3CX Phone System

3CX Phone System is a software-based PBX which runs on Microsoft Windows and replaces a proprietary hardware PBX. 3CX Phone System has been developed specifically for Microsoft Windows and is based on the SIP standard, making it easier to manage and allowing you to use any SIP phone (software or hardware).

Work for 3CX Phone System?

Learning about 3CX Phone System?

3CX Phone System Reviews

Showing 69 3CX Phone System reviews
3CX Phone System review by Marty C.
Marty C.

"3CX"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and very cost effective. The one year free trial made this decision simple

What do you dislike?

The occasional bug but they seem to address those relatively quickly

Recommendations to others considering the product

2 words: Free trial. Use it and decide for yourself. They offer online training as well so you can familiarize yourself with it. This platform is hard to beat.

We're a SIP telephony company and we've used several systems over the years to service our customers. When we found 3CX we knew we would be sticking with them. Overall their platform is the most stable resulting in happier customers. Also, 3CX will let you run the platform for free for 1 year which has been exponential to our revenue stream in addition to giving us time to adapt to the system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 3CX Phone System
3CX Phone System review by Keyla D.
Keyla D.

"The best IP tool for communications"

What do you like best?

I have used other telephone systems and 3CX has been the best so far, its easy handling and dynamism have helped me to maintain communications with my clients in various parts of the world. Their updates are kept up to date with the requirements that society demands as time progresses. Its interface is very easy to use, as well as the option to save the numbers in your phonebook, in addition to the excellent audio quality when making calls. One of the things I like most about this program is that I do not need to install large telephone exchanges. One of its advantages is that I can perform various activities on my computer as I engage in communication. It is a program that does not have high impact on consumption for my computer, it uses very little space. Its installation and configuration was very easy, they helped me remotely to do it. As for its cost is very low and long or short term will generate large savings in the accounts.

What do you dislike?

Although I have no complaints about 3CX Phone, rarely when the Internet fails the communication tends to fail a little, but the rest I would like to improve the function of recording calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend them to other users, I have used several call programs and 3CX Phone so far has been the best, other systems have not had the quality, fast configuration and simplicity that this program has given me. Its cost is very low compared to other IP Voice services.

Its benefits are incredible, it has helped me since I have installed it to save on costs, as well as the ease of avoiding having to install large telephone exchanges. One of the other things that has me stuck with 3CX Phone System is its interface and ease of use. Today I have to make several phone calls to different parts of the world and with this system it has been much easier, safer and faster. thaks

What Contact Center Infrastructure solution do you use?

3CX Phone System review by Seth B.
Seth B.

"3cx Review"

What do you like best?

We have only been using it for almost one year now, and so far we love it. The admin console is very user friendly and easy to use. Can setup different configurations with ease. We use Yealink phones (3 different types). Very easy to deploy a phone in a manner of minutes. The soft client is great, as well as the web client and the mobile app. We like how you can visually tell if a phone is offline

What do you dislike?

It's more of a yealink issue than 3cx, but you cannot enable call forwarding from the actual phone. you have to use the web client to do so. If you still have physical fax machines like we do, there is a little more configuration you will need to do in addition of using a analog adapter. we hope to look to move to a fax service in the future. The only other thing is trying to communicate to our employees to create their voicemail greeting as we ll as their spoken name. we found out if spoken name is not done, then their extension will not be available in the dial by name feature.

With the rising cost of our previous provider, we were looking at options. Someone told us about 3cx so we started to look into it, and after a couple of demos we liked what we saw. We could replace the entire phone system and get all brand new phones for a fraction of the cost of one year support of the other provider. Out of box you get alot of features, where as with other companies, those are extra.

3CX Phone System review by Alejandro D.
Alejandro D.

"3CX a marvel in telecommunications through the Internet"

What do you like best?

From the beginning use 3CX PHONE SYSTEM, as a program to make national and international calls, its interface is very easy and simple, it is easy to use and allows me to do different things on the computer while the call is online, integrating incredibly. All the people of the company use 3CX as a telephone to contact our customers. It is wonderful because you do not need connections with cables and additional telephone. As for its price, it is very economical compared to an external telephone service.

What do you dislike?

I think the 3cx Phone System system should improve its technological image, one of the things I do not like is that it should keep the call on hold when the internet is slow or loses connection for a moment. Your contact list should contain more options to add, I often listen to the other person, but she does not, I do not know why this happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most companies should have this system, it is economical, practical and you do not need large telephone sets. The quality of sound and video is very good, you only have to have an internet connection. You can do several things at the same time while making the call. Also the national and international calls leave with a wonderful quality.

I work as a call center for a digital magazine, and all my colleagues in this company use 3CX PHONE SYSTEM, to call and sell advertising. It is very beneficial because with a single license we can work several people, many times we use this system to make video calls to show the product.

3CX Phone System review by Federico A.
Federico A.

"An IP voice telephone system that is improving every day"

What do you like best?

I started working with the 3CX telephone system since the beginning of my work. It is very easy to install and use through the internet. has a set of characteristics that are improving every day more.

I like it a lot because I can copy the numbers, also see the statistics of the calls.

I take my computer anywhere when I travel and I can make calls only with an internet connection.

It has a very simple to use appearance, the numbers and options are clear.

What do you dislike?

I have not had such important problems with this system. I think it should come configured with the basic options, when I installed I had problems with the audio, I listened to the person, but she did not, the technician when notifying him of this problem went to work in the configuration of the microphone that was not right .

I think you should have the option to record the calls, as well as the possibility of having several calls at the same time.

I would like that when I am not using it, I will leave a predetermined message to the person who is trying to communicate with me.

