8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 delivers the latest in reliable cloud based technology for all of your business phone service needs.

Work for 8x8 Virtual Office?

Learning about 8x8 Virtual Office?

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

Ask 8x8 Virtual Office a Question
Showing 86 8x8 Virtual Office reviews
8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Chad F.</span>
Chad F.

"Sub Par Service and Features"

What do you like best?

That’s it’s VOIP integrated. Convenient. Cons- you took away my ability to fax documents via cell phone on the 8X8 app. This was the biggest most valuable feature we had and is vital in our company management and daily operations from remote locations. I’d like it back or find someone who can provide that service.

What do you dislike?

Took away fax capability. My #1 reason for becoming a customer in the first place. My employees can no longer send faxes remotely from their phone. This was especially helpful since 95% of all our jobs are located in extremely remote areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

All calls, e-mails, and faxes are received at the same location despite where you may be.

You NO LONGER have the ability to upload attachments/documents and fax them from your 8X8 app or Remote Desktop on your computer. Almost a deal breaker considering we had the ability to do so for years and they took it away and increased monthly pricing. LESS VALUE, INCREASED COSTS

Convenience of answering the phone no matter the location. received Email/fax all go to the same place. I’ve been a customer since 2012. When I first came on board, we could send faxes remotely. This was a huge advantage and was 90% the reason why I joined 8X8. Our technicians could take care of business and fax paperwork anywhere at anytime. We never had a single issue with sending fax. Shortly after, you took that feature away. I have expressed my discontent and have been told repeatedly fax capability will return with your next update. Well, that been over a year. It still makes me sick to know the #1 capability was taken away and you increase monthly prices since then.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 8x8 Virtual Office
8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Brandon S.</span>
Brandon S.

"Problem solving "

What do you like best?

8x8 has given me to cross platform my communications. I have a desk phone, Windows laptop, android phone and an IPad. No matter what device I am using I can share the data and answer calls. Allowing for notifications for voicemail, faxes and SMS on all devices for priority information does not slip through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

Set up and making changes to the profile and services is not a straight forward as it could be. You can only send SMS from the main number not other extensions. Web conference does not allow remote computer to take over a presentation and control the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a a good stable internet connection. Understand that the cell phone of other data is not always a good connection.

The ability to easily add and/or subtract team members from the system. Also the cost to bring in a land line was prohibitive. The ability to work anywhere I have three location that i work out of and having the continuity with the system is key

What VoIP solution do you use?

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>George B.</span>
George B.

"A Good Service Though Pricey for a Small Business is High"

What do you like best?

I like the Virtual Office soft-phone and the integration with browsers and MS Office, especially Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Cost is high. I have a fairly powerful PC but I am getting frequent warnings that I have too many apps open and it is affecting Virtual Offices performance. It is difficult to have a professionally voiced greeting installed and changed for voice mail. The user interface for setting up and using the auto-attendant and time of day functions is unintelligible and essentially unusable. I have worked in telephony on Avaya , Mitel, and other systems; 8x8 is, by far, the worst I have ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what you want and read carefully the guides (especially for the auto attedant as 8x8's software is not intuitive to use.

The simultaneous ringing of my office and cell phone allows me to have near constant availability.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great for multinational companies"

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly and affordably contact my colleagues from any of our offices around the world. I also like that I can take my office phone with my on the go through 8x8's mobile app.

What do you dislike?

We had quite a challenge getting the system set up. It took several tries to get 8x8 to stop routing our calls through an international server.

Also, the video conferencing tool is all but useless. The system can't handle multiple videos at one time. The phone also crashes from time to time like any other software program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If setting up the system in multiple countries, make sure they're routing your calls out of the correct regions.

We're solving the problem of connecting colleagues all around the world without paying crazy international calling fees. We're able to efficiently and affordably connect all of our employees.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Mufti Jamil A.</span>
Mufti Jamil A.

"My Experiences With 8X8"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and both the cell phone application and desktop application are simple, easy to use and straight forward. Being able to send faxes via the web/pc with no restrictions is a great service.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is a bit high and cell phone application connection can be unstable once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for internet faxing and receiving faxes via email. The phone set up is easy and very straight forward. There really are not any bugs that I have encountered.

My use is primarily to deal with my clients and vendors. It has a call directory service so all call can be directed to the right individuals. Voicemails and Faxes are sent via email updates also which is helpful in keeping in contact with clients and other business contacts.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Marc K.</span>
Marc K.

"Quick and Simple"

What do you like best?

Timely and efficient assistance! Ordering new lines is a very simple process. And on the singular occasion we had an 8x8-related technical issue, their support was able to walk me through the exact steps to fix it. I'm not a luddite, but I'm not IT either - it was simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing of note. It is not the cheapest service available, but they keep their pricing relatively fair and are willing to work with clients to maintain competitive pricing.

