Accelevents Mobile Auctions

4.9

Text-message based silent auctions and raffles

Work for Accelevents Mobile Auctions?

Learning about Accelevents?

Accelevents Mobile Auctions Reviews

Ask Accelevents a Question
Showing 15 Accelevents reviews
Accelevents review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Great & Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and awesome support! Any questions I had during the set up process or while my event was going on, I received a quick response from the support team. This is a one stop shop for your next fundraiser. Loved that I could easily share on all my social media platforms to get the word out! Attendees to my event were able to pay via their phone and do all their bidding. I had a silent auction going on during a Charity Basketball game and they were able to see the products and go online without any issues to bid and pay at the end of the event!

What do you dislike?

I did not have any issues when I used Accelevents! I was very happy with the customer service.

This took my fundraising to the next step. I was able to use promote my items in my silent auction and raffle to people who were not able to attend my event. I had a winner from out of state!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Accelevents Mobile Auctions
Accelevents review by Alexandra G.
Alexandra G.

"Awesome & Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The site is extremely easy to use and looks great to bidders. If needed, you can set the whole site up in a day or two, which was nice to know in case time got tight. At the event, or ahead of time if the auction opens early, bidders could register by text or on their computers/with a volunteer. There is no need for a registration table or anything bulky like that – a couple iPads suffice. Once the bidders are registered, they can do the rest from their phones, which made the process easier, and gave people the opportunity to have bidding wars right from their seats! Bidders can also get a Stripe link and checkout at their seats, making the end of the auction much easier and less stressful. The AccelEvents customer service is also fantastic. Jon and Zach were online every single time I logged in and replied within minutes. They’d be very patient and ready to answer any questions I had; I was literally able to efficiently message them during my event and get an answer almost immediately. Last, but not least, at $99 + $1/bidder, the price absolutely cannot be beat.

What do you dislike?

AccelEvents’ connection with a credit card processing platform was crazy helpful. It made check out much easier. That said, Stripe is a lot more technical that was necessary and it would have been nice to work with Square instead. Many of our auction winners were unable to use Stripe (their connections timed out) and there was no way for us to have a Stripe page (thru AccelEvents) on our iPads, so we ended up doing half our checkout on Square anyway. This could be avoided by learning more around Stripe, but it’s a platform created for programmers and was too advanced for me. While setting up my silent auction, I also would have appreciated more demos or examples of how my auction would look and work when it was activated. As a first time auction organizer, I was nervous about the process and would have like more tutorials walking me through the checkout process and what my bidders would experience. No doubt, this type of support is something AccelEvents already has in the works.

AccelEvents gave use the ability to hold a Silent Auction efficiently and successfully!

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Accelevents review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Perfect Partner for Our Event"

What do you like best?

The easy to use platform and the customer service

What do you dislike?

I was truly happy with everything. What I dislike is this particular g2crowd review platform. It's a pain in the ass and if you guys were not so wonderful I would have bailed. It's wayyyyyyy toooo long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was fantastic.

Boston Cancer Support hosted a fantastic event that exceeded our expectations. Accelevents was the perfect partner to host our silent auction. No more hovering around an item, giving rival bidders awkward looks! The smartphone app was the perfect solution. In fact, the event was being hosted in Boston, and one of the auction winners was actually on vacation in Vietnam! Talk about leveling the playing field for a silent auction! My last comment was that the customer service was beyond what I could have hoped for. I'd send a question and get a response within 5 minutes no matter what day of the week or time of night. Do these people EVER SLEEP?? Thank you Accelevents. We will look forward to working with you again! -Susan Chaityn Lebovits, Executive Director, Boston Cancer Support.

Accelevents review by Wanda T.
Wanda T.

"Small non-profit had big returns using this Silent Auction program"

What do you like best?

The only work involved is uploading pictures and writing descriptions. They even format those in a printable version. Silent auction ending is usually CHAOS. Not with this. People pay; you see they paid and give them their item.

What do you dislike?

