Accelo

Manage your entire business from one simple place. From prospect to payment, automate your processes and gain the visibility you need to grow your business.

Work for Accelo?

Learning about Accelo?

Accelo Reviews

Showing 74 Accelo reviews
Accelo review by Mina T.
Mina T.

"Excellent for agencies!"

What do you like best?

Accelo is a strong tool which has extensive customizations to support the typical agency value stream - from lead to sale to contract to project to loyalty.

The triggers and progressions make it fairly easy to automate your work where you can and support your team through the software.

The support is always quick to respond and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Big tool to set up and maintain. Perfect functionality if you have a consistent workflow, but difficult to adopt for some project variability (although theres a lot of great features for dynamic projects and changes in projects).

Although the automations are great for what they do - some core improvements can make the automations extra useful for non-developers (ex. the triggers and automations work well 'within' and object, but to trigger and action / event outside of an object your have to usually play around a lot with custom fields.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the extra time to set it up the right way and it will do exactly what your company needs.

Set yourself lots of fail-safe automations to catch when things are not going as you intended.

We were looking for a tool to help us understand where our employees time goes - both on an internal as well as client level. With our data now transparent, we're able to understand and benchmark our profitability rates, our team utilization & capacity, our sales funnel, as well as what are the big operational costs of running our agency that require improvements.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Accelo
Accelo review by Lucas E.
Lucas E.

"Robust and Customizable"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is without a doubt the real-time profitability dashboard for projects and retainers. With Accelo we were able to get a birds-eye view of projects and retainers and see how well you're performing as people report time or expenses. Also, our team achieved a mark of 100% of the time being tracked thanks to the many options Accelo provides users to report.

What do you dislike?

Two things: project scheduling and implementation. The project scheduling interface lacks the agility and flexibility you'd expect from any current project management. Implementation can take some time and requires training, don't expect to have a solution your team will start using out of the box. Even though this is a low point, it's far from being a deal breaker, you can build a rollout plan and activate modules as you're setting things up and training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a process, Accelo can definitely help you automate as much as possible and give you the insights you need.

We've filled a gap between sales, production, and management, making information available throughout the client lifecycle for all areas. In addition to that, we were able to see in real-time how profitable our projects and retainers were that helped us make strategic decisions with the clients.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Accelo review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Accelo Review"

What do you like best?

I like the automation after setup of how emails import automatically. The CRM tool is extremely powerful and integrates with a lot of other software titles I use like QB online and when I used QB Desktop version.

What do you dislike?

The amount of setup but it is not the fault of the system but just requires one to actually spend a ton of time to configure everything but one will face this no matter which CRM/PSA tool one chooses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent platform that will help simplify the inner communication workings of your organization.

The business problems I needed to be resolved was the inability to effectively communicate. I was always in a he/she said world until I was able now get a 360 degree overview of what my crew and I have said so we can now see what's been communicated and give a faster and more concise response to end users/clients.

Accelo review by Arianna G.
Arianna G.

"Lightweight and Powerful "

What do you like best?

We have used Accelo for a small and rapidly growing accounting firm. Here is a summary of our key takeaways.

Customizable. We found Accelo to be capable of accommodating the support of all of our processes. From our routing bookkeeping, to our tax season massive upswing, to the agileness needed to respond to ad hoc requests to give our customers the expert support they need- we found all of our needs met in Accelo. We have a mantra that we use often when it comes to our systems- they should work for us, not us working for them. After investing the time and effort to customize Accelo, we now feel that we have a product that works for us.

Room to Grow. As mentioned previously, we are currently a small accounting firm with plans for rapid growth given our rapid and ongoing increase in our customer base. Our biggest challenges, honestly, have probably been due to the time and effort to customize and learn the tool relative to our current size. However, we know now that we are using our customized Accelo that the effort that we have put into the customizing and learning curve have given us the security and capacity we need to safely sustain our current and future growth for a long time to come.

Lightweight. Given my experience in other businesses with other systems- some 'off the shelf' and some 'built from scratch'- I was won over with Accelo. With other off the shelf programs, we were forced to work for the system instead of it working for us. We were forced into its processes, its systems, its way of doing things, changing how we work to meet the demands of the system. Our only solution was to begin building our own systems, at a great cost investment. Accelo is the best of both worlds- it is lightweight but highly customizable, making it a perfect solution for small, midsize or large organizations.

What do you dislike?

We had a bit of a misunderstanding on our end- we confused the sessions we purchased meant for configurations for team training sessions. The Accelo team was great about helping us adapt to our misunderstanding by making them productive configuration/training sessions. They took the time to understand us and our processes, so they gave targeted advice about how to use the fullness of Accelo features to support us. It was a great experience.

Regarding training all users in our organization, that fell more to us. It is understandable since Accelo is a customized system that training does not fully rest on the shoulders of the Accelo team. However, hopefully they will find ways to support teams who are not adept at adult learning/change management/user training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call Accelo. Tell them what you need. Let them combine their knowledge of the system with your needs, and give you a path to use Accelo in a way that works for you.

We moved to Accelo because we needed support for more secure and streamlined business processes as well as support to handle our massive growth and seasonal business increase.

Already, we have eliminated hundreds of hours from our processes, and have eliminated from our plans one new hire in the upcoming quarter! Invoicing our clients has already shortened from 12 hours to 3 in our first month alone, and we anticipate this will reduce to 1 hour once we gain more experience. We've also shaved dozens of hours from our manual processes, even though we are converting from a decent CRM to Accelo. Accelo's customization features allow us to use it in a way that supports our needs, eliminating lots of manual work.

Again, we are only one month into Accelo. We are still gaining in skill as a team, finding new ways to customize, and documenting our successes. We will try to update this review once we have had a chance to document all of our Accelo wins. Right now, avoiding a new hire in a small growing team is a huge win for us alone.

Accelo review by Monica C.
Monica C.

"Accelo para su negocio"

What do you like best?

Accelo es una plataforma de CRM muy funcional y ayuda bastante en el área de ventas y sobre todo si se quiere hacer algun proceso desde la prospección, el área de preventas, el área de ventas, y hasta el área de implementación, puedes agregar a también a integradores y proveedores, no solo los clientes, ayuda a ver si realmente los vendedores están trabajando, cada actividad se le mide el tiempo, hay estadísticas para esto, además de las estadísticas de ventas.

What do you dislike?

