7shifts Restaurant Scheduling

7shifts Restaurant Scheduling

4.8

7shifts is a easy-to-use scheduling software made for restaurants.

Work for 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling?

Learning about 7shifts?

7shifts Restaurant Scheduling Reviews

Ask 7shifts a Question
Showing 33 7shifts reviews
7shifts review by Jayelynn W.
Jayelynn W.

"Simple and Efficient "

What do you like best?

Simple to use; being able to create schedule templates saves me time every week. The Manager's Log feature is also nice so that I don't have to have something separate for it. I can also send the report to my co-owners which is helpful. Enjoy that I can draft and publish the schedule from my phone when I'm on the run. When there is a change to the software I get a detailed email and usually a video as well.

What do you dislike?

When doing the schedule from the app, I'm not able to see if someone has time off. Sometimes the app glitches and I get multiple notifications for the same 7Shifts post and other times I don't get the notification at all. You have to ensure that the roles in your POS match the roles in Touch Bistro so that it will properly track the labor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple and easy to use. Setup your integrations from the beginning to make life easier. I did the integration a year into the business and it would have been easier from the beginning.

Being able to integrate 7Shifts with Touch Bistro is extremely helpful. I can view labor and sales in real time, see if an employee is going into overtime, etc. Being able to simply respond to an email to approve or deny a time off request, shift grab, etc. makes it extremely easy when I'm bouncing from our Taproom to the Brewery.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling
7shifts review by Phil Y.
Phil Y.

"7Shifts has saved me time as a schedule manager"

What do you like best?

How easy the software is to use. I have saved so much time in scheduling because this product's goal is to save time and they nailed it.

What do you dislike?

There have been some glitches at times but I have noticed that support is always so responsive. The glitches were fixed and if there were any new features I thought should be added they always welcome the feedback and pass it along to the decision makers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial! You have nothing to lose. They help you get everything transferred if you are using another system.

Time off for employees was an issue for us and with 7shifts it is much easier to keep track of who is taking what off and how much time they have taken this year so far.

The biggest benefit I have realized using 7shifts is the TIME I have saved! Using the templates, I am able to quickly drag and drop employees into shifts and automatically keep regular shifts by employees in place.

What Restaurant Management solution do you use?

7shifts review by Amanda R.
Amanda R.

"Easy transition with great benefits"

What do you like best?

The ease at which the users have adapted. We switched from excel to the 7shifts app with remarkable ease and acceptance.

What do you dislike?

I would really like it if there was more analytical information available, i.e. how often do staff open the app, who has elected for push notifications, how many people are utilizing the app to its fullest potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Instead of dedicating hours each scheudle period to creating a schedule, 7Shifts allows multiple managers to input simultaneously and with better accuracy. Cutting our overall scheduling time in half, maybe less!

It has allowed for better accountability and a live schedule that changes as needed. In the past, on excel, those of us out of the outlets never know the changes or adaptations that were being made to the schedules after they were posted, now we do. The staff have the onus on themselves to request time, with a proper time date stamp trail to follow.

7shifts review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Ditch the paper and regain your time with this powerful and versatile scheduling solution."

What do you like best?

Once you take the time to define your company, schedule creation is literally one click and perhaps a drag-and-drop tweak or two. 7Shifts manages employee availability, time off, shift switches, messaging - everything that used to require reams of paper, whiteboards, Post-It notes and a good memory. Employees have all of their schedule information available to them on the app, which is very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. 7Shifts fits my needs perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial setup took about six hours spread across three days, defining business parameters, entering the staff, defining staff roles, defining the shifts that need to be covered, developing rules regarding availability/time-off submission deadlines and shift switching. The mobile app is intuitive enough that your staff should have a short learning curve - I needed to do very little one-on-one training. Once setup was complete and the staff was familiar with the app, I ran three weekly schedules in parallel with the paper schedule, and then we switched over to 7Shifts completely.

