Abacus

Abacus

Real-time employee expense management & reimbursement

Work for Abacus?

Learning about Abacus?

Abacus Reviews

Ask Abacus a Question
Showing 799 Abacus reviews
Abacus review by <span>Amanda C.</span>
Amanda C.

Abacus is a seamless and easy to use expense system

What do you like best?

Abacus' user interface is extremely intuitive and easy to use. Compared to the Concur system, expensing on Abacus is a breeze because of the ability to drag images into the platform, and the small amount of details that are required relating to one expense. What's even better is that you can upload expenses directly from your phone through the mobile app. This makes it a lot harder to forget to submit an expense because you can do so as soon as you receive the receipt.

What do you dislike?

Abacus should show an aggregate amount of expenses outstanding immediately on the home page. They should also show the amount of funds that have already been approved and are on their way, as well as the expected deposit date. The categories of expenses appear to be limited - users should be able to suggest their own to administrators in some way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They should definitely switch from Concur to Abacus because Abacus is much more easy to use and understand. It is also faster and has a simpler user interface. It is nearly impossible to not understand how to use this software.

The system has easily solved the issue of submitting expenses. Because the platform is so seamless and easy to use, it has improved the accounting method that is used for expenses. Additionally, because all of the expenses must be categorized it is easy to see where the highest expenditures are happening. This has also made reimbursements back to employees a lot faster as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Abacus
Abacus review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Abacus has changed my life!

What do you like best?

Easiest way to process expense charges! Rather than have a full wallet of receipts, along with digital ones that then need to be printed and validated, Abacus full integrates them seamlessly. Moreover, I can also review and approve the expenses from my direct reports. The time saving, efficiency and easy of use is truly outstanding. I would even say that Abacus is fun to use (transforming expense reporting from being my least favorite activity to something that I'm happy to do).

What do you dislike?

I would say waiting 25 years in the workforce to have an employer move to a digital expense report platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Abacus is truly an excellent product. Both as a website and as an app, the interfaces are intuitive, easy to navigate and logical. If one is familiar with online shopping and basic personal record-keeping, the Abacus platform will seem natural with a very quick learning curve.

Completing my own expense reports efficiently, speedily and accurately.

Realizing the same from my direct reports.

Supporting my organization in ensuring that expense reporting is done regularly and accurately.

Being reimbursed quickly, especially for large expenses.

Finally, enabling me to have greater visibility in the expenses of my reports to ensure that we adhere to our budget and spend our resources wisely.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Abacus review by <span>Marc P.</span>
Marc P.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great product for simplifying business expenses

What do you like best?

I like the ease of entering expenses. The user interface is very easy to navigate, and very thoughtfully laid out. Also, the bank transfer, after approval, is very easy and streamlined. I like that Abacus sends me e-mails about the timing of the approval and bank transfer.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to save a draft expense. Often times i start an expense report, and then find myself having to click out of the window, only to have to start from scratch. I am not sure if there is a way to setup template expense reports. As a contractor every two weeks, I submit a time card for wage approvals. It would be nice to have a template setup so all that I have to do is input the number of hours and the PDF of the time card for approval. This would save a lot of time and make for more consistent entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Abacus to any small business. Having worked at a large company before coming here, the expense report system was disastrous and people were delinquent is submitting forms for reimbursement. Abacus has makes expenses easy to process, and provides no excuses for people not to submit their reports.

I am a contractor, and am able to enter my time card for approval very easily. As a contractor, I often work from home. Abacus makes it easy to remotly upload my time card and submit for approval.

Abacus review by <span>Susmita P.</span>
Susmita P.

Wonderful tool for keeping track of expenses!

What do you like best?

I really enjoy both Abacus's website and mobile app for submitting my expenses and keeping track of reimbursements. It seamlessly connected to my bank, shows my past reimbursement data, and I'm able to easily view my pending expenses.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything at all! The app especially has a great UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today's age, choose a tool for your employees that already has a great complementary app. They'll thank you.

The business benefits are multiple. I'm able to submit expenses with a few taps on my screen, from my mobile device directly, and categorize them efficiently. I greatly prefer this to other tools I've used for business expense reimbursements, which were clunky, had strange fields, and did not have a great user interface.

Abacus review by <span>Danielle C.</span>
Danielle C.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Abacus is amazing! Simple, easy to use and allows your company to get your money back fast.

What do you like best?

With Abacus mobile app you can take pictures of receipts and instantly submit them as expenses. Abacus also allows you to connect credit cards to your account so that it will load the transactions for you to review and submit. Our company is able to save time on processing reimbursements and gets our money back to us within 1-3 days using Abacus. I highly recommend it to any company!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the suggested expenses emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy for internal processing and end user to use. Great product!

Turn around time to get money back to employees and labor involved in processing reimbursements.

That with Abacus it takes less time to process reimbursements which means less labor hours and less time for employees to wait to receive their money.

Abacus review by <span>Bobbie G.</span>
Bobbie G.

Easy-Peezy

What do you like best?

It's fast, easy, and convenient. I literally don't even need to keep paper receipts in my wallet or folders anymore. I take a picture of all receipts and keep them in my phone on my abacus app and never deal with losing them again... and It's done immediately when I pay for something! Boom! Done!

What do you dislike?

I can't customize some fields and can't edit some information after it's entered. It drives me a little crazy when I can't go back and change the detail that I entered or add more detail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always have the app on your main home screen so it is quickly and easily accessible on your phone.

It can be done in purchasing realtime. Less saving receipts. Snap the receipt picture as you purchase. I used to lose receipts and now I don't have that problem any more and won't ever again. YEA! A win for Abacus! I also have learned that I save a ton of time. Time is saved on the front end at the point of sale... bc it's so easy, and hours are saved on the back end not having to fill out forms and attach documentation and worry about losing everything.

Learn more about Abacus

Abacus Videos

Learning about Abacus?

* We monitor all Abacus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.