Lo unico que no me gusta de accelo es que tienes que tener la versión premium para que te puedan estar llegando notificaciones de las tareas que estes programando.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accelo es una excelente herramienta de trabajo en la cual como vendedor que soy me sirve mucho, ademas tiene la APP móvil para que la puedas llevar a todos lados y es como si estuvieras en el equipo de cómputo, tiene bastantes ventajas para considerar. Otra es que se puede vincular con Gmail, así que tanto contactos, correos y meetings se vinculan y están en ambas partes, cosa que es facil de utilizar para quienes manejamos la plataforma de Gmail

Con Accelo uno de los grandes beneficios que he visto es la comunicación interdepartamental, ya que se pueden crear proyecto y estar involucrando a diferentes áreas de la empresa sin que se pierda la continuidad del negocio, ni se tengan problemas por la comunicación, ya que puedes estar dejando notas,

Accelo review by Randall J.
Randall J.

"Great tool to streamline and manage all your projects"

What do you like best?

Accelo's dashboard allows me to see what I have due for the day, as well as what I have coming up. It shows me if I have any overdue projects, and allows me to add notes to each task along the way.

What do you dislike?

I like the dashboard, but I would like to see when a project or task is supposed to start and show how many days I have to work on it. As of right now I only use the deadline dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Few issues but great tool overall.

I have several clients with several projects going on at once. Accelo has helped me stay organized and on top of all those projects.

Accelo review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Good for Agencies, Best When You Follow Directions"

What do you like best?

As a manager of projects and teams, I like the granularity Accelo affords me. I can create a big bucket of work and leave it as a milestone, or I can specify the nitty gritty of a project implementation. I also like how I can create a task and give it a budget using a variety of methods--time or dollars. I've used other task/PM tools, but this one is geared well to agencies. It's complex, but that's good because I serve many clients and I need a tool that can keep it all straight. The steep learning curve is worth it.

One thing to note is that you may find that you will have to modify your business processes, such as invoicing, to accommodate the software's limitations. You'd think it would be the other way around, but no. You'll have to cram how you bill into the Accelo tool's capabilities. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, because if you use the tool according to the directions/recommended best practices, you may benefit from process improvements. If this tool doesn't fit the way you do your billing and service delivery, then maybe you could get on board with the Accelo way and discover cost savings and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

If your business uses odd billing structures like ours does, some kludging will be required. For example, we make a quote and then bill time up to that maximum. Clients are only billed for time incurred. Therefore, Accelo's "recurring" projects don't really fit us, because we don't really have a straight retainer model. At some agencies, it's a $X,000 per month bill every month. Accelo is great for that.

My other minor gripe is the project plan editing tool. This is clunky and cumbersome compared to other Gantt tools I've used that feature a better UX.

We've struggled to fully leverage all the things the tool can do, and we are still getting better with compliance and training. Our training sessions were poorly structured and ineffective, so we've had to largely figure out how to operate the tool on our own. However, tech support has been very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out how your agency delivers services and gets paid for them BEFORE you buy any PM software for your agency.

What reports does leadership want? What numbers will they care about on a weekly basis?

Be prepared to pay: Any good tool charges a premium for the features you really need.

Look at how Accelo does invoicing. It could be make or break for you.

We are able to have better accountability for each contributor. I can see who is accruing time against work down to the minute, and I love that. Our agency is also improving profitability by preventing over-servicing of accounts.

Accelo review by eholland h.
eholland h.

"Workflow heaven!"

What do you like best?

I work within a marketing department as a graphic designer and am solely reliant on my workload being briefed in by account executives. Accelo allows all of my work to be fed into me online with everything i need in one place. Task description, brief, deadline, time frame, attachments, previous correspondence, stakeholder and links to overall project details. The team schedule also works well as i manage one member of staff so it allows me to keep up to date with their workflow, timescales and progression on particular projects all in one view.

The timers are a real bonus as historically we have had to bill internal clients for our marketing time, this was a great tool to help you stay focused on one task!

What do you dislike?

Although loading times have decreased some of the screens still take a while to load or update. Predominantly the pending tasks screen. When you have more than 4 pages of pending tasks this screen auto refreshes which slows down the whole process.

When search for a client to log a task under - this is really slow at loading.

Creating projects is still a bit clunky. Especially when a project could hundreds of tasks assigned to them. I think this could be streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The beauty of Accelo is that it is so versatile it suits any industry. With some simple training, it's intuitive, reliable and accessible from anywhere in the world. I would highly recommend it to any business from small to large corporations if your in need of a Project management system.

Better management of projects. Accelo is the only single place where all of the team (10 strong) are able to keep up to date on projects and progression of them.

The timer function has enabled me to better quote on timeframes for future projects. This has essentially decreased the backlog of work due to better planning.

Accelo review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"The heart of the business "

What do you like best?

The ability to create a sale and send a quote is great but Accelo goes much further, it allows you to convert quotes to projects from a click, you then have the ability to drop templates into that project for rapid implementations of projects.

Its excellent how you can create triggers and make workflows that suite your business and how you want the business to work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that you have no reports, not options for report on tickets or send customers reports of the usage from contracts they have open or the ability to get alerts when contracts use up the time limit allocated to the contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great application, has everything you need and always developing new features which is great. This is not a one off product thats just been left, each quarter something new is released.

Centralization of communication without having to share your mailbox with everyone, its also given us a central location for all our notes in sales, projects and tickets which means anyone can pickup the current progress of anything in the CRM.

Accelo review by Jame H.
Jame H.

"Nothing quite like it!"

What do you like best?

This is a fully integrated consulting practice management system. In fact, it is so fully featured that we may be months from using it to its fullest (and we've been happy customers for over a year).

The seamless integration of sales opportunity to billable project or retainer is by far the most impressive feature.

It also helps to make integrated communications and time tracking a breeze when you connect with Office 365. It will suggest time spent on billable work based on emails, meetings, etc. that it curates behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

With the feature-richness comes a sense of being overwhelmed. Perhaps we could do a better job of turning off features for users as they're being onboarded so that they can focus on what's important, without being distracted by what is possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accelo implements new features very rapidly, but they also address issues/deficiencies with the same sense of urgency. They are also extremely transparent and engaged with their user community. Roadmaps are updated constantly and they solicit a lot of feedback from their users.

Faster time to cash, less time administering projects.

Accelo review by Will G.
Will G.

"Great solution for bringing all of our prospect and project management together"

What do you like best?

Having all of our leads and project management in one place allows us to follow through relationships with prospective and current clients, right from the initial contact to project delivery and follow up.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is quite high and on boarding new employees takes some time. This just needs the procedures set up but it does take resources in a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the time to put into setting Accelo up with all your processes it is well worth the effort and makes things run very smoothly.