At the moment of having an unstable connection, the call is dropped, I think it should be retained until the internet connection returns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend all companies and users who need to make many calls a day, to contract the 3CX service. They will not need large telephone exchanges to make sales and interviews. It is more dynamic because you work directly from the computer.

Before we used another call system, but it came out very expensive. We tested with 3CX and discovered that it was their license and the price of the call was more economical, in addition to better technical service and updates. It has given us many benefits, since we use the 3CX IP telephone system, we do not need large telephone exchanges to conduct our sales and interviews with clients.

3CX Phone System review by Muhammad S.
Muhammad S.

"Excellent Pbx Tool"

What do you like best?

There are many attributes which i like most about 3cx however few of them are as follows:

1. Ease of configuring SIP Trunks

2. Freedom of creating extensions as many as you like.

3. Excellent reporting

4. Ease of integration with CRMs

5. Excellent reporting on calls received dialled, dropped, in que

6. Excellent dash board showing all the required information

7. Calls recording is exceptional

What do you dislike?

There are not notable issues in 3cx, however there is a suggestion, 3cx call recording should provide option to record calls in multiple formats so that it can be used by respective organisations according to their storage capacity and further for QA assurance purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly recommended due to many features sets as mentioned earlier: excellent reporting, easy configurations, excellent reporting, ease of web conferencing, large pool of extensions available, easy grouping. in short everything is here for enterprises using multiple communication lines. Plus added feature of easy API to integrate with CRM.

We are a multinational company having presence in more than 28 countries, we need a tool that can provide us single interface to manage our communication channels and 3cx is serving the required purposes by allowing us to configure multiple SIP trunks. Further allowing integration with CRM allows us to improve our customer services.

Thumbs up guys, highly recommended for multinational organizations.

3CX Phone System review by Nicole G.
Nicole G.

"Good for small Call Centers, not good for larger ones."

What do you like best?

It has basic phone functionality. Answering, transferring, voicemail. Bare bones phone metrics. It does the job for smaller contact centers that are not as KPI focused and more focused on quality customer support.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike 3CX per se, because the things it lacks are things that it cannot provide for larger 30+ agent contact centers, During times of high call volume, calls can overload the system and drop many calls unexpectedly. It's not the greatest at a fair call routing system (like for example ShoreTel which will route inbounds to the agent with the longest idle time), the calls are sent to the same agents to the desired queues and can be answered by the same people without it at least being random. Data reporting is pretty basic. Nothing too detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this phone system if you have a larger than normal call volume for inbounds, if you agent count is more than 30, and if you require comprehensive data reporting for performance based KPI's. If you have a smaller operation that focuses on detailed email and casework for your customer support, this might be a better option.

We used 3CX in the early days of Snapsheet's call center. The call center outgrew the technology pretty fast and 3CX was not scalable in that regard. The call volume was too overwhelming for a call center that grew agent count from 30 to 70 to 100 in less than a year. It's a great phone system for smaller support centers.

3CX Phone System review by Matteo M.
Matteo M.

"Good free and simple PBX."

What do you like best?

I often have to try different software ... and a few months ago for a while I decided to try some PBX platforms. Among the many tests I had the opportunity to test 3CX. It can be installed from the command line on Debian operating system, by downloading the dedicated ISO or used on Cloud as Amazon AWS. I find it, with the update of the graphical interface, a very attractive and professional system! Simple to install and manage ... you can load custom songs for waiting and so on. I absolutely recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, in addition to having strong points, has weaknesses. Such as the limitations of the FREE version compared to the paid version. But this is normal, otherwise it would not make sense to have two versions.

I encounter some problems with the inclusion of the configuration parameters of my switchboard in the Smartphone app. The configuration file arrives by email and you have to select "open with" and choose the 3CX app which, however, is often not selectable. I hope the problem will be solved in the next updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having said all this, I can only recommend the service to anyone who needs it. Really excellent and functional!

I recommend it wherever a PBX is needed without having to spend money. You do not even have too much computer knowledge, just follow the excellent online guide and step by step you can complete the installation to have a 100% working system.

3CX I have already had the opportunity to install it in two non-profit associations and if they are found very well. Right from the start they were able to use it to the best of its functionality...

3CX Phone System review by Aitor A.
Aitor A.

"Great option to build your own telephone switchboard"

What do you like best?

Is a good option to have a full telephone switchboard managed and hosted by you.

The system run over Debian 9 Linux distribution and this is a very stable and reliable OS.

By other way, there is a free version license for a year which is a long time to test and decide if is a good choice for you.

Related to the management its very easy, the graphic interface web based give you all the option available to configure the system such as Inbound/outbound lines, extensions, ring groups, voicemail, backups local and remote (via FTP), etc.

Additionally the server to host 3CX Telephone System must not have to much resources.

This gives you the possibility to have several instances in order to have a main 3CX Telephone System and another one like a backup. This is a "must" since within a lot businesses, NO telephone NO money.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the weak point is that we have only a year with the free subscription.

But you can save your config, reinstall with other email and get a new free subscription ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to have your own telephone switchboard managed by you, 3CX is the right option.

To have our own telephone switchboard.

No dependecies from 3rd party companies.

3CX Phone System review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"3CX made me feel like the 80s had come to the future!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy client app, web interface, and the fact that it was all DIY, with such a super support system, and documentation for almost every situation and setup. I did not have to ask anyone for help. It just worked.

What do you dislike?

I only wish I could customize the client softphone app without having to buy anything. I could do it myself, but I haven't looked for the app assets yet to modify it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've used Asterisk, or ever had 8-inch floppies and a giant PBX in your house, you know the feeling. This makes it all a few clicks, and a minimum setup to work.

