Abacus

Abacus

Real-time employee expense management & reimbursement

Work for Abacus?

Showing 589 Abacus reviews
Abacus review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"I love Abacus!"

What do you like best?

Abacus is so easy to use and helpful! I absolutely love this software!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this software that I do not like at this time!

Abacus is so useful and allows for real-time collaboration!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Abacus
Abacus review by User

"Expense Management at its Finest"

What do you like best?

Abacus Has been absolutely great for expense management and tracking. Compared to concur the user interface is much smoother and simpler but the data presentation and data visualization is by far the most beneficial part for us. It has allowed us to track and analyze our expenditures and Waze we weren’t previously able to.

What do you dislike?

It took a little while longer than I would have liked to become comfortable with the layout but other than that I absolutely love their software along with all of my colleagues.

This is our go to for expense management and tracking. While we were previously using Concur we think this was an excellent upgrade and well worth the time and effort put into implementation.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Abacus review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Abacus in the Legal World"

What do you like best?

The user friend features in Abacus are beneficial in that users do not waste a lot of time to enter the information on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are not really any features that I dislike or have difficulties with, so this would really be a N/A type answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Products like this are a great tool for small offices or larger offices and employees will be able to use it without any problems.

Being a cloud based type software it is easier to access remotely, which is completely beneficial when out of the office.

Abacus review by User

"Regional Sales Director "

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the application on both the mobile phone app as well as the desktop is great. Straight forward and great time saving features when doing your expense reports.

I have used other expense report tools like Concur and I find this one to be much more user friendly when adding or trying to modify an expense line item.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far. Appears I need at least 40 characters as a required minimum for this field so this is me, just typing away. LOL!

With Abacus we are streamlining the expense report approval process. Before Abacus we were manually submitting expense reports to the CFO and it was too time consuming.

"Finance Guru!"

What do you like best?

I like the way I am able to manage the expenses and other business transactions. It also saves time with posting your transactions and working with expense policy.

What do you dislike?

Not much that i dislike. A little training is needed for understanding the software because it has alot of features.

It is worth every penny with the amount of data it manages.

Abacus review by User

"Easiest expense reporting software I've used"

What do you like best?

This software is very easy to use and is great for employees who travel frequently. I used Concur and found it to be intuitive and easy, but this is light years ahead. The real-time submission and quick turnaround ensures I have the cash in my bank account to pay the bills. It is also great because I don't have to save all my receipts and input a mass expense entry after the fact (my biggest beef with Concur). Flexibility between mobile and online platforms is super helpful and easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Just some little things: the sync between the mobile platform and web platform is not perfect. For example, when I take a receipt photo with my phone, the expense is available one mobile, very quickly, but I have to log out and log back in own my computer to see the same charge. Would like a little easier functions for categorizing expenses into "trips" after expenses have been entered and submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommended. Great user experience.

Simplified expense reporting. The greatest benefits are the accuracy in data capture, transparency, and the speed of the program to completing reimbursements.

Abacus review by User in Computer Software

"Great Customer Service & Great Software "

What do you like best?

Similar to Concur but more intuitive to me with a pretty slick UI. I am a fan of the mobile app especially. I recommend this to anyone looking!

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not have any complaints here, great software and great people! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a slick app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

nope.

I just like its easily leveraged!

Abacus review by Pedro C.
Pedro C.

"Good app and even better customer service"

What do you like best?

Their customer service reps showed me how to use the basic version features, saving us money by not needing to upgrade to the pro version. I felt like they put our needs on top of a quick sale, which is a very special thing to encounter and says a lot of good things about Abacus.

The app does all the basic things we needed, plus it allowed us to deposit directly from our bank (a regional bank that doesn't Expensify doesn't integrate with).

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, everything is fine, I don't dislike anything

We were able to expedite the expense-reimbursement-accounting cycle

Abacus review by Ana H.
Ana H.

"user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that its available as an app, to be accessed anywhere

What do you dislike?

there is nothing i dislike about Abacus as of yet

mileage reimbursements

Abacus review by Rosemary L.
Rosemary L.

"Intuitive and quick!!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use this process. Would highly recommend to all smaller businesses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It functions perfectly and is user friendly

Registering and receiving payments from locations all over the country

Abacus review by Marsha L.
Marsha L.