8x8 is our primary phone vendor -- tremendously easier than working with traditional phone providers. Issues with billing, new services, et cetera are always handled rapidly and efficiently. I called today to discuss inconsistencies in my rates - Katie and the enterprise sales teams were fantastic and solved all my concerns in under 30 minutes.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Jon B.</span>
Jon B.

"Customer Service is a Joke."

What do you like best?

I liked the Virtual Office. It helped with the keeping the phones lines covered.

What do you dislike?

I have been a customer since 2000. We have had 4 different accounts numbers with them. But quality changed last year. One representative will say one thing then the next will say it never was documented and refuse to assist saying that the call has become "unproductive". @Jeremy Carroll is the supervisor who agreed with each point I made about how they did not follow their own procedures but would not help with the billing error. Bad Bad Bad. There is lots of other providers available. Stay away. It was a small amount but every penny counts when you are a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Move on. They will find that what ever is the problem you can spend more money to fix it.

After our internet provider upgraded equipment their software would not work any more. They suggested that we buy new cable modems and routers to fix problem. Then when we tried to move to another provider they held the number hostage for another billing period. Never deal with companies who do not care about the customer. Move on.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Will R.</span>
Will R.

"Great service, but lacking in Linux support"

What do you like best?

Call clarity is great, and the newer mobile apps make calling and meeting creation / joining super easy.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a Linux client. Our software shop is ~70% Linux, so the lack of a native client is a bit frustrating. The new beta web-based UI for meetings works well enough but it's limited, feature wise; as time goes on that may solve a lot of our headache, but a native port of the desktop app would still be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it, especially if replacing on-premise systems.

Keeping mobile sales and marketing folks connected wherever they may roam is the biggest, but we've also started using the web conferencing more and more.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Joan K.</span>
Joan K.

"8X8 is a phone system keeps your business open for calls 24x7"

What do you like best?

We only use the 8x8 Virtual Office on our work stations and/or cell phone or Ipad. We can work in the office on wifi, but if it is down the calls go to our cell. If I am out of the office and need to call a client I can open the 8x8 app on my mobile phone and the caller id shows my business number and the call can be recorded. In the insurance business it is necessary for our calls to be secure. 8x8 is HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

We have not found any real problems since we implemented the system.

If there is a weather situation that we can not get to the office we can take all our calls from home on our computer or on our mobile phone.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Beware of the bait and switch"

What do you like best?

Phone service itself was good, some features ok

What do you dislike?

Customer service is terrible! I have been switched to 5 sales reps in less then years. Everytime you need to add a line, you had to speak to your rep. I sometimes waited two weeks for service requests to be added. Now the latest scam is they have increased their pricing even though I was supposed to be locked in for 3 years. They said they have the right to change it. Hmmm what is the point of signing a 3 year agreement then? Very disappointed. When setting up my system initially, I had to figure everything out on my own. I called customer service and often they did not know how to help with what I needed. I ended up telling them how to fix it. Completely unacceptable!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away! I used to recommend this company to all of my business associates. In the last year or so, the service has gone completely down hill and they have increased their pricing to more than double on some features. I have a 3 year agreement with them and they basically told me , we can do that. Well, I can change companies. Beware of the bait and switch and know that an agreement means nothing to them.

Office phone system

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"After 2 years with 8x8 I'm still happy!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use the app on my iphone to answer phone calls and it appears as if I'm sitting in my office. It can ring both in my office and on my mobile, or I can set up to ring at office first and then my mobile. Lots of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

I had problems with the app when I had an Android phone. It was not as functional and consistent as my iphone is now. Plus I don't like that I can't tell if an incoming call is personal or business, unless I recognize the caller of course!

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options to be flexible with 8x8 depending on your business needs. However this means that setup and changes may require getting an 8x8 rep on the phone to help. Be patient. They are worth it.

Having a fax! Two area codes so I have local numbers for two regions. All numbers can be flexible to ring at my desk and my mobile.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Mischa P.</span>
Mischa P.

"Professional Presence maginified"

What do you like best?

Having a professional phone system with an automated attendant has been a game changer for our company. I also like the power keys option so that my office manager can field calls when I am unavailable. It is also a great having multiple lines available.

The ease of transfering an existing phone number to the system. It is very hard to have to start new when you've been using the same phone number for years.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike, we have been on the system for about 3 years and have not had any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Loyalty plan.. There seems to be a lot for new clients or only when you add a sservice, and not all services qualify for promotions

As a small office can connect with our clients using the mobile app when we are not physically in the office or working from remote locations. The Auto Attendant has also given our company a more professional presense with the voice system options.

We have enjoyed the physical phones as well as the softphones on the computers. The mobile app has been a great as well.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Sam S.</span>
Sam S.

