99Designs

99designs is a vibrant online community that connects people who need something designed.

Work for 99Designs?
Skyword review  2x

Learning about 99Designs?

99Designs Reviews

Ask 99Designs a Question
Showing 3 99Designs reviews
99Designs review by <span>Mike A.</span>
Mike A.

Great website for affordable, professional logos

What do you like best?

What I love about 99Designs is how simple and efficient is to run a logo design contest to get the exact logo you are looking for. The interface is extremely easy to use and allows you to comment on various parts of a design to give good feedback to designers. I've also found that their community of designers is very large and diverse which gives you a wide selection of options for your logo contest. I also really like that there is a money back guarantee which means you will always get a logo you're happy with.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like, is that when you archive designs in a contest, how there is an Archive wordmark placed over the designs. Sometimes I want to look back at designs that I have archived to make sure I didn't accidentally archive a design that I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say the one thing that were hesitant about was the cost, but after a couple of contests, I would say that this is non-issue. The cost is definitely worth it, and you'll be glad you went with 99Designs.

We have used 99Designs for two different logos. One logo is for our company and the other is for one of our products. Both times we received a logo that we were very happy with and not something we could have done ourselves. We have felt like the cost was more than worth it for the end product.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about 99Designs
99Designs review by G2 Crowd User in E-Learning
G2 Crowd User in E-Learning

Delivers results but doesn't impress.

What do you like best?

The friendly usability of the platform is the upside of the product. It's extremely straight forward, you can edit your brief details at anytime, and message the entire list of designers working on your contest at once, as well as individually.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the more feedback you provide, the less variety you get in the design options. The designers start copying the designs that you say you like and all designs start looking much like each other because they ultimately want to win the contest so they get paid. This removes the surprise element and I personally think that it defeats the purpose of having multiple designers working on your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an outstanding logo for you brand that will add value and you will be truly happy with, don't choose the lowest level package. I can't confirm that the more expensive options will deliver a much better result but from my personal experience, the lowest level package will deliver a professional looking logo but yet not impressive.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

99Designs review by <span>Nathaniel B.</span>
Nathaniel B.

High quality designs for your website or logo

What do you like best?

I love the variety and options that the numerous designers offer on 99designs. I am a big fan of simply telling them about your brand and designers creating logos based on your guidelines!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the deadlines that 99designs sets. I would like more time to choose a design or collect additional designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They offer guarantees of work so your downside is minimal.

We started a new company and used 99designs for the logo and the website. Both have turned out exactly as we wanted.

There are not enough reviews of 99Designs for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Upwork Logo
Upwork
Upwork (formerly Elance-oDesk) is a freelance services platform for top companies to hire and work with talented independent professionals.
Fiverr Logo
Fiverr
Fiverr.com is a marketplace platform for services performed by its users.
Freelancer.com Logo
Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com is a freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace where employers can hire freelancers to work in a diverse range of functions.
EngineerBabu Logo
EngineerBabu
EngineerBabu is an exclusive network of the top 20% expert IT services companies of India.
PeoplePerHour.com Logo
PeoplePerHour.com
PeoplePerHour.com is a marketplace connecting small businesses and freelancers all over the world in a trusted environment where they buy and sell services to each other.
crowdspring Logo
crowdspring
crowdspring helps buyers reach creatives across the globe so that small businesses, one-man shops and individuals anywhere can tap into a global pool of creatives for graphic design, industrial design, and writing projects.
Envato Studio Logo
Envato Studio
Envato Studio is a community of hand-picked designers, developers and digital talent, available to work on a variety of projects.
Guru.com Logo
Guru.com
Guru provides businesses with the tools to find and hire talented freelancers all over the world and offers freelancers the opportunity to market sought-after skills to a global audience for a minimal cost.
DesignCrowd Logo
DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd is an online marketplace providing logo, website, print and graphic design services by providing access to freelance graphic designers and design studios around the world.

Learning about 99Designs?

* We monitor all 99Designs reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.