"Loving Abacus Everyday!"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is categorized.and self explanatory. The tools they have to assist you comes in very handy. When i need toll reimbursements from my employer, i just enter all my info and then i am paid within a few days of reporting it. The service Abacus provides is an excellent one.p Just awesome!

What do you dislike?

The only thing i could say that needs improvements is sometimes when u enter more than one expense in a day it states its a duplicate. There is no way to differentiate the two. Im sure tgats just a glitch. There is nothing i dislike about Abacus.

Abacus is providing a platform of tools to list expenses and once completed i am able to go back if needed to look up past expenses. Instead of looking for receipts all i have to do is go on my Abacus app and my expenses are right there at my fingertips. Business done simple!

Abacus review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Easy Peasy"

What do you like best?

The app was super easy to use, receipts can be uploaded and paid right away instead of waiting weeks or months for checks!

What do you dislike?

Couple bugs but support was more than happy to help out and get it taken care of.

Much easier to organize and process expense items.

Abacus review by Emily M.
Emily M.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The Abacus app is very easy to use and helps me keep track of expenses while traveling.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Everything works well.

It is easy to track expenses, and the app makes on-the-go expense reporting a breeze.

Abacus review by Aisha D.
Aisha D.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It takes less than a minute to submit a request, it's very user friendly, and a fast way to get a reimbursement if you don't want to wait for payroll.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is if your request requires a multi person approval, it would be nice to see who's approval is pending. This may be something that is available at a manager/approver level but is currently not available at the employee level.

Fast and efficient reimbursements without waiting for payroll processing.

"Great Support"

What do you like best?

The service does what it claims to do, making tracking expenses easier.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet. The one time things didn't work perfectly support was able to tell me why and give me a timeframe for a resolution.

The benefit to me is that my business expenses aren't falling through the cracks, and I'm getting reimbursed for them reliably.

Abacus review by Administrator

"Efficient expense reimbursements"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Great for employees and administrators

What do you dislike?

No international bank reimbusements for employees in other countries.

Expense reimbursements and easy accounting software integration.

Abacus review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Simple UI. Very easy to use and is aesthetically appealing.

What do you dislike?

Lots of duplicate categories and it's not clear which you should use.

Expenses

Abacus review by User in Computer Software

"The fastest Expense Tracking Software! "

What do you like best?

I used to submit expenses on a regular basis since I didn't like to carry around company expenditure for weeks and Abacus was the most seamless, quick and easy platform to use to get myself reimbursed quickly. And of course internal communication is the other best part, speeds up the process even more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. I've heard there's no foreign currency reimbursement but I never travelled as part of my work for this company.

It's quick and easy to use. I've worked at places that used Excel sheets to do expenses and it was a nightmare. Would usually take up so much time and effort and many employees would avoid expensing entirely.

Abacus review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Super slick and easy to submit + track expenses"

What do you like best?

As an end user, it's super intuitive and simple to log and track expenses on the go as soon as the charges are incurred. Additionally, it's easy to add other to split bills.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike - I've only used a couple different expense systems, and Abacus has been so simple to use.

Spending minimal time logging expenses for reimbursement.

Abacus review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"great invetion"

What do you like best?

It's quick, simple, and helpful. . Having Abacus handle my bank exchanges implies I don't need to consider it With coordinate endorsement and direct store The application is extremely extraordinary in light of the fact that I can take photos of my receipts on the fly and not need to spare them and enter them all at onceTheir presentation messages answer your inquiries previously you even have an opportunity to ask them! For us, Abacus was the ideal decision as it offered us both a straightforward and down to earth cost stage to begin with and additionally an innovation we will have the capacity to utilize advancing and incorporate with our bookkeeping programming as our business delegates turn out to be more mindful of the item. (Which isn't excessively intense! Its amazingly easy to utilize!) Pricing is at an incredible point too. In any case, if a client does not present a cost they won't pay for that month! I would not confide in the individuals who offer "free cost programming." Those at Abacus are experts, pass on, no uncertainty.

What do you dislike?

I get the feeling that the designers are as yet working out a few crimps in the web and versatile applications my costs are reliably for a similar office and save money on the 3 sec to render each time I would just need to tap "Occasion gathering" and it fills in all the sub-classifications, that may be cool.I truly have few cons for the product. I figure it is decent to see more instructional recordings that we could impart to our business group with the goal that we didn't need to disclose the product to them. That being stated, the product is natural and we had couple of issues helping everybody get up to speed. All things considered, there is little to grumble about considering how much blast you get for your buck.

