Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup is the world’s easiest and fastest backup solution for all your data, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.

Work for Acronis Backup and Recovery?

Learning about Acronis Backup and Recovery?

Acronis Backup and Recovery Reviews

Ask Acronis Backup and Recovery a Question
Showing 297 Acronis Backup and Recovery reviews
Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.

"very good"

What do you like best?

PC management across the back up is very easy to used

What do you dislike?

is a little slow compare to another recovery but not much

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want an easy and in a good price use acronis for your business and your home if you have valuable information to take care. and easy way to configure Flexible RPO/RTO in other software there are a very complex way to configure this feature and most on the time you can't monitor this if you have problems with the backup the other think that i like of acronis is that you can use id either Windows or Linux with no much of a different or complex management. but also the scalability and security of a private cloud — without the cost and complexity. Acronis Disaster Recovery Service solutions address IT requirements for backup

my business is a small company and it was expensive to have a backup application that do the backup and the recovery automatic. so i was looking to try some different backup and this was very helpful i used ia while ago but only trial because my boss decide to used another one that is no really for PC. s more for servers and big business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Acronis Backup and Recovery
Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Terrific features make this backup utility a great choice, with some reservations"

What do you like best?

Acronis will virtualize your server or PC from the backup itself, which makes it very quick to simply boot up a failed PC or server that has this backup in place. You can also manage multiple kinds of backup jobs, such as cloud, local, and network, all under the same umbrella. Backups are encrypted, and have lots of options within the backup jobs themselves. You can also set up to run scripts before and after the backups run, which helps when you need to stop database prior to backup.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is slow and can kick you off from time to time. Connections to the website can also be lost. I think the website is the weakest link of this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through the trial. You get the best support during the "pre-buy" phase so use this time to really get to know how you are going to set it up. You do get what you pay for, in a way, in this case you get an exhaustive list of backup and disaster recovery features that are tried and true and awesome, but you give up a fast interface and support can take a while to help out.

Being able to back up Windows Servers and other critical PCs, in a manner that I can virtually boot them back up at any time, is incredible. This saved us money, too, migrating off of a similar solution that cost almost 3 times as much.

What Backup solution do you use?

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stephane L.
Stephane L.

"Most affordable backup solutions for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

The best solution to backup a SQL Database, a File Server, and a Microsoft Exchange Server. It is very easy to navigate and uses a tree structure backup and restoration methodology. It is cost effective in upgrading annually. I've been always able to validate my backup which is key to a small business. The dashboard is very clean and shows your tasks (either successful or failed), has a one click to the log events, also the ability to see the time elapsed and statistics of a job, as well identifies your backup locations. You will never waste anytime in trying to find a backup.

What do you dislike?

I do find that the error messages are hard to decipher if/when a backup is unsuccessful. However, support is very good in helping out the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product. However, you should always run a test backup and double check to make sure that you are able to recover a file, a mailbox, a database etc. This solution is very easy to install and implement. Support is live (90%) and always delivers.

Solves the following business problem:

1) the ability to store a hard copy backup on a USB drive and store it on an off site.

2) the ability to quickly recover a file within a few clicks.

3) the ability to quickly backup a file.

4) the ability to validate and email a report to my mailbox.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Amazing Product! Easy learning curve! It just works!"

What do you like best?

That we can use the same software for internal and cloud backup. Easy web based dashboard with simple restores. Easy to see dash board monitor and with real time condition of jobs. Its scalable; the agents are smart and will send data to a variety of devices so you can have multiple backups running at once without any bottlenecks. All around amazing product for an overworked IT department without a dedicated backup admin.

What do you dislike?

Getting support is difficult at best. They are not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it would scale for 100's of servers. But works great for our 80 server environment.

We had Data Protection Manager prior and it was a disaster. It we have a problem with a virtual, we will start the restore to a new box why we are troubling shooting and be back up one way or another in less than an hour.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Frank B.
Frank B.

"Overprice and Underperform"

What do you like best?

Everything I used to like about them (functionality, efficacy) no longer applies. I have been using Acronis products for over 12 years. I would not say that their support was always stellar but since you almost never needed to use it (because their products simply worked) that was never an issue.

What do you dislike?

Support, simply awful support for a product that no longer works as advertised (i.e. Universal Restores are problematic, restores in general now are problematic with 12 and 12.5 ).

I have had three support issues within the last 6 months 2 of them were simply left unresolved. For one the support person left the line promising his course of action would work when in fact it did not.

For the second it has been ongoing for around 4 weeks. It was finally escalated to a 'specialist' only to have the specialist ask me to do things that if he had bothered to read the notes (if proper notes were taken) he would not have suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have your technicians take ownership of a case and see it through to resolution. Get better technicians.

Disaster Recovery/Backup

at this point I see few benefits there are a lot of other more inexpensive solutions that seem to work better.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Pedro P.
Pedro P.

"Great for just in case..."

What do you like best?

Very easy of use is number one thing I like of Acronis Backup, then I like a lot that in a single solution I have folders backup, disk backups, full disk images and clone, multi destination options... So it's just not one thing I like best but two, easy but also very useful and versatile.

