8x8 Cloud Contact Center

Leader in Enterprise Communications as a Service (ECaaS), cloud-based unified communications and contact center solutions.

Work for 8x8 Cloud Contact Center?

Learning about 8x8?

8x8 Cloud Contact Center Reviews

Ask 8x8 a Question
Showing 44 8x8 reviews
8x8 review by <span>Bryan P.</span>
Bryan P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The numerous tools for making our four person non-profit office sound and perform just as efficiently as any large private corporation. The ease of setup and scalability has allowed us to grow from two to four employees enhanced our ability to provide the same services away from our desks seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

As with any VOIP system, the quality of the 8x8 Services are heavily dependent on bandwidth. When we grew our office from 2 to 4 we needed to upgrade our DSL system to a more expensive broadband setup to remove the crackling and dropped calls. Having two charges for telephony (8x8 AND Verizon) is a pain. It would be really nice if 8x8 could partner with a service provider at a reduced package rate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just compare price point. Go line by line to compare apples to apples. Vonage for Business may have a better price point, but didn't deliver all the services that 8x8 provided.

Also review your setup after a year. We setup fax, recording and conference call capability for all six lines but found that only two people really needed or utilized the services. We were able to reduce our bill by dropping those unnecessary services on four of our lines with no ill affects to our callers.

For over 30 years, the Brain Injury Association of Maryland has maintained a Hotline for Marylanders with brain injuries, their families, and the healthcare providers who serve them. When I came on board five years ago, I was asked to take the organization to the next level. For 30 years, if we weren't in the office, we couldn't answer those all-too-important calls. I knew we needed to "cut the cord" of that 800 number while still being able to provide the same compassion and support for which have been known for over three decades. I saw VOIP as the answer to that dilemma.

I wanted a system that was portable, but seamless. A system where we could answer calls on our newly purchased iPads as easily as we could on our cell phones or desk phones. Where we could create three party calls with the click of a button to immediately put a caller directly in touch with the resource he or she needed. It had to be flexible, scalable, and add professionalism to our office space. (No screaming to pick up the phone on line 1 for you since we didn't have voice mail and I couldn't forward the call to your phone.)

After receiving a generous Salesforce.com Foundation grant to move our call notes from blue index cards to the cloud, we went searching for a VOIP system that could help us fully utilize this new award. We looked at several systems, but found that 8x8 offered the most services for the best price. As an Executive Director with no IT or Telephone background or support, I needed a system that I could learn and implement quickly and easily. Not knowing the difference between a PBX and PBJ, I launched into setting up the system with six phone lines, six fax lines, our 800 service, virtual receptionist, voicemails to email, conference calls, and uploading our hold music. (HOLD MUSIC!. You would hear MUSIC while you were on hold! WOW!) I then made sure it worked our our cell phones and iPads. I then went about syncing it with our Salesforce.com for Non-Profits database.

Before, when a call came in, we asked if they had called before. If they had, we would look for their name in a Word Document Folder with their name and then also search for a corresponding blue index card with their name in one of our four, four-drawer file cabinets. If they hadn't hung up, we would then be able to speak to them and add notes about the conversation.

Now, when you call us, your number and caller ID is simultaneously run through our Salesforce.com for Non-Profits database. If you are in our database, your record pops-up and we are able to automatically see whose calling, when you called last, who took the call, and what was discussed. If you are not in our database, a text bubble pops up which allows us to add you to our Salesforce database and the call and what is discussed is automatically logged as activity on your account. That information is uploaded real time so if you call back a few hours later, and someone else answers the call (either in the office or out on the road on their iPad) your record pops up and we can pick up the conversation right where you left off.

Our primary mission is to provide information and assistance to our callers whether they be calling for themselves, a loved one, patient or client. "Remembering" the caller builds a connection and connection builds trust. Without trust, our advice is no better than a list of names in the yellow pages. From the first time you call and are met with a professional greeting, transfer after hold music, or a polished voicemail, to "remembering" our last call with you, 8x8 has revolutionized our ability to serve Maryland's brain injury community.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 8x8 Cloud Contact Center
8x8 review by <span>Erik J.</span>
Erik J.

