8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office

3.8

8x8 delivers the latest in reliable cloud based technology for all of your business phone service needs.

Work for 8x8 Virtual Office?

Learning about 8x8 Virtual Office?

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

Ask 8x8 Virtual Office a Question
Showing 124 8x8 Virtual Office reviews
8x8 Virtual Office review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"The best VoIP system that actually works for every business!"

What do you like best?

8x8 can do just about everything you need a phone system to do. 8x8 continues to enhanced their system to meet the increasing demands of customers.

What do you dislike?

Tech support could be improved to have 24/7 Tier one phone support in the U.S. The Philippines tech support staff don't always understand the problem right away to solve it quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have technical experience find an technical person to assist you in setting up the phone system, especially someone who has experience setting it up. Like most VoIP system, they expect you to do it yourself with remote support. 8x8 is a great system if it is setup correctly by someone who knows the system.

Customer was paying $1500 a month with AT&T and now he is paying $135 a month with 8x8 and getting more features.

The ability to answer business calls from anywhere in the world has been helpful.

We don't need a receptionist to answer our phones anymore, saving us money.

The auto attendant routes calls for quickly to the right department, to give the customer a better experience.

Voicemails are routed to the correct department.

Sales people don't have to sit at their desk to receive a sales call by using the 8x8 app, they can receive calls anywhere, never missing a sales opportunity.

During power outages, we never miss a call, as the system continues to route calls to our cell phones.

Our old phone system ran out of extensions as our company was growing. We will never run out of extensions with 8x8, as we add new extensions as needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 8x8 Virtual Office
8x8 Virtual Office review by Jake R.
Jake R.

"Terrible Product, Terrible Support"

What do you like best?

There is absolutely nothing I like about this service.

What do you dislike?

This may be long.

-Support is terrible. Our average ticket resolution time is 64 days.

-Virtual Office Desktop application is so full of bugs it’s completely unusable.

-Any issues presented to support are responded to with “its a known issue, we’re working on it, we don’t know when it will be fixed.” You can’t call app breaking bugs a “known issue”.

-If to ever make the mistake of enrolling in their beta program, it will take you months to get unenrolled.

-Support will argue with you and insult you. They also like to make things up to explain their frequent network problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t do it

None, in fact this is causing us problems. The phones go offline multiple times a day, which is apparently a “known issue”.

What VoIP solution do you use?

8x8 Virtual Office review by Aaron K.
Aaron K.

"Flexible, powerful and it works and helps me work."

What do you like best?

The calls to the office can be transparently mirrored to a cell phone so i can be reached by a client at any time anywhere. The fax and voicemail to email feature is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes outgoing calls seem to hang and never connect or get completed, without any status update or reason requiring a hang up and redial. Occurs on both cell and office phone systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend if you need office and mobile phone support, fax and voicemail to email capability and very effective e-fax technology.

Conducting business on the go, faxing from anywhere, and receiving calls and faxes on the go and storing faxes and voicemails with client files. It certainly increases efficiency and professionalism to have your office phone available in and out of the office and seamless faxing is excellent.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Chad F.
Chad F.

"Sub Par Service and Features"

What do you like best?

That’s it’s VOIP integrated. Convenient. Cons- you took away my ability to fax documents via cell phone on the 8X8 app. This was the biggest most valuable feature we had and is vital in our company management and daily operations from remote locations. I’d like it back or find someone who can provide that service.

What do you dislike?

Took away fax capability. My #1 reason for becoming a customer in the first place. My employees can no longer send faxes remotely from their phone. This was especially helpful since 95% of all our jobs are located in extremely remote areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

All calls, e-mails, and faxes are received at the same location despite where you may be.

