Abacus

Abacus

Real-time employee expense management & reimbursement

Work for Abacus?

Learning about Abacus?

Abacus Reviews

Ask Abacus a Question
Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
  • Ratings (1)
Ratings (1)
Showing 666 Abacus reviews
Abacus review by Justin E.
Justin E.

"review for Abacus"

What do you like best?

I like the ease in which I am able to file my expenses from work . There are times when I have to keep track of the budget, and the Abacus app lets me easily check on my past expenses even though they are already filed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the application glitches and shows that I have un-filed expenses when in reality I do not. There are a couple of other bugs that have been fixed, but I appreciate the responsiveness of Abacus so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn everything about the app before diving straight into it. All it takes is 5 minutes

I am able to track my spending with Abacus and determine whether or not I am under or over budget. Some benefits that I have realized are the accessibility of having an app version available for phones.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Abacus
Abacus review by Diego  G.
Diego G.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

"Start Saving Today"

What do you like best?

Helps you track your expenses and help you see what you spend your money on. From there on your own you can cut expenses where needed.

What do you dislike?

Its a really good product, but can use expansion. Set it up so people can invest, and put in a system to track stocks.

Help track and cut expenses.

Abacus review by Kady F.
Kady F.

"Abacus: the office's efficient and streamlined legal assistant "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the calendar/schedule the best. It is handy and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the search option. Half the time it doesn't even work. That is something that could be very helpful but no one works on improving it's functionality.

Abacus allows us to keep all client information in one place. Sort of like scanning in your files without really needing to.

Abacus review by User

"using this application was easy"

What do you like best?

User Interface, using this application was easy

What do you dislike?

security, using this application was easy

All of Them

Abacus review by User

"Perk of my new job is that they use Abacus"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and efficiency! I would spend way too long completing expense reports at my previous employer.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of a reason why you would not give it a try

I can spend more energy working on more important deliverables - versus wasting too much time filing expense reports on an outdated, desktop-only program (that my previous employer utilized)

Abacus review by Yana B.
Yana B.

"Great experience using Abacus"

What do you like best?

Abacus is a great program for organizing your expenses, transactions, projecting costs and uploading receipts. It is very easy and fast to use. It keeps track of all of your expenses and sort of puts your mind at ease.

What do you dislike?

It is a little pricey, but works well. I can't say that I dislike anything other than the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Abacus.

Keeping track of all the expenditures, uploading receipts, projecting future costs.

"Abacus!"

What do you like best?

So easy to submit expenses and I get reimbursed in like 2 days. Also easy to approve expenses.

What do you dislike?

Abacus messages me every time someone submits an expense report, even when I am not their expense approver, because I am an admin that needs to run reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, it's super easy to use.

Getting reimbursed quickly is key.

Abacus review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Simple and Fast"

What do you like best?

The interface is very straightforward, very easy to upload and allocate expenses.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had an ability to notify the reviewer for a status check within the app. Instead, you have to do it in person any time something is delayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for small companies, but I can see there being some limitations to the platform for bigger organizations.

Its a simple solutions for expenses that makes it easy to get staff to track costs and follow our policies more closely.

Abacus review by Ryan D.
Ryan D.

"How expense management should have always been"

What do you like best?

The clean, fast, intuitive user interface

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything! I haven't had any issues with it

As an employee, I can save myself and my colleagues time filing expense reports because the app makes it simple and intuitive. I don't need to bother others to figure out what obscure field/accounting numbers I should be filing things under. It's dead simple to attach my receipts, view status of my expenses, and organize multiple expenses into trips etc.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is for me to log my mileage for reimbursement. I can just enter a starting point and destination and it will automatically calculate the mileage and reimbursement for that trip.

I love how Abacus has an app and the app is so user friendly.

I like how easy it if to split receipts between reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.

I also love how easily the reimbursement gets deposited in your account.

I also like how the app suggests expenses on your credit card for reimbursement and has the ability to group expenses from a specific trip.

I like how clear the reimbursement is on your credit card statement.

What do you dislike?

I don't understand if I can just chose credit card items for reimbursement or need the receipts. I wish it was a little clearer in that regard.

