them. 1password makes it easy to access from all of my devices. More and more there are even apps that integrate 1password which just makes life that more convenient.

1Password review by <span>Sylvia k.</span>
Sylvia k.

"excellent tool to save passwords."

What do you like best?

Use 1Password on 2 laptops, a mobile phone and 2 tablets. Once I store a password, it is available on all devices. I can put bank account information, software licenses, wireless router information, people identities, database information and secure notes, what I like the most is the fact that I do not have to suffer trying to remember passwords and logins, and beyond that, you feel that you have additional protection in your accounts because you can use really complex passwords generated randomly by the Applications, You can automatically fill out and send my login credentials, my name and contact information, credit card numbers, security codes, due dates and more.

What do you dislike?

It does not work on Windows Phone or Blackberry, if you forget your master password, there's no way to get it back, so make sure it's something you can remember.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great app, very useful and easy to use.

It helps create a safer work environment and relieves the burden of increasing attacks, it allows me to share and control group passwords or important information with other people on my team. And finally, every time the password is different, there is less risk of piracy or data loss.

1Password review by <span>dan d.</span>
dan d.

"Cmd + \"

What do you like best?

The Cmd + \ keyboard shortcut makes all the other features work smoothly. Being able to sync the vault file with dropbox is an excellent solution to keeping the data synced up.

What do you dislike?

Team pricing too expensive. I'd love to use this multiple people and configure who gets access to what passwords, but the subscription based pricing is prohibitively expensive. I wish they had a one-time purchase for a license like their standard app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love this software. I sync the password file with dropbox which works decently. The ease of logging into websites using the keyboard shortcuts is fantastic. The team version would be nice, but I prefer the traditional license purchase over a subscription.

Easily managing a bazillion emails.

1Password review by <span>David  B.</span>
David B.

"The best App you will ever download!"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin... Personally, this is the best App I own and use on a daily basis! It saves me time, money and allows me to keep control of all my top secret passwords and data. I have been using OnePassword for over 5 years, and I would never change (at least I don't think I would) to an alternative.

The fact is the App is simple to use, secure and provides complete control over my password management, the days of notebooks or even protected spreadsheets are long gone. I have recommended OnePassword thousands of times to others.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective Vs other similar Apps

- Robust - Never had an issue or outage

- Innovation - OnePassword are always looking at new tools or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with other 3rd parties software such as Apples iOS

- Great mobile App for access on the move, simple to access when you need a password or pin number

- Cloud-based so syncs across all my devices.

What do you dislike?

Well... this is a tricky question to answer, as there isn't anything I can think of! Maybe the ability to unlock your vault on your laptop using your mobile device, thus saving your fingers entering your master password. So much easier on a device with fingerprint or facial recognition.

Keeps all my password protected, secured and under one master key. Allows me to share and control group passwords or important information with others in my team. And finally, ever password is different, less risk of data hacking or loss.

1Password review by <span>Christopher M.</span>
Christopher M.

"Come for the Amazing UI, Stay for the Crypto Implementation and Bug-Free Backend"

What do you like best?

The user interface. I like that new useful features just appear over time. For example, now when I tab out of an app in IOS after copying my username, then paste that into another app, then tab back to 1Password it *automatically* copies the password because... obviously that's exactly what I would have done next (to paste it into the app once I tab back).

I like the iconography they use for different asset types in the desktop UI.

The ability to attach jpegs or pdfs to assets is really handy for example when scanning identity cards or membership certificates.

The ability to store secure notes gives me a better place to stick core info than OneNote (or Evernote which I used to use).

The web form field auto-entry is nearly flawless and an easy keyboard shortcut away to access. I never give a second thought to using extremely long cryptographically difficult passwords with upper/lower/numbers/punctuation.

The password generation is great. I like that I can avoid ambiguous characters. The password generation where it does words instead of random strings is really handy for setting up security questions like "what's your mother's maiden name?". Why of course, it's "meager biennial gunwale ammonite", thanks for asking.