You NO LONGER have the ability to upload attachments/documents and fax them from your 8X8 app or Remote Desktop on your computer. Almost a deal breaker considering we had the ability to do so for years and they took it away and increased monthly pricing. LESS VALUE, INCREASED COSTS

Convenience of answering the phone no matter the location. received Email/fax all go to the same place. I’ve been a customer since 2012. When I first came on board, we could send faxes remotely. This was a huge advantage and was 90% the reason why I joined 8X8. Our technicians could take care of business and fax paperwork anywhere at anytime. We never had a single issue with sending fax. Shortly after, you took that feature away. I have expressed my discontent and have been told repeatedly fax capability will return with your next update. Well, that been over a year. It still makes me sick to know the #1 capability was taken away and you increase monthly prices since then.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Problem solving "

What do you like best?

8x8 has given me to cross platform my communications. I have a desk phone, Windows laptop, android phone and an IPad. No matter what device I am using I can share the data and answer calls. Allowing for notifications for voicemail, faxes and SMS on all devices for priority information does not slip through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

Set up and making changes to the profile and services is not a straight forward as it could be. You can only send SMS from the main number not other extensions. Web conference does not allow remote computer to take over a presentation and control the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a a good stable internet connection. Understand that the cell phone of other data is not always a good connection.

The ability to easily add and/or subtract team members from the system. Also the cost to bring in a land line was prohibitive. The ability to work anywhere I have three location that i work out of and having the continuity with the system is key

8x8 Virtual Office review by George B.
George B.

"A Good Service Though Pricey for a Small Business is High"

What do you like best?

I like the Virtual Office soft-phone and the integration with browsers and MS Office, especially Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Cost is high. I have a fairly powerful PC but I am getting frequent warnings that I have too many apps open and it is affecting Virtual Offices performance. It is difficult to have a professionally voiced greeting installed and changed for voice mail. The user interface for setting up and using the auto-attendant and time of day functions is unintelligible and essentially unusable. I have worked in telephony on Avaya , Mitel, and other systems; 8x8 is, by far, the worst I have ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what you want and read carefully the guides (especially for the auto attedant as 8x8's software is not intuitive to use.

The simultaneous ringing of my office and cell phone allows me to have near constant availability.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Nicholas F.
Nicholas F.

"Good not great"

What do you like best?

A lot of functionality and on the fly modifications to the phone system.

What do you dislike?

System outages seem can occur as frequently as 2 times a year, which can be a large nuisance for my organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small organization that is connected to a very stable internet lines it will work great. There can be outages (more than we would like to see), but all in all a fairly good product with a lot of functionality.

Softphone program tends to go down roughly once a quarter. This makes it so that our team can not make calls directly through the softphone. Additionally, the system requires very stable and fiber lines in order to create the best call quality.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Reliable and Convenient service"

What do you like best?

I can make calls from my work number from anywhere I am and I don't need a "work" cell phone to do it. The app is free and pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches in the app after I hang up a call. I also don't like that you have to subscribe and pay extra for the SMS service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is convenient, reliable, and has great quality. It is perfect for mobile offices.

I like that both my work contacts and personal contacts can be accessed from the app. and that I can join meetings right from the app on my phone. It supports companies that have multiple offices and mobile offices perfectly.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"8x8 will overcharge you for their mistake"

What do you like best?

If you like being #$%%^ up the @$$ this service is for you

/s

What do you dislike?

Took a look at our bill one day to find 8x8 was billing us nearly $400/month. Called and found out that they charge for call recording and the space it used. This was something that I was never told!

I cancelled call recording - this was a couple of years ago.

Recently I started call recording knowing I would have to manually delete the calls. Got the same nearly $400 monthly bill again! They had kept the old calls from years ago and didn't tell me I needed to delete them because they had kept them.

When asking for a refund for the small amount, they said too bad, those are valid charges.

Looking for another phone service now.

#8x8isEvil

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use. Horrible customer service

It's like most other VOIP services minus good customer service and ethics.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Internet

"Wouldn't recommend it, there has to be something better."

What do you like best?

Its easy to move to a new phone, different desk, or work from home with a person cell.

What do you dislike?

Call IDs are not available after call ends. Goes down frequently. Accounts are pricey, and there is no easy way to delete inactive accounts in bulk. Even deleting them individually too quickly can cause issues for the entire 8x8 system.