We are a small company without a dedicated business development of sales team. Accelo really helps with keeping on top of new leads and following them through to project setup and delivery. As the Principal in this it has allowed me to be much more in touch of when leads are being neglected or projects are stagnating.

In addition, the time keeping functions allow us to bull approximately 10% more hours, just by keeping better logs

Accelo review by Oscar L.
Oscar L.

"A great tool!"

What do you like best?

I like Accelo because it's a great and flexible tool for managing projects and the progress of those projects. This is of very big help for companies that wants to keep track of how things are going and to have an good overview of budgets regarding specific project.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've experienced that could need some improvement is that the scenario where you want to paste or write an email address in "Add Activity" -> "Send an Email" the email address disappears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a web based tool that is easy to access and will help the development and effectivity of your company and also be able to handle invoices. Then Accelo is the thing for you!

I am working as a project manager for a web agency in the e-commerce business and using Accelo to handle the projects are great. Th greatest benefit is that I can assign specific tasks within projects to the person I want working on it. In addition to that I get a notification on my email whenever someone has made some kind of contribution to any project that I am involved in. This makes it easy to see the progress and perhaps follow up on that contribution with potential questions.

Accelo review by Bradley S.
Bradley S.

"I live in this 8 hours a day... here's what I have to say"

What do you like best?

I like the ability I have to manage my own tickets and while also being able to track my teams progress as well. The automation features really help cut down on time spent on writing responses and helps to deliver good service to our end users.

The ability to search past tickets seemingly from the beginning of our service with is insanely helpful when trying to remember back what I did to resolve a specific issue.

The stream is also a great tool to see what the team is up to.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's web only. I feel that having a local app that looks to the online data would open up a world of possibilites.

I struggle with the fact that when I open a note or start sending an email I cannot reference ANYTHING on the ticket or site. The note or email consumes the screen. Being able to minimize that window or better yet have all the information on one screen so you can reference past notes on the ticket or review past responses and details in previous emails. Currently it's painful to do and it is hands down my least favorite aspect of the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you take time to look at how this system notifies you and what it notifies you of. If you're not careful you can be literally bombarded with information in your email account.

We use Accelo solely for a service ticket platform. It is where our service team works everyday. We track our time here we use it as a crm as well.

Once I became accustomed to how the search functionality works this was been the single best tool we have at our disposal. Being able to quickly reference old notes and tickets is critical to resolving issues and looking professional.

The timers are immensely useful. It helps keep you honest and makes you realize how much time you spend on specific issues. These timers help us determine how long it should take to perform a certain task - Thereby helping us scale up as a business.

Accelo review by Craig H.
Craig H.

"Most feature packed project management tool we could find"

What do you like best?

With Accelo everything is all in the one place: CRM, Email Communication, Project Management, Support Ticketing, Invoicing, Retainers, etc. and it also integrates with our other tools (Xero, MailChimp) and when there isn't an integration there is the API which covers 90% of the product. It's the only product we found that did everything well.

Interface is clean and easy to use (although has a bit of a learning curve - mostly due to the HUGE amount of features and multiple ways to get things done).

Support is responsive and when something doesn't work they are quick to rectify.

What do you dislike?

The automatic scheduling is a little inflexible and favours distributing work across multiple work days rather than in one solid block.

The API doesn't cover retainers. We have almost 800 subscriptions from a previous product that we can't import.

The product is pretty expensive when compared to competitors - even for all the functions it provides.

Reports are limited to what is provided and filtering of tables. Would be great to be able to build more complicated reports across different record types.

Xero integration is great but doesn't track custom columns in invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to make use of the free trial and thoroughly test all features. The system is flexible enough that there are multiple ways to do things (which may be confusing at first) so make sure that the way Accelo works is the way your workflows are.

Our whole business now runs on Accelo. From sales leads (CRM) through to project management and invoicing. We are now able to track projects through one system from lead to completion and measure profitability and manage staff time.

Accelo review by Tammie N.
Tammie N.

"One stop - covers all of your bases"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that you can have all of your management features under one roof. It's so helpful to be able to have all of the core 'mechanics' together. I also like there are multiple ways to get the information you are looking for and manage the in-coming and out-going information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the client area. It could be great to get them connected, but it's not quite at the caliber of the rest of the system. It would be awesome to be able to have clients log in to their area and see hours that have been used over-all, or approximate billing for the month/usage at a glance instead of only task by task. It would also be awesome to be able to assign a task to a client when they are meant to give you items for their tasks so that we can keep tabs on what is still required from them - and keep the flow in check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn a module at a time if you choose to use more than one or go with the all inclusive. There are a lot of things in the back and it can get overwhelming very quickly. We have been using the system for almost a year and still have not learned all of it yet. Going through one at a time if you are able is a great way to learn all the features and make sure that you are set up right the first time instead of trying to find things later.

I have searched for years for a great project management system, client management, invoicing - all in one place. When I stumbled upon Accelo (then Affinity) I realized that they way my business was structured, what I needed was a great ticketing solution - that I could bill directly from. This was a godsend to me and suddenly all the unbilled hours for emails on tasks, and tracking each ticket/ task was a piece of cake and my revenue increased by 25% the first month. When we added on the retainer and project modules it really pulled everything together and allowed for a much better way to keep track of everything, including client hours and invoicing.

Accelo review by Alesha P.
Alesha P.

"Userability Review "

What do you like best?

The ability to customize templates, and most everything about each component of the client portal.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a master-work calendar page. It would be nice to be able to view a "master calendar" to view all of the active companies and projects planned on a calendar and in one place. Aka time-line of active clients/projects in a calendar form or master project view and maybe with project complete milestones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to stay on top of employees and entering time. So you know how long projects actually take.

Company organization issues within our company and in managing clients/time have been reduced, but the many pieces of accelo have been limiting pm productivity. Also keeping track of employee hours spent on each project has been reduced. Trying to get employees to keep and log time is a task and is still a problem since if they do not record their time when they work on projects/tasks the time is just not kept track of and is lost. Can there possibly be a clock in and clock out tab or feature that can be implemented with a simple sign-in in the morning and a sign out in the evening and plug and play withn task completion recorded under the users clock in?

Accelo review by Shane H.
Shane H.

"Accelo has everything I need, in one place."

What do you like best?

Accelo combines what used to take 3-4 different apps to accomplish. With Accelo, I can create client listings, store important files and communicate with clients, as well as create and manage projects, assign tasks, and create tickets to better serve my clients. No more bouncing between Google, Confluence, Teamwork, and Harvest. All communication and time tracking is done through Accelo. Having all of these in one place saves me time and makes keeping my clients happy much easier than before.