Keeping track of weekly availability, time-off requests, shift switches, and inter-staff communication requires a lot of paper and a good memory. Creating the schedule on paper is time-consuming and leaves room for human error. 7Shifts automated the entire process, and reduced the time I spend managing my weekly schedule from several hours to five minutes per week. I always know who is working, and the staff has their availability and schedule at their fingertips.

7shifts review by Emily N.
Emily N.

"7Shifts - Great for multiple companies! "

What do you like best?

The communication aspect with 7Shifts messaging has been the best part of our experience with 7Shifts! We're able to effectively communicate schedule changes, business updates and other pertinent business information across all channels (or just a few).

What do you dislike?

The new toggle option between companies sometimes doesn't work and I have to log out and back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost far outweighs the cost of managements time in schedule creation.

The main issue we're able to overcome with 7Shifts is better communication! There has been no other way to effective communicate between 100ish employees, across four companies. Another huge benefit is the availability function to manage 30 college students class schedules. We've cut our schedule creation time to 1/8 of what it used to be.

7shifts review by Jeb V.
Jeb V.

"Eliminate scheduling chaos and frustration. ."

What do you like best?

Budgeting tools. Ease of building schedules. Drag and drop features. Easy to approve or deny requests, time off. I like the ability to block days off for requested time off. Scheduled made in a fraction of time as Excel. No longer walk into the restaurant with notes on employees calling out or had their schedule wrong.

What do you dislike?

If I could import sales data from Micros easily I would like to see that for forecasting. Also break out projected sales into lunch and dinner shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I knew it would help the staff, but I loved how much extra time I had and how many less headaches trying to cover shifts .

A few years ago I had a long term assistant manager leave for a new job 1 week before our summer season started. I quickly looked for ways I could organize my own time as I would be doing both jobs for a while. At the time scheduling was a chaotic mess of spread sheets and rough drafts on legal pads that we always getting lost. Requested time off by employees were on notes, in Facebook messages, texts to other employees, emails, or conversations you can;t remember. Setting up my staff of about 50 people was very easy with the help of the 7shifts team. We ran the 7shifts program side by side with our Excel schedule for one we and after that we were sold. We never went back to spreadsheets ever again. Requested time off, availability, and even partial time off are all handled in the app or online. My staff love the fact that they can see who is trying to get a shift covered and can bid on it in the shift pool. As a manager I can approve, deny or change everything from the app. Checking the daily lineup, approving a day off and swapping shifts can be done while standing in line at the grocery store. the staff loves the fact they have schedule as soon as its published. There are no longer any Friday or Saturday night calls to the hostess asking to check the schedule. I have been managing for 12 years in this restaurant and I can honestly say the best tool I ever bought that helped myself out was 7shifts. The headaches of dealing with not having enough staff because messages were relayed to the proper person are gone. I have more time for other tings. Literally hours more time each week. The budgeting tools help with year to year labor costs savings and this summer alone we have saved about 100 hours a week in overtime for my summer staff of 102 people by using 7shifts. My employees love this app and so do I. I honestly could not recommend it enough.

7shifts review by Kate O.
Kate O.

"A Scheduling Gamechanger!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use both for the schedule writer and the team members! Team puts in own availability, requests for time off, can offer up or request to switch shifts with other team members, message me or each other, and can view schedule anytime on the free app. For me, all the information I need is right at my fingertips when writing the schedule. What really sets 7shifts apart form other scheduling apps though, is their easily accessible customer service! I've had nothing but positive experiences with them (and I've used it a lot!).

What do you dislike?

I upgraded plans for awhile but didn't feel like I got a whole lot of extra useful features (for my company anyway). For reference, we employ about 80 team members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the customer service anytime you aren't sure how to do something or if you have a suggestion. Many of the ideas I've offered were suggested from other companies as well and I've seen several come to fruition already!