Although we aren't sure if its directly related, we experience an unusual number of call issues, audio issues, etc.

Not all statuses are available from a single drop down, you have to switch to an 'active' status to change to a different 'offline' status. Agents sometimes get stuck in calls or receive calls while offline.

The service is overall finicky. Its not uncommon for 8x8 to just not be responsive, resulting in adherence being tracked incorrectly (which is especially painful when agents are expected to comply with a strict adherence standard for their metrics).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be a good 'affordable option.'

However, switching to something else is a long and cumbersome process. Deleting inactive agent accounts is a nearly impossible process, so that will be costly in the long run with managing partners. I would recommend considering other options.

We use 8x8 for all of our phone contacts with customers, outbound and inbound and tracking schedule adherence. It is also used as a general timeclock for non-phone agents and specialists.

It definitely accomplishes these tasks, but could do better. We don't feel that its the most reliable or efficient.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great for multinational companies"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly and affordably contact my colleagues from any of our offices around the world. I also like that I can take my office phone with my on the go through 8x8's mobile app.

What do you dislike?

We had quite a challenge getting the system set up. It took several tries to get 8x8 to stop routing our calls through an international server.

Also, the video conferencing tool is all but useless. The system can't handle multiple videos at one time. The phone also crashes from time to time like any other software program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If setting up the system in multiple countries, make sure they're routing your calls out of the correct regions.

We're solving the problem of connecting colleagues all around the world without paying crazy international calling fees. We're able to efficiently and affordably connect all of our employees.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Mufti Jamil A.
Mufti Jamil A.

"My Experiences With 8X8"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and both the cell phone application and desktop application are simple, easy to use and straight forward. Being able to send faxes via the web/pc with no restrictions is a great service.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit high and cell phone application connection can be unstable once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for internet faxing and receiving faxes via email. The phone set up is easy and very straight forward. There really are not any bugs that I have encountered.

My use is primarily to deal with my clients and vendors. It has a call directory service so all call can be directed to the right individuals. Voicemails and Faxes are sent via email updates also which is helpful in keeping in contact with clients and other business contacts.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Noah E.
Noah E.

"Excellent Enterprise Communication Platform "

What do you like best?

There are several great benefits to adopting the 8x8 platform. I love having the ability to access the virtual office tools, from a browser, my desktop, and even my personal cellular device. I love being able to forward my office phone number to my mobile device when I am traveling for work.

What do you dislike?

I typically run into a bit of a delay with the forwarding features of the virtual office. The support sites for the platform are not easy to navigate and it is easy to drown in the information that is available.

We use 8x8 as our main communication ecosystem with desk phones, and virtual teleconferencing.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Easy to use, simple userface"

What do you like best?

I like that it provides an easy to use interface to access missed calls. It is helpful having a company directory to see people's availability. The presence notification makes it easy to access availability.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike sometimes is when the notification screen stays on the computer screen. Sometimse the information on my missed calls remains on the Polycom call device and does not coincide what is on my computer screen. It is somehow confusing to remove the notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to explore other functionalities and encourage use with other business partners.

It is useful in organizing the calls and to see previous communications. I use the call functionality mostly but would like to use it more for meeting arrangements. It would be helpful to link with Outlook because I arrange my meetings on Outlook and don't want it to redundantly be on this as well.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Marc K.
Marc K.

"Quick and Simple"

What do you like best?

Timely and efficient assistance! Ordering new lines is a very simple process. And on the singular occasion we had an 8x8-related technical issue, their support was able to walk me through the exact steps to fix it. I'm not a luddite, but I'm not IT either - it was simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing of note. It is not the cheapest service available, but they keep their pricing relatively fair and are willing to work with clients to maintain competitive pricing.