What do you dislike?

Because Accelo is a very robust and complex appplication, the learning curve is a bit steep. Figuring out how to create taske, manage projects, and communicate with clients can be a little daunting at first. Good thing Accelo has excellent tutorials, and excellent support people who can help guide you through the process of setting everything up and shortcuts to streamline the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep all of your client assets and manage your projects in one place. Communicate effectively, track time and increase client satisfaction.

Better project management, better time tracking, more effective communication with clients, clear project timelines, and more effective task assignments.

All of these have been a benefit to creating a clear communication from the client to the project management down to the staff working on the individual tasks.

Accelo review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"Good At Lots, Not Great At Anything"

What do you like best?

The platform has a number of serviceable solutions that integrate well with each other, and with Google Apps / Gmail. The onboarding options are helpful and support staff are very friendly.

The Retainer tool does a decent job of managing recurring tasks and commitments once you figure out how to use it.

What do you dislike?

Unorthodox vocabulary, modules operate differently from class leaders, so the learning curve is significant and that can impair adoption across a team.

None of the modules can reasonably be called best-of-breed - but most are still useful.

- The Ticket system is a far cry from Zendesk, but still good enough.

- The quote feature doesn't stack up to Quote Roller, so we still use QR for sales proposals. Accelo used to support integration with Quote Roller, but no longer does.

- We tried to get by with their Project Management tool, but everyone gave up. Now we use JIRA for major projects.

- We have multiple businesses operating in different currencies, so we reply on Xero for accounting, and Freshbooks for invoicing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial and test - and take advantage of the support options to get educated.

We switched to Accelo (then AffiniityLive) in 2014. We acquired another company that was using a different CRM and had to choose: Move their stuff to our CRM, our stuff to their CRM, or everything to a new CRM. Given the number of tools included Accelo won the day. We have benefited from significant cost savings.

Accelo review by Martha v.
Martha v.

"Save Time, Increase Team Collaboration & Transparency & Streamline processes"

What do you like best?

What I love best about Accelo is that I can easily stay on top of interactions with my customers. I check the customer stream prior to customer calls to get up to date quickly on the interactions, questions, and issues with my client. In addition, instead of having 4 different tools for CRM, project management, support and invoicing, we do it all in Accelo.

What do you dislike?

With any SW program, there are bugs. However the support team does a great job to reply to questions and help fix the issues. The screens are not overly intuitive. This is something I know the Accelo team is working on and it is getting better with each release. I also find that the time it takes to load a page when you save something could be improved. Sometimes you sit there for 35+ seconds waiting for teh page to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to setup and get used to, but once you have your team using it it is very powerful way to do ops in your company.

The primary benefit we have realized is that we now have a one stop shop for our customer, project, retainer, support, issue and pipeline. PRior to using Accelo we had these functions in 4 different tools. IT was hard to integrate them and it was especially hard to get data to move between them. One big problem that Accelo solves is doing invoicing in USD. Thank you for solving this problem. We also now have a way to manage our work tasks and categorize the work done and to do. This is helping us plan for hiring by identifying the skills we need to hire to fulfill the services we have sold.

Accelo review by Tim K.
Tim K.

"All-in-one system for Accounting/Consulting Firms"

What do you like best?

Liked how integrated Accelo is with Gmail, including how it suggests calendar appointments when filling out time tracking, you can send emails and meeting requests within Accelo and Accelo records the time in drafting the email, and that staff member emails sent to a contact that's in Accelo get recorded in Accelo..

What do you dislike?

As with any system that is feature rich, it is a bit complicated at first. You just have to carve out time to do new features each week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and test out your biggest pain points.

We also considered WorkETC and Krow. Accelo just seemed to have a smoother interface and we liked how well it integrated to Google mail. If we used Sales Force we might have considered Krow more.

The biggest benefits are time savings from being in one system instead of multiple and getting reports on staff utilization and client profit margins.

Accelo review by Chen A.
Chen A.

"Full One Stop Shop for your business"

What do you like best?

The integration with Google Apps emails, the automatic capturing of emails, the relation to the relevant client and the stream view which shows you a full timeline history with your client.

Also, it is giving really useful tools to manage an agency.

What do you dislike?

The task / tickets management lacks a lot more intuitive UI.

The JIRA integration needs more improvements and better synchronization (planned to get improvements on Q4 2016 as per Accelo roadmap).

A bit of slow performance because most of the UI actions are required a whole page refresh (planned to get improvements on Q4 2016 as per Accelo roadmap).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business depends on an hourly based work this is the system for you.

Do make sure to really try it and fit it to your needs and workflow.

Track of time logs across all the company activity.

Knowledge sharing across the team.

Ticket management.

Budget management.

Accelo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Beware - Accelo is Difficult At Best "

What do you like best?

The tool is highly powerful and has a broad feature set.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is so steep that even highly tech-savvy teams may quickly be buried in training and frustrated by Accelo's attempt to demand a new way of doing many of your business processes. For the tool to work as fully intended you have to email and do all calendar entries from the tool - yet it lacks all of the common functionality like calendar sharing, scheduling a conference room or GoToMeeting integration which means you either loose features of Accelo or you work with sub--par technology. The gannt chart is pretty bad and the UI/UX is behind times. They admit this. They also admit that their client portal is lacking and poor. I would never have selected Accelo had I realized the complexity, learning curve and the way it causes you to completely shift so many processes. It's frustrating and disrupts your business significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware and really dig in and talk to other users in your specific industry. The sales team will tell exaggerate the benefits and features of the tool to close the sale. Plan for a 3-6 month implementation period with at least 200 hours of training and hands-on practice. Most of that time is the later and know that it will be frustrating. The structure and naming convention for the tool is not ordinary and you will be forced to think and do things differently than you might think is best for your business. Accelo expects you to make significant changes in your processes to accommodate the restrictions or shortcomings of their tool.

Task management, time tracking on projects, dependancies across tasks.

Accelo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not perfect, but certainly has its virtues."

What do you like best?

After evaluating Zoho, Trello and a few other systems, we decided on Accelo to manage projects, billing, clients, and quoting. It's had about 90% of the things we expect; the other 10% we've either had to find work-arounds or figure out a new way of doing things.

What do you dislike?

There are some seemingly no-brainer tools that aren't available, like multiple checkboxes or certain billing tools. It has taken us a long time (about a month) to get comfortable enough to implement it to our entire team, so be prepared for a learning curve.