I started a company, and had a PBX up in an hour. Firewall setup, SIP Gateway, FQDN, all easy. I used to do this with WIRES and CIRCUITS. This was a breeze. We had a phone queue up in minutes. It's extremely fun for me.

3CX Phone System review by Ellye C.
Ellye C.

"Great VOIP System"

What do you like best?

3CX is a great VOIP to use - it is very simple and easy to use; the dash is easy to navigate and you can see which of your other colleagues are on calls, monitor those calls etc.

What do you dislike?

We have had a few minor issues with this system, one being that calls seem to cut out after 2 hours which isn't often a problem but when we are conducting meetings that do overrun it can be quite frustrating to have to explain to potential customers what has happened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

3CX is a great software to use - if you don't already have a VOIP system in place or are struggling with your current one, I would definitely recommend this software.

VOIP is the way forward - making calls from my laptop is great. 3CX make it very easy to work from home/out of hours when needed.

3CX Phone System review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"3cx So many Advantages"

What do you like best?

Savings!!! This system can save small tech companies like mine a lot of money, as far as for a phone bill.

It really either reduces your bill or gets rid of the phone bill completely.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of bugs to be worked out. I can`t really say that its strictly a 3cx thing, but we have a lot of static and calls that we answer and you cant hear each other. Some people say we sound like we are under water at times.

Im not convinced that it cant be another issue though as far as possibly the implementation, low end phones, possibly our connection, possibly the way it was set up.

Huge benefits are the savings, the back end unlimited possibilities. When you have a lot of employees, and need a lot of lines, its SO much more cost effective to use a pbx \ voip system like 3cx.

They also offer a "soft phone" Which is an app for smart phones, and can also be used through your computer.

3cx is also great for people who travel, as you can take your "office phone" With you and not have to give out a cell number. And then just shut the app off when you arent working.

3CX Phone System review by Liz N.
Liz N.

"Convenient and Modern"

What do you like best?

I like using 3CX because I don’t have to use an internal office contact list on paper. When I am working from home, and need to reach a colleague, I can use 3CX from my laptop or my iPhone. It makes it SO convenient to reach others for easy communication.

What do you dislike?

Our Company has had no issues with 3CX, it’s modern and fits this technology age.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have employees that are in sales or employees who regularly work from home, you will benefit from the user friendly 3CX. Although, I am aware, we don’t use all of its features, the ones we do utilize has made an incredible impact. We save money from using 3CX.

Our business has had no issues with 3CX to date. The only time our phones have been done is due to another means in no relation to 3CX, and when our landlines are down, I can simply refer to my 3CX app. Again, convenient.

"Useful for Every Job"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see if a call is holding in the Que and who is busy if i need to make an inter-company call. I also like the options to delete and play voicemail on my phone from the desktop app. The 3CX app that you can download to your phone is also super useful if inclement weather happens to prevent you from coming into the office or if you want to check voicemail at home.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the the chat function is difficult to use. I seem to have a large delay between the amount of time between sending and receiving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is perfect for a company who wants flexibility for their workforce. It is easy to use in and out of the office. There are also tons of features for fleet management. You can tell who is taking calls and determine who will receive new calls based on how you set them up inside of the cues. This helps to make sure everyone can experience an even work load and no one feels overworked or underappreciated on your team.

We use this for both our customer service team and sales. We also use the handy app for work at home purposes when employees don't have physical phones at their houses. The app is as easy to use as the desktop version of the software and it is easy to switch cues or make calls from your cell phone as if you were in the office.

3CX Phone System review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Feature rich VoIP system, still improving"

What do you like best?

This VoIP system is easy to use and allows for ease of access from the web. It has a robust feature set and regular updates.

What do you dislike?

The system is still a work in progress. There are several features that need to be improved, such as greater file type variety for Music/Message On Hold, system prompt editing, search for user by first AND last name, a more streamlined holiday message setup, etc. I have figured out workarounds or work flows to address several of these issues, however, implementation of the system was very rocky and continues to be challenging to administer at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a good vendor! You will need support and waiting on the 3CX forums or a slow support team from a vendor will cause delays and frustration.

We replaced an aging PBX system with this VoIP system. It has allowed for easy of communication between offices and meets all our needs.

3CX Phone System review by Lisa N. K.
Lisa N. K.

"3CX for Everyday Phone Use"

What do you like best?

I like being able to take/make a call from my desktop without moving away from the machine or removing my headphones.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that 3CX cannot read from my contacts list. This is where cell phone is superior.

I dislike how the beeps associated with hitting numbers are not consistent on 3CX (sometimes beeps, sometimes not).

There is a time lag with 3CX almost as if it cannot keep up with me.

It took me a long time to find the mute button. I have it down now.

If I don't have the application active, it doesn't ring.

I cannot open the app using the start menu, only the dropdown on the right side of the screen. Took me a support ticket to find this work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know what other options are out there, but carefully consider them.

Monetary savings with 3CX over desk phone hardware. Our company no longer has to maintain and support hundreds of desk phones.

3CX Phone System review by User

"Not a bad phone system, hate the iPhone ringtone but all else is great"

What do you like best?

The ease to deploy on a new computer when a machine is replaced. You have the option of using a soft or hard phone (on on computer and a physical phone) plus there is an app that can be downloaded and used while on the go.

What do you dislike?

There can sometimes be a lag in the call/connection but I would blame that on my network itself not the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change the iPhone ringtone lol this is an android world!

We are able to get reports for agents who think they have more calls than they actually do. We can record and find all of our recordings in one place. We are able to run general reports using this software that helps better determine an agents average talk time vs calls taken.

3CX Phone System review by Rosie C.
Rosie C.

"Reliable but buggy"

What do you like best?