We have to use two softwares for expenses and reimbursements. We have to use a second software for regular purchases in the office and it would be more convenient if abacus could cover both of these.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Abacus makes it easy for employees to submit receipts and log driving miles. I would recommend it.

Abacus helps people easily and QUICKLY log their reimbursable expenses. It saves company time and employee headaches.

"Abacus is the best!"

What do you like best?

Submitting expenses is extremely easy using Abacus. I'm able to take a photo of a receipt and submit my expenses in a matter of seconds. I'll often submit my check bag expense in the airport security line or my dinner expenses while I'm wrapping up my meal.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features I use are only available from the web app. I'd like to see my aggregated trip total in the mobile app.

Abacus lets me submit expenses easily and be reimbursed quickly. It also helps the company reduce loss due to unapproved expenses.

Abacus review by Casey A.
Casey A.

"intuitive, simple, easy to use "

What do you like best?

A very sleek platform, everything was self-explanatory, no issues whatsoever!

What do you dislike?

I am unable to log in after my expenses have been reimbursed, so it's hard to keep track or have a final record.

Was able to organize all the expenses really well and gave me an opportunity to lay everything out clearly.

Abacus review by User

"My experience was really good "

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to creating acount and shate with my friends and family....

What do you dislike?

I no dislike nothing everything was very organized and clear ..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I solving the missing checks and pay employed at work

Abacus review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Easiest way to submit expenses"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to just snap a picture of my receipt and enter a few details to submit an expense.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints! Everything works like a charm.

Needed an easier way to track and issue reimbursements.

Abacus review by User

"Love using Abacus to submit expenses"

What do you like best?

The app is really easy to use and I can upload receipts from my camera roll.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to remind the company about unpaid/unapproved expenses. Maybe a time limit to approve or it is approved by default?

As a small company, we don't have a team in charge of this so having an app makes it easy for the company owner to approve expenses.

"Easy, quick and useful"

What do you like best?

Easy, to use. Quick response. Easy to access

What do you dislike?

Haven’t come across anything I don’t like other than being able to detect locations That ARENT close to me

Ease of reimbursements

"Extremely User Friendly"

What do you like best?

The mobile app allows me to send expenses right away. I love the picture feature. Have not forgotten about an expense since. I also love the feature to email reciepts@abacus.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any major issues yet so TBD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy for employees. Highly recommend.

I travel every month for work so keeping track of my out of pocket expenses is super important and Abacus does that for me. I am losing less money due to forgetting to expense things.

Abacus review by barry d.
barry d.

"Never Liked Doing Expenses"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Seamless Approval process. Quick turnaround.

What do you dislike?

learning curve is not long, takes a few times to find all the information for expense input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never been very good at expense recording throughout my career. Abacus makes my professional life so much easier Easy to track, easy to report and easy to recover

Makes recovery of expenses much easier. In addition it saves time and money internally . it allows for accurate monthly expenses reporting.

Abacus review by User

"The best exeprience I've ever had with expenses"

What do you like best?

I can do my expenses almost in real time as I conduct company business. As soon as I get a receipt, I take a picture with my phone and submit it. Sometimes, I've gotten expenses approved before I even get the service completed (waiting for my carry-out food to get made).

What do you dislike?

There isn't a single thing I can say that I dislike.

Just the speed of getting reimbursed for all of my expenses.

"Simple expense tool "

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily use Abacus on my phone or computer and the experience feels very similar. Adding a new expense is super easy and the UI is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could upload the image of the receipt and the app would attempt to autofill the number and data based on the image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If I could link my business credit card to Abacus and then use it directly to pay for things that would be really helpful. Also scanning a receipt to pull the data off it would be helpful.

This app makes submitting my expenses in a timely manner super easy. I can be handed a receipt at a store, take a pic, and submit it right then and there. No spreadsheets or hassle involved.

Abacus review by User

"Convenient, easy to use! "

What do you like best?

The user interface is really clean and streamlined. Functions are very intuitive and links right into your bank account for ease of access to your most recent expenses

What do you dislike?