What do you dislike?

On some systems we use at work, I found that disk detection worked so so sometimes if there's a pendrive plugged in, it shows as a partition of the internal HDD and not as a different unit, so for disk cloning I ended always paranoid looking at the partitions just to be sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try for free, that's how I started using it, so give it a try and judge by yourself.

Well, it solved I can sleep comfortably every night knowing that in case of a catastrophe we can recover everything. This is also due to our backup policy but Acronis help make this policy work and always without a failure.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adrián Josué V.
Adrián Josué V.

"Acronis es una fantástica elección para Backups"

What do you like best?

Lo he utilizado en diferentes situaciones y se ha adaptado a todas ellas. Permite diferentes tipos de copias, restaurarlas, planificar las copias entre otras cosas y todo ello desde un interfaz a mi parecer muy intuitivo.

What do you dislike?

El precio, pero todo lo bueno es necesario valorarlo. A parte que la seguridad de los datos es lo más importante a nivel empresarial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sin duda merece la pena implementarlo.

Desde recuperar archivos borrados hasta llevar semanalmente o mensualmente copias de estos. La opción más interesante que han implementado es la de sincronización. En este apartado pude sincronizar mis archivos con otros ordenadores. Se pueden crear varias sincronizaciones distintas, además mantiene las versiones anteriores de los archivos sincronizados por si necesitamos volver al estado anterior. Gracias a esta opción pude acceder a mis datos desde cualquier dispositivo, incluso si no tienes instalado en él Acronis Cloud, ya que también se puede acceder desde un explorador web.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David G.
David G.

"Amazing program!"

What do you like best?

I have a friend that recomend me install this program to do backups easily and I'm very happy.

It gives you a lot of confidence that it is a program that has existed for a long time, if it is famous it is because it is so good.

Besides that it is easy and fast is that it generates a lot of confidence because everything is well explained.

Indispensable for important data.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I put is that if you download the Acronis True Image, there will be people who will not know how to make it bootable. I, luckily, if I know since I am a computer, and I recommend 100% this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do backups I recommendate use Acronis because is very famous and easy to do.

I'm backing up important data that I never want to lose.

The benefits are:

-It is easy.

-Is very good

-It's fast

-Is famous

-Genera trust

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by K U.
K U.

"Dependable version of ghost"

What do you like best?

it gets the job done both online or hot with windows running (something that I did not test because I didn't want to add more software to windows and I feel safer making cold offline backup images).

What do you dislike?

Offline where you boot directly from the CD is a little confusing. For example, while loading a laptop with software - windows 10, I made images through out as I added drivers, windows updates, etc. By default, the program looks for prior backups and adds a file for what is known as a incremental backup. Good feature but it should make it clear to the user to choose between incremental and full backups.

There were times when I was not sure what to click on - again the interface could be made more clear so you know exactly what to click on like a next button, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good product. Gets the job done, is adaptable to different situations. Somewhat of a lerning curve, but much more intuitive than 2017. 2016, 0r 2015. Also the ability to turn off Active protection within the program, instead of having to restart into the BIOS makes it MUCH more convenient to remov e past backups. Active Protection guards against ransomeware quite admirably. You cannot go wrong with this product. take it from someone who is a backup obsessive!

I'm a long time user of Ghost the corporate version where I make cold offline images by booting from a CD/DVD and dump the image to a separate internal hard drive or external USB 2 or 3 drive. The problem is my ghost v11 is 32bit and can't recognize hard drives over 2TB. So I gave this a shot.

First, the CD/DVD is bootable and can be copied and the copy boots and works fine. It even worked on a UEFI bios laptop but I had to go into the bios and enable legacy bios mode. It is a little slow to boot but had all drivers to recognize my hard drive controllers and even USB 3 external drive. It has a hot mode where a drive can bee hooked up after boot and you can scan for it. However, scan takes so long it is quicker to reboot.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Consultant in Airlines/Aviation
Consultant in Airlines/Aviation

"Information the greatest asset in the world today"

What do you like best?

Nowadays, access to information is of vital importance for society, companies and the general public. without a doubt we are dependent on data every day. acronis is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data under guard without compromising our connection equipment

What do you dislike?

One of the negative things about technology is the complexity in the use of software or software. In this way, the tools for protecting data and information must be increasingly simple so that they are available to more and more people.

Computer security is a vital issue for any organization or individual. In this way Acronis is reaching such a high standard that it is capable of providing solutions in real time. This type of tools is used in Williams F1 where it is vital to protect the data collected by your competitors. In any company the loss of information is money and time lost. for this reason we can say acronis is more than proven in the tracks

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Rajan V.
Rajan V.

"Best Backup recovery software"

What do you like best?

Acronis is the best backup and recovery solution I have ever come across. I liked it's deduplication, replication and universal recovery function. It is a completely automated solution for backup in an enterprise environment. I have been using it to backup hundreds of VMs. Under the tools section, there are numerous options you can go through which I have never seen with another solution.

What do you dislike?

