AccountEdge Pro

Powerful small business desktop accounting software for Mac and Windows.

Work for AccountEdge Pro?

Learning about AccountEdge?

AccountEdge Pro Reviews

Ask AccountEdge a Question
Showing 11 AccountEdge reviews
AccountEdge review by <span>Stacie  S.</span>
Stacie S.

Functions as expected.

What do you like best?

The tabs for different functions make it well-organized and easy to use. We are able to use this in conjunction with Lightspeed, which is our main program for inventory, invoices, and statements. I also like that sometimes it just kind of knows if you're entering something in the wrong place and will pop up with a notice that says something like, " If you're doing XYZ, you may want to use such-and-such tab instead."

What do you dislike?

When you are searching for something, such as an invoice, if you accidentally hit "Enter" since that is how most search windows work, the AccountEdge window just closes out. You have to hit tab instead, which doesn't make sense and is a little irritating since every other search bar, search engine, etc. accepts "Enter," so it's a habit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm only putting "n/a" on the pricing because I'm not the one who buys it, so I'm not sure of the price or how it compares to other programs.

The main functions are so easy to use that, when I first started working here, my boss was on vacation and was able to tell me over the phone what to do to keep business moving while she was away. Also, with AccountEdge, we are able to quickly print reports needed for our accountant.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about AccountEdge Pro
AccountEdge review by <span>Taylor O.</span>
Taylor O.

Better than Quickbooks

What do you like best?

I love the streamlined process. I work with 4 different companies and each one uses AccountEdge Pro. It is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. It is hard to pic a favorite option on this software but overall i would say that the invoicing process is SO EASY. I can create an invoice, enter a new customer right from that screen if needed and send it within minutes of starting the process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the one thing I strongly disliked about AccountEdge, they fixed in the last software update. It used to be if you accidentally clicked the X out button you had to shut the program down completely. Now, after the update, if you click X it asks if you are certain you want to leave. That way, you can click NO and continue what you were doing instead of starting over. Great fix!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I HIGHLY recommend AccountEdge Pro. As i stated earlier, the ease of use vs Quickbooks is incredible. I think all businesses would give AccountEdge a try, i doubt most people would go back to Quickbooks after making the switch.

We do everything in AccountEdge. It is our little one stop software for accounting purposes. We create invoices, send them, write checks, easily create reports and even manage our website inventory right from this program. There are endless benefits. I found that Quickbooks was limited and even a bit confusing. Especially to someone who is new to accounting. With AccountEdge, you can easily learn all aspects of the software and without issue. They do updates frequently and are always making improvements. This program even makes tax season/1099 a breeze!

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

AccountEdge review by <span>Dan W.</span>
Dan W.

Excellent Accounting/Business Software

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Account Edge is a bit idiosyncratic: I've been using it since the 1990's when it was branded as MYOB and was about the only serious accounting program for Macs. (Remember those days?). Over the years it has grown into a far more sophisticated program than I really need, covering payroll, inventory, invoicing, mobile transactions and merchant services.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most about Account Edge is that fact that they do not yet offer an online version that can sync automatically with banks and vendors. That is definitely the next level for this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use this program, consider buying your checks and forms from them. It makes it dead simple to print.

I like being able to customize reports and print W-2's, W-3's, 1099's and 1096. The tax table updates on the payroll plan have been dead simple to maintain. The company is also quite responsive to customer service inquiries.

AccountEdge review by <span>Jeremy I.</span>
Jeremy I.

Best Finance Program ALL IN ONE!

What do you like best?

I personally use this program Account Edge everyday all day. You can place in Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, view Inventory items. So many things are built within this program. Our company also uses it to print our checks.

They aparently have a mobile app as well which i need to look into. So many benefits to this program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Wonderful Program!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an absolute must in building and structuring your business.

I am the Warehouse Manager and daily scan serial numbers into the Purchase Order History of each Vendor we buy from. Occasionally I need to search information from the Sales section and filter my search by date, description, client, etc... this is a wonderful business tool that will increase productivity!

AccountEdge review by <span>Sheryl C.</span>
Sheryl C.

Easy to Use Accounting Software for Small Business

What do you like best?

This software is easy to set up and keep track of your payables and receivables. You can assign job numbers to projects and then when an invoice comes in you can easily code it to that job so that when you go to invoice your client you can see what expenses were made against the job, add whatever mark-up you like and bill it. Also makes reconciling my bank statements a breeze. Very intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to separate personal from business (I currently use Quicken for my personal accounts). It would be nice to have an option to open a personal account within the same software program (maybe you can and I just haven't figured it out yet :-)

I have no need to hire a bookkeeper since this program makes bookkeeping very streamlined and easy.

AccountEdge review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

Pretty Good for Mac Users

What do you like best?

Fairly straight forward accounting program.

What do you dislike?

Changes/corrections are a challenge. Often one must have to undo several steps to make a change. This is done as a protection, bt after using quickbooks for a non-profit, I realized how cumbersome this is.

It is not easy to do several search things, nor is it easy to email directly within the software.

You can't delete customers no longer in business--only make the cards inactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the time I started, this was the best accounting software for MACS. If I were doing it again today, I'd go with quickbooks.

Helps track income and purchases and historic sales with customers.

Learning about AccountEdge Pro?

* We monitor all AccountEdge Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.