Recommendations to others considering the product

understanding your consumptions at scale is significant to progress and Abacus guarantees this is a simple and adaptable process for all included Additionally, in light of the fact that the greater part of the costs must be ordered it is anything but difficult to see where the most astounding uses are going on.This product immensely enables the bookkeeping to group at our Firm. It likewise helps the clients who are required to submit corporate costs. The classes and customization fields enable this item to be to a great degree valuable.

Deals Pipeline Data Analysis - seeing how costs correspond with deals objectives for every specialty unit and their individual employees.The significant advantage is season of logging and announcing and convenience.

"Better than Concur"

What do you like best?

The ability to submit images or documents of receipts is so easy, reminds me of mobile depositing checks.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing to report for dislikes. I preferred this over Concur and was sad when my company switched over because Abacus was so simple to use and sent refunds FAST.

Recommendations to others considering the product

KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS! The experiencing of using Abacus is seamless as long as you have easy access to your receipts. If you are the type off person who does not save receipts or get e-receipts emailed to you, this app is not for you.

Business expenses. Very easy to use for one-off expense situations.

"Abacus"

What do you like best?

Limitless features, the user interface is extremely easy to use and aesthetically appealing.

What do you dislike?

The export options are limited, would be nice to have a choice

We chose Abacus because it does away with the concept of monthly expense reporting, and prioritizes getting money back to our employees as quickly and easily as possible.

Abacus review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"Elegance in its simplicity, excellent tool."

What do you like best?

The Abacus user interface is clean, easy to use, and it is easy to find what you need. Our previous system would take months to arrive, so it's useful that it can be in my bank account in a matter of weeks. The application is really great because I can take pictures of my receipts on the fly and not have to save them and enter them all at once, In addition, it facilitates the approval of payments for expenses since we can integrate it with our credit card to facilitate the payment.

What do you dislike?

the possibility of adding a date in which you want the reviewer to approve it. If I have a very large expense, I want my manager to know that I would need it by a certain date in order to manage my personal finances.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The mobile application is the best part of Abacus, makes it even easier for users.

It has made it easier for you not to lose receipts and for expenses to be paid faster, i can quickly access my application and see its status, so it reduces the excess of communication regarding whether my request was received or when I can wait for it.

Abacus review by Administrator

"An actual advancement for expense management!"

What do you like best?

"Real-time" expense management is awesome. I can't believe it isn't more widespread. It just makes so much more sense than separate reports, which are very much based on an outdated paradigm.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the product did not sync correctly with my company's corporate card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a system that works for you and has been in place for a long time, I'm not sure it's worth the switch. But if you're tired of driving yourself crazy getting those expenses in on time, this could be what you're looking for. Abacus has great features and a really interesting setup. If you see it in action, I think you could see if it'll be a fit for your company.

Getting people to submit expense reports is like pulling teeth. WIth Abacus, they don't have to submit a full, finalized report - they can do their expenses when they have time and fully get them off their plate and out of sight. Being able to eat away at your list like that is a great feeling!

Abacus review by Mikal S.
Mikal S.

"Very useful for reporting business expenses."

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to view my credit card purchases and add them as expenses or skip them.

What do you dislike?

While skipping credit card purchases, the list reorganizes itself, making it difficult to mass skip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does what it says it does.

Tracking expenses for business, in a way that creates a complete paper trail for audit purposes.

Abacus review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"A great way to manage expenses"

What do you like best?

It is easy to take a picture of the receipt and send it to the abacus email address and it keeps a record of that. No need to worry about losing the receipt

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. The interface could be improved

Expenses management. Easier to use for managers swipe to approve

Abacus review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Excellent expense management"

What do you like best?

Abacus is easy to use and integrates quickly accross platforms

What do you dislike?

It doesn't allow integration with other expense management software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using this software

Before using Abacus, redemption of travel costs was a headache for the employees. Now it's a matter of a few minutes

Abacus review by Susmita P.
Susmita P.

"Wonderful tool for keeping track of expenses!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy both Abacus's website and mobile app for submitting my expenses and keeping track of reimbursements. It seamlessly connected to my bank, shows my past reimbursement data, and I'm able to easily view my pending expenses.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything at all! The app especially has a great UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

In today's age, choose a tool for your employees that already has a great complementary app. They'll thank you.

