Accounting CS

Accounting CS puts your write-up, trial balance, payroll compliance, and client accounting software on a single platform, creating powerful connections between clients, information, and applications.

Work for Accounting CS?

Learning about Accounting CS?

Compare Accounting CS to Similar Solutions

Accounting CS Reviews

Showing 14 Accounting CS reviews
User in Accounting

"Great software package for CPA"

What do you like best?

complete software package, integrates grate with Thompson's Ultra Tax and Electronic File Cabinets.

I like that you can post to various monthly periods, an improvement over their predecessor Creative Solutions Accounting program. We just installed the program and I'm learning all the ins and outs, but so far I think its better than the older program.

What do you dislike?

right now the only dislike I have is that the tab order when entering Journal entries was changed over the previous program so I'm constantly having to watch what I'm entering instead of automatically keying the information (for example the older program you would enter account number, amount, description and this program you are entering account number, description, amount) understand it's just a matter of getting used to adding the extra tab but it will be a pain until I get used to the new ordering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for CPA firms, haven't had any experience on the client level, not sure that it is suitable for non accountants.

haven't really realized any bendfits yet as we are just getting started. but the seamless integration with out tax software and our electronic file cabinet are very beneficial.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Accounting CS
Accounting CS review by <span>Frank A.</span>
Frank A.

"An in-depth look at Accounting CS"

What do you like best?

Easy conversion from Creative Solutions (previous version of software). Very knowledgable staff if any issues or concerns arise. User friendly and offer frequent updates to fix issues and glitches with the software.

What do you dislike?

The program itself is a tremendous file which takes up a significant amount of storage on your hard drive. The program itself isn't extremely costly when comprared to other accounting software, however that is for the basic package. If a user would like cloud based service it will cost significantly more. It is a challenge to backup and restore clients and/or databases amongst multiple computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this software if you are looking for a user-friendly accounting software that will take your accounting practice to the next level. If you are trying to expand your accounting practice this is the software you are looking for.

Allows more transparency with my clients. I am able to interact with my clients and have them view documents and information regarding their business through this software. The frequent updates allow me to stay on top of updates regarding tax with holding changes and tax documents/forms updates.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

"Mostly good"

What do you like best?

The software incorporates workpapers for audits and reviews. This allows you to open up Workpaper CS and have the financial statements and workpapers up at the same time. This is the best difference on the update from Accounting CS to Creative Solutions Accounting. Most of the other features such as leadsheet codes and reports seem to be very similar.

What do you dislike?

Since all of the clients for the company are on this Accounting CS it seems to get slower and slower. When clicking on tabs it takes a couple seconds to load. Not a huge deal but if I had to give a dislike this would be it. However this can also get quicker depending on if your on servers, the cloud, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up correctly and it will make your life a lot easier

I mostly deal with the trial balance portion for financial statement audits.

User in Accounting

"Terrible Trial Balance and Financial Statement modules."

What do you like best?

It does transfer amounts into Ultratax.

What do you dislike?

This is the most unwieldy software to work with - especially the financial statements. You have to format cell by cell - not to a row or a column because it will apply whatever the format is in the top cell (dollar sign, sign change, for example) to every single cell, not just the change to the alignment (for example). Changing formulas, or accounts that link into it is a similarly time consuming and frustrating task. Most people in our office just override the formulas and don't worry that the amounts and words in the financial statements do not line up. We are too busy during tax season to spend an hour making a financial statement look presentable.

By 12/31/17 we will no longer be able to even use Creative Solutions Accounting, which wasn't perfect, but a lot better than Accounting CS. I guess we will just have to bill the client more, or I will use Excel for the financial statements until my firm decides to switch accounting software companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you mainly use the trial balance and financial statement software to produce financial statements for many companies, look around more.

None.

Accounting CS review by <span>Mike Z.</span>
Mike Z.

"Made financial statements worse"

What do you like best?

Only the payroll function. I only use these for payroll and financial statements. Payroll is decent.

What do you dislike?

Everything besides payroll. Transferring my clients from CSA is impossible for financial statements. Then Thomson Reuters has the nerve to charge $275.00 to fix the conversion process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use if you are transferring financial statements. I would rather call Intuit.

They have not solved any of my problems. Thomson Reuters is too big for small firms. You need to speak with thirty different people to solve one problem.

Accounting CS review by <span>Sarah H.</span>
Sarah H.

"Good"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate around Accounting CS. The different tabs are perfect and the same information can be accessed on the top toolbar.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike the most is the integration between the trial balance view and the accounts payable information. When you click on the payment amount from the trial balance, it almost never takes you directly to that AP entry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s nice how all the TR programs work together.

Using Accounting CS has allowed us to combine the business portion and the client access.

Learning about Accounting CS?

* We monitor all Accounting CS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Accounting CS to Similar Solutions