"Gets the job done, but have had difficulty getting employees to actually make use of it."

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates the virtual fax, visual voicemail, contact directory, with presence. The SSO is very useful with Google.

What do you dislike?

The phone app is not very reliable. Calls don't alway ring through. Wouldn't recommend for phone app features, only desktop use. The user interface is clunky and not intuitive for many people I administrate so they don't end using the app and revert to just their cell phone and desk phone instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it meets all of your needs before switching, not recommended solely for a mobile only environment.

It solves issues with being limited to a traditional desk phone or local PBX. The remote access features for the extension are useful, and it allows the company phone system to easily span multiple locations.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Sara D.</span>
Sara D.

"8X8 for home office"

What do you like best?

Our office is totally virtual, our entire team works from their home. with 8x8, we are all able to access the phone and voicemails as if we were in a physical office. It is user friendly and customer service is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I love the text messaging feature, but when I log out, the conversation history is deleted, and if someone texts the number while I'm logged out, the message is never received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for off-site employees and phone access while out of the office.

The great benefit to us is being able to use a softphone on the computer, so the phone can be answered at the desk, or mobile phone, or laptop if on the go.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Shane O.</span>
Shane O.

"A great alternative to a standard phone system"

What do you like best?

8x8 Virtual Office gives you everything that a standard phone system provides, with the additional benefit of mobility. It's a great alternative to being tied to prior phone technology and not being able to work as effectively away from your desk. You never have to miss those important calls!

What do you dislike?

You do want to make sure that you have a great internet connection, so it helps to be with a provider you can trust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be a great way to "cut the cord" with your old phone provider and to take your business into the 21st century.

8x8 Virtual Office allows you to check work voicemail or answer business calls from anywhere.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>J. Jeffrey H.</span>
J. Jeffrey H.

"Good Small Business Phone Service"

What do you like best?

8x8 provides fairly seamless VoIP phone service for my law office. It is generally simple and provides good quality of the calls,

What do you dislike?

I tried unsuccessfully to use their service for a Fax line and it was disappointing. I had to go back to the old landline provider for that line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't move your fax line over to it without being sure it will operate effectively. Otherwise, has been a good system for us

Good voicemail service, remote access, simple predictable billing, dependable quality of calls most of the time

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"Good for small businesses, but not great."

What do you like best?

8x8 offers an app so employees can seamlessly transition from working at their desks to working remotely. Their app and system are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

8x8's customer support is lackluster. They often seem to barely understand their own programs, and provide scripted responses rather than working with the customer to evaluate the situation. We have encountered a few bugs with their systems, and getting those addressed by CS is a headache every time.

We are transitioning some employees to 50% remote work, so 8x8 has been useful in making that goal a reality. Their price point is good for our small business, and a fair value. If we were a larger business, though, we would likely switch.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Good system at a good price"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can have my fax and phone, and as many phones as I want to add to one system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system goes down or my desktop disconnects from the system which means I have to reboot and sometimes call customer service to trouble shoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make all of the features a little easier to use. If you use rarely use the features, then it is hard to figure out how it works.

I work from home and am often on another line or out of my office. I love that I can have the call forward to my cell, so I can answer from anywhere. Also I can talk over my computer if I want to answer from my desktop app.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Aaron F.</span>
Aaron F.

"Perfect VoIP"

What do you like best?

Management, I am able to forward phones, edit connections, routing, messages, presence, just everything from my desktop app or phone.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike at all, everything works as it should and I am always excited to see new improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the future, 8x8 is better than the competition, ease of use, peace of mind and superb support. You can't go wrong.

We are able to present a cohesive front to the world despite being spread out regionally, our clients reach a tech in 2 rings or less!

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Don S.</span>
Don S.

"It's OK"

What do you like best?

The user interface is easy to navigate through and figure out.

What do you dislike?

In the process of signing up, the salesperson never told me I was signing up for a one year contract. I just wish the salesperson would go through and make sure I know what I'm signing up for. I was left with a bad taste that this company is more about sales, sales, sales...the whole concept of profit over people. The app would log me off so often so I just left it off until my one year was up. I just didn't see much added value that surpasses all the free services out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perhaps there's better vendors out there...

