Accelo

Manage your entire business from one simple place. From prospect to payment, automate your processes and gain the visibility you need to grow your business.

Work for Accelo?

Learning about Accelo?

Accelo Reviews

Showing 72 Accelo reviews
Accelo review by <span>Lucas E.</span>
Lucas E.

Robust and Customizable

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is without a doubt the real-time profitability dashboard for projects and retainers. With Accelo we were able to get a birds-eye view of projects and retainers and see how well you're performing as people report time or expenses. Also, our team achieved a mark of 100% of the time being tracked thanks to the many options Accelo provides users to report.

What do you dislike?

Two things: project scheduling and implementation. The project scheduling interface lacks the agility and flexibility you'd expect from any current project management. Implementation can take some time and requires training, don't expect to have a solution your team will start using out of the box. Even though this is a low point, it's far from being a deal breaker, you can build a rollout plan and activate modules as you're setting things up and training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a process, Accelo can definitely help you automate as much as possible and give you the insights you need.

We've filled a gap between sales, production, and management, making information available throughout the client lifecycle for all areas. In addition to that, we were able to see in real-time how profitable our projects and retainers were that helped us make strategic decisions with the clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Accelo
Accelo review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.

Accelo Review

What do you like best?

I like the automation after setup of how emails import automatically. The CRM tool is extremely powerful and integrates with a lot of other software titles I use like QB online and when I used QB Desktop version.

What do you dislike?

The amount of setup but it is not the fault of the system but just requires one to actually spend a ton of time to configure everything but one will face this no matter which CRM/PSA tool one chooses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent platform that will help simplify the inner communication workings of your organization.

The business problems I needed to be resolved was the inability to effectively communicate. I was always in a he/she said world until I was able now get a 360 degree overview of what my crew and I have said so we can now see what's been communicated and give a faster and more concise response to end users/clients.

What Professional Services Automation solution do you use?

Accelo review by <span>Arianna G.</span>
Arianna G.

Lightweight and Powerful

What do you like best?

We have used Accelo for a small and rapidly growing accounting firm. Here is a summary of our key takeaways.

Customizable. We found Accelo to be capable of accommodating the support of all of our processes. From our routing bookkeeping, to our tax season massive upswing, to the agileness needed to respond to ad hoc requests to give our customers the expert support they need- we found all of our needs met in Accelo. We have a mantra that we use often when it comes to our systems- they should work for us, not us working for them. After investing the time and effort to customize Accelo, we now feel that we have a product that works for us.

Room to Grow. As mentioned previously, we are currently a small accounting firm with plans for rapid growth given our rapid and ongoing increase in our customer base. Our biggest challenges, honestly, have probably been due to the time and effort to customize and learn the tool relative to our current size. However, we know now that we are using our customized Accelo that the effort that we have put into the customizing and learning curve have given us the security and capacity we need to safely sustain our current and future growth for a long time to come.

Lightweight. Given my experience in other businesses with other systems- some 'off the shelf' and some 'built from scratch'- I was won over with Accelo. With other off the shelf programs, we were forced to work for the system instead of it working for us. We were forced into its processes, its systems, its way of doing things, changing how we work to meet the demands of the system. Our only solution was to begin building our own systems, at a great cost investment. Accelo is the best of both worlds- it is lightweight but highly customizable, making it a perfect solution for small, midsize or large organizations.

What do you dislike?

We had a bit of a misunderstanding on our end- we confused the sessions we purchased meant for configurations for team training sessions. The Accelo team was great about helping us adapt to our misunderstanding by making them productive configuration/training sessions. They took the time to understand us and our processes, so they gave targeted advice about how to use the fullness of Accelo features to support us. It was a great experience.

Regarding training all users in our organization, that fell more to us. It is understandable since Accelo is a customized system that training does not fully rest on the shoulders of the Accelo team. However, hopefully they will find ways to support teams who are not adept at adult learning/change management/user training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Call Accelo. Tell them what you need. Let them combine their knowledge of the system with your needs, and give you a path to use Accelo in a way that works for you.

We moved to Accelo because we needed support for more secure and streamlined business processes as well as support to handle our massive growth and seasonal business increase.

Already, we have eliminated hundreds of hours from our processes, and have eliminated from our plans one new hire in the upcoming quarter! Invoicing our clients has already shortened from 12 hours to 3 in our first month alone, and we anticipate this will reduce to 1 hour once we gain more experience. We've also shaved dozens of hours from our manual processes, even though we are converting from a decent CRM to Accelo. Accelo's customization features allow us to use it in a way that supports our needs, eliminating lots of manual work.