The only option I dislike is its support. They are not as good to be such pioneer solution. You will also get new SPs to assist you with your cases. Especially if you have recovery issues, you will find t very difficult to get the last SP to continue with as the process is not easy as it looks like. Premium support has some additional perks over the standard support bu their communication skills are very poor.

I am using ABR for backing up all of our VMs for continuous backup. It is a perfect backup solution. You can schedule backups to any day of the week and any week of the month with a specific time. You get notifications via email for completed and failed backups. So far the backup solution is the best in the industry for enterprise section.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Marsha C.
Marsha C.

"Cost effective Backup solution and easy to use and provide ease of mine"

What do you like best?

Data is the core of any business and for data to be secure is top priority of any business. being dependent on data and data being readily available is critical. What I like about Acronis is that it is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data protected without compromising your equipment that is running.

What do you dislike?

Data at time being critical you must be caregul of the solution you implement to carry out back and recovery as the steps must be simple and the data must be in tack and easy to use upon recover. Support is also important we have yet to fully utilize Acronis support so we hope this is streamlined and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Acronis Backup and Recovery to any organization that wants a true backup and backup that is easy to retrieve in the events it is need for Disaster recovery. I must say that the imaging solution is very good tool to use.

Backup and protecting our images are very critical to our business so we are solving backup and imaging and using Acronis to provide this solution to us. As part of the support staff in my organization that uses Acronis I find the tool easy to use and run the backup and imaging quickly.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Aydee C.
Aydee C.

"Low learning curve thanks to its simple and intuitive interface"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility of connect as many devices and users I want. Our tech advicer is really please with the security features, because the information we manage is personal information about our customers, so, the encryption is really important for us. We really like the features it has and that we can look up the activities with have done with the every device we added and we really like that we can automate almost everything and we just focus in our customers. Also like how we can set roles of every user, so we can easily adapt our organization hierarchy.

What do you dislike?

There is not much complain about Acronis Backup and Recovery. Maybe, more features in the windows aplication and more user-friendly documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need the automation of your backup process and is really important the information you use in your organization, you really have to use Acronis Backup and Recovery, who also offers you security features and it can easily adapt to the need of your organization.

Backing up information of our co-workers is really important for our team. We work with insurance companies and the information about our customers is really important for us, because, let us give them a quality and personalized services. We can improve our offer to them, by knowing every customers and their needs, depending of the analysis of the information we collect about them in a year working with us.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adriana C M.
Adriana C M.

"Almost every feature I expected, has it and is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed using Acronis Backup and Recovery. I used it in my laptop with Windows 10 and my Android smartphone and tablet. It is a really user-friendly experience, I like the UI in both, web app and android app. I loved the features it has, that I could backup my messages and you can configurate every single thing in android smartphone. I find the backup management really useful cause if I have to travel and use another device, I can restore the information and continue with my work, and later, backup the información again.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I am a Linux user and you can not add a Linux device. About the first user experience, I would like to suggest to add some kind demonstration, it is really common to find it in android's apps to get the user to know the app and its basic features or maybe a video with the basic features. Sometimes the backup management console feels that it is too slow to load when you sign in or navigate between features. I would like to select what I want to backup from my laptop like in the android app, I think the windows desktop app needs improvements, because is not as complete as it is the android and the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to give it a try to Acronis Backup and Recovery and let them make the job, that we usually forget, until it is too late to backup.

Sometimes I have to travel and I cannot take my devices with me, but I do need the information, so, I find useful to backup often the information I need in the projects I have, in both, android smartphone, tablet and laptop. I find really userful backup customers messages. The only disadvantage I find about it, is that my laptop is that I am a linux user so Icannot backup this device.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stacey B.
Stacey B.

"Two thumbs up!!"

What do you like best?

I have to love all things mobile theses days, because it's the way of the world, so it's great to have a product that works as efficiently & seamlessly on the go, as it does sitting at your desk. The hard copy to USB is a must for me & Acronis has that covered. I can't think of anything they haven't got or is an improvement over other's I am using. So far, so HAPPY!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is my own tendency to change. I am hesitant to give final review, before a solid 6 month trial, but I feel Acronis has already earned it in my business & I've only been a user for 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having glitches of ANY kind with what you are currently using, you owe it to your mental health to give Acronis a try.

I am solving all kinds of back up problems, as our previews systems were way out of date & when we finally did switch at least it was worth the wait.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Miguel N.
Miguel N.

"Honest Review About a good Backup tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get is easy to set up and manage

Saving or sensitive data and porotecting important files.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kari L.
Kari L.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to things and it's user friendly interface. The amount of time put into this program to ensure that things are guaranteed to be covered/recovered is a great measure when factoring things in. I do think this program is a great competitor in the market for other programs of this nature and it's time all companies get into the nitty gritty of details such as this because we're developing technologically at a rapid rate and you truly have to keep up with all the new ways that hackers and people out on the web will try to steal anything they can threw your back door of your business and wipe your records out or simply steal identities and that can simply not happen

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I do not prefer or dislike other than the cost. There are a lot of details to this program that will take time to get used to using before understanding completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider this valuable program for your arsenal of safety for your personal or business needs

A huge benefit is the cloud backup service and capability of mobile usage to also access logs and issues. The multiple functions of backing things up and the amount of storage is a key piece to this program as well. Especially from a business standpoint where we're all running electronic devices from home/office locations in several states to keep our business running and our key employees connected is also a huge bonus.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"the information is money"

What do you like best?

