Accelevents Mobile Auctions

Text-message based silent auctions and raffles

Work for Accelevents Mobile Auctions?
Onecause highperf  2x

Learning about Accelevents?

Accelevents Mobile Auctions Reviews

Ask Accelevents a Question
Showing 14 Accelevents reviews
Accelevents review by <span>Alexandra G.</span>
Alexandra G.

Awesome & Easy to Use!

What do you like best?

The site is extremely easy to use and looks great to bidders. If needed, you can set the whole site up in a day or two, which was nice to know in case time got tight. At the event, or ahead of time if the auction opens early, bidders could register by text or on their computers/with a volunteer. There is no need for a registration table or anything bulky like that – a couple iPads suffice. Once the bidders are registered, they can do the rest from their phones, which made the process easier, and gave people the opportunity to have bidding wars right from their seats! Bidders can also get a Stripe link and checkout at their seats, making the end of the auction much easier and less stressful. The AccelEvents customer service is also fantastic. Jon and Zach were online every single time I logged in and replied within minutes. They’d be very patient and ready to answer any questions I had; I was literally able to efficiently message them during my event and get an answer almost immediately. Last, but not least, at $99 + $1/bidder, the price absolutely cannot be beat.

What do you dislike?

AccelEvents’ connection with a credit card processing platform was crazy helpful. It made check out much easier. That said, Stripe is a lot more technical that was necessary and it would have been nice to work with Square instead. Many of our auction winners were unable to use Stripe (their connections timed out) and there was no way for us to have a Stripe page (thru AccelEvents) on our iPads, so we ended up doing half our checkout on Square anyway. This could be avoided by learning more around Stripe, but it’s a platform created for programmers and was too advanced for me. While setting up my silent auction, I also would have appreciated more demos or examples of how my auction would look and work when it was activated. As a first time auction organizer, I was nervous about the process and would have like more tutorials walking me through the checkout process and what my bidders would experience. No doubt, this type of support is something AccelEvents already has in the works.

AccelEvents gave use the ability to hold a Silent Auction efficiently and successfully!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Accelevents Mobile Auctions
Accelevents review by <span>Susan C.</span>
Susan C.

Perfect Partner for Our Event

What do you like best?

The easy to use platform and the customer service

What do you dislike?

I was truly happy with everything. What I dislike is this particular g2crowd review platform. It's a pain in the ass and if you guys were not so wonderful I would have bailed. It's wayyyyyyy toooo long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was fantastic.

Boston Cancer Support hosted a fantastic event that exceeded our expectations. Accelevents was the perfect partner to host our silent auction. No more hovering around an item, giving rival bidders awkward looks! The smartphone app was the perfect solution. In fact, the event was being hosted in Boston, and one of the auction winners was actually on vacation in Vietnam! Talk about leveling the playing field for a silent auction! My last comment was that the customer service was beyond what I could have hoped for. I'd send a question and get a response within 5 minutes no matter what day of the week or time of night. Do these people EVER SLEEP?? Thank you Accelevents. We will look forward to working with you again! -Susan Chaityn Lebovits, Executive Director, Boston Cancer Support.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

Accelevents review by <span>Wanda T.</span>
Wanda T.

Small non-profit had big returns using this Silent Auction program

What do you like best?

The only work involved is uploading pictures and writing descriptions. They even format those in a printable version. Silent auction ending is usually CHAOS. Not with this. People pay; you see they paid and give them their item.

What do you dislike?

Had to really think to find something I disliked and all I could come up with is the "Metro" look/font. Very difficult to see when projected on a screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very low cost solution worth every penny for a non-profit

Our event is 6 hours. It's difficult to keep people there for the end of a silent auction. This totally eliminates that problem because they can keep bidding when they are doing other things at the event.

Accelevents review by <span>Fran R.</span>
Fran R.

Successful collaborative art auction fundraiser, because of an Excellent 24/7 Support Team!

What do you like best?

This was my first time coordinating an online Mobile Silent Art Auction collaborative fundraiser. Most of our collaborative confidence, in the possibility of a successful fundraiser, in spite of my inexperience, came from the incredible 24/7 excellent AccelEvents support team.

The buyers bidding on the art especially liked the efficiency of being able to view and select their choice of paintings online. Even the buyers who took the time to come to the in-person art show on the first or last day of our 7-day online art auction, came with a list of their selections from the paintings they had seen online.

We liked having the opportunity in our collaborative fundraiser, to introduce each collaborator, with logos, pictures, videos, and their website, as well as sharing more information about our collaborative theme of “Forests."

What do you dislike?

I didn't enjoy my inner fear level, caused by my inexperience. An animated tutorial or an introduction to local people who have already used this software (possibly a Meetup.com group of people), walking me through all the steps might have helped to both lower my awkward beginner's fear-level of being so inexperienced, and also more rapidly increased my ability level. This might have helped me to reduce the number of questions I asked the awesome AccelEvents team, even though their team would still be needed.

Our Topic-Talk Walks (TTW) group is NOT a business. TTW is a social networking group on Meetup.com. TTW collaborates with other individuals and organizations toward science edutainment goals. For this Mobile Silent Art Auction, the “business problems” were actually collaborative challenges of having a very short time frame of less than one month to coordinate this Mobile Silent Art Auction. We like the fact that even though our auction is over, we can continue to use our auction’s link to share our online description of our collaborative theme of “Forests” and each collaborator’s logo and link (https://www.accelevents.com/events/Forests)

Our monetary benefits were a contribution of $164 to each of our 8 collaborators, plus additional money raised after the auction ended. Our social networking benefit was that we are continuing to grow healthy relationships with each collaborator.

Accelevents review by Administrator

Customer Service is fantastic!

What do you like best?

This was our second year to use AccelEvents for our online auction and raffle fundraiser. If you do event fundraising you now the first year is a learning curve and the second year is much easier. It was the same for using AccelEvents, much easier the second go around. While easier to use this year we still had a ton of questions and my FAVORITE thing about AccelEvents is the responsivness of Zach and Jon! I'm not sure these guys sleep. I get to work early in the morning and if I live chatted or emailed them they ALWYAS responsded within a few minutes. There were a few times I messaged at night and got the same quick response. Their customer service will keep us coming back. I would recommend AccelEvents if considering doing an online auction!

What do you dislike?

We sell several expierences and last year we did used the ticketing option which didn't work well for our purposes so this year we put the expierences in the auction and it wasn't the best option either. We are still brainstroming how to sell our expierences within the AccelEvents system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend using AccelEvents for your event. Their customer service is top notch.

We use AccelEvents to fundraise.

Accelevents review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

Accelevents helps us break fundraising goals

What do you like best?

Accelevents allows for higher fundraising and an easily facilitated silent auction. The time and money that we used to invest in creating frames, bid sheets, pens, etc to run an old fashion silent auction is astonishing. Accelevents takes the silent auction process and makes it easier, more efficient, and more exciting for guests.

What do you dislike?

We have a target market of individuals who are not as attached to their phones as younger people may be. Since we have been in existence since 1995 it is hard to make changes to our practices. Some people were confused by the text to bid silent auction, and wanted to have the option to write with the pen and paper. The only trouble for us is getting our donors used to using the new system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes the silent auction process much easier!

We are able to have a more successful silent auction with less hardship on the staff. In particular, the silent auction check out process has become much easier and it is so nice that the guests that win receive a text, because we never had a way to notify them that they won in the past.

Learning about Accelevents Mobile Auctions?

* We monitor all Accelevents Mobile Auctions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.