7shifts Restaurant Scheduling

7shifts is a easy-to-use scheduling software made for restaurants.

Work for 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling?
Branch star rating histogram  2x

Learning about 7shifts?

7shifts Restaurant Scheduling Reviews

Ask 7shifts a Question
Showing 15 7shifts reviews
7shifts review by <span>Jeb V.</span>
Jeb V.

Eliminate scheduling chaos and frustration. .

What do you like best?

Budgeting tools. Ease of building schedules. Drag and drop features. Easy to approve or deny requests, time off. I like the ability to block days off for requested time off. Scheduled made in a fraction of time as Excel. No longer walk into the restaurant with notes on employees calling out or had their schedule wrong.

What do you dislike?

If I could import sales data from Micros easily I would like to see that for forecasting. Also break out projected sales into lunch and dinner shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I knew it would help the staff, but I loved how much extra time I had and how many less headaches trying to cover shifts .

A few years ago I had a long term assistant manager leave for a new job 1 week before our summer season started. I quickly looked for ways I could organize my own time as I would be doing both jobs for a while. At the time scheduling was a chaotic mess of spread sheets and rough drafts on legal pads that we always getting lost. Requested time off by employees were on notes, in Facebook messages, texts to other employees, emails, or conversations you can;t remember. Setting up my staff of about 50 people was very easy with the help of the 7shifts team. We ran the 7shifts program side by side with our Excel schedule for one we and after that we were sold. We never went back to spreadsheets ever again. Requested time off, availability, and even partial time off are all handled in the app or online. My staff love the fact that they can see who is trying to get a shift covered and can bid on it in the shift pool. As a manager I can approve, deny or change everything from the app. Checking the daily lineup, approving a day off and swapping shifts can be done while standing in line at the grocery store. the staff loves the fact they have schedule as soon as its published. There are no longer any Friday or Saturday night calls to the hostess asking to check the schedule. I have been managing for 12 years in this restaurant and I can honestly say the best tool I ever bought that helped myself out was 7shifts. The headaches of dealing with not having enough staff because messages were relayed to the proper person are gone. I have more time for other tings. Literally hours more time each week. The budgeting tools help with year to year labor costs savings and this summer alone we have saved about 100 hours a week in overtime for my summer staff of 102 people by using 7shifts. My employees love this app and so do I. I honestly could not recommend it enough.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling
7shifts review by <span>Kate O.</span>
Kate O.

A Scheduling Gamechanger!

What do you like best?

Easy to use both for the schedule writer and the team members! Team puts in own availability, requests for time off, can offer up or request to switch shifts with other team members, message me or each other, and can view schedule anytime on the free app. For me, all the information I need is right at my fingertips when writing the schedule. What really sets 7shifts apart form other scheduling apps though, is their easily accessible customer service! I've had nothing but positive experiences with them (and I've used it a lot!).

What do you dislike?

I upgraded plans for awhile but didn't feel like I got a whole lot of extra useful features (for my company anyway). For reference, we employ about 80 team members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the customer service anytime you aren't sure how to do something or if you have a suggestion. Many of the ideas I've offered were suggested from other companies as well and I've seen several come to fruition already!

I spend less time organizing availabilities and time off requests, so writing the schedule is less time consuming and stressful. We've experienced fewer missed shifts due to the fact that team members can view their most up-to-date schedule from their app at any time.

What Employee Scheduling solution do you use?

7shifts review by <span>Darell C.</span>
Darell C.

What a Great way to control your biggest expense

What do you like best?

the ease of use, the daily roster helps us see staffing at a glance, the labor cost tool, the app makes you think in 15 min increments and the time clock is great showing the scheduled shift vs clocked in shift to help prevent theft of hours, making a change is instant to the staff

The instant support chat option on the bottom no searching for emails or phone numbers and if no one is on the chat they are very quick to answer your query

What do you dislike?

auto sorts by lists instead of roles defaults to FOH, when we publish a change it goes out to every staff member not just the impacted person

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't hesitate to use the support chat on the bottom they are quick to answer and fix if needed

helps us control our payroll, allows us to instantly see where we can save hours, no more sticky notes on the board requesting time off. Staff love it and when they love something they use it! Staff are all aware of their shifts even if we are behind and publish late, no more staff calling in sick they use the app to give away their shifts it has taken the HR management of our business to a new level one without as much stress or work needed by the managers

7shifts review by <span>Rebecca W.</span>
Rebecca W.

Best!

What do you like best?

We have used 7Shifts for a few years now. It is great, efficient and the support team is constantly working to make improvements. I have made a few suggestions and it is great to see them put into action. The internal communication piece is wonderful and we rely on it heavily in our shop.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that when I read a message, it stays as marked unread across devices, until I clear it on both the laptop and phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than anything else we considered

Communication! The ability to post pictures with comments has been so valuable to us. Posting by role is a huge help!

7shifts review by <span>Emilee T.</span>
Emilee T.

Everyone is a fan!

What do you like best?

How I'm able to integrate current technology with scheduling.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to rotate employees sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you put in the initial hours to program 7shifts, then you will save yourself so much time in the long run.

We are now a more cohesive restaurant because of the way 7shifts has allowed us to communicate with each other. It's like a group Facebook page. We call each other out, post postive reviews for everyone to see and everyone is up-to-date with what is happening within the restaurant.

7shifts review by <span>erin f.</span>
erin f.

Good for staff to change shifts and be accountable

What do you like best?

We used to do weekly regular schedules in a spreadsheet but staff switching shifts was handwritten in a book. This allowed for lack of accountability at times when a shift went uncovered. 7shifts makes it easy to get available shifts covered with less work.

What do you dislike?

Making a change to a regular schedule requires making changes one week at a time and we often have months programmed ahead at a time.

Saving time searching for coverage on surprise staff needs.

Learning about 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling?

* We monitor all 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.