I spend less time organizing availabilities and time off requests, so writing the schedule is less time consuming and stressful. We've experienced fewer missed shifts due to the fact that team members can view their most up-to-date schedule from their app at any time.

7shifts review by Garrett B.
Garrett B.

"Great App!"

What do you like best?

This app is extremely helpful in letting me know all the information I need on a daily basis at my job, whether it be notifying me of my shifts changing or being posted, to letting me know that someone else’s shift is open.

What do you dislike?

The interface in the app can be a bit confusing at times, and the messaging system is somewhat hectic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this scheduling app as it is highly user friendly and extremely effective

We are solving the problem of having chaotic schedules and bad communication within the workplace. 7shifts is an Easy to use scheduling app that allows all employees to know all the information about upcoming shifts and scheduling

7shifts review by Matthew  B.
Matthew B.

"7 Shifts makes running our business easier"

What do you like best?

It makes schedule writing quick & easy. It enables our team communication and allows staff to make time off requests and trade shifts all from their phone app. Keeps us organized as a team. It syncs with our POS and really is a great tool for our business.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It’s great. If there was anything perhaps the reporting features and set up to sync with our PoS could have been better.

It saves us time, keeps on ur managers and team in bettter communication and our staff loves it too.

7shifts review by Darell C.
Darell C.

"What a Great way to control your biggest expense "

What do you like best?

the ease of use, the daily roster helps us see staffing at a glance, the labor cost tool, the app makes you think in 15 min increments and the time clock is great showing the scheduled shift vs clocked in shift to help prevent theft of hours, making a change is instant to the staff

The instant support chat option on the bottom no searching for emails or phone numbers and if no one is on the chat they are very quick to answer your query

What do you dislike?

auto sorts by lists instead of roles defaults to FOH, when we publish a change it goes out to every staff member not just the impacted person

Recommendations to others considering the product

don't hesitate to use the support chat on the bottom they are quick to answer and fix if needed

helps us control our payroll, allows us to instantly see where we can save hours, no more sticky notes on the board requesting time off. Staff love it and when they love something they use it! Staff are all aware of their shifts even if we are behind and publish late, no more staff calling in sick they use the app to give away their shifts it has taken the HR management of our business to a new level one without as much stress or work needed by the managers

7shifts review by Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.

"Best!"

What do you like best?

We have used 7Shifts for a few years now. It is great, efficient and the support team is constantly working to make improvements. I have made a few suggestions and it is great to see them put into action. The internal communication piece is wonderful and we rely on it heavily in our shop.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that when I read a message, it stays as marked unread across devices, until I clear it on both the laptop and phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than anything else we considered

Communication! The ability to post pictures with comments has been so valuable to us. Posting by role is a huge help!

7shifts review by Leslie C.
Leslie C.

"Scheduling and changes to schedules are much easier for me with 7 Shifts. "

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to see quickly the schedule of employees at a certain store on any particular day.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I dislike, but I am looking forward to a more 'real time' sales numbers throughout the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay for it - it's worth it!

Easier to schedule employees with it being their responsibility to add Availability themselves. Individual 'Availability' makes it less likely that I will wrongly schedule someone. Benefits are saving time!

7shifts review by User in Internet

"Fantastic day-to-day functionality for employees"

What do you like best?

Both the website and the mobile app are robust and well-designed.

7shifts will send notifications to your phone or via email when someone offers up a shift, eliminating the need to make the rounds to let coworkers know you need a shift covered. The app also gives you the option to only offer a shift to only one person or a few people which eased shift switches.

The broad calendar overview gives a clear picture of who you would be working with and when. This also helps determine who can potentially take a shift from you.

Overall, 7shifts provides a lot of functionality while remaining simple and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor discrepancies between the mobile app and the website. For one, sometimes schedules presented on the mobile calendar and the web calendar would be different with one not representing shift changes that took place.