Prior to this, we had 0 project management. This gives us insight into where we are overdue, what's on the radar, if we're overbooking ourselves, etc. It also helps prevent small tasks from slipping though the cracks and being forgotten.

Accelo review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Amazing CRM and Project Management Tool for small and midsize biz"

What do you like best?

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business... Zero Programing with Coding.. everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

What do you dislike?

needs improvement in mobile app. need to provide better training on setting up when starting from scratch, even after paying for the full initial setup package.. still needed to invest internal time to personalize the tool to our requirements

Productivity

Client Filing and one stop shop for all our clients emails and documents

Time Reporting

Billing

Projects workflows (in our case, tax returns)

Accelo review by Jenna C.
Jenna C.

"Accelo is incredibly complicated - but has a few upsides"

What do you like best?

That we are able to track our time with timers and that I am able to generate good looking sales estimates very easily. This saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

In terms of sales - the potential sales dashboard data is not very helpful. Would not really recommend as a CRM or sales pipeline tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is probably best for organizations that are either solely service or product oriented, not both. This creates a very confusing experience for our teams.

Tracking time and productivity. We are able to pretty transparently see what individuals are working on.

Accelo review by Dave J.
Dave J.

"Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity"

What do you like best?

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

What do you dislike?

Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking.

Accelo review by Sergio D.
Sergio D.

"If you manage projects for a living - you can't manage without Accelo. "

What do you like best?

I love the backend thinking and planning that went into the congruency of Accelo. It is rare for one piece of software to be sufficient on many different interrelated fronts. They have somehow found a way to bridge the gaps between client communication and retention to staff effectiveness and productivity with the ability to bill your clients with integrity.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is the integration with Xero could be a bit more fluid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be overwhelmed with the back end, reach out for help if needed because.. Once it is set up you will LOVE IT.

Th problem I am solving is running my business on all fronts. The more I use Accelo the better my business presents, maintains and flows. It gives me the ability to truly be in control.

Accelo review by Pete S.
Pete S.

"SEMGeeks Loves Accelo"

What do you like best?

What our agency likes the best is the time tracking functionality as well as the ability to be able to see how profitable (or unprofitable) we are on various types of projects. As an agency that provides a lot of different services, that's an extremely important feature for us.

What do you dislike?

We don't have many dislikes of the platform, but our biggest complaint would just be not being able to create custom dashboards for different areas of the platform. It seems like for the most part, we're limited by the standard build of columns.

Accelo has really helped us open our eyes to how much time it really takes for us to manage a website or build a marketing campaign as well as which types of projects are profitable vs. loss-leaders.

Accelo review by Taryn W.
Taryn W.

"Accelo User Review "

What do you like best?

The consolidated list of sales and track record of each sale

The ability to detail your sale cost and Gross Profit

Easy to grasp

Easy search function for clients & companies alike

What do you dislike?

Unsure how to make emails confidential so that they are not visible for everyone to see

Lag delay on the system sometimes. Loading speed can be slow at times

The fact that you have to edit the sale in order to state the GP amount. It should be easily editable on the front page of the sale

Remembering what sales are in the pipeline as well as tracking your numbers quite accurately

Motivate me to do better as the whole team can see each others performance

Accelo review by Byron H.
Byron H.

"Accelo is our business tool for managing customers from sales, project management to billing."

What do you like best?

Accelo is rapidly improving and the support and development staff are very responsive to issues and questions. In the 6 months we have used the product, we have had multiple requests incorporated into the product and all issues we have had have been resolved.

What do you dislike?

Whilst the interface is very responsive, there are some aspects that are slightly more cumbersome than necessary, requiring navigating multiple screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the money and get Accelo to help with the onboarding and training.

For us, the single tool to see all our quotes, sales, projects and tickets has greatly improved our visibility of our own companies problem areas. Accelo has also made managing our retainers/monthly contracts with customers a much simpler process.

Accelo review by Consultant in Computer Networking
Consultant in Computer Networking

"It does a lot, but I only use a little"

What do you like best?

I mostly use this for creating issues and tickets, it does that mostly well and the customer support is awesome with frequent updates.

What do you dislike?

A lot of little settings like changing the date on an issue is simply non existent. There are a lot of feilds that may or may not be necessary that have to be filled before doing a lot of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good online software that I'm sure does a lot more than what I need that you may find useful. I guess I'm just using parts of it they would consider minor and those don't see a whole lot of improvement.

As a tech, we need to have a way to tell our boss what we did and have it on record for the future. Issues and tickets written by us help with having it all in one place.

Accelo review by User

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The integration with other softwares (such as Hubspot) make Accelo a great project management tool

What do you dislike?

I think, while still easy to use, there are a lot of steps, a lot of possible ways to track work that it takes a while getting used to. The integration phase in the business was slow, but I feel we will make efficiencies when fully up and running

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan for good training, and expect the implementation to take a bit of time.

More efficient project management, more efficient a costing projects/keeping track of costs, so essentially accelo is helping us be more profitable.

Accelo review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Easy Project Mgmt Tool for Teams"

What do you like best?

There is so much that I appreciate about Accelo compared to other project management tools. The task board/dashboard allows me to see tasks that are overdue, due today, and due in the future. I also like that project timelines can be managed via gant charts which allow you to easily slide and extend when tasks should be completed.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of repetition when creating projects/tasks. I wish you could simply duplicate a task and all its properties (time allotted, budget, assignee, etc). I also wish there was a way to see when you should START a project. The dashboard only tells me when something is due, so if it's a larger project I have to be cognizant of it and not rely on Accelo to remind me.

I work with several teams and this tool allows me to assign them to different tasks and set tasks dependent on one another so each individual knows when they can begin their assigned task.

Accelo review by Abbey O.
Abbey O.

"The way we work is now forever changed1"

What do you like best?

The best part of Accelo for our team is the Gadget. Once connected with Gmail, the transparency that Gadget has created allows us all to work more efficiently and effectively together with the shared information.

What do you dislike?

Accelo is not incredibly intuitive, and it has taken us a lot of time to figure out small details. We feel that it was designed with a programming-literate user in mind, but most of us do not fall into that category so we have had to spend extra time working with the software to get it to do exactly what we want.

We have greatly solved our communication issues and work delegation. With the ability to quickly assign or change the assignment of a task or issue, we are able to stay on track and get SO much more done. Where we once had to communicate everything verbally (and not well), we are now able to quickly send emails and notes as soon as the ideas are fresh in our heads. Everything is now in one place, and we can be so much more accountable for the work that we have to do.