The support you have with the information is unique and very useful. For any company this type of tools represent a guide and help with which you can do many activities and the mere fact of having acronis gives me more tranquility and security

What do you dislike?

other tools like acronis are very complicated when using them. which can limit the scope of users who use it. Acronis must work to facilitate the handling of the tool in an easier and more comfortable way. the applications must be more practical in their use so that any company and area can access and manipulate every aspect of the program.

The benefits acronis provides are very diverse. The support given to the information, and the security in the data of our company is reliable. This tool of support for our equipment allows us to work with tranquility and security that we can lose the information

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Rodrigo P.
Rodrigo P.

"Sencillas copias de seguridad"

What do you like best?

Interfaz y herramientas muy fácil de usar.

Se pueden generar copias de seguridad tanto en local como en la nube.

Puede ejecutarse varias copias de seguridad simultaneas.

Se pueden programar tareas antes y después de las copias de seguridad.

Soporte técnico muy bueno.

What do you dislike?

La aplicación web es algo lenta. Se pierde la conexión en algún momento.

Requiere realizar pruebas antes de hacer la primera copia para familiarizarte con los errores mas comunes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy fácil de usar y no es muy caro su mantenimiento. La seguridad de la información es lo primero y esta herramienta es básica para conseguirlo.

Perdí toda la información de mi PC de la oficina. Desde que me facilitaron esta fantástica herramienta genero copias de seguridad todas las semanas. Ya me salvó despúes de averiarse mi disco duro local.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Juan Fernando V.
Juan Fernando V.

"Back up your information comes first"

What do you like best?

- Easy backup and restore of information

- Backups are ready for Virtual machines

- You can select the type of backup and the days and hours of most convenience

- You can perform several backups simultaneously

- You can backup various types of operating system from a Linux Ubuntu, Red Hat, SUSE, Oracle Linux, Debian, or UNIX

- You can backup various types of operating system from Windows XP, Windows 7 or even a Windows Server 2013 or 2016

- You can centralize in one place all your system of backups of your different machines in a standard server at low cost

- Mature and reliable solution for your business

- Recover your information without having to be the same hardware you can even take your backup to a virtual machine.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not intuitive enough to find failures in backups or track logs with alerts or errors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constantly review Logs, Review errors in Acronis KB, Always verify backups and not make backups in the most compressed mode

All your backups in one place, segmented, classified and customized

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stan S.
Stan S.

"great for smb"

What do you like best?

Being able to take an image before testing installation options of new applications and being able to revert back to a known state easily and reliably.

Backing up unique machines for special requirements to minimise possible downtime on critical applications.

What do you dislike?

Semi complicated to setup. May different programs need to be installed. This isn't really a problem if you have a central server but to backup single computers, onsite and then replicate, this can be reasonably involved. Updates require updating several programs at the same time. Easy as long as there aren't any issues. Sometimes updates mean starting new backup chains. This can be time consuming if you have to replicate a traditional full backups to the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

proceed with the same recipe of great software

Acronis makes it easier to backup PCs to Network drives or even just an external USB drive. This gives us multiple ways to ensure that client's data is safe and will be available should there be a system failure.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"A Simple Yet Comprehensive Solution"

What do you like best?

Acronis has two things going for it that I really like. Firstly, it's simple to use. The options are presented in a minimalist fashion and you don't have to be a techie to figure out how to get it to do what you want it to do. Despite having such a clean interface the program is still powerful and comprehensive in its feature set, and techie's will like its advanced capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There is no explanation for the terminology. This poses little issue for a technophile, but the average user may struggle. For example, most users don't understand the differences between a "disk" and a "partition." Tool tips are always welcome features but don't seem to exist here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth the price paid. It has all the features you could want within an easy to use interface. What more could you ask for?

Cloning drives, and making sure that all of the partition information is copied. This saves a lot of time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Acronis is going mainstream"

What do you like best?

This is the only backup solution that has a complete feature-set for the whole enterprise solution. Restoring images to different hardware, and Virtual Machines, can save a great deal of time. This is especially true for engineers and others who spend a great deal of time configuring the PC environment.

What do you dislike?

I first started using Acronis 5+ years ago. I attempted a universal restore, and attempted to restore to a VM. Neither were successful. I then went to search for support on their website and found the options insufficient to solve by problem. I have just begun using it again. Clearly they have grown as a company and a platform. My hope is these issues have been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the videos, take advantage of the free trial, and test it out on your systems.

As a software engineer, a great deal of time is spent configuring pc dev environments. Acronis protects this work my allowing you to roll back, and even port to new hardware.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Painless & Reliable Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

Acronis backup and recovery has had a massive impact on our recovery solution. Bare metal restore from the cloud is a feature we have used the most, making recovery very quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

Cost of data storage can be pricey if you are backing up large disks. Only around 12p/GB but when backup up terrabyte drives this can be expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acronis Backup and Revovery has come on leaps and bounds over the years and still remains one of, if not the best backup solution available for SME. Very fast to implement and backups instantly available.