I like how seamless the integration is between IOS and OSX. Even after my company blocked use of iCloud sync I was able to fall back to Dropbox sync and everything is still working perfectly.

I used LastPass for years and years and finally switched to 1Password as a superior tool. I've maintained a minimal LastPass presence since then and still stand by my claim it is the better option.

What do you dislike?

Don't change a thing! Seriously, just keep doing exactly what you're doing and I'll be a happy camper.

Actually, I take that back. Two small things:

- No native support for http password challenge (Apache style) login. This is one of the very few features LastPass still had over 1Password.

- Need family emergency recovery code with notification. There's no easy built-in way to provide a one-time recovery password to be given to a family member or trusted individual to use in case of disaster, which *also* will send a notification in case it is used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Do it safely; start with it in parallel with whatever password manager you already use and gradually trust it with more responsibility. After a year, you'll probably be ready to move over.

1Password's ability to do hierarchical subdomain matching has saved me from having to store multiple instances of the same username/password and just rely on one master password. I realize you can store multiple URLs in a single login asset but the domain matching still comes in handy for the circumstance of "auto-login against domain foo.mycompany.com" matches: 1. "MyCompany", 2. "MyCompany (Foo Unique / Different)".

1Password review by <span>Randy C.</span>
Randy C.

"The best for 10 years +"

What do you like best?

Continued innovation. Listens to customers. Multi platform. Syncs over dropbox. Never lost data in over 10 years.

What do you dislike?

Trying to move to subscription model. Very few login pages aren't recognized. Unfortunately my bank is one of them. I must use a two step manual copy and paste of my user name on the first page of login. It's automatic after that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using by one person attempt to buy the product one time then upgrade to newer versions when appropriate. If using by a team, the subscription model does have merits.

Passwords are more important that keys today. Each one should be different. 1Password allows me to easily provide each needed password on my Mac, Windows, and iPhone and they stay synced when changed on any platform. It automatically remembers a changed password when a website requires it and you are aware it is updating it when it does so. While I've never tried another product for password mgt., 1Password has never given me a reason to look elsewhere.

1Password review by <span>Jowi T.</span>
Jowi T.

"Can't imagine working without it!"

What do you like best?

Allows you to maintain (and change and update at will) best security practices on a wide variety of logins without having to think about remembering any of it or manually matching changes on different devices.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades sometimes cause a glitch in Safari in the disabling of 1Pmini that requires quitting and restarting the browser but otherwise few problems. Wish the sign-ins that work in a browser (such as for a banking site) ALWAYS worked in the app versions of those sites on mobile devices. Many, for example, do not accept FaceID on my iPhoneX

No real business solutions beyond the business tools I also use in personal work. Biggest advantage has been training my 80 year old mother to use it to keep her online life more secure and easier. Has (mostly) eliminated the ratty and dangerous pad of paper next to her desk with ALL of her passwords on it!

1Password review by <span>Christopher H.</span>
Christopher H.

"Password management for the entire family/team"

What do you like best?

I've been a 1Password user for many years. As a developer I have to remember far too many passwords to manage effectively and I need a secure way to do this. 1Password has fit the bill wonderfully. I'm a monthly paid user and love how I can manage my entire family either online or through the application. Having my passwords with me at all times has proven time and time again that without this solution... I'd be lost.

What do you dislike?

I did not like that they changed to a monthly subscription rather than a paid application. However, after having this for about a year now. I prefer it. It makes sure that I always have the most up-to-date application and that there isn't a security risk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you save the document they provide you for recovery upon setup. You'll need it many times over to access the account online.

Password management. I'm the only one on the team that uses it and the benefits are that I've never forgotten or lost a password. I'm now the goto team member if anyone forgets their login information.

1Password review by <span>Ryan S.</span>
Ryan S.

"Great for securing secrets for a family"

What do you like best?