Accelo review by Administrator

"moving forward "

What do you like best?

I really like one of your recent features which is adding expenses and converting into invoices. Also commission calculation feature is great.

Also I like you guys adding more new features and good maintenance and quick response. I am excited to see Purchase Order feature very soon.

What do you dislike?

There are a few odd things still need more attention. For example, when creating an invoice GST isn't default as Sales, so without knowing that an invoice doesn't get pushed to Xero.

The most dislike is not able to know projects/tasks schedules in one picture, so sometime there are too many projects/tasks or too little. For example similar to Gantt Chart style will be good to have a big picture for adding more projects/tasks.

Retainer should be improved, for example if current month's retainer not spent shifting balance of hours to next month is too manual way and taking too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better use as a premium user rather than a portion.

At the moment we are having some issues with employees not logging their timesheet, ended up not able to invoice to the clients. It will be good to have some kind of indicator for employees to realise they must add their timesheet every hour/day.

Also it will be great to have KPIs related to resources, for example if one employee's weekly work hours are 38 hours but logged hours are 29. So KPIs indicate that loss of hours that converting into a dollar values.

Also It will be great to print easily from any pages. For example, not able to print material pages.

Accelo review by Rob L.
Rob L.

"Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh"

What do you like best?

I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business.

I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time understanding your business requirements.

Set some targeted milestones, and allow for user emersion/early adoption before rolling out to the whole team.

Engage an experienced professional consultant to assist and guide you.

Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Accelo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Accelo - The best CRM so far"

What do you like best?

I have tried many, many CRM's before but Accelo has proved the one that provides all the different elements that I require to run my business. The setting up and importing my client data is straightforward and it has all the 3rd party integrations you could hope for. I now have true insight into how my business is performing.

What do you dislike?

There are no downsides that I have come across yet. As with all CRM and similar applications you only get out what you put in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an online CRM/PSA please give Accelo a go. Like all these tools it takes some commitment upfront but the rewards are worth it.

Tracking work done against retainer contacts and being able to provide this information back to my clients via the client portal. This provides a degree of transparency for my clients so they know exactly what I am doing on their behalf.

Accelo review by User in Computer Software

"Really great Support team and great little product...."

What do you like best?

The quoting process is simplified by having easily editable templates set up. We also have different currencies available in our account which makes quoting globally much easier.

It is easy to input your time in timesheets and manage your team's. Putting holiday requests in is simple too.

The Support team are fabulous- if you have a question about the product, their responses normally solve the question first time round.

What do you dislike?

In timesheets, weekly calls/recurring appointments seem to fall off the radar but I understand that this is a fix for 2016.

It would be great in timesheets if you've put in holiday/time off that it shows in timesheets so as to account for missing days of holiday/time off/absence.

Automating quotes - having templates pre built really saves time. You can also convert a quote from completed to a project once it is signed and assign tasks to your team there and then so everyone gets a notification.

Accelo review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Accelo - EMS Industry (Electronic Manufacturing Services)"

What do you like best?

Our management team preformed a fairly extensive evaluation of many different CRM systems. While at the time Accelo was lacking some of the automated functionality seen in some other systems, it was the email integration that ultimately sold us.

It's 99% seamless and makes conversations that might be pertinent to people other than those directly involved visible to all.

What do you dislike?

It's lacking in some of the automated decision based automation (it would be great to have more IFTT built into the workflows).

Recommendations to others considering the product

- If communication is key to your companies health and viability (think that probably applies to most businesses) then this is the platform for you, hands down.

- Overall visibility of all aspects of the business - customer interfacing, issue tracking and resolution, project management, everything.

- Anyone can see almost anything at any given time, it's light-years ahead of the gmail system previously used (still used, just using Accelo on top of it)

Accelo review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"Accelo Experiences"

What do you like best?

Ease of entering new companies and contacts. Email and chat support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is still developing. There's lots of features we don't use that kind of get in the way and clutter things up like invoicing, time tracking, graphical interfaces of work performed. For us, it would be a cleaner experience if we could simply turn off, hide or make inactive the features we don't use ...

Keeping track of all the people we meet that ask for our help! Nothing falls through the cracks anymore once we developed the habit of using it ... (apparently the brain implant to input what we're thinking is still in the works).

Accelo review by Sheldon H.
Sheldon H.

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

I love the retainer feature the most. I am able to easily setup retainers, their value and hours allocated to each customer. Most importantly, all projects and tickets feed off the retainer and remaining hours roll over each month.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that support tickets need to be manually associated with a retainer each time. There should be a default option per client in case you have multiple retainers. Users forget to do this and it wastes time when billing at month end having to allocate to all the tickets.

Support desk and retainer management. Easy integration with XERO saves time when doing billing at month end.

Accelo review by Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting
Executive Sponsor in Management Consulting

"Highest ROI tool that we've implemented in our business"

What do you like best?

Accelo's focus on Professional Services has allowed us to integrate client service, sales, and project management on one platform giving us a central place to get insight on what's going on around the business. Because of these integration we have are able to provide a more centralized customer experience as we scale our business

What do you dislike?

There are some features that the product still needs like bulk editing capabilities. Also some areas of the program are a little older and lack some a little bit of of consistency in design. But the Accelo team is constantly listening for feedback and making improvements on a consistent basis.

We are able to get a better perspective on what's going on with a customer at a glance. We have also moved a few systems that were disconnected on to the same platform which has allowed us to automate some processes.

Accelo review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Helped get work (and billing) centralized and organized"

What do you like best?

Not only is it easy to enter time, but the weekly timesheet report provides a great recap on all the work completed for a given week (and any gaps in time entry!)

What do you dislike?

There was a learning curve in how I managed time, which caused some frustration when setting up projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very powerful, but you don't need to implement everything at once. Start with basic project steps then, as you get comfortable, add the "extras".

Benefits: less wasted time in trying to manage projects and their billing via MS Project or Excel sheets; Consolidation of all employees' work in one place makes invoicing much easier (and quicker).

Accelo review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Accelo is a fanatic CRM system. It allows us to manage and track emails in one place. Highly Recomme"

What do you like best?

The Sales Component of Accelo is great. We manage 100's of sales at the same time. We can keep track of of the sales cycle efficiently with out having to print anything out. With every client at different stages of the sales cycle (a cycle being up to 9 months long) Accelo enables myself and my team to stay on top of every sale and minimise mistakes. Accelo allows us to customise the sales cycle putting checks and balances in along the way.

What do you dislike?