8x8 is our primary phone vendor -- tremendously easier than working with traditional phone providers. Issues with billing, new services, et cetera are always handled rapidly and efficiently. I called today to discuss inconsistencies in my rates - Katie and the enterprise sales teams were fantastic and solved all my concerns in under 30 minutes.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Jon B.
Jon B.

"Customer Service is a Joke."

What do you like best?

I liked the Virtual Office. It helped with the keeping the phones lines covered.

What do you dislike?

I have been a customer since 2000. We have had 4 different accounts numbers with them. But quality changed last year. One representative will say one thing then the next will say it never was documented and refuse to assist saying that the call has become "unproductive". @Jeremy Carroll is the supervisor who agreed with each point I made about how they did not follow their own procedures but would not help with the billing error. Bad Bad Bad. There is lots of other providers available. Stay away. It was a small amount but every penny counts when you are a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move on. They will find that what ever is the problem you can spend more money to fix it.

After our internet provider upgraded equipment their software would not work any more. They suggested that we buy new cable modems and routers to fix problem. Then when we tried to move to another provider they held the number hostage for another billing period. Never deal with companies who do not care about the customer. Move on.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Will R.
Will R.

"Great service, but lacking in Linux support"

What do you like best?

Call clarity is great, and the newer mobile apps make calling and meeting creation / joining super easy.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a Linux client. Our software shop is ~70% Linux, so the lack of a native client is a bit frustrating. The new beta web-based UI for meetings works well enough but it's limited, feature wise; as time goes on that may solve a lot of our headache, but a native port of the desktop app would still be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it, especially if replacing on-premise systems.

Keeping mobile sales and marketing folks connected wherever they may roam is the biggest, but we've also started using the web conferencing more and more.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Joan K.
Joan K.

"8X8 is a phone system keeps your business open for calls 24x7"

What do you like best?

We only use the 8x8 Virtual Office on our work stations and/or cell phone or Ipad. We can work in the office on wifi, but if it is down the calls go to our cell. If I am out of the office and need to call a client I can open the 8x8 app on my mobile phone and the caller id shows my business number and the call can be recorded. In the insurance business it is necessary for our calls to be secure. 8x8 is HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

We have not found any real problems since we implemented the system.

If there is a weather situation that we can not get to the office we can take all our calls from home on our computer or on our mobile phone.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Beware of the bait and switch"

What do you like best?

Phone service itself was good, some features ok

What do you dislike?

Customer service is terrible! I have been switched to 5 sales reps in less then years. Everytime you need to add a line, you had to speak to your rep. I sometimes waited two weeks for service requests to be added. Now the latest scam is they have increased their pricing even though I was supposed to be locked in for 3 years. They said they have the right to change it. Hmmm what is the point of signing a 3 year agreement then? Very disappointed. When setting up my system initially, I had to figure everything out on my own. I called customer service and often they did not know how to help with what I needed. I ended up telling them how to fix it. Completely unacceptable!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away! I used to recommend this company to all of my business associates. In the last year or so, the service has gone completely down hill and they have increased their pricing to more than double on some features. I have a 3 year agreement with them and they basically told me , we can do that. Well, I can change companies. Beware of the bait and switch and know that an agreement means nothing to them.

Office phone system

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"After 2 years with 8x8 I'm still happy!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use the app on my iphone to answer phone calls and it appears as if I'm sitting in my office. It can ring both in my office and on my mobile, or I can set up to ring at office first and then my mobile. Lots of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with the app when I had an Android phone. It was not as functional and consistent as my iphone is now. Plus I don't like that I can't tell if an incoming call is personal or business, unless I recognize the caller of course!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options to be flexible with 8x8 depending on your business needs. However this means that setup and changes may require getting an 8x8 rep on the phone to help. Be patient. They are worth it.

Having a fax! Two area codes so I have local numbers for two regions. All numbers can be flexible to ring at my desk and my mobile.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Mischa P.
Mischa P.

"Professional Presence maginified"

What do you like best?

Having a professional phone system with an automated attendant has been a game changer for our company. I also like the power keys option so that my office manager can field calls when I am unavailable. It is also a great having multiple lines available.