Never communicated exactly what all I'm signing up for up front.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Horrible Service and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

I like that you can perform phone calls on the service most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I took ownership of a business back in 2016 and was easily able to add my business bank onto the account but was never notified that the banking info did not match with ANY names listed on the account and was never able to transfer ownership. Its 2 years later and the service stopped working at my business, so I call to get assistance and I cannot crack the "passphrase" or any of the names that could be on the account to get ANY sort of help. I immediately switched to Spectrum because I needed a working phone in my business immediately! Spectrum is up and running really well, so I call 8 x 8 to cancel and I again, cannot crack a code to cancel.. So I fill out their transfer of ownership form (which they send me a sample of and I had to re-create the form on my own word doc (lol so professional)) and sent it in and still SOMEHOW the account will not transfer over to my name. I called numerous times, spoke to Skyy and she told me a supervisor would call me in 24-48 hours and no one called me. At this point Im not surprised, but I call again and they're solution is for me is to cancel the charge with my bank account. This is honestly the worst company in the history of phone companies I've ever worked with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Billing department and accessing the account I am paying for needs to be re-organized.

None, unfortunately it created many many many problems and headaches.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>John  B.</span>
John B.

"8x8 Rocks"

What do you like best?

We've saved so much money and time with our total VOIP solution from 8x8 compared to our old phone system. Top things: Ease of operation/configuration great flexibility.

What do you dislike?

We've not encountered anything yet. So far, everything is working better than we expected and any issues are basically on our side ... not knowing all of the system's capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very stable technology and excellent customer support, even for non-techy people.

Saved a ton of time and money with online meetings and 800 number access.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Click to dial time saver "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the click to dial feature as well as being able to text candidates quickly through my laptop. Also, I enjoy being able to see who is calling my office phone when it pops up on my laptop. The ease of getting voicemail in my email is great as well

What do you dislike?

I have had to reset the software a few times and it also seemed difficult to reset password

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very easy to use and will make you more efficient during your work day

The software in general is a big time saver. I can respond to people calling me via text while on the phone with another candidate. This tool makes you much more efficient

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Computer Software

"Best Virtual Phone service I have ever used"

What do you like best?

The fact that that it just works. The option to seamlessly switch between my real phone my virtual phone on computer and my cell phone. Phone call quality is excellent even on low bandwidth internet. Canadian local numbers let me travel and work from a small island and clients never know I'm not in Canada.

What do you dislike?

Could be better price for one line but quality is more important as I run a business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be very happy that you went for this option. Get the phone box as well so you can connect into a real phone. Computers crash so you want to use a real phone and headset if you make calls all day.

One number for clients and no matter where I work calls come directly to me.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Paula S.</span>
Paula S.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

Virtual office allows us to conduct business even when we can't get to our office due to severe weather.

What do you dislike?

Figuring out the settings could be made easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the youtube videos that are available for support. They help.

Many people like to receive text messages instead of voicemail. If I need to be away from the office, my staff can still transfer calls to me as though I was right in the office.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"8x8 could use a remake"

What do you like best?

I like that they have a really good call forwarding option. We do a lot of calling as a part of our company and it integrates really well with our platform that we use to track clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that this is a separate system from our platform and our internal communication system. It is just more difficult and less productive when you're dealing with multiple different programs. Their display is really old school, they could probably work on the design and visual element to make the program more attractive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you are able to integrate this well or it will just be another program you're adding to the list of programs you are already working with. I also think they should vet multiple other options and make sure this is the right fit for them. While it is a relatively simple application, it can be tedious at times and doesn't run as smooth as posible.

It is helping us call our clients and track our calls, one feature that I really enjoy is that we are able to save our calls and listen to them back again in case you missed a section or someone wasn't available for the phone call.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Josh R.</span>
Josh R.

"8x8 makes it easy to manage and grow our business"

What do you like best?

The 8x8 system is easy to setup, easy to manage and provides a range of options to manage, monitor and grow business without the hassle of a traditional phone system.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting was a little better but exporting data does accomplish the reporting that we need.

8x8 has removed the hassle of messing with servers, phones, activations, etc. When i bring on new employees, they send me a new phone and its up and running in minutes.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Terisa G.</span>
Terisa G.

"There are a lot of great features but I am not sure how to use them all."

What do you like best?

The service has been very reliable. I also like the virtual office where I can see all incoming missed phone calls at a glance. I also like that all the faxes are sent to all users and are already in electronic format with no need for me to scan them again.

What do you dislike?

The fact that I can't figure out how to take advantage of many of the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect too much out of the features because they are difficult to figure out how to install into the phone system.

We no longer need a receptionist and calls are routed directly. It saves me a lot of time because I am not answering unnecessary phone calls.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Sean H.</span>
Sean H.

"Good product at a decent price"

What do you like best?

I like all of the bells and whistles the system has.

What do you dislike?

Some of the difficulties there is to some of the functions. The fact that it sends out a different NON LOCAL number from the main office number.

The fact that I can receive many phone calls at one time with the ability of placing them on hold and sending them too other phones.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Richard K.</span>
Richard K.

"8 x 8 Voip App & Service"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of 8 x 8 is their mobile app. I forward all my business calls to the app and that way I get calls when I am out of the office or even with clients and not at the front desk. It help run an efficient office with less staff support.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that it takes a fair amount of time, effort & learning to use the entire system.