I'm a subscriber to the 1passwords for families and I love the ability to have private credentials, as well as credentials that are shared with my spouse. Agile Bits really takes privacy of credentials seriously and reading their white paper on how they do shared credentials has really put my mind as ease.

What do you dislike?

The price per user could be lower - but that is such a minor complaint for the product they provide

I needed a secure way to store credentials for my entire family. The ability to easily generate complex passwords, but still have them easily accessible has been great. We keep all the kids' credentials in another vault that we all have access to. It's comforting knowing that if I forgot my master password I can recover it using the families features. It's great the the year costs include access to all versions of the product, both desktop and mobile.

1Password review by <span>Ralph G.</span>
Ralph G.

"The Best Password manager around!"

What do you like best?

The integration of 1Password into iOS is absolutely gorgeous. Being able to adjust on-the-fly what requirements I need to create a password is extremely helpful and makes having different passwords for every account an absolute breeze. Just by not having to remember these passwords makes it must have piece of software.

What do you dislike?

At this particular point, the only thing I can think of is the change to a subscription price point. I have heard many people dislike this switch and it's also made it harder to justify with other services out there (albeit not as well developed).

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best password managers out on the market today. While the new subscription pricing may be a deterrent for someone looking to implement the software, it is a small price to pay for the added security that you get when fully utilizing this software. The ability to keep strong and complex passwords for every site that you sign up to separate is a big step in the right direction for security and safety of your clients. To not have to REMEMBER those passwords makes it just that much more special!

By using 1Password we are able to keep strong passwords and have different passwords for all out accounts and access sites. It helps to create a more secure working environment and eases the burden of increasing hackings.

1Password review by <span>James C.</span>
James C.

"This is my go-to password manager recommendation for friends and business colleagues"

What do you like best?

After 9 years, I can confidently say this software is under constant development and gets incrementally better year after year — without breaking — which is amazing given the security landscape.

What do you dislike?

I hate having to log in with the master password on my phone after a restart, but that's life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time asking friends in your industry. I've introduced a friend's law firm, and they adopted it. Ditto two other agencies. Again, ask friends in your industry if they use it and what they think. It has a medium price tag, but for security and peace of mind, we haven't looked back because it means strong passwords and administrators and clients who comply with the password rules.

I've been able to generate unique passwords for web clients, databases, and other online projects — generating hundreds of unique and sharable passwords each year. Having a central repository for all these passwords is a huge convenience and has made clients happy. We've never been compromised on any of our online campaigns for wont of a secure password.

1Password review by <span>Kevin K.</span>
Kevin K.

"Secure and portable"

What do you like best?

I keep password and important scanned documents securely on the web, so I can access using a phone, laptop, desktop, and share info with my wife using the same account. I keep scans of my passport, birth cert, visas, bank info, and all sorts of other info that I can email to people when applying for a job or if I need to show someone proof: and all from my phone! It's also useful for remembering web site logins of course, and I can auto fill credit card ino on web pages.

What do you dislike?

When the app updates I have to download scanned documents from the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait any longer. Choose the web option so you can use one datasource for multiple devices and more easily sync.

Secure information when I travel, knowing the iphone is fingerprint secure and that 1password is an extra layer of security on important info, using my fingerprint to access it.

1Password review by <span>Katherine Y.</span>
Katherine Y.

"1Password easy use, I love"

What do you like best?

Good app. Unfortunately, the free android app is quite nerfed since you cannot add a new item or add an old one. I also don't like the fact that they are just using the cloud with an expensive monthly fee (as I already purchased the stand-alone version for desktops some years ago). That said, the app still remains one of the best password manager on the market, even thought there are other alternatives which are getting as good as this one.

What do you dislike?

No autofill on Samsung web browser. (Some other alternatives have that feature). No security audit on Android. Advanced settings on web interface are not as many as its competitor. No Two-Factor Authentication. I used to use it on another platform until they release 1password cloud account and it was paid. Now, it is free for everyone except the cloud account. I also couldn't see adding a new vault screen on the app. Syncing is good and it is always up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it's very useful, it's worth trying.