I would like to facility to print emails and change the text of emails. ie HTML.

Staying organised in a paperless environment. Email tracking allows you to capture everything that you and your team has communicated with clients. If there is a dispute we can easily go back and find the email regardless who sent it.

Accelo review by Jenny D.
Jenny D.

"Great for teams and workflow"

What do you like best?

With Accelo, it is easy to see the workflow assigned to team members so that way you know it may be best if a task was assigned to someone else. Also, the notifications make it simple to know when progress has been made on a ticket whether it be with a note or just a time entry.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if email replies included the entire history, all the way back to the original email.

As previously mentioned, it's great for teams and for knowing who is working on what and to help ensure no single person is overloaded.

Accelo review by Liv N.
Liv N.

"Flexible and intuitive CRM / PSA"

What do you like best?

Accelo has been a great solution for our company - we replaced our old CRM that was integrated into Outlook (but nothing else!), and have found Accelo has many functions that go beyond what we were expecting from a CRM system.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any major issues so far! The amount of flexibility / customisation available in Accelo has been just right for our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Good level of customization available

- Intuitive design

We have much greater visibility of all our communication with our clients. Additionally, we have found the sales pipeline features really useful to track opportunities.

Accelo review by Kasper P.
Kasper P.

"The perfect tool for an IT service company"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the automatic email capture and the ability to free text search anything.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice if Accelo has a clearer design line.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Accelo support to get started. Its a very feature rich product so it important to get started right.

Accelo has all the features we need to run all our business processes including handling of tickets, projects, time tracking, ressource scheduling, contact synchronisation and much more. So by adopting Accelo we have gone a much better overview of our business as well as we are saving a lot of time every day.

Accelo review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Accelo has been the scaleable solution for product management I've needed."

What do you like best?

Over all the intuitive nature of the application is my favorite aspect. While being able to maintain a high level of functionality is quite nice in addition to the ability to generate my client invoices directly from the application has proven useful.

What do you dislike?

I continue to have issues where if I create a task under the incorrect project, I'm unable to change which project it needs to be worked under without deleting it and starting over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot - I was able to do everything I needed pretty quickly.

Effective time management on projects along with budgeting aspects.

Accelo review by Thijs R.
Thijs R.

"Accelo is a must try tool when managing projects"

What do you like best?

The best part is you can easily log work without losing time. Afterwards you have a clear overview per project and you can review were you are spending too much time and are losing money.

What do you dislike?

I currently miss the ability to easily share timelines with customers. a website were you can see the progress and deadliness would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it for a new project and you will notice it will help you during and after the project.

By using this tools we are able to optimize our internal processes and improve our pricing were needed.

Accelo review by Brad  H.
Brad H.

"Super Stream-lined Project Planning Software"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can keep track of all your tasks in one place, and see what team members are currently working on or have in their pipeline.

What do you dislike?

The complexity of the platform. There are too many ways to do the same thing, especially logging time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great project and budget management system with time reporting built in, however it can take a while to understand and move around.

We can keep track of what time we spend on each client, and bill accordingly. This means that we can measure our ROI effectively.

Accelo review by David J.
David J.

"Simply brilliant "

What do you like best?

Accelo has become integral to the way I run my business. We use it for every aspect of our process, from logging a new client on the system to invoicing and reporting.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes for Accelo. Quite simply it's the best business software I've ever used.

Accelo allows me to keep a track of everything happening in my business. It's made me more aware of the time we spend on different tasks which has resulted in us being able to improve efficiency.

Accelo review by Amitaf D.
Amitaf D.

"A truly all in one business web application "

What do you like best?

Accelo brings all the tools we need to run our business under one umbrella. We can see and be aware of everything that is going on right within Accelo.

What do you dislike?

We wish it had a KB (Knowledge Base) system built in into the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with a team dedicated to making it even greater.

We have all our clients data and history stored in Accelo. The benefits is a centralized data container for every interaction we have with our clients.

Accelo review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"A great product and service"

What do you like best?

Accelo is a great system that combines everything you need to work efficiently throughout the day. It allows you to email, book meetings, run reports and invoice from within it's portal which enables you to stay in the same program for all your business needs.

It's easy to pick up and learn, but also has a great customer service team if you ever get stuck on anything.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downfall for us is the lack of dual currencies within the software which makes invoicing tricky for clients that are abroad.

Having emails and diary access as well as project management for each event has allowed us to streamline our tasks and improve productivity.

Accelo review by Administrator

"Small accounting firm reshaping client and employee experience with Accelo."

What do you like best?

Accelo has helped our firm:

1) Standardize our workflow on tax work. This via Accelo project and or retainer custom workflows.

2) Automate some tasks that would have usually required a manually follow up. This via Accelo Triggers.

3) Provide better client communication via a self help portal that can provide file/current engagement views. This via Accelo client facing secure portal with very customizable user permissions build in.

4) Wonderful integration with office 365.

What do you dislike?

1) Syncing with QuickBooks desktop and online works but is not a true bi-directional sync for customer information and invoice changes. Accelo is working on this thou and it seems to be based on a limitation from an intuit API perspective which is updated regularly. So we have high hopes that the sync will be a true bi-direction sync in the future for customer information and invoices.

2) Office 365 calendar, email, and contacts are flawless. Tasks are another story. This likely based on an API limitation based on outlooks tasks. We would like to see as a replacement a Lync with SharePoint as one possibility

Recommendations to others considering the product

The toughest part of adapting Accelo is taking a long hard look at your current processes and then making changes to better adabt to a professional service management system. This will cause problems with entrenched priciple business owners used to an older system of client and engagment managent. With that said it is important to understand in detail how your service business can utilize a service like Accelo with the support of management before moving forward

Specifically the following:

1) A bottleneck of open items and questions to complete tax work. By utilizing Accelo triggers - custom retainer fields - and Accelo work flow progressions we have been able to send automated email reminders to clients every week. This has helped clients follow up quicker and when deadlines approach removed the issue of "why is my work not done". Accelo is all about communication with clients we have found.

2) Follow up during the year. By utilizing the office 365 integration and the Lync with clients in Accelo a trigger has been setup to send a friendly email to those clients where communication has not been made for 60, 120 days. This simple email trigger has improved client retention as well as led to further billing opportunities basically paying for the Accelo service fees.

3) Improved overall work quality by forcing the tax professional both at the prepare and reviewer level to follow a preset yet flexible workflow that communicates with the client every step of the way. Accelo has helped us provide a more informed client experience with a better product/service overall.

Accelo review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Lifesaving project management system"

What do you like best?