Not a major issue in my opinion but some vendors don't auto-populate when you first input an expense. It does save it for the next time though which works fine

Being able to get reimbursed quickly for company expenses

"Happy Abacus User"

What do you like best?

The ability to email receipts into the system makes the application super easy to use

What do you dislike?

auto-categorization of expenses could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have much experience with other products but Abacus seems solids and completely meets my needs as a business traveler that needs to submit expense reports.

The application is use for reimbursement of business related expenses.

Abacus review by Nate S.
Nate S.

"So Easy! "

What do you like best?

The easiest expensing software I've used. Great interface and I love how you can forward receipts and it will automatically start categorizing your expense. Saves so much time!

What do you dislike?

Nothing about the app itself - I think just consulting companies how to structure their list of categories would be nice

we are reducing the amount of time that employees spend on expenses which allows them to do more work for the company

Abacus review by Ben H.
Ben H.

"Easy to use expense system. "

What do you like best?

Abacus UI is amazingly natural and simple to utilize. Contrasted with the Concur framework, expensing on Abacus is a breeze in light of the capacity to drag pictures into the stage, and the little measure of subtleties that are required identifying with one cost. What's far and away superior is that you can transfer costs straightforwardly from your telephone through the versatile application. This makes it much harder to neglect to present a cost since you can do as such when you get the receipt.

What do you dislike?

Abacus should demonstrate a total measure of costs exceptional quickly on the landing page. They ought to likewise demonstrate the measure of assets that have just been endorsed and are headed, just as the normal store date. The classes of costs seem, by all accounts, to be restricted - clients ought to probably propose their very own to heads here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Math device is genuinely a fantastic item. Both as a site and as an application, the interfaces are instinctive, simple to explore and coherent. On the off chance that one knows about internet shopping and essential individual record-keeping, the Abacus stage will appear to be normal with a fast expectation to absorb information.

I would prescribe Abacus to any private venture. Having worked at an extensive organization before coming here, the cost report framework was grievous and individuals were reprobate is submitting shapes for repayment. Math device has makes costs simple to process, and gives no reasons to individuals not to present their reports.

The framework has effectively settled the issue of submitting costs. Since the stage is so consistent and simple to utilize, it has enhanced the bookkeeping technique that is utilized for costs. Moreover, in light of the fact that the majority of the costs must be classified it is anything but difficult to see where the most noteworthy uses are going on. This has additionally made repayments back to representatives significantly quicker also.

Finishing my very own cost reports proficiently, quickly and precisely.

Understanding the equivalent from my immediate reports.

Supporting my association in guaranteeing that cost detailing is done consistently and precisely.

Being repaid rapidly, particularly for expansive costs.

At long last, empowering me to have more noteworthy perceivability in the costs of my reports to guarantee that we hold fast to our financial plan and spend our assets shrewdly.

Abacus review by Jessi R.
Jessi R.

"Mobile Friendly"

What do you like best?

I love that Abacus is a lightweight and mobile friendly expense system and process. I was used to using Concur from other companies and needing fewer clicks, filling out fewer fields, and the mobile friendly capabilities mean my expense process can be done easily, in real time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the suggested expenses and autofill examples are not super helpful, but they are easy to ignore.

Easy and accurate expense management with appropriate (but not too many) steps and approvals

Abacus review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fast and Easy"

What do you like best?

easy to use, camera to take photo of receipt

What do you dislike?

I cant think of anything that I don't like about Abacus.

fast turn around, less holding of receipts

Abacus review by User

"Quick, simple, and easy way to manage company expenses on the go."

What do you like best?

The mobile app is quick and easy to scan receipts on your phone right away (e.g., at the restaurant, airport) and is very simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

You have to screenshot or save as PDF any receipts that are sent as an e-mail--I wish there was a way to just forward the e-mail to Abacus and have it auto-populate the fields. Also, if I have a stack of receipts, there's no way to bulk process them; you have to take a picture/scan of each receipt individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, especially if you're a small- to medium-sized business that is looking for a low-cost solution that has all of the core features of expense management and requires little to no training for employees to start using.

Low-cost per user and no need to train employees on how to use the platform.

