Abila MIP Fund Accounting

Full fund accounting functionality with module-based pricing

Work for Abila MIP Fund Accounting?
Netsuitefornonprofits leader  nonprofitaccounting  2x

Learning about Abila MIP?

Abila MIP Fund Accounting Reviews

Ask Abila MIP a Question
Showing 22 Abila MIP reviews
Abila MIP review by <span>Jonathan G.</span>
Jonathan G.

MIP has worked for years for us, but it is missing some advanced functionality

What do you like best?

MIP let's us track over 200 projects with separate accounts and even varying currencies all over the world simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

We aren't able to track Cash Balances month to month or quarter to quarter while factoring in advanced things like Gain or Loss on Exchange rate in each period. Because of this, instead, we have to export all the data in our BI platform, create all these cash balances and calculate everything there instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've been using MIP for years, and we honestly haven't examined the competitor landscape recently. So, if we were picking a solution today, we'd probably really dig into what alternatives are out there right now.

We manage over 200 projects around the world each with their own accounts and account managers to monitor budgets and spending. MIP allows us to organize all of this for each account manager without getting lost in all the data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Abila MIP review by <span>Paige B.</span>
Paige B.

Easy to use, improves efficiencies for various accounting functions

What do you like best?

Very easy to run ad hoc analysis and drill down to detailed transactions and attached pdf documents. Easy to import journal entries and other transactions to facilitate input of large quantities of data.

What do you dislike?

We used their payroll module for a few months and it was awful. Payroll is much different from other modules with all the regulatory requirements. Abila is trying to be all things to all people but this one doesn't work. The ability to speak on the phone with customer service is bad as well. While they're quick to respond to online chat, average phone wait times are 35-45 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great mid-sized non-profit solutions. In addition to regular financial reporting, it makes 990 reporting very easy. I highly recommend Abila MIP.

As the CFO, I can quickly run ad hoc reports and drill down to detail to better understand what's happening behind the numbers. With the EFT module, our AP department has been able to double their workload with no increase in staff by making EFT payments to 90% of our vendors. Our outside auditors have their own access which allows them to work through the annual audit more efficiently, keeping their fees down.

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

Abila MIP review by <span>Tyler M.</span>
Tyler M.

Abila MIP Fund Accounting is not just a software, it is a tool.

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the product. Depending on the size of the business, Abila MIP Fund Accounting offers many different modules that service the needs of small, medium, and large size companies. You can purchase these modules at your own pace and Abila has many qualified workers that assist in helping your company decide what is the best way to build your accounting system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that certain segments cannot be altered in Abila MIP Fund Accounting once a database has been created. For example, if your company was previously setup by an accountant who used only a three digit fund code when creating the database, you will always be limited to the decision of that accountant for that database. Only creating a new database will allow you to add a fourth digit. However, just like any other problem that I may have experienced with Abila MIP Fund Accounting, the problem can be fixed and Abila is there to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are sometimes third parties involved with marketing Abila products. I prefer speaking directly with Abila.

The current goal within my department for my company is the improvement of the accounting period close and the streamlining of data entry. Originally, my company would produce financials manually in excel by cutting and pasting. By purchasing Abila MIP Fund Accounting Drillpoint module, I was able to link my accounting system directly to excel reducing my financial statement preparation time from four hours to fifteen minutes. Also, Abila offers many training classes that enabled me to better understand the importing and exporting of data into the accounting system. My company is importing and exporting more and more data every month which is increasing accuracy and timeliness within the department.

Abila MIP review by <span>Paul D.</span>
Paul D.

Abila MIP provided the financial visibility our board has been demanding for years.

What do you like best?

The software features a table driven chart of account that enables organizations like us to design our account segmentation so we can track our financials in multiple dimensions. It has a great deal of security features and options to assist in the segregation of duties, which can be difficult for smaller organizations like us. It's user interface is very intuitive and has a lot of safeguards to prevent data entry errors. You also only have to purchase the modules you need so it fit my budget too.

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting module had more modifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are working in nonprofit accounting you should absolutely make the switch to Abila MIP. There is nothing else out there for the nonprofit CFO like this. Every stakeholder has been satisfied by our switch from our board to our accountants.

We had a problem constructing a detailed budget and then tracking it by our programs, this led to inaccurate forecasting and deficits. After implementing Abila MIP we gained a tremendous amount of visibility and were able to hold ourselves more accountable. The investment in Abila MIP came back tenfold. In the first year alone we reduced our audit fees more than 30% and cut the budget deficit in half.

Abila MIP review by <span>Joselito P.</span>
Joselito P.

MIP Review

What do you like best?

On of the things ai like about MIP is the flexibility and the easy to use interface

What do you dislike?

The scheduler is not a standard issue and make it time consuming to run periodic reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what module are necessary and if is cost effective

I am able to maintain different funds, and produce I individual reports.

Abila MIP review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

accounting software with potential

What do you like best?

Abila allows users to create reports to meet reporting demands. In my line specifically, grant accounting, deals with a number of different and complex grant that require different types of styles of reporting. With Abila, I am able to rearrange the report to tailor to the requirements of the report. Another bonus, is that you can save the different templates.

What do you dislike?

Abila is not the most user friendly accounting tool I've seen, the platform is rudimentary. It desperately needs a face lift and aesthetics works.

Grant reporting and financial statements

Learning about Abila MIP Fund Accounting?

* We monitor all Abila MIP Fund Accounting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.