You can keep track of all the team's projects, involve as many people as needed and easily move tasks around - it saves so much time and ensures nothing gets forgotten. Great for an overview of what everyone is working on, and easy to add new tasks and projects (if using daily).

What do you dislike?

No obvious prompting if you're behind on a task and this can delay an entire project.

Time saving, nothing is forgotten (we use templates for many projects), you can easily and quickly see how much time each member of the team has left in their working day. which is great for managing expectations across the company.

"New user"

What do you like best?

The stream to track previous correspondence and the setting /completion of tasks.

What do you dislike?

Any old invoices from previous accounting systems require a manual process of re-export - accept - credit note issue. Extremely time consuming, not user friendly and very messy for our accounting system to show invoice issued and credited when they previously been recorded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement as many features as possible the more you v-can train t=your staff to use the better the overall experience will be.

Keeping staff that require the information about our clients up to date with out a lot of additional phone calls between departments. Overall Accelo increase our companies efficiency.

Accelo review by Kym B.
Kym B.

"Great service and training "

What do you like best?

fast prompt responses and detailed training

What do you dislike?

we are very happy with the platform to date there is nothing that we are unhappy with in the manner that we currently use the platform

project management, clarity over project status

Accelo review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Accelo is a a solid professional services automation (PSA) product "

What do you like best?

Look and feel, navigation, simplicity of execution for non-complex workflows and scenarios

What do you dislike?

In our experience it's not best suited for complex scenarios, large scale users, or heavyweight financial processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your business requirements in detail before you embark on any journey with a PSA/CRM/ERP platform. Be realistic about both your current needs and likely future needs so you have an idea on if the product will work for you long term.

We use Accelo to run our services business on a daily basis (excluding invoicing). It's been helpful for our business to replace disparate systems for timesheets, projects, and CRM with the Accelo platform.

Accelo review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It's easy to see all projects in one place

What do you dislike?

The amount of emails that I get from it. Every time someone enters their time I get an email. Not a huge deal though

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for medium sized agencies

It's great for managing resources and as a project manager that's what I need at all times

Accelo review by Laurence W.
Laurence W.

"Brilliant bit of kit"

What do you like best?

The combination of power and useability.

What do you dislike?

The fact that tasks can't have individual unique ID numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get on board

Our communications are tracked more effectively, we are saving time collating business process data in one integrated platform and we hope to soon take advantage of the customer portal features.

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

The workflow is customizable and the team works with you to make your Accelo fit your agency's needs.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we can't remove modules which are not relevant to us, of which unfortunately there are many. Sometimes project and company screens can look a little too busy.

Improved efficiency & workflow and better follow-up for potential leads and customer issues.

Accelo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Full control merge with Total Automation"

What do you like best?

The fact that with so many variables they had to work with, be it our Support site, or the billing or any of our multiple departments, they have created a product that Is easy to use, easier to understand and easy to integrate i whatever your business needs are.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about this product that I dislike, It's AMAZING

Support Tickets, from my side only, bu then there are many more departments that also use the Accelo product with seamless integration

Accelo review by Leah D.
Leah D.

"Easy to use project management program. "

What do you like best?

The ability to see emails sent from collegues in the stream

New Invoicing Module

What do you dislike?

Invoicing module is still not completely simplified

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accello has made managing and tracking projects very simple, I reccomend you give it a try.

The Tracking of projects, is now simpler

Accelo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Helps keep a complex business organized and simplified"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that all conversations can be sorted by client, so that everyone can be kept up to speed.

What do you dislike?

There is a pretty heavy learning curve. Adoption of the product takes a significant amount of education.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to train your team from the very beginning.

We are able to observe time management in projects, set budgets, calculate profit margins, and stay organized.

Accelo review by Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Consultant in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Accelo has been a good CRM"

What do you like best?

Being able to manage and process contacts and leads.

What do you dislike?

The only other CRM that I've used is Salesforce. I'm still learning the ins and outs of Accelo but I'm impressed with what I'm seeing so far. No dislikes up to this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Currently using as a CRM to manage and process leads for a start up company. I've been able to effectively manage contacts and potential prospects.

Accelo review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Accelo is one of the only platforms that fits all of my needs."

What do you like best?

The interface, flexibility of business rules and ease of set up. And, top-notch customer service!

What do you dislike?

I wish we had the ability to add and capture streams from multiple email accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small agency with multiple projects from multiple clients. We have been able to lasso most of our projects and get a full view of where we are at all times.

Accelo review by Antonio F.
Antonio F.

"The best CRM and Project Managment"

What do you like best?

Integrations with emails and Gmail is what I appreciate more.

What do you dislike?

No availability of future task reminders. Task could be schedule and get reminders/

Inter department communication.

Accelo review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Powerful project maganent software"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to track all correspondence with a client and attach it to a job.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when I send emails through accelo, often the emails hon into people’s junk folder.

BEtter collaboration between team members

Accelo review by User in Internet

"it is half automation "

What do you like best?

actually it's common compare to Atlasian Jira as an end level user.

What do you dislike?

the timesheet using ajax to save data/log time, but why the summary did not refresh once the popup is close? why do we need to refresh the page manually? Liquid planer have better ajax and user response, thought they too complicated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Atlasian Jira

easy to manage resource

"Solid PSA "

What do you like best?

Large feature set and growing list of integrations. Development team seems to be proactive about refining features and introducing new ones.

What do you dislike?

Interface can be a little confusing at first but overall user -friendly.

Time tracking, ticket management. CRM

Accelo review by User in Internet

"Easy to use - does the job"

What do you like best?

The timesheet reporting is easy and fairly straightforward

What do you dislike?

There seems to be almost too many options

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good system - regular updates

It does make it easy to follow the progress of a job through milestones

Accelo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Moved to this from sugar crm"

What do you like best?

Easy to sync up with outlook and track emails and calendars

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to load in new accounts and doesn't always have the necessary fields

Makes it easy to track emails between targets and keeps those records in the accounts profile

Accelo review by User in Design
User in Design

"Good services and easy to use tool "

What do you like best?

Project management, control over budget and avoid project overrun

What do you dislike?

Editing previously lodged activities...

Budget control, easier invoicing process

Accelo review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Needs improvement."

What do you like best?

Accelo provides streamlined communication all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

Accelo uses confusing verbiage that is difficult to pick up as a company.

We had been using multiple platforms and repeating our efforts on those. Now, everything is one platform, although we are still learning as a company.

Learn more about Accelo

Accelo Videos

Learning about Accelo?

* We monitor all Accelo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.