Releasing a shift to specific people on the website could also be somewhat more confusing than doing so on the mobile app. On the website, the option to fully release a shift is automatically highlighted offering no indication that you need to click the button again to offer the shift to specific people.

It removes a lot of the miscommunication associated with moving shifts around between employees allows for rapid changes in scheduling.

7shifts review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"New User, but user-friendly software, great support staff"

What do you like best?

The platform is very user friendly, and they have provided me much help and support when setting up 7Shifts for my employer.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that they have tutorials for web, but none for mobile that I can find. I would like to have these as a resource for teaching the staff how to use the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great value, especially if you're a Canadian based company, or a small business.

We are making it easier for our staff to access their schedules and request time off. We are hoping it will help us solve our issue of employees switching shifts without notifying the manager.

7shifts review by Administrator

"This software saves me so many headaches and hours!"

What do you like best?

7Shifts puts the power in the hands of my team and alleviates me of unnecessary work. Employees can offer up their shifts and communicate seamlessly. I also LOVE the templates feature. Such a time saver

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a way to create recurring events without having to add new events one week at a time. I also wish there was an easier way to load my weekly sales from WineDirect to 7Shifts. I've basically stopped using that feature because it takes too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it already. You'll be glad you did!

I save my company so much money on labor!

7shifts review by Emilee T.
Emilee T.

"Everyone is a fan!"

What do you like best?

How I'm able to integrate current technology with scheduling.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to rotate employees sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you put in the initial hours to program 7shifts, then you will save yourself so much time in the long run.

We are now a more cohesive restaurant because of the way 7shifts has allowed us to communicate with each other. It's like a group Facebook page. We call each other out, post postive reviews for everyone to see and everyone is up-to-date with what is happening within the restaurant.

7shifts review by User

"Great App! Very easy to use and great features. "

What do you like best?

7shifts is very user friendly. It covers all areas and offers every important feature needed in the restaurant biz!

The alerts are very useful. Always let's you know when your shift starts 2 hours ahead of time

It's also nice being able to message other employees

The tracker on hours and pay is a great feature too

What do you dislike?

nothing yet. Everything has been awesome. This is a great app

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended! Definitely useful and all scheduling should be done this way

Everyone knows how to use this

it gives employees important alerts and keeps everyone in the know!

7shifts review by Administrator

"Can’t belive I used to use excel! "

What do you like best?

This has made it SO easy. From scheduling to availability, events and shift swaps, it is an awesome communication tool. Worth every penny, wished I had known about it sooner!

What do you dislike?

I have trouble with changing the shift times across the board. It used to have a different feature that is no longer there.

The events feature is HUGE for us, helps manage all of our catered events and keep everyone in the loop. Much easier to see what dates are booked for events and where! (We have 2 locations so this is major!)

7shifts review by erin f.
erin f.

"Good for staff to change shifts and be accountable"

What do you like best?

We used to do weekly regular schedules in a spreadsheet but staff switching shifts was handwritten in a book. This allowed for lack of accountability at times when a shift went uncovered. 7shifts makes it easy to get available shifts covered with less work.

What do you dislike?

Making a change to a regular schedule requires making changes one week at a time and we often have months programmed ahead at a time.

Saving time searching for coverage on surprise staff needs.

7shifts review by Sara E.
Sara E.

"Completely changed our scheduling"

What do you like best?

7shifts is much more affordable than similar products and is easy to use

What do you dislike?

Only integrates with a handful of POS systems and isn't set up for manual past payroll cost entry

Recommendations to others considering the product

7shifts understands restaurant scheduling and therefore is a better option than many non-industry specific programs

This has been huge for organizing our schedules! No more problems scheduling staff when they requested off or unplanned overtime.

7shifts review by Kristin B.
Kristin B.

"SO EASY, SAVES SO MUCH TIME!"

What do you like best?

The App!! Keeping us all connected, it's current always accurate. Saves us so much time.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I cannot think of anything we do not like about 7Shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's incredibly convenient and easy to use!