Sales Rep is great - Service team ok

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Our Sales Rep Jim Guise is awesome. He has been available for every question that we have ever had and solves our problems swiftly.

What do you dislike?

As of late, we have been having a lot of issues with garbled audio, dropped calls and almost seems as if they fired everyone in their service department and hired people with little experience. They used to have incredible teams, not sure what happened over there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have tech savvy people in house and also have an outside IT company it'll be fine. If you don't good luck... Call center is tough, they NEVER read the notes in their system from previous support cases. Get's aggravating repeating yourself over and over again.

The 8x8 platform links through to our salesforce platform and works great most of the time. This allowed us to not have to purchased hard phones for every workstation and also make the stations smaller since we did not have to accommodate more electronics on the desktop.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Contact Center Workforce solution do you use?

8x8 review by <span>Gregory P.</span>
Gregory P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The simplicity of managing the phones, features, and users. We are paying less than we were with an out dated system that required a terminal to program and now have a considerable amount of big features without having to micromanage the system.

What do you dislike?

For me, there is not much to dislike. The one area that I could see improving is being able to schedule a ring group. For business hours, having our main line answered live is ideal while having it divert to the auto-attendant after hours is preferred without having reception remember to enable DND.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your analysis of required features for your organization. For us, 8x8 is a natural fit. Simplicity of use and management tied to predictable billing was an important factor. Our users have not had any issues learning the features of the phone or UC apps.

Ability to easily add users in multiple office locations on the same system.

Adding unified communications when it was not previously an option with our old hardware.

8x8 review by <span>Alicha K.</span>
Alicha K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The staff - always helpful. Even when it's a silly question about something outside of their own software.

The software - love that I can access everything from my phone or laptop. The app is easy to use and keeps me connected on the road.

The reporting - I can keep an eye on staff, and make sure our time is being used for full ROI.

What do you dislike?

Honestly? Nothing - I have zero complaints. I've been with this company for over 4 years now and have not an issue with the 8x8 system yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, great support, excellent for mobile employees

Communication - lack thereof is a huge whole is many businesses. Especially when a large part of their staff are mobile. The 8x8 software always keeps us connected, up to date, and it's user-friendly design is a huge help.

8x8 review by <span>Stephanie P.</span>
Stephanie P.

Reliable integrated phone system

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I really like that 8x8 is reliable. I also appreciate that it allows me and other staff to make calls and access messages from anywhere -via email, on my phone, on my desktop. It allows me to work from any location with no loss of connectivity.

What do you dislike?

I've been happy with 8x8. Our previous system was not reliable - there were regular problems with lost calls and bad networks. 8x8 is much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend 8x8 - it's a good investment, especially if you are concerned with planning for a disaster or need staff who are mobile for other reasons.

8x8 allows staff to communicate from wherever they are. Since we need to plan for the possibility of hurricane evacuations ever summer, we need staff who are mobile and able to do their jobs from any location.

8x8 review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

Works well most of the time

Validated Review
What do you like best?

8x8 has our queues set up perfectly. It’s easy to turn on call recording for agents. It is fairly simple to set up new lines. I love being able to have multiple queues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes their software has bugs. My agents regularly complain about having to restart the software or delete and re-download their app. Additionally, their reporting in the Analytics software could be improved. You’ll find discrepancies between how many calls it says an agent “missed” on one report to another. I’ve called them multiple times to find out why there is a discrepancy, and they always tell the that it’s just Version 1.0 of the software, so it needs improvement. It’s been like that for 1.5 years though. We have learned to work around these little issues. I wish there was a report with how often agents log in and out of the queue to track the percent of time they are staying in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that since it is virtual software, you are at the liberty of their servers. When they crash, you stop getting calls. This has probably happened about 5 times in 3 years.

We are a virtual company, so 8x8 allows our agents to be anywhere in the world and still receive calls from our queue. I can also track and see basic info on the agents like if they are currently logged in or out.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about 8x8 Cloud Contact Center?

* We monitor all 8x8 Cloud Contact Center reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.