Your team's plans allow you to share passwords and other credentials with a group of people without having to share specific credentials in an unsafe manner.

1Password review by <span>Ian G.</span>
Ian G.

"Worth the money"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, security, password generation, and ability to store additional information (bank account numbers and even small files) securely.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've found is that I dislike it locking immediately when switched to the background on IOS. I understand why, but still annoying.

This is from 8 years of daily usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the money, cross platform support is excellent.

As a computer security expert, I understand the need to have unique passwords for every website and service and I attempt to drill this need into other people.

Since most computer users have many such passwords, you either need a system to remember such passwords (hard), write them down (problematic), use the same password (insecure), or use a password manager (easy and secure).

I chose 1Password as my password manager a number of years ago and have had no reason to regret that choice and recommend it to other people.

1Password review by <span>Kevin M.</span>
Kevin M.

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I never have to think about passwords anymore - It's not invasive it only puts in the password to pages when I ask it to... it doesn't try to put it in for me. (I think that las past is too invasive that way)

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is limited to cut and paste and I cannot (or at least I don't know how to) share an encrypted password with another user. (I've seen this done in LastPass - but I still like 1Password much better)

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have multiple accounts for the same software, it's a no-brainer.

Saved time and frustration of never having to come up with a new password, and never having to remember any password.

1Password review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Life in 2018"

What do you like best?

That I can have unique passwords for every web site that I have to logon to. I also love that I can store secure files. I travel internationally for business and having access to things like a photo of my passport in my smart phone or my laptop gives me a lot of piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

It is super easy to use on my computers but a bit more complicate on my smart phone. Often I have to open the app and copy a password to another app or to a web site. I can live with this since 1password opens with my fingerprint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a solution for saving unique passwords you are making a mistake. Kind of like riding a road bike without having bike shoes and clip in pedals - crazy

Security, security, security. My start up has lots of logons to financial institutions, government websites, etc. Unique passwords are super important to me.

1Password review by <span>Frank F.</span>
Frank F.

"The best password manager you can buy for the mac"

What do you like best?

I have both the mac and PC version of this software, but I'm primarily a Mac user and the windows version was a nice addon to have asI do have to work on a PC sometimes. The best thing is that I could buy it once and use it, I do not subscribe to the service and that option has not been taken away by the developer. Many developers leave their old users in the dust when they move to a subscription model.

Another thing is that it just works and is constantly updated to provide you with the best security.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about this software. The one thing I would like is the option to have a portable version like Roboform.

Anyway, it's a small ask and not a deal breaker for me.

I would like to see two factor Authentication when a vault is added to 1password for the first time on a new machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be pricey for a new person and for home users. I'm a legacy user when it cost around 35$ I've paid to upgrade a few times but now it's around 80$ Canadian. There are many other options out there which are much cheaper but if your power user this is the software to go with.

Security and having to remember a million password, the internet still has to agree on universal login and till then 1password has saved me well. At work, passwords change every couple of months so this is a lifesaver in keeping up.

1Password review by <span>Sabrina L.</span>
Sabrina L.

"Makes life easier and more secure"

What do you like best?

My team/company doesn't have to worry about passwords being stored in insecure places and can easily share the needed passwords for different accounts w/ each other, making development that much faster. I also use it for my personal use and not having to look up e.g. cryptic hints to myself to figure out the password for a particular site also makes my personal life run that much smoother.

What do you dislike?

Clicking on the 1Password icon when it's an extension in the browser isn't always very responsive (i.e. I have to click it a few times before the prompt to input my master password pops up).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team behind 1Password keeps pushing out updates to make 1Password a better product w/ regular frequency. I haven't had to submit any support tickets yet, but their support in terms of bug fixes seems pretty stellar given how many times I'm prompted to download the latest update.

Hopping on to help w/ a project is facilitated by the easy process of sharing passwords.