I like them at you can place calls with the keyboard by copy/pasting and hitting enter. I like that you can view your Q stats at any time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't just click on any of the q's but have to navigate with the keyboard. I would like to see my outbound talk time and select and copy and paste phone numbers on inbound calls.

It's great to be able to call only with the computer. I wish it could be a little more integrated into my web browser though so I don't have to click on the icon everytime it goes behind my browser window for an outbound. There is a feature that does this for inbounds.

3CX Phone System review by Edgar H.
Edgar H.

"Simply connectivity for all type of users"

What do you like best?

It's quite simple to handle and promote team communication via conferencing tools, users have a better understanding and interest by using movile devices.

What do you dislike?

There is no possibility to register new contacts direct from gmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start Up investment is really afordable in comparison with similar solutions and provides several oportuinities to integrate with telephone brands wich simplifies decission making.

Internal communication has been improved due to web client, enableling users to locate fast and easy colleagues within the network.

3CX Phone System review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Alternative to a Name Brand Phone system, or Asterix"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can run this on either Windows or Linux, use most standard IP phones, and be able to take phones calls while on the road on my mobile phone as if I was in the office.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the Voice Mail did text to speech without sending the recordings to another company. Also to have better integration with Outlook to import contacts would be a plus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If implementing a new system, make sure to get the newer phones that they recommend for less configuration headaches.

We originally had a hard wired phone system. This is so much more flexible not only in having VOIP phone service at a fraction of the price, but also it's easier to deploy phones even in a remote office.

3CX Phone System review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"Great soft clients and cross platform support"

What do you like best?

Cross platform focus on empowering users with tools in a clean and usable fashion.

The software is simple to use but has lots of powerful features packed in.

Great experience across devices and platforms.

What do you dislike?

The branding is a little misleading, many people I speak to think that 3CX is only a phone system, but they also provide a great range of soft clients and solutions, they need to make their offering clearer for the uninformed.

User Interface is dated it would be great to have a more native platform experience option so either use the built in GUI or switch to the platform default being used. Some users prefer a more native experience such as iOS or Android interfaces over a generic one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run a good proof of concept with various users and stakeholders.

3CX software also works with other Phone solutions so you could leverage a different VOIP or UCaaS provider but still leverage their software.

Unified communications and collaboration

3CX Phone System review by Mubashar r.
Mubashar r.

"Awesome for phone management "

What do you like best?

Clear and concise user menu, with the ability to forward/hold/transfer calls quickly. The desktop interface is useful for screening and reviewing calls, as well as tracking team members.

What do you dislike?

The 3CX app for my mobile device is lacking a bit in overall design and layout. Alot of the tabs seem squeezed together and rushed to finish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very financially viable solution for small and medium size enterprises. Specially recommended for multinational environments.

3CX Phone System review by David H.
David H.

"Most flexible, scalable IP communications tool available"

What do you like best?

3CX is a Windows-based IP-PBX, but actually much more - the key attributes are flexibility, scalability, easy management and low cost. It's affordable for a single person office but can be deployed to thousands of users on a single system. You can use it with a very simple IP desk phone as a very basic phone system, or you can make use of any of a very large range of features. Most important are:

- inter-operation with a variety of top brand hardware: snom, Yealink, Fanvil, Htek (fully supported - plug and play provisioning); Aastra, Cisco, Gigaset, Panasonic, and Polycom are supported with more limited feature sets; door phones, PA gateway, Polycom and snom conference phones; several different brands of analog-to-IP and T1/E1-to-IP gateways are also supported, with easy-to-use wizard configuration tools

- inter-operation with a long list of SIP trunk providers, with provisioning templates that are guaranteed to work with these providers' systems out of the box

- administration Dashboard (web-based) is comprehensive, easy to use, and provides a number of very helpful status graphics; phones can be re-provisioned, rebooted, and firmware upgraded from the Dashboard

- the free 3CXPhone soft phone for Windows, OS X, Android, iOS is packed with features like BLF soft keys which show status of other extensions on the system, access to end-user customizable call routing options, conference call scheduling, call recording option, call records, company and private directory, visual voicemail, and private Chat. You can give it to users who don't need a desk phone and/or are mobile (make and receive calls on your smartphone as if you're in the office); deployment is by simple email invitation with download links and pre-provisioned extension parameters in an attachment.

- WebRTC-based WebMeeting allow participants to join a web meeting with or without video, without having to download special software (Chrome and Mozilla currently supported); also includes document sharing, screen sharing, Chat, etc

- the required Windows platform can be as small as an inexpensive hardware appliance running Windows 7/8/10 Pro (newest Atom or i3 CPU permits up to 16 simultaneous calls), or almost any flavor of Windows Server running on appropriate hardware, or installed as a virtual machine (both Hyper-V and VMware are supported); multi-tenant version is available for hosting providers

- although a very small office would do very well with the Free version, 3CX is scalable to multiple sites and thousands of users, easily partitioned by departments/groups with fine-grained security restrictions to provide access only to desired users and features

- pricing is based on number of simultaneous calls, not extensions (i.e. unlimited users with no additional licensing). Most common is a perpetual license (software upgrades to newest major release requires ongoing software maintenance, which is about 25% of the [very reasonable] initial license cost), but monthly and annual licensing that includes maintenance is also available.

- 3 versions are available at different licensing price points: the Free version includes up to 8 simultaneous calls, up to 5 web conferencing participants, one SIP trunk provider, unlimited extensions, unlimited AutoAttendants (IVRs) and many, many other features including voicemail-to-email, Music on Hold, a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook, and scheduled backups. It can even be deployed on a Windows virtual machine.