The system provides more flexibility of features and call management. I have been able to operate a medical office without a dedicated person to answer calls.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Andrew E.</span>
Andrew E.

"8x8 Is a great resource for our organization"

What do you like best?

Our organization has been using 8x8 for about four years now our experience with them has been great. We really appriciate being able to access our account online and having full control over each account. We are also able to set up “hold music” of our choice which is great when our customers call and we are mkt are able to speak to them right away.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind right now. Great oranization and product.

Our staff really likes the ability to take calls from home using our 8x8 account when we are unable to be in the office.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Robbie M.</span>
Robbie M.

"Perfect phone system"

What do you like best?

Its nice having a phone system in the cloud, I can take the phone with me and it works just like being in the office,

What do you dislike?

Not easy to make changes to auto attendant

we dont't need a phone server in the office and works with any internet connection. Also the ability to add conference calls or ring groups as needed is very handy

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Great platform"

What do you like best?

8x8 allows my medical practice to be mobile, so I can see patients virtually (on the phone), text them using my office number if I need to; and having a great application to use when I am out of the office without giving away my personal phone number. The fact that I can get voice mails as an e-mail prevents me from losing calls not attendend, or mistakenly erased from the hardware. I do believe the price point is great, especially if you are a small business trying to control overhead. I have recommended 8x8 to other solo physicians.

What do you dislike?

I am on the East Coast, therefore time zones difference makes it difficult to obtain Customer service at times when I can't. The initial set up is difficult to get, especially if done by yourself. I definitely ecommend help when handling it. If changing the set up to an Attendant, it can be triky and challenging , having to call Customer Service more than once , which can take a chunk of your working time (especially if working as a solo-solo physician). Time management/ dealing with customer service in a timely manner is a must!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must make sure Time zones won't affect receipt of Customer Service. As they don't have a dedicated Customer service e-mail, issues can take longer than expected on the phone.

I have been able to offer patient care even from home by doing virtual phone visits.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Linda C.</span>
Linda C.

"Dependable and Versatile"

What do you like best?

8x8 is robust and flexible, allowing our small company to make frequent changes seamlessly. It was also the only VOiP company that was HIPAA compliant and would sign a BAA.

What do you dislike?

So far there is nothing I dislike about 8x8!

We are able to easily manage extensions within the office. I love the reporting feature, allowing me to track the number of incoming calls daily, as well as keep an eye on outgoing calls.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Ivan R.</span>
Ivan R.

"The app is great, however 8x8 has issues too often"

What do you like best?

the flexibility of being able to make and receive call son your desk phone, on your computer or the app on your phone.

What do you dislike?

8x8 issues. The desktop app is down a lot.

we have many staff members that work from home all over the US and 8x8 provides a simple user provisioning process. If we had an in-house VOIP system the provisioning process would be a lot more complicated.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Gloria B.</span>
Gloria B.

"Innovative Technology"

What do you like best?

The ability to answer calls coming in to different phone numbers and transfer to whomever they are for, as well as having scripts pop up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the customer support wait time is too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer the switchboard if you have that option, but it's ok.

We can manage many different phone lines. We can add new clients in fairly easily.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Andy B.</span>
Andy B.

"8x8 Virtual Office"

What do you like best?

Simple application, contains Chat, Phone Calls and Video Conferencing Service in one product.

What do you dislike?

There have been some bugs identified, although I will give them credit for quick fixes to the high priority bug fixes.

There will be huge long term cost savings to using one application for all communication services at our company.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>David B.</span>
David B.

"Garbage"

What do you like best?

Nothing at all. Customer service is a joke

What do you dislike?

I cancelled my account in August 2017. They continued to try to charge my card. I had to file a dispute with PayPal and it was resolved in my favor 10/17/2017. They charged my card again in Feb 2018. I called customer service they said that I didn't cancel my account properly and wouldn't issue a refund.

As a disabled veteran I am on a very limited budget. I was totally disgusted by the way this GARBAGE company treats people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away

Phone services

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Better than other products on the market "

What do you like best?

Our company switched from DialPad to 8x8 and the difference in call quality is unbelievably better. No more lagging or dropped calls. The interface is more user-friendly and easily navigable for employees that aren’t tech-savvy.

What do you dislike?

The call quality is low in poor reception areas where one has to use cellular data. Selfishly, I wish there was better hold music.

We have a company with everyone on a virtual office or in the field. It gives an easy way to direct calls and have the appearance of not being a virtual company.

"Simple and reliable"

What do you like best?

8x8 works great for my team. It’s easy to use and rarely has issues. It has a good feature set that does everything you’d ask of it as a user.

What do you dislike?