1Password review by <span>Adrian S.</span>
Adrian S.

"Unbeatable password management "

What do you like best?

I've used 1Password personally for years and loved it. It really makes a difference. For work it now has replaced a shared spreadsheet with common passwords.

Also the Touch ID integration is fabulous.

It also has replaced Google Authenticator for most of us as it syncs, which means if you lose your phone you're ok.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone in the company uses it as extensively but still needs access. Does make it a bit more costly than I'd like.

Also I've still not got around the authentication system, and how to safely store the special key.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend it. We couldn't live with out it.

Easy of sharing passwords between teams. 2FA./

1Password review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Separates lives perfectly"

What do you like best?

It's no secret that we're inundated with both work & personal logins across various different touchpoints every day. What I really enjoy about 1Password is the ability for it to separate my work & personal logins easily and simply. Through their vault & label features, I'm able to easily switch between the two spheres.

What do you dislike?

URL duplication. 1Passwords fails at certain times, especially when used on the same authentication across two different subdomains on the same website. While this shouldn't be 1Password's fault, I would like it to suggest and see if a similar entry already saved matches one and then merge the two. This would make my housekeeping a lot simpler.

We manage social accounts and logins for a range of clients and 1Password is just perfect for sharing and storing the information in one place for the same without any pesky self-deleting notes or sensitive emails flying around.

1Password review by <span>Sue B.</span>
Sue B.

"Peace of Mind"

What do you like best?

I've been using 1password for many years and it hasn't let me down. What I like best is how it integrates seamlessly with my computer and browser to log in to the huge number of sites and apps that I've gotten registered with over the years. It's also good for recording other sensitive information such as email settings and financial records.

What do you dislike?

It would be naive to ignore the remote possibility of a hacker somehow accessing the master password. There is malware that monitors keyboard activity looking for repetitive patterns, so obviously one has to take great care to avoid a malware attack – usually initiated by clicking a malicious link in a phishing email or on an attachment, advert or website that's been compromised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at reliable comparisons and reviews, if you have time give several apps a trial and then make your purchase. We all have different needs and priorities and it's sensible to find the best option for you. Your security is paramount, so don't be tempted to make your choice based on price.

After a colleague's websites were hacked, it brought it home to me how vulnerable we all are and I researched cyber security very thoroughly for an article. I discovered reports that many small business owners are still using weak passwords across all their logins.

1password has become one of my top 10 must-have apps. I'm on a mission to persuade all small business owners to protect themselves. It's such a simple and effective solution. (There are other well regarded password apps – I am not advocating that 1password is the best, but I can vouch that it works.)

Strong passwords are the first defence against hackers and cyber criminals. A brute force attack can decrypt a 7-character password in 0.29 milliseconds; 8-characters in 5 hours; 10-characters in 4 months; 12 characters in 2 centuries!

1Password review by Administrator

"Safe Place for Passwords"

What do you like best?

I am able to keep track of all the passwords and user names for the sites I visit. It is a secure app so I feel my information is safe. It is easy to add, ed

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the add-in doesn't fill the fields on the login page like I would expect them too. I've also noticed that using the phone app is awkward and not as user-friendly as I would like it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to set up 1Password on all devices that you will be using to login, need passwords for, or the other features of 1Password. It could be frustrating to go to a new device and not have the passwords and other information readily available. The setup is a bit of a hassle, but once it is done the benefit from having all the information in a single, secure location is worth it.

Saving passwords and user names in a secure location so that the associated sites cannot be hacked by someone. It is easy to keep all my user names and passwords in one place and update them as needed. Also, adding new logins is very easy.

1Password review by User

"excellent,"

What do you like best?

Best Password Manager Period. I’ve been using 1password for years. In my opinion it is absolutely essential software. As long as it continues working the way it has for me, I will be a loyal customer. Thanks 1password, you’ve saved me many a headache!