Abacus review by Amith P.
Amith P.

"Abacus - ease of use"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the design and ease of use. I am primarily a mobile user and they IOS application is elegant and uncluttered.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for this product

reimbursements

Abacus review by User

"Abacus is one of my favorite tools!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to submit expenses through Abacus! I can even take a photo of a receipt on my phone and just upload it to Abacus. By far the easiest and most efficient expense management tool I have ever used. Soooo glad my company switched to Abacus!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Abacus. It does what it is supposed to do easily and efficiently. It has simplified expense management - brilliantly!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with Abacus. You will love it! Easiest tool you'll ever use.

Because it is so easy to input expenses into Abacus, I don't dread doing it any more and I don't wait until the end of the month to process all my receipts. I can practically do it on the fly! Finally, expense management the way it was meant to be!

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

that it can find businesses nearby and I don't need to type them in or find them

What do you dislike?

having to change cities, it's annoying when doing expenses from a business trip and having receipts from different cities

making expenses easier

Abacus review by Administrator

"Great option!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, employees like the quick turnaround, easy reporting.

What do you dislike?

Reporting details or customizing reports.

Automation of all credit card transactions into our accounting software.

Abacus review by Amar S.
Amar S.

"Good experience using Abacus"

What do you like best?

It's easy and user-friendly. It helps me to submit my expenses. I would recommend Abacus to others. It's a great tool and keeps your expenses in order. I think Abacus is doing well. I would recommend it to other. I don't see any negative features in Abacus. I use the software everyday and it's great. It has helped me solve my receipt keeping and puts things in order. I think Abacus is doing well. I would recommend it to other. I don't see any negative features in Abacus. I use the software everyday and it's great. It has helped me solve my receipt keeping and puts things in order.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I think Abacus is doing well. I would recommend it to other. I don't see any negative features in Abacus. I use the software everyday and it's great. It has helped me solve my receipt keeping and puts things in order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Abacus to others. It's very east and user-friendly. I think Abacus is doing well. I would recommend it to other. I don't see any negative features in Abacus. I use the software everyday and it's great. It has helped me solve my receipt keeping and puts things in order.

They do my expenses and receipt submissions. It's very easy to keep track of my receipts and submissions. It's very east to get reimbursed.

Abacus review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great Experience "

What do you like best?

User friendly interface. Easy to use, and nice website design.

What do you dislike?

some vendors are unknown in the dropdown window box/option

expenses that apply to specific areas.

Abacus review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to Use and Expense for Word"

What do you like best?

This is amazing to have for work expenses especially while traveling. I would highly recommend any business take advantage of this app in their company. It's easy to attach cards, track, and expense.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike. it isn't complex. It's a simple yet very effective app to use for work and expensing.

I am only dealing with expenses.

Abacus review by Anudeep B.
Anudeep B.

"Simple expense platform"

What do you like best?

Ability to link accounts and select transactions to submit as expenses

What do you dislike?

- The app should be able to clearly display expense policies when submitting them.

Expense process has been greatly simplified.

Abacus review by User

"Intuitive Efficiency for Traveling"

What do you like best?

I like that I can snap a picture of my receipts while on the go, and seamlessly submit my expenses from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything about this product.

Abacus makes submitting expenses much more efficient than copying/scanning/emailing receipts and documenting in a spreadsheet.

Abacus review by Administrator

"Abacus is so much better than combing through paper receipts!"

What do you like best?

I love the app! I just take a photo of my receipts and upload them on the spot before I lose them. I use the email forwarding feature all the time for receipts that come to my email. I like that you can add a description in the body of the email and it populates that text in Abacus once the expense imports.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything I dislike, honestly. I do think the linking of credit cards and the users can be a little confusing to navigate the way it appears to the end user. Other than that, I'm happy!

We don't have to save and store paper receipts! Managers can easily approve employee expenses, and there is a clear record of the approval. The reports are easy to use and can be saved for future use. The reports are helpful with budgeting.

Abacus review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Great tool for submitting expenses"

What do you like best?