The ease of transfering an existing phone number to the system. It is very hard to have to start new when you've been using the same phone number for years.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, we have been on the system for about 3 years and have not had any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loyalty plan.. There seems to be a lot for new clients or only when you add a sservice, and not all services qualify for promotions

As a small office can connect with our clients using the mobile app when we are not physically in the office or working from remote locations. The Auto Attendant has also given our company a more professional presense with the voice system options.

We have enjoyed the physical phones as well as the softphones on the computers. The mobile app has been a great as well.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Sam S.
Sam S.

"Gets the job done, but have had difficulty getting employees to actually make use of it."

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates the virtual fax, visual voicemail, contact directory, with presence. The SSO is very useful with Google.

What do you dislike?

The phone app is not very reliable. Calls don't alway ring through. Wouldn't recommend for phone app features, only desktop use. The user interface is clunky and not intuitive for many people I administrate so they don't end using the app and revert to just their cell phone and desk phone instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it meets all of your needs before switching, not recommended solely for a mobile only environment.

It solves issues with being limited to a traditional desk phone or local PBX. The remote access features for the extension are useful, and it allows the company phone system to easily span multiple locations.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Dimitri N.
Dimitri N.

"the deficiencies of 8x8"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a click to dial feature and you can see how many cals you made by logging into your online account via a internet browser

What do you dislike?

Support is nearly nonexistent and once you do get someone on the line they are usually not the right person so you get thrown back into the queue waiting to get someone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How good is your sales ops team? they will need to be able to config and trouble shoot most issues on their own.

Tracking metrics for dials in SFDC.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Sara D.
Sara D.

"8X8 for home office"

What do you like best?

Our office is totally virtual, our entire team works from their home. with 8x8, we are all able to access the phone and voicemails as if we were in a physical office. It is user friendly and customer service is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I love the text messaging feature, but when I log out, the conversation history is deleted, and if someone texts the number while I'm logged out, the message is never received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for off-site employees and phone access while out of the office.

The great benefit to us is being able to use a softphone on the computer, so the phone can be answered at the desk, or mobile phone, or laptop if on the go.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Jerry C.
Jerry C.

"Great VOIP system, Love it!"

What do you like best?

The easy of use and customer support when needed. Also, love the Virtual Office and Mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes. If I could change one thing, I would like to be able to text from one of my virtual numbers but understand why I can't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

I deal with many business owners with time sensitive data. Having 8x8 VO running is paramount to my business. The seamless move to my mobile phone when I leave the office makes this happen.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Shane O.
Shane O.

"A great alternative to a standard phone system"

What do you like best?

8x8 Virtual Office gives you everything that a standard phone system provides, with the additional benefit of mobility. It's a great alternative to being tied to prior phone technology and not being able to work as effectively away from your desk. You never have to miss those important calls!

What do you dislike?

You do want to make sure that you have a great internet connection, so it helps to be with a provider you can trust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be a great way to "cut the cord" with your old phone provider and to take your business into the 21st century.

8x8 Virtual Office allows you to check work voicemail or answer business calls from anywhere.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Pia H.
Pia H.

"Easy way to work virtually "

What do you like best?

8x8 makes it easy to step away from the office and still be able to take care of business. I like being able to answer and make calls from my cell phone when mobile. We have an after hours answering service and it is easy to log into account manager to modify the times calls are switched over.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when using my cell phone the call quality is not the best. When the internet goes down at the office we cannot recieve calls.

8x8 allows our staff to work remotely and still know what is going on in the office. You are able to check your missed calls at the office from your cell phone.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Good VOIP package but not quite great."

What do you like best?

I like that you can use a desk phone, laptop, or mobile to call your colleagues regardless of where you are. It is also very easy to hand off a phone call in progress from one device to another and not get disconnected. The text chat works well and includes emojis.

What do you dislike?