Fast recovery in the event of a desktop failure, daily incremental backups and an excellent cloud based structure has helped us to redeploy images and have desktops up and running within an hour.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"THE Go-to Imaging Software!"

What do you like best?

The ability to clone hard drives from drive to drive or to a file. One of the most common imaging tasks is replacing a failing hard drive, and much of the available drive imaging software fails when bad blocks are encountered, but not Acronis!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing array of different versions. For example, there is a version you get free with some new hard drives, there's also a Premium version, etc. I find it a little confusing. I just want to buy it and know it has the functionality I need. It can also be a bit complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and see if it meets your needs before committing or cancelling your current service.

I tried cloning with another leading product, but it failed. If there's an issue, in my experience it's because the drive is too damaged and must be sent to data recovery, which isn't Acronis' fault of course, or due to my own error. I am happy to know that Acronis is an industry leading product, and that's because it just works. Period.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Vishal A.
Vishal A.

"Acronis Backup - Amazing tool"

What do you like best?

We utilized the CD/DVD adaptation, not the server/customer variant.

It's quick! I would backup be able to a 500GB hard drive in 30 minutes and reestablish it in 45-a hour and have it work practically unfailingly! I like that we could reinforcement and reestablish from a neighborhood USB drive or a system share.

I do like that it's a linux-based boot circle as well.

The UI was extremely easy to use and made it exceptionally easy to reinforcement and reestablish finish frameworks.

What do you dislike?

When I was utilizing it you expected to utilize a CD/DVD drive to boot, it didn't deal with a USB stick. I expect there is a USB rendition accessible however.

I likewise disliked that if a disappointment happened the framework would simply reboot, it would not enable you to perceive what happened.

All inclusive reestablish didn't fill in and in addition I had trusted with Dell tablets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool and keeps your data safe. Recovery is so fast in boot mode which very less software does. It helps you to keep things safe.

We were using Acronis as a make shift imaging solution for windows labs and laptops. The reason we went with Acronis was because it was affordable and since I was at many different clients, taking a CD was easy instead of having to set up a PXE server at every client.

We were also able to have multiple CDs to allow multiple computers to image at the same time from a network share.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Pooja W.
Pooja W.

"My experience for Acronis backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

The way it backs up and Recovers the data. The speed at which it recovers can be a bit more i think. I also had other people (Friends and family) who is using the data recovery in their day to day life.

What do you dislike?

As far as my experience i do not have any cons or dislike. I love the way it recovers data and backs up the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The developement team did really well i dont have recommendations. The speed of data recovery can be improved in my opinion. The pricing also seems well actually. My company is very satisfied with that

I love the way it backs the data and recovers it. The effiecieny and the security is actaully good than waht i thought.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"acronis review"

What do you like best?

It backs up my data as advertised and easy to see what was backed up and can view the back up easily

What do you dislike?

When upgrading, it's a real pain. I have to know the serial/key again which makes it a real pain

Recommendations to others considering the product

backup your disk, all disk fail it's only when

All disk fail, it's only when. So it's important to back up my disk, I should do it more often, I used to do it weekly with an incremental every night.. I need to get back to at least every week again

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Amarilis Virginia H.
Amarilis Virginia H.

"Flexible and robust data recovery solution that offers more ways of storing and recovering drives"

What do you like best?

Very fast results, super-powerful and flexible disk and file backup program, complete with online backup storage.

The encrypted Storage are very secure.

You can backup and restore physical, virtual, cloud, applications, and mobile data.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be complex and sometimes confusing.

It's expensive, probably better suited to larger rather than smaller businesses.

No two-factor authentication.

No Linux desktop client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not the cheapest solution but it's definitely the most completed suite of backup and restoring software.

It's perfect for backing up data or system images in recovery situations or when a new system is being installed. Being able to restore from a backup rather than installing all programs and software and migrating data is a real time saver.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kerron R.
Kerron R.

"Easy to Use Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

The resource requirements of RAM and CPU for such a powerful application are minimal compared to other solutions. The rapid restore options are great as well as the ease in which one can perform data migrations.

What do you dislike?

Remote management is a bit tedious compared to similar programs, perhaps we shall see improvements in subsequent updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a flexible application which includes all of the features required to work with managing your organisational data backups and relevant recovery in case of any incidents.

Student Relationship Management system, storage and management student biometric data and academic history for Learning Analytics.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by JIMMY L.
JIMMY L.

"It gets the job done..."

What do you like best?

What we like about the software is the ease of use with this software. Acronis has a good user-friendly user interface and it is simple to use. The ease of use of this software is straight forward.

What do you dislike?