Had to really think to find something I disliked and all I could come up with is the "Metro" look/font. Very difficult to see when projected on a screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very low cost solution worth every penny for a non-profit

Our event is 6 hours. It's difficult to keep people there for the end of a silent auction. This totally eliminates that problem because they can keep bidding when they are doing other things at the event.

Accelevents review by Fran R.
Fran R.

"Successful collaborative art auction fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team! "

What do you like best?

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team.

The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online.

We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of “Forests."

What do you dislike?

I didn't enjoy my inner fear level, caused by my inexperience. An animated tutorial or an introduction to local people who have already used this software (possibly a Meetup.com group of people), walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Our Topic-Talk Walks (TTW) group is NOT a business. TTW is a social networking group on Meetup.com. TTW collaborates with other individuals and organizations toward science edutainment goals. For this Mobile Silent Art Auction, the “business problems” were actually collaborative challenges of having a very short time frame of less than one month to coordinate this Mobile Silent Art Auction. We like the fact that even though our auction is over, we can continue to use our auction’s link to share our online description of our collaborative theme of “Forests” and each collaborator’s logo and link (https://www.accelevents.com/events/Forests)

Our monetary benefits were a contribution of $164 to each of our 8 collaborators, plus additional money raised after the auction ended. Our social networking benefit was that we are continuing to grow healthy relationships with each collaborator.

Accelevents review by Administrator

"Customer Service is fantastic!"

What do you like best?

This was our second year to use AccelEvents for our online auction and raffle fundraiser. If you do event fundraising you now the first year is a learning curve and the second year is much easier. It was the same for using AccelEvents, much easier the second go around. While easier to use this year we still had a ton of questions and my FAVORITE thing about AccelEvents is the responsivness of Zach and Jon! I'm not sure these guys sleep. I get to work early in the morning and if I live chatted or emailed them they ALWYAS responsded within a few minutes. There were a few times I messaged at night and got the same quick response. Their customer service will keep us coming back. I would recommend AccelEvents if considering doing an online auction!

What do you dislike?

We sell several expierences and last year we did used the ticketing option which didn't work well for our purposes so this year we put the expierences in the auction and it wasn't the best option either. We are still brainstroming how to sell our expierences within the AccelEvents system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using AccelEvents for your event. Their customer service is top notch.

We use AccelEvents to fundraise.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Accelevents helps us break fundraising goals"

What do you like best?

Accelevents allows for higher fundraising and an easily facilitated silent auction. The time and money that we used to invest in creating frames, bid sheets, pens, etc to run an old fashion silent auction is astonishing. Accelevents takes the silent auction process and makes it easier, more efficient, and more exciting for guests.

What do you dislike?

We have a target market of individuals who are not as attached to their phones as younger people may be. Since we have been in existence since 1995 it is hard to make changes to our practices. Some people were confused by the text to bid silent auction, and wanted to have the option to write with the pen and paper. The only trouble for us is getting our donors used to using the new system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes the silent auction process much easier!

We are able to have a more successful silent auction with less hardship on the staff. In particular, the silent auction check out process has become much easier and it is so nice that the guests that win receive a text, because we never had a way to notify them that they won in the past.

Accelevents review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Pine Street Inn's Summer Inn the City event"

What do you like best?

We worked with Accel Events for the first time this summer for Pine Street Inn’s Summer Inn the City event, and will absolutely continue to work with them for future events! We really loved how streamlined and user-friendly their system was. For someone less tech-savvy like myself, I could easily use their dashboard and I really liked that I could make updates to our raffle item descriptions at any time. Our guests loved going digital for the event and purchasing their tickets using their cell phones. All in all, Accel Events helped us raise loads and put on a great event for guests! Thanks so much!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! We really enjoyed working with AccelEvents.

AccelEvents allowed us to go digital with our raffle. With an audience mostly made up of millennials and emerging leaders in the Greater Boston area, this was a huge benefit to have. Using their service also freed up staff to engage with our guests more on the night.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"Easy to use and great support"

What do you like best?