Easy to submit expenses and have those expenses approved. Bank transfer is fast and puts the money right back in my account. This takes the guess work out of submitting expenses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, as I don't get very deep into the product. The company catalog could be larger, but that is very minimal. All in all, like the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid tool when building out a larger team

Travel expense reporting. Less work for my managers to approve. Automated bank transfers

"Finance Minister"

What do you like best?

It is simple to put up receipts and categorize it. Its also easier for person to review and grant the expense.

What do you dislike?

I am a recent user. I think the tool is great. Have never seen a platform for managing expenses before.

I submit my receipts for expenses related to work so that I get reimbursed by my company.

Abacus review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Great and fast service"

What do you like best?

It was super easy to use. Very user friendly and quick replies and pay outs.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the calculations would be wrong or a bit difficult. But with updates it has gotten so much better ! Super user friendly.

The benefits of getting fast pay outs and wonderful service

"Seamless user experience"

What do you like best?

I used Abacus to claim the amount I spent while attending an interview. The user experience was seamless from the moment I filed to claim to getting the amount credited to my bank account. The tool surfaced any issues with my claim and flagged it more visibly with the actions to take. The workflow helped me guide through the process of reimbursement. The tool had support to categorize my expenses. That was super helpful.

What do you dislike?

I love if more companies use it. The team needs to pitch this tool to as much corporates as possible.

Getting the expenses reimbursed for an interview.

Abacus review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Fast easy payment "

What do you like best?

Putting in expenses is straight forward and easy to understand

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it thinks I'm putting in double expenses

Not having a business credit card. The benefits are we get to use our own and get miles

Abacus review by User

"I Hate Submitting Expenses"

What do you like best?

I hate submitting expenses, but Abacus recognizes that most people hate it, too, and has made entering them as easy as I've ever seen. Simple receipt capture and uploads (especially on mobile), remembering and suggesting entries based on my previous expenses, and simply not forcing me to try to stuff my expenses into categories that aren't intuitive are what I like best.

What do you dislike?

I'll always hate submitting expenses. Until Abacus does every little part of it for me, I'm not sure there is much that I dislike. It actually isn't all that far off from doing it all for me now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My impression in speaking with users of other products is that this is really one of the top 2 platforms.

Using Abacus emphasizes the great benefits we have and the visibility and ease of accessing those benefits offsets a lot of other challenges employees face regularly in their jobs.

Abacus review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Abacus Makes Reimbursements Super Easy"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I can do all of my reimbursements as I go by using the mobile app and taking pictures of the receipts.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much to dislike. The interface is user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out. Very simple to use and understand.

I sometimes travel for weeks on end, so it's nice to be able to submit expenses as I go.

Abacus review by Nohili T.
Nohili T.

"Simple + Fast"

What do you like best?

The app is very intuitive and simple to use!

What do you dislike?

Would like the transfer of funds to be quicker.

Our interns don't have company cards, but Abacus makes it easy for our company to both keep track of what is being purchased on their end and is a simple process on our end to approve their spendings.

Abacus review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Abacus rocks!"

What do you like best?

It's the best way to get expenses taken care off within minutes without having to hang on to physical receipts for months till you can get reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's super easy to use and extremely convenient. So much so that I can use it right after I incur and expense to get reimbursed.

Speed of reimbursement, as well as having a hub to keep track of all reimbursements.

Abacus review by User in Internet

"Great time saver"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to do your expenses using Abacus.

What do you dislike?

I dislike doing my expenses, not using Abacus

Time wasted with reconciling business expenses

Abacus review by Corey B.
Corey B.

"Best expense program I've used"

What do you like best?

Having worked at newspapers and also tech-based companies, I can say without hesitation that Abacus is the easiest and most intuitive expense program I've ever used.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, at least in my experience thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of submitting expenses has never been easier.

Abacus review by User in Computer Software

"Simple"

What do you like best?

Using abacus is extremely simple. The process of submitting expenses is straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Abacus keeps track of all your transactions on any cards you upload, which can be noisy.

I use abacus to upload receipts and get reimbursed for small purchases.

Learn more about Abacus

Abacus Videos

Learning about Abacus?

* We monitor all Abacus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.