What we dislike about the software is the capabilities of the software. Acronis is limited in a few ways within our organization based on our environment and our needs. That being said, the software is not our main tool that we use for our entire organization's backup utility tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that future users should read and review all the information about the product to make certain that it is capable of meeting their specific requirements for their own organization because every environment is different. Additionally, I would ask for a trial version to deploy into their test and/or development environment before they sign any contract and purchase it.

The business problems that we are solving with Acronis backup and recovery is our backup and recovery issues for certain servers and business and/or clinical applications. Acronis backup and recovery software provides us the benefit of giving us a backup solution for our servers and applications.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Multiple use backup and recovery"

What do you like best?

I was able to restore a PC to dissimilar hardware and also continue to backup , like using it for critical PC full image backups

What do you dislike?

The full suite for virtual servers needs some tweaking to make it more user friendly, I watched a demo and wasn't sold that it was ready

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this to backup a Windows 7 machine to a bare metal backup. I've used it to upgrade from an old machine to this new machine (new hardware) and expect to do this again in the near future to move to new hardware again, we have a legacy application on this machine that is not supported beyond Windows 7 (had to make some registry changes to get it to work on Windows 7 anyway

Backup of critical PCs

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Acronis 2016 for PC works but could still be better"

What do you like best?

I've used Acronis products for years. What I like about their imaging products is that they just work -- when they work.

For the most part the UI is intuitive and fairly easy to navigate, especially if you are familiar with their product line already (their Server and PC versions are very similar on how they operate). Once the image is captured I always go back and make sure I can read the image by trying to restore a few select files. Every time I've done this the restore worked. Taking this to the next stop and restoring the image, it works too.

I have not used the product as a daily imaging system (backup system). I use the product as a disaster recovery routine. I'm sure if I was to implement an Acronis server and back-up workstations in a corporate environment I would have success with the product

What do you dislike?

The part that bugs me the most on this product is that even with the 2016 version, you cannot create a bootable recovery media that just works.

I've had this problem with their 2014 version as well.

The bootable recovery media creates just fine when following their instructions on how to do this, but when you actually go to boot off the recovery media, it will not work and throw you an error message.

I spent hours on the phone with the 2014 version with support just to go through a bunch of procedures to get a bootable image working. When I tried again this year with the 2016 version, I was not able to boot successfully off the bootable media. Frustrated to no end, I didn't bother contacting support because I simply didn't have the time to spend creating the recovery media.

If Acronis could get their act straight for this process for the recovery media, I'd rate my review higher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want recovery media to be able to boot from, be prepared to spend a couple of hours on the phone to resolve the error code that appears when you try to boot from a bootable recovery media.

I focus on network management and as such disaster recovery is part of the plan. Making sure that critical data is backed up for my clients is the most important part.

Across the board of all clientele, when it comes down to it a company can be without a server or pc for a period of time, but as long as they know their data can be restored, that is the crutch that comforts them and has proven itself time and again in the past.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Quality Product."

What do you like best?

Used for a number of years and really like the functionality and clean layout. Use it to backup multiple sites and gives a clear picture of what is going on in real time.

Found the support team to be really helpful when dealing with any issue we have.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

Steep learning Curve but once you learn the functionality and what tools are on offer it is great. Nothing in this world is perfect and always room for improvement but feel they are moving in the right direction and listening to their customer base.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial and see how it goes.

Backing up multiple clients all around the work with ease

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David P.
David P.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery Review"

What do you like best?

Acronis Backup and Recovery is a fast and flexible disk and file backup program. The system comes with a complete proprietary online backup storage integrated application. It also offers seamless integration for cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

Acronis Backup and Recovery has a complex and confusing interface to get used to right away. You have to be careful with the Included option to modify standard disk structures. There is no built-in virus scanner in the older versions so better make sure your data is clean before backing up, or upgrade to latest version. May not be the perfect choice for for small businesses or consumer market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the manual and take the company's training materials before you start backing up.

Our organization uses it as a powerful backup application under the control of the IT department. Training from the vendor was extensive yet necessary to understand and apply all its functionality.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Financial Services

"Full featured and best for users"

What do you like best?

It does incremental backups so I do not need to worry about not having enough space on my backup drive

It schedules when the office is closed so does not tie up the computer during the day.

Advises if backup was successful and if not, where the error lies.

I had a hard drive error previously on my computer and the backup corrects and does not bring forward any corrupted files.

What do you dislike?

Easier set up for people not very computer savy, and unable to express backup path correctly in computer terms. Program finds all it needs for set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obtaining Data Recovery. The process of recovering any information from a backup is straight forward. There has yet to be any issues with any recovery we've attempted.

Setting schedules for incremental and full backup dates/times. We need to run our backups at very specific times and the ability to assign different schedules for backing up various locations is very helpful.

User-Friendly. All information is readily accessible in a way the flows nicely. Placement of different option makes sense as you go through the processes of install, setup and everyday usage/maintenance.

We used for the server backups.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Great for Small to Medium Business "

What do you like best?

Options for backups including Fulls, synthetic fulls, Grandfather-Father-Son, and a hand full of others. Encryption of backups. Cloud availability for offsite backups. De-duplication both locally and transmission into the cloud. Able to backup and replicate nightly without the need of extra bandwidth. Able to set and forget with notifications. Notifications require SMTP account info but not a program like outlook to send the messages.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid product. Look for someone with experience to setup. Either backup locally to a USB, Network share, or dedicated server and then replicate offsite.