The business benefits are multiple. I'm able to submit expenses with a few taps on my screen, from my mobile device directly, and categorize them efficiently. I greatly prefer this to other tools I've used for business expense reimbursements, which were clunky, had strange fields, and did not have a great user interface.

Abacus review by Executive Sponsor in Telecommunications
Executive Sponsor in Telecommunications

"Abacus is an excellent tool that has simplified our process and saved significant amount of time"

What do you like best?

Abacus is different than other products because it allows more customization, alerts you to unreconciled card charges, and lets you create customizable pdf reports for clients as one document. The ability to aggregate and create reports on multiple criteria is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some things can only be done on computer than are not available on mobile version. I wish they functionality was greater on mobile version.

We needed to consolidate expenses by client for all employees that had expenses for that client and provide to them one pdf summary of all expenses and receipts.

Abacus review by Jane A.
Jane A.

"Budget in real time!"

What do you like best?

Real time expense allocation and consolidation for group spending!

What do you dislike?

Reporting errors are a slightly higher level than manual accounting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth trying out - easy to keep track of group expenses to enable real time changes in resource allocation.

enables real time completion of budget allocation and re-distribution of finances if required

Abacus review by Jasmine  V.
Jasmine V.

"Abacus review "

What do you like best?

Abacus is fairly simple to use and my reimbursement come in very quickly

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about Abacus. It’s all good things.

It makes it very easy to submit expenses and have our office manager approve them

Abacus review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"It's so easy to use and I like it's features"

What do you like best?

The best part is submitting my reimbursement requests electronically and connecting my bank account info. Everything is so seemless.

What do you dislike?

Wish they could send me updates about where my reimbursement request is at and send reminders to my bosses.

Expenses reimbursed quickly and seamlessly

Abacus review by Jane A.
Jane A.

"Real time consolidation of expenses"

What do you like best?

Helps to budget in real time, by minimising workflow effort

What do you dislike?

Implementing an existing expense policy might be slightly difficult - the automatic expense creation can sometimes result in additional personal expenditure being reported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, its quite seamless and efficient.

As a part of a startup, this helped manage seed funding, taking into account the evolving framework of the organisation.

Abacus review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy expense management sofware"

What do you like best?

Their mobile solution makes it really simple to capture business expenses quickly. The workflow and notification schema works well too. Quick to notify users of changes in their submitted expense reports.

What do you dislike?

Syncing with credit cards isn’t great and you can’t retract a previously sumbitted expense for editing. Hard to split payment and expenses up all well into different categories.

Reimbursing employees for business related purchases. Also, communicating the expense policy and ensuring required metadata is capture when sumbitting expenses.

Abacus review by User in Internet

"Finally, a tech-forward solution for dreaded expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Clarity, automation. Ability to email in receipts or submit via app. I can submit expenses as I accrue them, rather than try to recall all end of month.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more granular edit abilities -- I've run into a few issues trying to edit an expense once submitted but before approved. I've also had issues where the exchange rate used by the platform differed slightly from how I was charged by my bank. It was a lot of manual work fixing that. The drop down categories can be a tad slow in-app, only noticeable when submitting multiple expenses, but for that reason I wish I could auto-pre-populate the dept drop down, since my expenses are consistently for the same department and save on the 3 sec to render each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very deliberate in setting up the rules for your organization -- it's possible that a lot of my feedback for Abacus is dictated by the rules in place established by our admin, not necessarily indicative of the tool itself.

Clarity, ease of workflows around expenses and approvals.

Abacus review by Felicia R.
Felicia R.

"Great use across the board!"

What do you like best?

Great way to update information and have everyone see it right away.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it could be confusing to use.

Making sure that everyone knows what is going on and what has been changed right away without having to call anyone.

Abacus review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"User friendly tool"

What do you like best?

The interface is very intuitive and easy to understand. My favorite feature is "Trips", everything is right there at a glance.

What do you dislike?

If you email receipts you can't grab the attachment, you need to download first.

Reimbursements are quick. When traveling often, its nice to get back funds sooner than later.

Abacus review by Erik Z.
Erik Z.

"Abacus >> Expensify"

What do you like best?

Abacus does exactly what you want it to do with ease. You can sync your card, submit expenses, create rules for auto approval. As an admin, approving entries couldn't be easier. I do most of this on the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. Everything works as described and does what I need it to do.