The settings navigation could be cleaned up to make advanced options more easy to work with when needed. Call quality over WiFi could also be improved though some of it may simply be due to slight gaps in the wireless signal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If WiFi calling is to be used regularly, ensure a strong WiFi signal is present throughout office and that network speed supports necessary bandwidth for quality phone audio.

8x8 allows a consistent, cross-platform and device experience that allows users to effectively manage calls and voicemails. It helps users to be readily available as needed since the mobile app is so simple.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Marybeth D.</span>
Marybeth D.

"Useful tool for small organizations"

What do you like best?

I love that I can receive office phone calls on my cell phone! Work has become increasingly convenient because of 8x8.

What do you dislike?

On occasion, service is less-than-ideal (especially if my wifi is being finicky!). Unfortunately, I've accidentally been disconnected from clients during calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your work mobile with 8x8 - this is a quick, easy option for users!

As the only full-time staff person for my association, 8x8 boosts our level of professionalism with the virtual assistant functionality. People call us, and they have menu options, thorough messages with instructions for leaving their information, and the phone never rings without a response.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator

"Work from anywhere with 8x8"

What do you like best?

Easy to switch from mobile app to desk phone (I use a Polycom VVX 401), and even to desktop app while travelling. Work from everywhere and stay in touch with clients as well as workplace proximity associates.

What do you dislike?

A HUGE benefit would be allowing SMS/text messages to an existing 800 number (already owned on the account), or a way to setup a short code that can route to an email address. We use Zendesk - I will need to setup a brand new number (and list both on our website) just to receive texts.

Communication across multiple locations - our manufacturing staff have trouble communicating with themselves, much less with our business office. 8x8 helps them connect, and lessens the excuses.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Frederick L.</span>
Frederick L.

"Glad I made the switch"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Helpful tech support. Feature rich programming

What do you dislike?

Set up was not as painless as advertised. Required some equipment updates and sound quality was initially poor but that was a function of the equipment (router, switch) needing upgrading

Ability to individualize voice mails. Auto attendant capabilities and multiple office capabilities.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Pat C.</span>
Pat C.

"8 x 8 Virtual Office"

What do you like best?

The app for iPhone and PC makes 8x8 a simple solution to use

What do you dislike?

Meetings don't save to outside calendars. Must Cut and paste

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virtual is a great product - Easy to implement and use

Never miss a call with iPhone app. Plus it accesses contacts from iPhone Contacts

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Laura B.</span>
Laura B.

"Efficient Software Phone System"

What do you like best?

Maintains solid connection, does not drop easily like other cloud-based voice services

What do you dislike?

Interface and automation is rather limited in customization options, best if you prefer default settings

Connecting a global support team in a single call queue to immediately answer questions when available

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Thao T.</span>
Thao T.

"8x8 Review"

What do you like best?

Great for businesses or companies. Can be used virtually on computer or connect with phone. Able to sync and create report. It also records the call so you can track/monitor the calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a lag time but other than that not much problem have occurred.

Company wide telephone/communication. Can pull reports of your call log, see incoming and out coming calls. Great for customer service department where it can trace the call, put it on hold , etc.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"Convenient and easy to use"

What do you like best?

The best part of 8x8 Virtual Office is being able to use it wherever I am located, especially to send and receive faxes on the go with a HIPAA-compliant product.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the call quality is poor, which can be dependent on one's Internet connection.

It's important that I can still answer calls, receive messages, and receive faxes if I need to whenever I'm not at the office or out of town. Virtual office allows me to do this.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Works well for call recording"

What do you like best?

I like that i can record calls easily and save them as files to review at a later time.

What do you dislike?

The phone app could be a lot better as it seems to drop out every once in a while which can be problematic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it only if you are looking for basic call functions.

The ability to be able to forward calls to my cell phone when needed and view the entire company directory easily are great.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Greatest Choice Ever"

What do you like best?

We switched from on old fashion analog system to 8x8 and couldn't be happier with the switch!

What do you dislike?

Obviously price could always be free but I love everything about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a phone system that does everything you want it to, look no further.

Our internet service has a habit of going out in our building. With the mobile app it allows us to still in get touch with our customers!

"I use 8x8 Daily"

What do you like best?

With the most recent update I love that it shows the name of the client calling. This is great because I am able to pull up info before answering.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to receive messages that were sent while I was logged out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Show texts while logged out of 8x8

I am able to have my own line seperate from the other admin. This is great because we can all take calls!

"Solid phone system"

What do you like best?

What I like best about 8x8 is the ability to speak to my customers anywhere I'm located while it appears to them that I am in the office.

What do you dislike?

I wish voicemails could be transcribed and different ring groups could have different ring tones

8x8 allows us to transfer calls, have ring groups, have different voice mail messages and allows us to work virtually

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Rollyn T.</span>
Rollyn T.