Solves recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives. Meets security with encryption and provides for disaster recovery if the primary site is destroyed. Customer does not have to interact with backups. Computes being backed up are able to connect automatically to their targets and cloud off hours and not impact users. De-duplication allows for extended periods of time to be protected.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery 12.5"

What do you like best?

1) Simple and easy to use system setup.

2) Simple tasks and scheduling management .

3) Friendly GUI .

4) Customer support and problem solving. Swift reply and focused solutions.

5) simply the best.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there aren't points we dislike that's why we are using acronis for our business and we still keep up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and see that this software can solve your backup problems

A secure and reliable restore solution for our workstations . Failure is always behind the wall and having a backup solution that can put your business covered from any faulty condition is a must have .

Benefits :

- centralized backups

- backup on workstations with easy to use recovery tools.

- no more worries on data loss

- fast migrations when changing hardware

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by James W.
James W.

"a must try for every occasion"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, great graphic, smooth and fast approach to data management and one of the best backup and data recovery out there. I highly recommend the scheduled backups function as it is very helpful to automate the processes to help you a lot with backup management.

What do you dislike?

I liked the software throughout my experience. I expect perhaps a longer trial before buying the product so that people could test more before buying the actual suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i would highly recommend to everyone in need of a similar backup solution to try this one.

It helped me with IT data fragmentation, recovery of old accidentally deleted files, schedule of backups and time management related to it, which you can imagine will be quite consuming.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in International Affairs
Administrator in International Affairs

"Back Up and Recovery Review - Acronis - Worked for us"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. We found the interface to be very intuitive unlike some other backup solutions we had used. I would say that the quality of support we received too from Acronis was top notch and we would gladly recommend it for anyone in the future.

What do you dislike?

Time for the program to search. We had a few instance where users reported long load times while waiting for files to be recovered. We had a lot of great help from Acronis' support team including by phone which made a major difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works very well, start with a few machines like we did. It took some configuring but eventually we found what works for us.

Network data backup. We moved away from a tape-based back to using Acronis and have been very happy with the product so far. It is much more convenient and we don't need to have an off-site solution anymore. This has cut down on time and cost.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Bruce S.
Bruce S.

"Acronis is a solid and reliable backup solution"

What do you like best?

Simple menu driven interfaces, total automation and scheduling

What do you dislike?

It's a little complex for the basic user. But if you're a geek, this is the one you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a cheap plug and play Backup program. But if you want to be thorough and get a full robust program that can handle whatever you need, this is the one.

The automated backup schedules are perfect. Set it and forget it. And being able to capture an image to clone a machine to numerous other identical devices is a huge plus.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing tool to facilitate Backup in the company"

What do you like best?

The best experience I had is with the UI interface, which is easier to adapt, customise and integrate within our company. Has an amazing Acronis Active Protection also.

What do you dislike?

Maybe there could be more feature built in. Maybe offering a better trial and some discounts to large organisations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Acronis Backup and Recovery as the primary back up solution, is an excellent software and nevertheless.

The best issue was the Backup and providing a Recovery management solution to our entire employees and organisation. The benefits are that allow us to implement fast, quick and in an efficient way the backup. We are relying on this solution. The costs are good and average to sustain.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Jesus P.
Jesus P.

"Sistema operativo en cuestión de segundos"

What do you like best?

La facilidad a la hora de crear copias de seguridad de particiones y discos duros completos, pudiendo guardar fielmente el sistema operativo instalado.

What do you dislike?

Realmente, no hay nada que me parezca mal del producto en sí, quizás el precio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo por la facilidad de uso y además por la agilidad que da a la hora de gestionar sistemas de servidores.

El principal problema a resolver fue la instalación en máquinas de iguales características de hardware de forma automatizada. Instalando una única máquina y pasando la copia de seguridad a las otras máquinas pudimos tener el servicio operativo en cuestión de minutos, con todo instalado.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Richard M. C.
Richard M. C.

"Acronis is great cloning hard drive tool"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use will make bootable cd and usb flash drive.

Among many other features cloning hard drives is what I use the most.

What do you dislike?

I hate its auto renewal program. The product is definitely worth it and I but it most every year but I want to purchase on my terms and schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an effective drive management applicator with excellent cloning.

My business trends to upgrade a lot of customers hard drives to SSD drives.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Paul Robert L.
Paul Robert L.

"Great software to use as a quick recovery tool"

What do you like best?

Program itself is lightweight and does not need to have a server to contact to initiate the tool. It is also easy to use overall.

What do you dislike?

When installing the program, it leaves of a "background" monitor that I have seen crash or slow down some PCs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some SSDs came with a usable license for recovery which will allow you to try the GUI. The program itself is easy to use, just be weary when finishing the recovery, you should uninstall it since it may give the PC performance issues.

