1Password

1Password remembers your passwords for you — and helps you make them stronger. All your secrets are secure and always available, safe behind the one password that only you know.

Work for 1Password?

Learning about 1Password?

1Password Reviews

Ask 1Password a Question
Showing 439 1Password reviews
1Password review by <span>Silvio E.</span>
Silvio E.

Simple, effective and coherent password manager

What do you like best?

1Password is a great multiplatform app, helping us coordinate the use through many devices. I had a chance to try the product several years ago, recommended by some articles in the internet. I was looking for a simple solution integrating my mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices. The product has been improving a lot since then and it is a great service now.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it could be easier to use, but it keeps improving. For users without some background on security, concepts may sound unfamiliar. It is just a matter of learn an use it. I am not sure about integrations with other apps (specially at corporate/enterprise environments).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very experienced company.

Now I can have more than 1000 passwords stored, not having to remember those. If a company is looking for a solution to integrate passwords in mobile phones, Mac and Windows devices, 1Password is great. At the enterprise level, I am unsure. Dows this product integrate with Active Directory policies? With other Security apps? With compliance requirements usually found at enterprises? Gotta check!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 1Password
1Password review by <span>Anthony G.</span>
Anthony G.

1Password keeps your passwords, and all your sensitive information, safe and handy

What do you like best?

The integrations 1Password has between their own apps (desktop, and mobile) as well as browser extensions makes using 1Password a simple and seamless part of my everyday. Having safe and secure passwords is impossible unless you use a tool like this, and if you do use 1Password you don't need to worry about any of that anymore. I basically only need to remember one password now — the main password to get into my 1Password database.

What do you dislike?

every now and then I have had a problem where the browser extension didn't recognize that I had the app installed as well, and that is required for it to work. Turned out that just a simple restart of the computer jogged its memory and everything was working fine again. Other than that I have had no problems at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it. Right now. Enter all your information and use it every day. It is so sad when I see people trying to remember their passwords and looking through spreadsheets they've made to organize their passwords. They end up locked out of their own stuff and have to reset the password, starting the cycle all over again.

I use 1Password to save secure passwords, login information, product and app serial numbers, order purchase numbers, bank account information — pretty much any sensitive data that I am not going to be able to remember on my own (and it would be a waste of mental energy to do so)

What Password Manager solution do you use?

1Password review by <span>Colin P.</span>
Colin P.

Best money I ever spent

What do you like best?

It's not quite true that I only have to remember one password. I have to remember 2: one for work passwords and one for personal. But I have over 800 secrets that I *don't* have to remember, so that's a huge win.

It is a huge weight off my mind to have all those accounts using unique, long, randomly-generated passwords. When information on one of my accounts is leaked in a data breach (which has happened several times) I know that 1) I have a little bit of time to change the password because it's not easy to brute-force and 2) none of my other accounts will be compromised when that password is revealed.

What do you dislike?

Mobile Safari doesn't support plugins, so there is no way to automatically enter passwords on my iPhone. Some sites support 1Password directly, which is convenient, but most don't so using it on mobile almost always involves copy/paste. The built-in browser is fine, but it's hard to get to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account, so you can sync passwords between devices.

I work at in software development, and make extensive use of cloud services. 1Password makes it easy for my team to handle basic security procedures in even though we have a lot of disconnected accounts provided by many different companies. We don't need single sign-on, because we can manage many accounts.

1Password review by <span>Dugan A.</span>
Dugan A.

Simple, secure and sensational!

What do you like best?

How easy it is to manage passwords, and update passwords across all sites. I also use it a lot to create identities for mystery shopping purposes and use it a lot with credit and debit cards which saves me a lot of time as I can never find my wallet quickly to look at the actual cards themselves!

What do you dislike?

Don't fully understand how 1Password for IOS works and how it's meant to sync with the desktop version so have not yet started using the automatically generated passwords which are far stronger. I also use fingerprint ID all the time on my iPhone but it doesn't appear that 1Password offers this functionality yet as I always have to enter the master password when I want to use it. Filling passwords online using my phone is much more difficult but it becoming more and more usual so the better 1Password gets at working on mobile devices, the more I will use it, continue using it and recommend it to others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best password manager I've come across and just need to figure out what product is needed to get it syncing across all platforms and devices

Don't have to waste time thinking about passwords. I can see the benefits in creating very secure passwords but haven't got the confidence to do that yet, and therefore am still using passwords I can remember, but these are not so secure and I recently had my Facebook account hacked because of this.

1Password review by <span>Erica F.</span>
Erica F.

I don't know how a person lives without 1Password

What do you like best?

Before 1Password just the subject of passwords was upsetting to me. I had so many and they were all over the place and sometimes my browser would remember them and sometimes not or I couldn't find them. And that wasn't very secure. The instant I got 1Password it the whole subject of security and passwords calmed down for me. Everything is safely located in one place that I can get to from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Somehow it seems that my phone doesn't have the same passwords in my 1password app as my computers do with the desktop version. At some point I'll have to figure that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you ever lose passwords, if you ever have gotten hacked, if you get frustrated logging into any site ever, the solution to your problems is 1Password.

All my clients' passwords to every single Wordpress site or social profile or Google Analytics or email subscription service or dropbox, EVERYTHING, is all neatly stored in one place so I can relax and not worry about forgetting or losing their passwords. Ever. It's amazing.

1Password review by <span>Henry S.</span>
Henry S.

The only password manager I trust

What do you like best?

I have been using 1password for about 8 years now. In that time I have felt like I actually have a handle on my personal security. The application makes it very easy to make sure all your online identities are safe and secure, and that is my primary goal in using the application.

The recent online sync services that have been created have been great.

The security architecture is also very open, and AgileBits have published a number of white papers outlining how their system works. This is exactly what I need to see in a password manager to ensure they have not cut corners or have left themselves open for attack.

What do you dislike?

Some people have complained that it is expensive, and I did when I first bought it, but looking back at how many years of excellent service I have had I have no reservations about spending the money that I did.

Also, there is excellent built in OTP/2 factor password support which works very very well, but is pretty hard to discover if you have never used it before. It would be nice if they could make it easier to find for new users, or perhaps suggest people use it if they detect a service supports OTPs?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot, try out some of the advanced features. Also take into account the history of security incidents when considering password managers.

We use the "teams" product at work, to easily share authentication information with all staff members in a secure way. We can audit and revoke access very easily and the web-based administration interface for this is incredibly fast and pleasurable to use.

Learn more about 1Password

1Password Videos

Learning about 1Password?

* We monitor all 1Password reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.