I just realized I’ve been using 1Password for seven years. I switched to 1Password because of syncing corruption problems with my previous password manager. In seven years, it has never failed me, and syncs effortlessly to all my devices. It is probably the most important program I own, yet I never have to think about it - it just works. 1Password is the best password manager you can buy, bar none.

What do you dislike?

nothing, it is an excellent application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1Password continues to be an excellent app, and while I used to say that it’s more than a password manager, now I would argue that 1Password is more than an app.

I have a 1Password subscription for my Team and my Family. Great value, great product.

Best password manager you could get, can’t live without it. The developers of this app have thought of everything. Anyone who has a Mac should own this app. Very secure with your master password. Rock solid with with the iOS app. Great idea of “1Password mini” that you can open from any time to look up passwords. Has a great password generator that you can use within the app or even within one of the many browser extensions to generate random, secure passwords. Even has security audit features (my favorite part) which show weak passwords, passwords that haven’t been changed over a certain length of time (ex. 6 months, 1 year, etc) and even duplicate passwords. Highly recommend to anyone. Well worth the investment. I can’t live without it.

1Password review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Consistent development and good support."

What do you like best?

I like password vault syncing and the ability to easily access, copy and paste info from all of our devices. I also love password generation because we have to change passwords frequently.

What do you dislike?

I tend to have multiple passwords saved for certain websites because of the way the software offers to add (vs. update) a password when you are creating a new one. Sometimes it knows to just update, but sometimes it makes a new entry. Then I have to look through the different entries to see which one was created most recently in order to get the correct password.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many password keepers, but this one has Mac/iPhone/iPad/watch apps to keep you going everywhere.

Several of our business SAAS platforms require new passwords to be created often, and random password generation and vault syncing lets us keep access to our sites without having to remember and share new custom passwords.

1Password review by <span>Ram G.</span>
Ram G.

"Stable & Reliable"

What do you like best?

1Password has been my tool of choice for many years. It simply works. Across machines, OS upgrades & versions it has been the most stable and reliable tool for storage of passwords. Its a part of my life & I can trust it

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can really think of. The product has frequent upgrades that meet all requirements

The ability to store & recall passwords, credit card information when I am using web browsers. It's a centralised safe place that syncs across devices so that I can be at my desk or away from it. I use it to remember all kinds of confidential information - Bank A/C details, Drivers license etc.,

1Password review by <span>Dave K.</span>
Dave K.

"The first app I install on any of my computers"

What do you like best?

I am a firm believer in the strongest password is the one you can't remember. 1Password is essential to adhering to that policy.

What do you dislike?

Their support is not the best. I had an issue with sorting in the Mac app and they asked for some reports and logs. In the end they said "Oh we don't really know why that's happening. Sorry." That was it. That was completely unacceptable. In the end, I fixed it myself by removing ALL traces of the app and reinstalling it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is very much worth the price if your goal is to stay safe on the web. Hopefully their support gets better.

This is for home use

1Password review by User

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

It helps me store all of my passwords, and syncs them across devices. I like that it's a separate app, meaning not built in to macos or one of the popular browsers. The reason, is that this *should* make 1password a "smaller target" to hackers, so it is less likely to be targeted. Nothing can be completely 100% safe, so security is all about how badly someone wants the information, and how hard they will work to get it. By NOT using the "default" password savers, my information isn't in what is likely to be some of the most popular targets.

What do you dislike?

On a small number of websites, login information isn't automatically filled in when I select the correct account. Instead I have to copy and paste the username and password. I assume it has something to do with how the login is implemented on those (very few) websites and applications.

i have over 400 logins, and I could never keep track of them without something like 1password.

1Password review by <span>Audree L.</span>
Audree L.

"Completely changed how I interact with the internet"

What do you like best?