The reliability hasn't been there 100% of the time. There have been multiple instances when colleagues had issues connecting to conference calls. There have been a few instances where the service went down due to the main server that runs 8x8 was down. Text chat doesn't have the ability to send photos/files yet (at least for me).

Recommendations to others considering the product

8x8 makes it easy to hold virtual meetings and conference calls. Integrated messaging makes it easy to contact colleagues as long as they are connected to the service regardless of where they are or what device they are using.

8x8 is providing a phone system that integrates 3 separate sites into one common internal phone system to easily dial a colleague in another state or another country.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"Work from anywhere with 8x8"

What do you like best?

Easy to switch from mobile app to desk phone (I use a Polycom VVX 401), and even to desktop app while travelling. Work from everywhere and stay in touch with clients as well as workplace proximity associates.

What do you dislike?

A HUGE benefit would be allowing SMS/text messages to an existing 800 number (already owned on the account), or a way to setup a short code that can route to an email address. We use Zendesk - I will need to setup a brand new number (and list both on our website) just to receive texts.

Communication across multiple locations - our manufacturing staff have trouble communicating with themselves, much less with our business office. 8x8 helps them connect, and lessens the excuses.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"8x8 is great... when it works"

What do you like best?

The software does exactly what it needs to, but sometimes they have technical issues that get in the way of day to day business. When you are working with VOIP software, you can't have an outage every day and expect to maintain business. The call quality is very clear and we haven't had any issues with them working with our desk phones either.

What do you dislike?

The technical issues mentioned above. Their technical support is also very difficult to get ahold of, and often they are unable to decipher the problem in a quick and timely manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are pricey as you scale up. There are other companies out there that can do the same thing for cheaper.

8x8 does help us to keep track of everyone that is calling us, and make sure that we get back to them in a timely manner. Being able to communicate with your customers remotely is a huge benefit.

8x8 Virtual Office review by J. Jeffrey H.
J. Jeffrey H.

"Good Small Business Phone Service"

What do you like best?

8x8 provides fairly seamless VoIP phone service for my law office. It is generally simple and provides good quality of the calls,

What do you dislike?

I tried unsuccessfully to use their service for a Fax line and it was disappointing. I had to go back to the old landline provider for that line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't move your fax line over to it without being sure it will operate effectively. Otherwise, has been a good system for us

Good voicemail service, remote access, simple predictable billing, dependable quality of calls most of the time

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"Good for small businesses, but not great."

What do you like best?

8x8 offers an app so employees can seamlessly transition from working at their desks to working remotely. Their app and system are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

8x8's customer support is lackluster. They often seem to barely understand their own programs, and provide scripted responses rather than working with the customer to evaluate the situation. We have encountered a few bugs with their systems, and getting those addressed by CS is a headache every time.

We are transitioning some employees to 50% remote work, so 8x8 has been useful in making that goal a reality. Their price point is good for our small business, and a fair value. If we were a larger business, though, we would likely switch.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Good system at a good price"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can have my fax and phone, and as many phones as I want to add to one system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system goes down or my desktop disconnects from the system which means I have to reboot and sometimes call customer service to trouble shoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make all of the features a little easier to use. If you use rarely use the features, then it is hard to figure out how it works.

I work from home and am often on another line or out of my office. I love that I can have the call forward to my cell, so I can answer from anywhere. Also I can talk over my computer if I want to answer from my desktop app.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Aaron F.
Aaron F.

"Perfect VoIP"

What do you like best?

Management, I am able to forward phones, edit connections, routing, messages, presence, just everything from my desktop app or phone.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at all, everything works as it should and I am always excited to see new improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the future, 8x8 is better than the competition, ease of use, peace of mind and superb support. You can't go wrong.

We are able to present a cohesive front to the world despite being spread out regionally, our clients reach a tech in 2 rings or less!

8x8 Virtual Office review by Walt C.
Walt C.

"8x8 is an outstanding product"

What do you like best?

The customer service was very helpful when getting set up initially and has continued to be helpful when needed. I have not had to use the customer service often, but they have remained helpful when needed.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, while not impossible to move around, has a bit of an outdated appearance and can be clunky at times. After several months in the system, it is not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to use, comes with good customer support and is affordable.