" 8x8 good and bad"

What do you like best?

Volume helps

What do you dislike?

I have had several file freezes. The freezes last for days. And the notices show up on the lower right corner of my screen. That blocks other software indicating a command feature such as "execute"/

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep a gummed label with the customer service info. If you system freezes, it's tough to find their numbers.

I am using it as a cost reduction to land line telephone service.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Debbie M.</span>
Debbie M.

"We have been using 8x8 for 10+ years and have been very happy"

What do you like best?

The phone system and auto attendant for our small business

What do you dislike?

I think it might be a little more expensive than some of these type of phone services, but I haven't really checked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good VOIP phone system. I think it can do a lot of things that we don't use it for.

We can have a central phone number and each person can have their own extension.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Jeffrey Dung L.</span>
Jeffrey Dung L.

"8x8 customer feedback"

What do you like best?

Support team is professional. Quick respond.

What do you dislike?

Phone reception quality. After sale services, very difficult to reach back our sale rep.

Issue with local VOIP provider.

8x8 VOIP response to our need.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Jessica V.</span>
Jessica V.

"Too many dropped calls"

What do you like best?

I love being able to access the 8x8 app from my phone. The entire staff at my company works remotely so it's extremely helpful when we want to stay connected to our clients.

What do you dislike?

The call quality isn't the best, and we experience too many dropped calls. The status button also randomly switches to red, or "unavailable"

Ease of communication with members now that we've gone to a telecommuting format.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Jenna B.</span>
Jenna B.

"8x8 has been wonderful for our company!"

What do you like best?

I love that when I am on the road I can get calls anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get logged out and it will take a while to get back into the system.

Being a Marketing Director I am on the road a lot so I need 8x8 to keep in touch with my members and customers as well as potential clients. I like that I do not have to use my own phone number just for privacy sake.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Carlos E. A.</span>
Carlos E. A.

"Experience"

What do you like best?

Being able to place calls without using my personal phone number

What do you dislike?

System logs me off every couple of weeks

Communication with prospects is easy when there's such a clear line of mutual communication

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>.</span>

"Great tool for small office "

What do you like best?

Calls come to office, cell and computer.

What do you dislike?

I can’t read the voicemail transcription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the desk phone

I am easily accessible and can manage my office efficiently.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Meets our needs"

What do you like best?

easy to set up and move phone around to different locations if traveling. gives us a local office feel even though we have remote employees.

What do you dislike?

a bit expensive. New phones are a bit more confusing in terms of how to transfer calls and conference in callers. A bit confusing to change setting and profile information in the account manager.

customer service across various time-zones. auto-attendant for holidays and other occasions has been helpful.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Melissa W.</span>
Melissa W.

"Gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

I like that there's an app along with it. Ability to upload profile picture is also helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had the same feature as Jabber where their online status would show in the email To field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Ease of communication across multiple offices.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Katherine G.</span>
Katherine G.

"Great dialer "

What do you like best?

The ease of use. It integrates seamlessly with our software.

What do you dislike?

I can’t really say there’s anything I dislike.

Voice dialing quickly for high volume sales calls.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Todd F.</span>
Todd F.

"Some Nice Features"

What do you like best?

No longer have to use a landline. Can make call from personal cell phone from your VOIP phone number.

What do you dislike?

When using on computer, it is constantly having to reload. You can no longer delete your call lists from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try It

No longer have to use a land line. Voicemail can be automatically sent to emails.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Daniel K.</span>
Daniel K.

"Very transparent solution"

What do you like best?

Ease of reporting and re configuring based on hours of users, holidays, vacations etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much at all honestly, the only thing that may push people is cost but that is not what you should be basing decision on

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look at price alone - examine features

Handle call groups and after hours along with attendant services to keep calls flowing

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Yohel V.</span>
Yohel V.

"The graetes ipphone service"

What do you like best?

An excellent voice quality, calls comes in clear with out any noises. Thier customer service is great always willing to help. When ever there is an issue they will help you.

What do you dislike?

When ever there being an issue they always solve it with what sounds like a smile on their faces

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please get this service is the best

Inbound calls

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good product"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the personalized on hold music. I also love the ability to work from home or on vacay and no one know.

What do you dislike?

starting to get pricey. Constant need to upgrade equipment.. I've only upgraded once, but when I spoke to them TO upgrade, I was advised I was several years overdue and equipment should be upgraded often. UH not at the price for the phones... where is my savings then?

On hold music.

ability to grow into my phone system. I.e virtual office, video conferencing, intercom, etc

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Amazing services and friendly staffs!"

What do you like best?

8X8 has proven to be extremely helpful at all times when I call in for tech support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Everything about 8x8 is perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give 8x8 a try if you haven't yet, it is innovative and the future of communication.