- Standard licenses are for 4, 8, 16, 32, etc (up to 1,024) simultaneous calls. Standard Edition adds Call Queuing, Call Recording, Call Reporting, G.729 codec support, bridge to other 3CX remote systems, incoming Fax-to-PDF service, conference calls, intercom/paging support, and Office 365 Address Book and TAPI integration to the Free system features, as well as 5 more WebMeeting licenses (up to 10 total)

- Pro version adds very comprehensive Call Center features including real time monitors, reporting, recording, external Agents, callback, SLA alerting, and CRM integration support for MS Dynamics, Google Contacts, full Office 365 support, Exact Online, Salesforce, SugarCRM, and Act! (an API is available for integration with other CRM software)

- in addition, the Pro version includes scheduled system restore, automatic failover to another 3CX standby system, and total of 25 WebMeeting licenses.

- WebMeeting licenses are for internal users, permitting them to originate WebMeetings. Outside participants or unlicensed internal users may participate in meetings without restriction on numbers of participants

- Backup/restore is an amazing feature: in one case, we had installed a small appliance-based (Intel NUC) 3CX system for 25 users, where the hardware failed in the first week of setup/testing/configuration. Because we had placed all installation files, license and security certificate information, and an automated backup onto a USB memory stick attached to the system, we simply moved the USB drive to a laptop, installed the phone system, and loaded the saved 3CX configuration backup (which can include voicemail, IVR recordings, recorded phone calls, etc - basically everything). The laptop could have been pretty much any Windows Professional or Server PC to be used temporarily; we were back up and running within a half hour and could have directed our customer how to do this over the phone...

What do you dislike?

- some of the installation requirements for the newest version (15) of 3CX (the use of SSL certificates, need for a Fully Qualified Domain Name, fixed IP address for the site where the PBX is installed) make it somewhat time consuming to set up the PBX the first time around

- on the other hand, FQDN and SSL needs can be provided and managed by 3CX (the company) for you, and these requirements add significantly to the overall security of the system. IP communications these days are being hacked just like everything else that's IP-based, and we very much appreciate 3CX's emphasis on security

Recommendations to others considering the product

3CX is still not very well known as a brand in the US, although they have made major inroads in Europe with large deployments by well known organizations. They're based in Cyprus. The company was founded by Nick Galea, who used to run an IT services software company based in England and saw an opportunity for a designed-from-scratch communications system based on software rather than hardware. This system addresses many of the shortcomings of both traditional and IP-based PBX systems that have evolved from legacy products, and provides features that are appropriate for today's "connected everywhere" business environment - while at the same time being usable by folks who don't have an appetite for techie bells and whistles. Give it a try!

- telecom and web-based meeting needs for both stationary and mobile users

- lower cost, ease of use

3CX Phone System review by Vitor N.
Vitor N.

"Simple to Implement and scalable"

What do you like best?

Since we use the cloud based solution it is to easy to implement. So we have a power phone system software, at low cost and possible to implement in a minor company, like ours.

What do you dislike?

We don´t use many of its features, so there isn´t much to say.

Obviously, communication between sectors. We started to differentiate our public and better serve them, since now we hit them faster with more specific solutions.

3CX Phone System review by Graham G.
Graham G.

"The next generation of telecom"

What do you like best?

It's cost, we are installing a state-of-the-art phone system at a fraction of the cost of a proprietary system

Licensing model, you only pay for the core -= client licences are frree

We can tailor it, the system can be reconfigured as we change our business processes.

It will enable us to provide individual phone numbers to all staff (although the majority staff will have virtual extensions primarily to receive voicemails)

The breadth of functionality and the ease of programming the system

The instant phone directory

What do you dislike?

Not being able to manage the intercom feature at user level. We have turned it off rather than risk inappropriate open mikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to run a trial

Choose a good voip provider and 3cx reseller

Don't just re-implement of your old conventional phone system, step back and see what 3cx can do for your business

Improve the switchboard service eliminate (reduce?) messages being taken and emailed.

Getting callers to the their destination more effectively

Effective use of voicemail across the business

Eliminate missed calls (all calls are logged users can see missed calls)

Proof of calls, evidence of call back attempts by our staff (all call attempts are logged including calls to switched off and out of range mobile)

Staff mobility, the ability to take your extension with you both virtually or physically without any reprogramming

3CX Phone System review by Swati G.
Swati G.

"3cx - Great Phone and VOIP System"

What do you like best?

3CX has made our telephony system very smooth and easily manageable. The best part is the mobile and desktop app to be used as and when we want. The features of conference, address book are very great

What do you dislike?

No issues with 3cx faced so far. working very good

Recommendations to others considering the product

great app to use for making and receiving calls from phone and desktop

we are using 3cx system for our call routing, call receiving and call making using desktop and mobile apps

3CX Phone System review by McCourt C.
McCourt C.

"3CX - GUI Based Business SIP Proxy"

What do you like best?

Having been running several different solutions for our business over the last few years, we got tired of the overly complicated configs and massive learning curve when it comes to Linux based sip platforms, Astrerisk etc.

We decided to have a look at alternatives and 3CX was recommended.

By far the best GUI based solution to the needs of a small business. The web and desktop admin panels for this are intuitive and familiar.

No i repeat no text based config with anything. Everything has a wizard and everything is pretty straightforward to setup.

Hand down favorite feature is the auto provisioning of handsets across brands, works great almost every time.

What do you dislike?

The SIP tunnel client that ships from 3CX is really buggy in my opinion.

This need to be improved greatly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the free trial and get it connected to a free sip account to test it.

Just play with the admin interface, you wont be disappointed.

We have connected 3 remote sites in the UK and two in Spain using 3CX.

This has allowed us to connect the business in a really cost effective way.