As a small business, it is important to keep our costs down. 8x8 has allowed us to utilize a full fledge phone system but at an affordable cost.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Don S.
Don S.

"It's OK"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to navigate through and figure out.

What do you dislike?

In the process of signing up, the salesperson never told me I was signing up for a one year contract. I just wish the salesperson would go through and make sure I know what I'm signing up for. I was left with a bad taste that this company is more about sales, sales, sales...the whole concept of profit over people. The app would log me off so often so I just left it off until my one year was up. I just didn't see much added value that surpasses all the free services out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps there's better vendors out there...

Never communicated exactly what all I'm signing up for up front.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Horrible Service and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I like that you can perform phone calls on the service most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I took ownership of a business back in 2016 and was easily able to add my business bank onto the account but was never notified that the banking info did not match with ANY names listed on the account and was never able to transfer ownership. Its 2 years later and the service stopped working at my business, so I call to get assistance and I cannot crack the "passphrase" or any of the names that could be on the account to get ANY sort of help. I immediately switched to Spectrum because I needed a working phone in my business immediately! Spectrum is up and running really well, so I call 8 x 8 to cancel and I again, cannot crack a code to cancel.. So I fill out their transfer of ownership form (which they send me a sample of and I had to re-create the form on my own word doc (lol so professional)) and sent it in and still SOMEHOW the account will not transfer over to my name. I called numerous times, spoke to Skyy and she told me a supervisor would call me in 24-48 hours and no one called me. At this point Im not surprised, but I call again and they're solution is for me is to cancel the charge with my bank account. This is honestly the worst company in the history of phone companies I've ever worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Billing department and accessing the account I am paying for needs to be re-organized.

None, unfortunately it created many many many problems and headaches.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Kyle P.
Kyle P.

"Superior Customer Service/Support"

What do you like best?

8x8 has exceptional customer support. I’m not technical savvy in relation to computers and they were extremely patient with my questions and lack of technical speak. The pricing is very competitive as well.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, I don’t have any dislikes to report. My service has been running smoothly.

As a small business owner I utilize this service to enhance communication with my employees and the customers we serve.

8x8 Virtual Office review by John  B.
John B.

"8x8 is A-maaaaa-zing!"

What do you like best?

We paid for the system in savings over about 6 months and have had absolutely no problems with it once we got it set up.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. All of the issues are basically on our side ... not knowing all of the system's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very stable technology and excellent customer support, even for non-techy people.

Saved a ton of time and money with online meetings and 800 number access.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Click to dial time saver "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the click to dial feature as well as being able to text candidates quickly through my laptop. Also, I enjoy being able to see who is calling my office phone when it pops up on my laptop. The ease of getting voicemail in my email is great as well

What do you dislike?

I have had to reset the software a few times and it also seemed difficult to reset password

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very easy to use and will make you more efficient during your work day

The software in general is a big time saver. I can respond to people calling me via text while on the phone with another candidate. This tool makes you much more efficient

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Computer Software

"Best Virtual Phone service I have ever used"

What do you like best?

The fact that that it just works. The option to seamlessly switch between my real phone my virtual phone on computer and my cell phone. Phone call quality is excellent even on low bandwidth internet. Canadian local numbers let me travel and work from a small island and clients never know I'm not in Canada.

What do you dislike?

Could be better price for one line but quality is more important as I run a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be very happy that you went for this option. Get the phone box as well so you can connect into a real phone. Computers crash so you want to use a real phone and headset if you make calls all day.

One number for clients and no matter where I work calls come directly to me.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Brianna K.
Brianna K.

"8x8 is okay "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to message people within my company.

What do you dislike?

we’ve had plenty of issues with this product. My personal desktop application won’t make outbound phone calls. Other users phone just won’t ring even when they’re in the calling group. We’ve had a lot of problems with no real complete solutions.