I recently used the auction option of Accelevents. The site was easy to set up and the technical support was outstanding (only one real technical issue that was quickly fixed - mostly it was me asking a lot of questions that Zach and team responded to quickly). The connection to Stripe worked quickly and easily. I did make my own small donation through the site because the first payment through Stripe takes about a week - subsequent payments only take a couple of days, so I had the auction winner's money in my organization's bank account within 48 hours. We used it for a single item that the donor wanted auctioned off immediately, but I'll definitely be looking to use Accelevents again for my annual event's silent auction.

What do you dislike?

Stripe credit card fee was a little higher than what I use for other on-line donations.

I had a donated item that needed to be auctioned and no event scheduled at which to hold a live or silent auction. Accelevents gave me the opportunity to set up an on-line auction that met my needs and made the item available to a nation-wide audience.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"The online/mobile fundraising solution I've been looking for."

What do you like best?

Accelevents was exactly the solution we needed for our small charity auction, and better yet, it was at exactly the right price. Very easy-to-use, both as an administrator and an end-user. Support was top-notch. Great functionality that ultimately made our auction more successful.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked a simpler URL, and a punchier product name to reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accelevents Auction solution is a Home Run for anyone running a silent auction. Our users quickly adopted the mobile bidding option and became excited to participate. Our end fundraising increased by 20% from our previous year.

We are a small community-based charity that runs a number of silent auctions at events during the year. We do not bring in the kind of revenue that can justify the expense of many of the online auction options -- but we really wanted to be able to offer so we could increase participation. The mobile bidding was a huge bonus.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"WOW...really great!"

What do you like best?

I really like the 24/7 support. When running an auction it's nice to know that the guys are there to help you out whenever needed. I also like how cheap it is. Instead of spending thousands, I spent under $300 to make over $20K on the auction and fund a need. That is a steal!!!

What do you dislike?

I think that they need to add a live auction feature to the platform, but they said they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it...really a great platform!!!

We were able to set up the whole auction (silent and live) on the platform as well as the Fund-A-Need.

Accelevents review by Administrator

"Improved my fundraising Revenue "

What do you like best?

-Fun, easy, interactive. Guests at my fundraiser enjoyed using Accelevents over the traditional paper raffles and silent auctions. My event revenue was about 50% higher using this product compared to similar events I hosted using the traditional methods. Would highly recommend.

-Increased event revenue.

-The text raffle was a big talking point during the event, people really had fun with it!

What do you dislike?

-Going into the event I was worried guest would be slow to learn how to use the text based service, this turned out not to be much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend, much better than using pen and paper/ paper tickets. No other software products like it.

-The end goal of a fundraiser is to raise funds. Accelevents text based system made it fun for guest to use which lead to more raffle ticket sales and more silent auction bids, therefore more funds raised. Would recommend.

Accelevents review by Paige H.
Paige H.

"Easy, Convenient, Fun!"

What do you like best?

I was very relieved to see how easy fundraising became with this product. I definitely think people were more likely to donate to my cause because it was so easy for them to do! I think the whole experience went very smoothly and I will absolutely be using this again, as well as recommending it to anyone in need!

What do you dislike?

I did not run into any problems that I can think of.

I was easily able to fundraise for my cause with this product. It made it easy not only for me, but more importantly for anyone willing to donate.

Accelevents review by Ashley K.
Ashley K.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The Accelevents software made everything really simple and effortless. The text functionality took out the guesswork and stress of bidding - it was a great experience.

You can also see how many bids had been placed on certain items, which allowed you to keep track of what was popular and which items you had a better chance of winning.

What do you dislike?

I honestly did not come across any issues or dislikes during my use of the product.

N/A

Accelevents review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Text Auction Software"

What do you like best?

I love the automatic replies and updates. Getting a text when I've been outbid helped me stay on top of things over the week our text auction was open.

What do you dislike?

I wish the display screen was bigger as this was projected during our event but it was hard for people to read.

This was a great addition to our annual auction!

Learning about Accelevents Mobile Auctions?

* We monitor all Accelevents Mobile Auctions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.