Again, we are only one month into Accelo. We are still gaining in skill as a team, finding new ways to customize, and documenting our successes. We will try to update this review once we have had a chance to document all of our Accelo wins. Right now, avoiding a new hire in a small growing team is a huge win for us alone.

Accelo review by <span>Monica C.</span>
Monica C.

Accelo para su negocio

What do you like best?

Accelo es una plataforma de CRM muy funcional y ayuda bastante en el área de ventas y sobre todo si se quiere hacer algun proceso desde la prospección, el área de preventas, el área de ventas, y hasta el área de implementación, puedes agregar a también a integradores y proveedores, no solo los clientes, ayuda a ver si realmente los vendedores están trabajando, cada actividad se le mide el tiempo, hay estadísticas para esto, además de las estadísticas de ventas.

What do you dislike?

Lo unico que no me gusta de accelo es que tienes que tener la versión premium para que te puedan estar llegando notificaciones de las tareas que estes programando.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Accelo es una excelente herramienta de trabajo en la cual como vendedor que soy me sirve mucho, ademas tiene la APP móvil para que la puedas llevar a todos lados y es como si estuvieras en el equipo de cómputo, tiene bastantes ventajas para considerar. Otra es que se puede vincular con Gmail, así que tanto contactos, correos y meetings se vinculan y están en ambas partes, cosa que es facil de utilizar para quienes manejamos la plataforma de Gmail

Con Accelo uno de los grandes beneficios que he visto es la comunicación interdepartamental, ya que se pueden crear proyecto y estar involucrando a diferentes áreas de la empresa sin que se pierda la continuidad del negocio, ni se tengan problemas por la comunicación, ya que puedes estar dejando notas,

Accelo review by <span>Randall J.</span>
Randall J.

Great tool to streamline and manage all your projects

What do you like best?

Accelo's dashboard allows me to see what I have due for the day, as well as what I have coming up. It shows me if I have any overdue projects, and allows me to add notes to each task along the way.

What do you dislike?

I like the dashboard, but I would like to see when a project or task is supposed to start and show how many days I have to work on it. As of right now I only use the deadline dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Few issues but great tool overall.

I have several clients with several projects going on at once. Accelo has helped me stay organized and on top of all those projects.

Accelo review by <span>Angela A.</span>
Angela A.

Good for Agencies, Best When You Follow Directions

What do you like best?

As a manager of projects and teams, I like the granularity Accelo affords me. I can create a big bucket of work and leave it as a milestone, or I can specify the nitty gritty of a project implementation. I also like how I can create a task and give it a budget using a variety of methods--time or dollars. I've used other task/PM tools, but this one is geared well to agencies. It's complex, but that's good because I serve many clients and I need a tool that can keep it all straight. The steep learning curve is worth it.

One thing to note is that you may find that you will have to modify your business processes, such as invoicing, to accommodate the software's limitations. You'd think it would be the other way around, but no. You'll have to cram how you bill into the Accelo tool's capabilities. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, because if you use the tool according to the directions/recommended best practices, you may benefit from process improvements. If this tool doesn't fit the way you do your billing and service delivery, then maybe you could get on board with the Accelo way and discover cost savings and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

If your business uses odd billing structures like ours does, some kludging will be required. For example, we make a quote and then bill time up to that maximum. Clients are only billed for time incurred. Therefore, Accelo's "recurring" projects don't really fit us, because we don't really have a straight retainer model. At some agencies, it's a $X,000 per month bill every month. Accelo is great for that.

My other minor gripe is the project plan editing tool. This is clunky and cumbersome compared to other Gantt tools I've used that feature a better UX.

We've struggled to fully leverage all the things the tool can do, and we are still getting better with compliance and training. Our training sessions were poorly structured and ineffective, so we've had to largely figure out how to operate the tool on our own. However, tech support has been very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out how your agency delivers services and gets paid for them BEFORE you buy any PM software for your agency.

What reports does leadership want? What numbers will they care about on a weekly basis?

Be prepared to pay: Any good tool charges a premium for the features you really need.

Look at how Accelo does invoicing. It could be make or break for you.

We are able to have better accountability for each contributor. I can see who is accruing time against work down to the minute, and I love that. Our agency is also improving profitability by preventing over-servicing of accounts.

Learn more about Accelo

Accelo Videos

Learning about Accelo?

* We monitor all Accelo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.