8x8 provides fast services that enable my company to have our telephone back within minutes!

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Katherine R.</span>
Katherine R.

"Love it all!"

What do you like best?

Having the ability to text right from the app on my phone and not having to give out my personal cell is great,

What do you dislike?

Nothing.Everything has been working pretty well for us so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great stuff!

Again I mention the app and use of texting from my cell phone without giving out my personal cell number

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Nia Y.</span>
Nia Y.

"I like it"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the number comes up as an unknown/ private on the customers end.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it runs very slowly and the record options sometimes isn't available

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

We offer other methods of communication but customers at times prefer a phone call and this works pretty well overall.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Computer Software

"8X8 virtual office review"

What do you like best?

I like the app and ease of use on my cell phone when away from the office

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is problematic when we have internet problems.

It is helpful to have everyone on one phone system, even with employees working remotely from various states.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User

"It allows me to answer my calls"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to answer calls and conference in other people

What do you dislike?

It crashes often. My coworkers and I find ourselves restarting the service often

It allows us to answer calls to help our end users

"8X8 Good So Far"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience of calling directly from our computers.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the service going up & above what was agreed upon

The issue of efficiency. We save time by just being able to click & call.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"8x8 VOIP Services"

What do you like best?

lots of flexibility - can customize to meet needs

What do you dislike?

support is mixed - some is great - othertimes a bid difficult

problems solved - less expensive than traditional wired-phones, easy modifications, phone/extensions can be physically moved

8x8 Virtual Office review by Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals
Executive Sponsor in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy and scaleable solution to replace traditional PBX"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and manage. Virtual office and mobile app allow access to the phone system anywhere from any device.

What do you dislike?

Can’t assign international direct dial numbers.

Managing hardware for old phone system. Availability everywhere. Ease of making change s

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Pretty good software!"

What do you like best?

The portability and soft phone features are great! Love the click to dial.

What do you dislike?

The click to dial can be a little glitchy at times as browsers make updates.

This is our primary phone service.

8x8 Virtual Office review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Nice Clean and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Being able to change my settings without having to call someone else.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would implement a texting feature using our main number

Their fax solution is really nice.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Review "

What do you like best?

Ability to use the phone outside of the office, on my cell phone.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes quality is shaky. Inability to import contacts easily

Ability to work remotely

"Needs Work/Validation "

What do you like best?

All of the relevant metrics are updated instantly and are accessible thru MS Outlook panel or click thru link. Customer service is responsive to issues.

What do you dislike?

Does have intermittent breakdowns that can last for a full business day. Does not capture all of the click-thru data whether it's emails opened or links clicked.

Visibility on my opened emails and who is checking out the info links.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Take your office wherever you go "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that i can use my work number wherever I am going

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connection is a little shaky when using the app on my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for internal office communication

Taking calls while traveling, not having to give out my cell phone number, receiving voicemails to my email.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Efficient and realiable "

What do you like best?

I like how easily it integrates with other softwares, our company is using salesfroce and it logs calls for us very easily.

What do you dislike?

The desktop dial pad could be more aesthetically pleasing.

We used to miss voicemails from our clients due to glitches with other services. But with 8x8 we are on top of it.

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

Billing was messed up, slow process, app did not work

What do you dislike?

Everything. Would not recommend. Billings messed up, app did not work consistently. The phone system would not always dial out.

Caused more problems than it solved. Hidden auto-renew on the contract.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Review of 8x8 VOIP"

What do you like best?

Great Flexibility for a small to medium office

What do you dislike?

No problems to think of. cracles occasionally. May be my internet provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a VOIP service that I would recommend highly

The service in very salable for a fast growing business.

8x8 Virtual Office review by Administrator in Maritime
Administrator in Maritime

"8x8 experience"

What do you like best?

The customer service that I get from my sales rep is second to none. Helps with any issues.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing that I dislike with the 8x8 system.

It has consolidated my phone services for my multiple locations.

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Computer Software

"Great Voip"

What do you like best?

I like how theres a mobile app and it syncs well with SFDC

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the audio is a little scratchy, but I can live with it

Sync directly with SFDC to help me log notes

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Financial Services

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

8x8 is fantastic for work communication. I have the app on my iphone as well and love it!

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dont like yet!

Inter Office Communication

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

being able to enter holidays a head of time

What do you dislike?

It's not that I dislike but the voice mail tree can be confusing at times

having calls forwarded after hours

8x8 Virtual Office review by User in Financial Services

"Good Value"

What do you like best?

Good system Good value; easy to setup & use.

What do you dislike?

doesn't integrate w/Chrome or hubspot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

check it out

clear calls

Learn more about 8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office Videos

Learning about 8x8 Virtual Office?

* We monitor all 8x8 Virtual Office reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.