Quick response times within the office. A lot quicker than emailing.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Crashed during important calls frequently"

What do you like best?

The integration with Outlook was helpful. With just a click I was able to add a meeting link to a calendar invite from a reply email to a prospect.

Making phone calls internally was easy. The txt feature to prospects was cool too.

What do you dislike?

Ut crashed all the time while in the middle of a video conference. The phone calls dropped and had trouble connecting frequently too. The Salesforce integration was new, but didnt work most of the time.

Customer service was almost non responsive. It's a shame. The UI was nice and it was pretty easy to use but it was so buggy that it's impossible for me to recommend. If the customer service was better I'd say it might be worth it to see if things have changed.

Video conferencing, dialer, internal messaging.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Paula S.
Paula S.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Virtual office allows us to conduct business even when we can't get to our office due to severe weather.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the settings could be made easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the youtube videos that are available for support. They help.

Many people like to receive text messages instead of voicemail. If I need to be away from the office, my staff can still transfer calls to me as though I was right in the office.

"Logistics"

What do you like best?

the flexibility of the Virtual Office is perfect for my business

What do you dislike?

The ability to join caller to a conference call...it is very cumbersome process, my old system was as simple as place on call on hold, place the second call on hold and then hit the conference button...our phone system just doesn't do that...I have called and called and no one really understands how to make this happen for us....so we just make do

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product

Its given me 24/7 access and the ability for me to be at my desk all the time! TCB....Taking Care of Business!

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"8x8 could use a remake"

What do you like best?

I like that they have a really good call forwarding option. We do a lot of calling as a part of our company and it integrates really well with our platform that we use to track clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that this is a separate system from our platform and our internal communication system. It is just more difficult and less productive when you're dealing with multiple different programs. Their display is really old school, they could probably work on the design and visual element to make the program more attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you are able to integrate this well or it will just be another program you're adding to the list of programs you are already working with. I also think they should vet multiple other options and make sure this is the right fit for them. While it is a relatively simple application, it can be tedious at times and doesn't run as smooth as posible.

It is helping us call our clients and track our calls, one feature that I really enjoy is that we are able to save our calls and listen to them back again in case you missed a section or someone wasn't available for the phone call.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Brett H.
Brett H.

"No looking back after poor local phone service."

What do you like best?

Vast amount of options. If power is out, I can still answer the phone on my cell phone. This has only happened once or twice in 3-5 years.

What do you dislike?

Chat support could be faster and easier to access. Technology upgrade improvements could be communicated better through email notifications.

Multi line phone system. Savings of tremendous amounts of waste.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Josh R.
Josh R.

"8x8 makes it easy to manage and grow our business"

What do you like best?

The 8x8 system is easy to setup, easy to manage and provides a range of options to manage, monitor and grow business without the hassle of a traditional phone system.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was a little better but exporting data does accomplish the reporting that we need.

8x8 has removed the hassle of messing with servers, phones, activations, etc. When i bring on new employees, they send me a new phone and its up and running in minutes.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Terisa G.
Terisa G.

"There are a lot of great features but I am not sure how to use them all."

What do you like best?

The service has been very reliable. I also like the virtual office where I can see all incoming missed phone calls at a glance. I also like that all the faxes are sent to all users and are already in electronic format with no need for me to scan them again.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't figure out how to take advantage of many of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect too much out of the features because they are difficult to figure out how to install into the phone system.

We no longer need a receptionist and calls are routed directly. It saves me a lot of time because I am not answering unnecessary phone calls.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Sean H.
Sean H.

"Good product at a decent price"

What do you like best?

I like all of the bells and whistles the system has.

What do you dislike?

Some of the difficulties there is to some of the functions. The fact that it sends out a different NON LOCAL number from the main office number.

The fact that I can receive many phone calls at one time with the ability of placing them on hold and sending them too other phones.

Learn more about 8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office Videos

Learning about 8x8 Virtual Office?

* We monitor all 8x8 Virtual Office reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.