3CX Phone System review by Edward C.
Edward C.

"Wish I found out about 3CX a long time ago!"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and the fact I don't have to buy an appliance. (Although I am researching fanless PCs right now for onsite customer installs of 3CX lol.) 3CX can run on a Win7 box that is kicking around the office although I have our company setup on a Hyper-V client.

The mobile phone apps of 3CX enables my outside sales staff to easily communicate back to the office.

The ability to choose various hardware (we use Patton Gateways, Yealink phones) that will work with this system. You aren't tied to specific hardware and there is stuff out there for every budget.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is really minor and has nothing to with the system as a whole. The android app of 3CX will import your address book (and even obscure one time email entries that is on your phone). There should be filters added to the contact tab of the 3CX phone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

3CX is always constantly upgrading their software. They have a large infrastructure and are no means going away soon.

We opened a small office internationally. My first foray into VOIP. How we initially got connected to this office cost effectively was to use a Google Voice number tied to a OBIHAI box for a "poor man's" VOIP system. This worked until we started to have more than one employee.

Now that I deployed 3CX at headquarters, my international office has also grown immensely and everyone has an extension via softphones. The communication between our two offices can't be any better. Softphones are free to add and USB headsets are very cost effective.

3CX Phone System review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Data Tech Chooses 3CX over all the rest!"

What do you like best?

After researching many different VoiP Solutions, 3CX was the clear choice!

Being Windows based, the Multitenant offering along with the Single instance offering gives Data Tech the flexibility to tailor fit our client VoiP needs!

3CX has, by far, the most online documentation, video resources and product information available in the industry.

3CX Technical support is quick to respond to Support requests and are always eager to help using Team Viewer access.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything in the software itself that Data Tech does not like. If we see a need for something that is not currently offered, we are encouraged to put in a request to have it added to the next update or release when feasible.

If there was any knock on the Vendor at all, it would be that communication with support via phone is essentially non existent. All Support that requires interaction is done via Team Viewer and chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence and be sure that the software you choose fits your needs the best.

I think once you have done the research you will find, as Data Tech has, that 3CX is the clear choice.

Things such as Video Meetings, Screen sharing, on the fly Conference calls along with mobile device apps right out of the box with no additional costs make this product far and away the best the market has to offer today as far as Data Tech is concerned!

Communication experience, costs, function and efficiency.

3CX Phone System review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"JEM Network COnsulting is a Gold 3CX Partner, user, and Engineer"

What do you like best?

3CX is the best software based IP Voice or IP phone system that we have worked with in the past 7 years! Actually we think it is the best VoIP system period! We love how flexible, the feature sets, and they add more all of the time! Best bang for anyone's buck! Extremely scale-able, reliable, and efficient.

What do you dislike?

lake of recent functionality with Grandstream. Works well with it but company has shunned the manufacture not sure why.

Recommendations to others considering the product

small through large business IT support and engineering: very cost effective compared to other similar feature set systems. No user limit or extension limit. Constantly adding new features for free!

3CX Phone System review by ☎ Darvin Z.
☎ Darvin Z.

"We've seen the rest. Now we're using the Best"

What do you like best?

Our employees were immediately comfortable making changes and managing this phone system. The screens are intuitive and our employees easily picked up how to use it.

The web meeting has become one of our favourite features. TeamViewer or Goto Meeting are huge investments and we've been able to replace them with the 3CX web meeting.

What do you dislike?

Updates have been coming out twice a year and have bug fixes but also a lot of improvements in features as well as new features. It takes time to relearn after every update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with a commercially supported phone system like 3cx. Its essential to have full commercial support from the vendor when implementing such a critical tool.

3CX has a fully functional 2 Simultaneous call version thats free for download. Because its windows based its easy to quickly install and get running. Try before you buy with very little headache. Thats something other phone systems can't promise and deliver on.

We have people working in remote offices. 3CX makes it easy for all of our employees to work together, share reception duty and generally work as a team.

3CX Phone System review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Moved from asterisk to 3CX.. what a breath of fresh air!"

What do you like best?

I like not having to dip into an SSH terminal all the time to make changes to asterisk configuration files or having to hunt around for obscure fixes to peculiar problems using various internet forums!

Also being hosted on the Windows platform makes administration and installation a breeze for those of us who aren't necessarily I.T guru's! This allows me to task engineers that would otherwise be uncomfortable working on Linux/Asterisk which can often require extremely specialist skills/training into deploying the system. The interface is extremely slick and is easy to find your way around, requiring actual logon to the machine to do anything is very rare and everything can be done from the web interface.

What do you dislike?

3CX requires a software license compared to free alternatives like FreePBX,, Digium, Trixbox, SwitchVox etc whereby most of them charge a premium only for SUPPORT not the actual product itself.

This is mostly counteracted, however, by the fact that 3CX licensing is granular. You don't *have* to opt for an paid-for license if you don't want to, they do offer a free version for small offices with some functionality emitted, so this is mostly a moot point however the licensing is a small price to pay for the features received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest both on an end-user level and as an MSP/Comms reseller to take a long hard look at your current solution on 3CX.

MSP's: If your staff are MCITP, MCP certified or even competent administering Windows Servers, then installing and administering 3CX will be a genuine pleasure. From the point of downloading the installer to being up and running with a registered extension and a SIP trunk/gateway is easily reachable in a couple of hours with minimal fuss.

End-Users: If your telephone system is really starting to show it's age and you're currently evaluating whether to upgrade or replace it, 3CX would definitely be your first port of call. You don't deal direct with them, it's operated through a partner network that puts you in touch with someone near to you who can assess your requirements and work with you to suggest something accordingly. We generally find that our systems are often 1/4 of the cost of BT equivalent systems before you take into account including installation and hardware - without all of the hidden costs.