Saving time, seeing everyone's availability, it's always current and up to date. Everyone is connected and can access schedule and posts instantly through the app.

7shifts review by Phil Y.
Phil Y.

"Great hospitality scheduling software"

What do you like best?

User friendly interface, easy for employees to navigate and learn, responsive, personal support from 7shifts team

What do you dislike?

I wish all employees could clock in (time clock punch in) from the 7shifts app.

I spend half the time I used to on scheduling with other software.

7shifts review by Rachel B.
Rachel B.

"Love at First Shift Schedule"

What do you like best?

Do I have to pick just one?! I love that I’m able to see my shifts and who I am scheduled with.

What do you dislike?

I think it’d be beneficial in the messaging if it showed who has viewed the message and who has not.

The ability to communicate within the app and SMS. And the ability to communicate with specific groups.

7shifts review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"Easy to use. Great way to communicate with the company"

What do you like best?

Access from anywhere. Ease of use. Being able to communicate with the company.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about 7 shifts

Getting messages to all employees when they are not at work. Easy to fill open shifts.

7shifts review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy scheduling & managing for employees! "

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling & managing for employees! 7shifts allows employees to communicate via wall, be scheduled quickly and allows live-stats to be shown. There is an app version and employees have access to view their schedule easily at any point.

What do you dislike?

App can be stingy at times but overall works pretty easily and well. Easy to pull up shift information at any moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on app glitches!

7Shifts makes the restaurant biz a little easier when it comes towards managing employees.It's feels made for the restaurant industry. Things that make life easier include, an easy scheduler, shift notes/manager notes, data aspects, and everyone raves about the app.

7shifts review by Tanner A.
Tanner A.

"Schedule with ease. "

What do you like best?

Scheduling, communication with large staff, shift pool, time off requests with no paper on my desk.

What do you dislike?

nothing at all. everything works great for us.

Less paper floating around. Real time payroll.

7shifts review by Zachary F.
Zachary F.

"Great tool for my business "

What do you like best?

Smart interactive software that helps me manage my business and save labor.

What do you dislike?

I think this program is very close to perfect for my small business

Schedule conflicts and labor issues

7shifts review by Administrator

"7Shifts has helped me tremendously in my job!"

What do you like best?

Being able to organize and post schedules. Approving hours and time off requests are made simple.

What do you dislike?

Have not had any issues so far. It has worked great for us.

Biggest thing is being able to see staffing, as well as knowing spots where we need to place people.

7shifts review by User

"7 Shifts Review"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to use and understand.

Viewing schedules at a glance is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything at the moment...

Makes it a lot easier to communicate with all staff, and for staff to have information and updates instantaneously.

7shifts review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Saving lots of time"

What do you like best?

Employee Availability and Time off tab and Manager Log

What do you dislike?

I would like to have the app alert me when I schedule an employee too many days in a row

Time. I can share my responsibilities with other managers

7shifts review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Absolutely Love 7Shifts! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and hassle-free. Notifies staff when schedule is posted and/or changed by e-mail and SMS.

What do you dislike?

Does not show when staff have read any memos or viewed their schedule. I almost think staff should have to confirm their schedule once it has been posted.

Scheduling has become very easy, I love the layout and structure provided by 7Shifts.

"A Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The best thing about 7Shifts is the time I save each week by having scheduled saved as templates.

What do you dislike?

I wish 7Shifts had a better messaging system.

Having a schedule history allows me to see what I did in the past for busier times of the year.

7shifts review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Smooth operation"

What do you like best?

User friendly and responsive. Very supportive.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades too soon too fast. However upgrades have to happen. It is with tweeking that improvements are made

Easy to communicate with employees internally

Learn more about 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling

7shifts Restaurant Scheduling Videos

Learning about 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling?

* We monitor all 7shifts Restaurant Scheduling reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.