Before paying for 1password, I use to have a notepad file with all of my passwords on my desktop. Each time I would need a password, I would have to decrypt the file. 1 password simplified all this. At first I could access the passwords quickly. Then I synced the file on dropbox, and my passwords became available from my work computer, as well as home computer. I installed the Chrome extension, which allows me to input the passwords and generate them in an instant. This also means that I choose much more secure passwords. Then I installed the app, which give me access to my passwords from anywhere, and it's been super helpful (traveling and you have to access some account, or at the bank and they ask you your bank account number which you forgot etc).

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike, except that it updates a bit too frequently. I also started having a bug on my home computer where it does not auto-fill anymore.

Installing a license for multiple people is not super straightforward and each time someone gets a new computer I have to look for the email to download the license file.

I bought a license for most employees, when I saw that they were keeping company passwords on notepads, and loosing them. Now I know my employees will not be losing important information, or choosing the same password for all their accounts.

1Password review by <span>Tim D.</span>
Tim D.

"The Best Password Experience for Mac."

What do you like best?

I've used this product for years. It's a simple and easy solution for creating complex passwords and implementing them. It's honestly the second piece of software I install on any new machine after Dropbox, because I keep all my passwords synced through Dropbox. Just a great piece of software, and updated often.

They also include the ability to use digital files, so if you have a piece of software that uses an actual file to authenticate, you can load it into 1Password and have it available on the machine that you're using. Very handy for multiple logins. These features are also available on the mobile app, so users have all this information with them on the go.

What do you dislike?

The in-app internet browser seems like a solution looking for a problem. It's simple enough to cut and paste passwords using whatever your flavor of browser you're using. It's not really a problem to use it, I just haven't found a situation that I've needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I rarely have a problem with syncing across multiple computers, using Dropbox integration.

1Password allows users to set up complex password beyond their logins, and then keeps them synced between logins on various machines.

1Password review by User in Internet

"Can't Live Without It"

What do you like best?

There are many things to like here, but if I had to choose my top 3, it would be sharing and syncing across all devices, ease of use, and the 1password crew and support. Trying reading their changelog when they push an update out--you'll see humor, kindness, whimsy, and really feel a part of their family.

I've been lucky enough to meet the team before -- and they were all wonderfully cordial. Try following them on Twitter and you'll see what I mean.

What do you dislike?

There's hardly anything to not like. If anything, I find the process for recovery a little complicated and confusing. You're supposed to print out a long recovery key (from your Emergency Kit) and store it someplace (like in a safe). Luckily, I've never had to recover my vault before, but I wish there were an easier technique to recover my data if so--what if I've lost that printout? What if I've lost the PDF I downloaded. Could 1password verify my identity and license through an SMS confirmation instead?

I have had several accounts that were compromised due to password leaks from other companies. After I got 1password, I use a randomly generated (by the app) password for all my sites, and since 1password lets me install this on as many of my Macs (and my phone) as I like, I'm able to login to my sites without memorizing all these passwords.

1Password review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Convenient, trusted, and better all the time."

What do you like best?

One of my favorite functions of 1password is the team vaults that allow me to keep work, personal, and family information stored without too much headache. I also adore how the browser extensions prompt you to remember passwords and help generate more robust ones for good password habits.

What do you dislike?

My main struggle is with browsers being unsigned as updates frequently render the extension unusable until I can relaunch my browser (an effort when you have so many tabs), but I think this is more a browser issue than a 1pass one, and this is because 1pass is looking out for my security.

1pass has given me much greater confidence about providing my accounts with the recommended password strategies. I've been able to control who within the organization has access to what and to much more easily ensure that when passwords do change that I do not lock out members of my team who need access. This also prevents people from falling prey to bad habits like sending authentication info over email or other means.

1Password review by <span>Charles B.</span>
Charles B.

"The worst startup and use instructions I've ever encountered "

What do you like best?

I have no idea. I never was able to get it up and running.

What do you dislike?

1Passwrod came highly recommended by my son, who is a geek, but it's Greek to me. I tried for two hours to figure out the most basic of questions, and the only one I posed over and over - how to get a password linked to this dumb software. We ema