What do you like best?
1. Duplicates and Fuzzy Duplicates feature: This is an amazing tool that Excel probably lacks and makes it so easy to pick lines based on one or more fields being duplicate or fuzzy duplicate (can specify the percentage of similarity).
2 Other "Analyze" tools like Classification that eliminate the need to filter and delete in Excel - alll without requiring any script
3. Scripts can be set up with the company's ODBC database as the source for the table
What do you dislike?
1. While importing data is not that difficult, I often get errors in terms of the field name not getting imported properly for performing conditional functions like keyword search
2. Even if multiple spreadsheets have the same format, i.e. same header row, they all need to be imported one by one.
3. Running complex slows down the system making it hard to use other applications like Excel
Recommendations to others considering the product
Make sure you reach out to your company's ACL representative to get phone or in-person support for setting up scripts in ACL Analytics - especially if you don't have time to go through ScriptHub or the online training courses,
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Our Internal Audit team has used it for:
1. Keyword search in General Ledger data for Compliance audits
2. ACL Script for identifying Duplicate payments and vendors for Accounts Payable
3. Analyzing purchase orders with the same order number, issuer and date using the Duplicates function
Benefits realized are reduced time spent trying to figure out these functions using Excel