We recently took on a local hotel who had an analogue telephone system with 64 handsets in the rooms and 14 handsets for back-office and/or hotel administration. By migrating them to a 3CX Pro system with Snom 300 handsets, coupled with a SIP trunk we were able to slash around 75% off of their monthly bill by down-scaling their previous ISDN30 connectivity and making use of LCR (Least-Cost-Routing) through 3CX's outbound call routes.

The biggest benefit above all, as a company who deploys this software for a living now - Is that from our perspective, this system is extremely straight-forward to administer remotely. We're now able to open 3CX to the internet without fear of succumbing to fraudsters as the asterisk-based systems have more security holes than a block of swiss cheese. The peace of mind that deploying 3CX brings to us as is worth its weight in gold and again - being Windows based, allows us to utilise servers that would otherwise be potentially wasted allowing on even more cost savings.

3CX Phone System review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"3CX Phone System"

What do you like best?

its more high tech then previous and just works really well then a few of the other ones i have tested but i will say that PBX in a Flash is also another good one to use

What do you dislike?

the basic free is limited you will have to pay a little for more

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a good choice and you dont spend a lot to get started and the support is amazing oh and make sure you get a good server with good specs to run this

better communication with customers and new, the benefits is the stable software/platform its on and realized that 3CX really is putting a lot of work into this to give us what we need to build our networks

3CX Phone System review by Kurt A.
Kurt A.

"Great VOIP Phone System"

What do you like best?

- Works with multiple PoE VOIP Phone brands

- Easy to use and manage

- Packaged with Video Conferencing

- Purchase by number of concurrent phone calls, not number of phones

What do you dislike?

- Video Conferencing needs work

- No way to hide updates that you do not need

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on all VOIP phone systems before making a purchase. We went with 3CX for many reasons, but the main reason was that it is very flexible and allows us to add as many phones as we like without having to pay per phone like some other VOIP systems.

We went with 3CX when we switched from an old NorTel phone system. We have been able to link all of our locations through this one phone system and save money.

3CX Phone System review by Robert F.
Robert F.

"Bought it for ourselves and have been rolling it out to customers ever since!"

What do you like best?

Because it is a Windows-based product, it is easy to install, roll-out and maintain, Simple learning curve for both ongoing maintenance and end user.

Constant updates and new features gives us the security in knowing this is an actively-maintained product.

What do you dislike?

No show-stoppers here:

- Can be difficult to integrate some of the features.

- Troubleshooting documentation could be better

- Better support of SIP hardware and suppliers

- Better firewall documentation for initial setup

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to run a trial. We encourage all our new clients to run a trial to test ease of use and quality of calls.

Its easy to setup and allows time for a solid project plan to be put together.

- Reduced costs around phone and telephony.

- Remote access to phone system through cell-phones when travelling.

- Easy access to doing in-house Webinars for clients

3CX Phone System review by Hamza B.
Hamza B.

"Excellent for the price"

What do you like best?

The price point is a lot cheaper than most other IP PBX products. Easy to manage interface helps those who arent experts in the VoIP field.

What do you dislike?

Level of support provided and requirements to get that support really makes you want to avoid and try to resolve issues yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will find things that bug you about this product but nothing too serious to turn you away. It's a great product for price but dont depend on their support to assist you.

IP PBX for multiple branch offices and connecting the users together.

3CX Phone System review by Scott N.
Scott N.

"Personal and Business use"

What do you like best?

We currently use the cloud based version for both personal and resell use. Being able to deploy a new installation in literally seconds makes our job quicker and easier.

What do you dislike?

Some configuration options feel slightly hidden away but with regular use of the software you soon remember where they are :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer a free trial, we offer a free trial, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you are tired of fixing problems with your current setup, just invest a little time and have a go with 3CX. You won't regret it.

Being able to centralize our phone system in 'the cloud', allows us to provide a better connection for our remote workers. On top of that, the 3CX app works remarkably well, both in quality/clarity of call but ease of use.

3CX Phone System review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Great system!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can cut and paste phone numbers into the app and it works so well! I also can use the app on several computers with the same account and there are no issues!

What do you dislike?

It's a little hard to find the list of recently called numbers and numbers that have called me. I can find it but I have to click a few things until I find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

It's easy to use and requires very minimal training. With a minimal computer knowledge the user can pick up and use the app.

3CX Phone System review by Christopher I.
Christopher I.

"A good telephone tool for PC"

What do you like best?

3CX is a great solution for calling via computer. It works great for us as were based overseas and can use our USA phone number.

What do you dislike?

The call quality is a little rough, and sometimes there are dropped calls. could be from our own connection.

Calling clients and prospects from a USA Number.

3CX Phone System review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Simple VoIP system for SMB"

What do you like best?

The 3CX system is easy to deploy on any windows flavored operating system. The foot print is relatively small and it can be all up and running in hours vs days with larger "enterprise" systems.

What do you dislike?

There is no enterprise level 24x7 support and a few features that we take for granted such as remote extension MWI are no where to be found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have documented what features you need and how you use your phone system today. Once you have that, talk to 3CX or 3CX partner (If you are in Canada, call us) to make sure all your need can be satisfied.

Because the system is "pure" SIP based, any device that implemented the SIP stack would work.

3CX Phone System review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Great System"

What do you like best?

I love that I can chance and do anything on the phone on the computer!!!

What do you dislike?

So far every thing is very good !! I really think that the system is all I personally need to performance my job at a max of capacities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great system with great tools to help any business to reach the next level.

I love that fact that I can keep track on all the call so if I miss any call we can go back and take care all of them!!

3CX Phone System review by Matthew F.
Matthew F.