Expense reimbursement.

Abacus review by User

"Great expense management tool!"

What do you like best?

Nice user interface. It's easy to use and has nice grouping features for specific trips.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I haven't had a chance to use the the mobile app (if it exists) yet but if the UI is anything like the website, I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Expense reimbursement. Easy.

Abacus review by Jacob G.
Jacob G.

"Very user-friendly interface and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The interface of Abacus is very modern, concise and user-friendly. Also it worked like charm to find the restaurants etc. for my expenses.

What do you dislike?

Just a suggestion I have: maybe it's great to add functionality to recognize the digits in the receipts for auto-filling the money spent in expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think every company should strongly consider Abacus for reimbursement solutions.

I used Abacus for my travel reimbursement and I liked how the items were clearly listed and how the workflow was displayed.

Abacus review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"The best employee reimbursement program"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, drop down selections, recommendations along the way.

What do you dislike?

The wait time to be reimbursed. The exact locations of where the transaction took place is not always accurate.

My financial situation.

Abacus review by User

"Easy expense filing process"

What do you like best?

Smartphone receipt uploads for easy submission.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything yet that I dislike

Expense filing made easy

Abacus review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy Peasy"

What do you like best?

This software is much easier than anything else I've used, it automatically knows what expense report to add your expenses. It was intuitive, didn't need a tutorial, just simple to figure out.

What do you dislike?

I just had an issue adding my debit card. Looks like there was an additional step and then had to add my checking account vs debit card.

importing expenses and getting reimbursed.

Abacus review by Danielle C.
Danielle C.

"Abacus is amazing! Simple, easy to use and allows your company to get your money back fast."

What do you like best?

With Abacus mobile app you can take pictures of receipts and instantly submit them as expenses. Abacus also allows you to connect credit cards to your account so that it will load the transactions for you to review and submit. Our company is able to save time on processing reimbursements and gets our money back to us within 1-3 days using Abacus. I highly recommend it to any company!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the suggested expenses emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy for internal processing and end user to use. Great product!

Turn around time to get money back to employees and labor involved in processing reimbursements.

That with Abacus it takes less time to process reimbursements which means less labor hours and less time for employees to wait to receive their money.

Abacus review by Brenton N.
Brenton N.

"Easiest Reimbursement"

What do you like best?

I've used a couple of different applications for expenses and reimbursements in the past, but this is by far the easiest to use.

What do you dislike?

To date, I haven't found anything that I do not like about Abacus.

Their process for entering expenses is super smooth.

"Expenses made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love how user-friendly this website is. It is so easy to upload photos and submit my expense report. It is actually kinda fun and I never mind doing it whereas my other companies was such a PAIN that too way too long.

What do you dislike?

No problems yet! I have loved all aspects of this app

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend all companies use this app and website. It is the best I have seen so far and is very easy to use in all aspects.

Easy access when it is approved and easy to drag photos to it. The categories are also very easy to pick from. I love everything about this website and the app is very helpful as well

Abacus review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive Expenses UI"

What do you like best?

Receipt drag and drop support and support for many file type

What do you dislike?

No way to archive expenses. It would be nice to have a screen that only lists pending expenses

Faster expenses processing from uploading to payment.

Abacus review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Mobile Friendly"

What do you like best?

I only use mobile, and their app works really well for my needs.

What do you dislike?

It gives me this warning when submitting travel related expenses that I need to have someone else tagged with the expense in order to submit it. I am not sure why I need that, so I just tell it to submit anyways.

Saved tons of time with reimbursements.

Abacus review by Hannah G.
Hannah G.

"Abacus App - Simple and Fast"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile app, where I can submit receipts via photo. I also love that it processes reimbursement faster than our old method where you had to wait for the paycheck.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything in particular - it's easy to use and very streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the app! It makes everything easier.

Making it easier to reimburse for business expenses such as interview lunches, cell phone bills, and LinkedIn expenses. It's a huge benefit to be able to do this in a simple 2-3 click process.

Abacus review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Ready for the 21st Century"

What do you like best?

How seamless it is to report an expense and check on its status. I'm particularly fond of the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Abacus.

I prefer to do things in the moment, so being able to expense things as I do, I'm in heaven.

Learn more about Abacus

Abacus Videos

Learning about Abacus?

* We monitor all Abacus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.