Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup is the world’s easiest and fastest backup solution for all your data, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.

Work for Acronis Backup and Recovery?

Learning about Acronis?

Acronis Backup and Recovery Reviews

Ask Acronis a Question
Showing 222 Acronis reviews
Acronis review by <span>Stephane L.</span>
Stephane L.

Most affordable backup solutions for a Small Business

What do you like best?

The best solution to backup a SQL Database, a File Server, and a Microsoft Exchange Server. It is very easy to navigate and uses a tree structure backup and restoration methodology. It is cost effective in upgrading annually. I've been always able to validate my backup which is key to a small business. The dashboard is very clean and shows your tasks (either successful or failed), has a one click to the log events, also the ability to see the time elapsed and statistics of a job, as well identifies your backup locations. You will never waste anytime in trying to find a backup.

What do you dislike?

I do find that the error messages are hard to decipher if/when a backup is unsuccessful. However, support is very good in helping out the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product. However, you should always run a test backup and double check to make sure that you are able to recover a file, a mailbox, a database etc. This solution is very easy to install and implement. Support is live (90%) and always delivers.

Solves the following business problem:

1) the ability to store a hard copy backup on a USB drive and store it on an off site.

2) the ability to quickly recover a file within a few clicks.

3) the ability to quickly backup a file.

4) the ability to validate and email a report to my mailbox.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Acronis Backup and Recovery
Acronis review by <span>Mark S.</span>
Mark S.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Amazing Product! Easy learning curve! It just works!

What do you like best?

That we can use the same software for internal and cloud backup. Easy web based dashboard with simple restores. Easy to see dash board monitor and with real time condition of jobs. Its scalable; the agents are smart and will send data to a variety of devices so you can have multiple backups running at once without any bottlenecks. All around amazing product for an overworked IT department without a dedicated backup admin.

What do you dislike?

Getting support is difficult at best. They are not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it would scale for 100's of servers. But works great for our 80 server environment.

We had Data Protection Manager prior and it was a disaster. It we have a problem with a virtual, we will start the restore to a new box why we are troubling shooting and be back up one way or another in less than an hour.

What Backup solution do you use?

Acronis review by <span>Frank B.</span>
Frank B.

Overprice and Underperform

What do you like best?

Everything I used to like about them (functionality, efficacy) no longer applies. I have been using Acronis products for over 12 years. I would not say that their support was always stellar but since you almost never needed to use it (because their products simply worked) that was never an issue.

What do you dislike?

Support, simply awful support for a product that no longer works as advertised (i.e. Universal Restores are problematic, restores in general now are problematic with 12 and 12.5 ).

I have had three support issues within the last 6 months 2 of them were simply left unresolved. For one the support person left the line promising his course of action would work when in fact it did not.

For the second it has been ongoing for around 4 weeks. It was finally escalated to a 'specialist' only to have the specialist ask me to do things that if he had bothered to read the notes (if proper notes were taken) he would not have suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have your technicians take ownership of a case and see it through to resolution. Get better technicians.

Disaster Recovery/Backup

at this point I see few benefits there are a lot of other more inexpensive solutions that seem to work better.

Acronis review by Consultant in Airlines/Aviation
Consultant in Airlines/Aviation
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Information the greatest asset in the world today

What do you like best?

Nowadays, access to information is of vital importance for society, companies and the general public. without a doubt we are dependent on data every day. acronis is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data under guard without compromising our connection equipment

What do you dislike?

One of the negative things about technology is the complexity in the use of software or software. In this way, the tools for protecting data and information must be increasingly simple so that they are available to more and more people.

Computer security is a vital issue for any organization or individual. In this way Acronis is reaching such a high standard that it is capable of providing solutions in real time. This type of tools is used in Williams F1 where it is vital to protect the data collected by your competitors. In any company the loss of information is money and time lost. for this reason we can say acronis is more than proven in the tracks

Acronis review by <span>Rajan V.</span>
Rajan V.

Best Backup recovery software

What do you like best?

Acronis is the best backup and recovery solution I have ever come across. I liked it's deduplication, replication and universal recovery function. It is a completely automated solution for backup in an enterprise environment. I have been using it to backup hundreds of VMs. Under the tools section, there are numerous options you can go through which I have never seen with another solution.

What do you dislike?

The only option I dislike is its support. They are not as good to be such pioneer solution. You will also get new SPs to assist you with your cases. Especially if you have recovery issues, you will find t very difficult to get the last SP to continue with as the process is not easy as it looks like. Premium support has some additional perks over the standard support bu their communication skills are very poor.

I am using ABR for backing up all of our VMs for continuous backup. It is a perfect backup solution. You can schedule backups to any day of the week and any week of the month with a specific time. You get notifications via email for completed and failed backups. So far the backup solution is the best in the industry for enterprise section.

Acronis review by <span>Marsha C.</span>
Marsha C.

Cost effective Backup solution and easy to use and provide ease of mine

What do you like best?

Data is the core of any business and for data to be secure is top priority of any business. being dependent on data and data being readily available is critical. What I like about Acronis is that it is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data protected without compromising your equipment that is running.

What do you dislike?

Data at time being critical you must be caregul of the solution you implement to carry out back and recovery as the steps must be simple and the data must be in tack and easy to use upon recover. Support is also important we have yet to fully utilize Acronis support so we hope this is streamlined and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Acronis Backup and Recovery to any organization that wants a true backup and backup that is easy to retrieve in the events it is need for Disaster recovery. I must say that the imaging solution is very good tool to use.

Backup and protecting our images are very critical to our business so we are solving backup and imaging and using Acronis to provide this solution to us. As part of the support staff in my organization that uses Acronis I find the tool easy to use and run the backup and imaging quickly.

Learn more about Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery Videos

Learning about Acronis Backup and Recovery?

* We monitor all Acronis Backup and Recovery reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.