"Simple move to 3CX"

What do you like best?

The migration from our current system to 3CX was seamless. It worked simply with our patton gateway and connected easy to our VOIP provider. The ease of phone provisioning makes everything just work I cant believe how easy everything is to setup and how well it works. The web meeting feautre is also really good

What do you dislike?

The android app seems hit and miss but Have not fully troubleshooted it fully and it could be my phone. But when it works it works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Value for money/features and ease of use are excellent

Cost mainly and the ability to work from anywhere with the windows app and phone apps increase productivity and comunnication.

3CX Phone System review by Trinity T.
Trinity T.

"Love the 3CX Phone system"

What do you like best?

The 3CX phone system is very reliable running on the Windows platform, its very intuitive especially after V14 was released. It is Licensed based and the cost depends on the number of simultaneous calls in progress so its very adaptable.

It lets you reduce your call costs by using SIP trunks and the facility to use Analogue phone lines via a Gateway as a backup.

We love it so much that we recently became a reseller

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot not to like, but we think that the admin GUI could be improved to make it easier to administer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the free evaluation version which allows 2 simultaneous calls and try for yourself

Utilising the Android and Windows apps, you can take your office telephone with you wherever you are and have an internet connection. It provides a seamless solution.

Also included in the license is the Web Meeting application and also Windows RTC, allowing customers to call you direct from their PC's.

3CX Phone System review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Hospitality implementation at 5 star resort"

What do you like best?

Our client was looking to move away from their old PBX and into something state of the art. After seeing all the features 3CX offered - everything you could possibly want from a phone system plus the integration with their property management software and the wide IP phone support - 3CX was an option they HAD to consider even though they had never heard of it when we proposed it. As a 5 star resort they HAVE to have the best service and dependability - fortunately 3CX has a demo that clinched the deal, and for over a year now 3CX has been providing crystal-clear service to rooms going for upwards of $3,000.00 a night. It's easy to set up, works flawlessly with a SIP trunk provider that's not on anybody's list, has a great hospitality integration package, supports about any phone you would care to use and is rock-solid reliable.

What do you dislike?

Some of the documentation can be a little sketchy - some settings or how-to sections not clear in my opinion. Definitely purchase from a reseller (or distributor) that knows the system - you probably won't need their help, but if you DO you'll be happy to have it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download and try the evaluation, its the best way to see what it can do for you.

3CX gives is an avenue for hospitality customers that we didn't have - we are able to offer a better service at a lower price than the hard-box competitors.

3CX Phone System review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Why we sell 3CX exclusively"

What do you like best?

The 3CX system is software that runs as an application on Windows based hardware. This means that the clients we sold systems to 6 years ago still have current product. This is achieved through the upgrades that 3CX provides on a continuous basis. We never need to tell a client that they need to replace thier system due to obsolescence.

What do you dislike?

When we do a new installation it is sometimes difficult to train everyone on all the benefits and capabilities of the system in one session. We find that the 3CX PBX is do feature rich compared to the system we are replacing, that most customers do not know how they want their system set up the first time. This is why we include 3 months of support with our installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The sooner you change the sooner you can reap the benefits of this feature rich system and save money too!

We have reduced the monthly telephone charges at some of our installations by as much as 70%. This is in addition to providing more capabilities and flexibility. All their calls can be sourced through one number and are only limited by their simultaneous call license. This can be upgraded almost instantaneously with a call to us.

3CX Phone System review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great Business tool to be able to separate work and pleasure"

What do you like best?

integration with CRM , computer and cell. Easy to use and accessibility when inviting multiple parties

What do you dislike?

Issues with muting parties and sometimes system has a lag between devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have specialist to overcome any issues that may arise prior to going live with a client,.

With 3CX we were able to remove all physical phones from the office and reduce expenses. The ability to not have to share your personal number to customers. This allows a user to separate work and pleasure.

"A Good SIP softphone!"

What do you like best?

Have several audio codecs that let you have quality of sound. Easy and quick configuration with the most popular SIP provider worldwide. Can manage multiples accounts like a regular PBX system.

What do you dislike?

No G729 codec available. Limited configuration options available, for experienced admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy of usage and configure. Compatible with most SIP providers worldwide.

I used as my day to day softphone for outgoing work calls. Let our company replace skype for Twilio which have cheaper rates.

3CX Phone System review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

3CX is a pretty easy PBX to install and configure. As being a reseller and end user, 3CX has the basic functionalities, as well as being able to configure multiple sites with 3CX. I also resell to hospitality companies, and 3CX meets their needs and requirements for hotel services via phone.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes to utilizing the PBX software. Had difficulties with a distributor giving inaccurate pricing. Worked with 3CX to resolve the issues.

I am able to help business lower their overall telco expenses by going to 3CX and utilize SIP trunking.

3CX Phone System review by User in Higher Education

"Great VoIP Phone System (not great web meeting) "

What do you like best?

VoIP phone solution and the included web-interface for managing conference calls, voicemail etc.

What do you dislike?

The web and virtual meeting integrated solution - it's buggy, inconsistent quality and not reliable in a professional setting

Recommendations to others considering the product

In terms of a pure VoIP phone solution we've experienced benefit from it and it works as promised - the integrated web meeting components were a nightmare and we abandoned for ZOOM after 6-9 months of frustration

VoIP Phone solution

3CX Phone System review by Chris b.
Chris b.

"phone app that may need another look over"

What do you like best?

easy navigation, call logs are thorough

What do you dislike?

setup process could be simplified, expanded compatibilities with different phone manufacturers

handling incoming calls has been streamlined and simplified

Learning about 3CX Phone System?

* We monitor all 3CX Phone System reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.