Using this software to convert computers with hard disk drives to solid state drives. The benefit is that it is lightweight and licensing is no worry for mass usage.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"The Best Backup Solution for Everyone! "

What do you like best?

I like its ease of use, with its simple and elegant design even non-technical people can understand and run it. It has powerful tools for experts as well. I also like its many functions such as its cloud and local services, disk cloning, facebook backup, mobile backup to PC, and remote backup management.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, from the 3 years I've been using Acronis I haven't had any issues or complaints about the product. There is nothing I dislike until now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best investment ever!

It helps us keep our disk images up to date on a weekly basis. It is very helpful to know we are covered in that sense because we manage a lot of data that could really harm us if that was lost. Hard Drive crashes have happened to us before but there is Acronis to the rescue!

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Joshua G.
Joshua G.

"Great for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

Honestly, this is great software if your're a small business and on a budget. Other than the software, we purchased a small NAS and use Acronis in our daily and weekly backups on the 4 servers we have here including our SQL server.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dont like honestly, the only downfall I can think of is that its all software based but when you include a place to store your backup files, its wonderful.

Well it cut down on the amount of time we would have to manually switch out tapes if we had a tape system, with the software it was almost like a set it and forget about it kinda thing.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Acronis Recovery"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Full and incremental backups. Maintain at least 2 week versioning of backups. Daily email notifications indicating problems and/or health of the backup.

the ability to restore from backups across multiple times is nice. The ability to connect to cloud based storage locations is great.

What do you dislike?

Notification setup could be a little more intuitive. The full restoration mode can be a little more detailed in the instructions. Something to make disaster recovery a quick and easy process.

But other than that There aren't any features of this that I dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full Featured. Easy to setup. Workings with older drives. Backups up open files with locks.

disaster recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by JAKUB S.
JAKUB S.

"Intuitive and reliable "

What do you like best?

Reliability of the software -- whatever I do I can trust Acronis won't destroy my data, disk structure and whatnot.

What do you dislike?

Not all functions were covered (although I mostly used Acronis over a year ago and thus do not remember what it was exactly) and the software actually required performing more steps than necessary.

First and foremost Acronis was provided and used with purchased SSD drives to move working systems to these drives, but it also helped with efficient moving of any working system (and as far as I recall also creating an image) in case some new installs should be reverted.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Information Technology and Services

"One of the best Backup and Recovery Software"

What do you like best?

I like Acronis since you can restore a system with ease. You need just to create a bare metal backup from a device and rapidly transfer all the info to another device.

You can also extract certain files from backup without the need to restore all your backup files.

IT`s a great product .

What do you dislike?

I would like a more reasonable prices for home users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it with confidence, it can ease your work a lot. It`s a great tool for a system administrator. I have recommended Acronis to all my friends. It`s easy to use and always work.

I like to install a computer and then make a copy with Acronis then restore as a bare metal backup and in the end I have a full working computer with all the programs installed. It-`s great .

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by J. Douglas W.
J. Douglas W.

"Great product to protect your data"

What do you like best?

It allows our IT department to have optimal control over data location and backups. We can utilize cloud storage and have multiple options for data recovery; we can recover raw files as well as formatted data such as databases and off-line email storage.

We liked that it supported multiple platforms and devices, including tablets, iPads, iPhones, and almost all Android devices. Backing up VMware Microsoft Hyper-V hosts was also a huge plus; being able to recover them to dissimilar hardware was a bonus.

It was also very easy to setup.

What do you dislike?

We are not crazy about the support. We could hardly understand the technicians and finally had to just let them remote into our systems to help us. If they could do something about the background noise, that would help immensely.

We had some issues doing initial restores and had to contact support to facilitate the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product to get you started, but make sure you check out all options to make sure that you find one that fits your company and your IT department.

We needed a centralized solution to allow our IT department to manage backup and recovery from a single point-of-service. Acronis gave us the answer.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Shiva S.
Shiva S.

"Acronis : The Best Backup Software "

What do you like best?

The best data recovery software available to all the users who needs protection across physical, virtual and cloud environments. It helps in disaster data recovery and data protection needs. The new version of the Acronis recovery has been improved with its catalog data search, disaster recovery plan and it is cross-platform. Updates are really flexible and easy to download. The image created from a saved directory is compatible to read and recover the same on any system.

What do you dislike?

The installation time takes a long day and it consumes heavy RAM. The cost of this product is more compared to other data recovery products. Study manuals are really bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Data Integrity software. I recommend strongly for personal disk backup.

I used this product when I was migrating my laptop from one to other. It created a single image of my entire file system and I was able to rediscover the same file system on the other system.

Benefits: 30 day trail, easy to use, helpful for personal data backup.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by MA P.
MA P.

"Great Solution for Data Backup"

What do you like best?

Offers more ways of storing and recovering drives, partitions, folders, and files compared to other similar solutions available today. It is a very versatile software that comes with an impressive corporate level power and ability to backup, restore, and retrieve anything, ranging from individual files to images of whole drives, as well as its ability to to back up to any imaginable location.

What do you dislike?

Average Price. Complex and sometimes confusing interface. Includes an option that modifies standard disk structures.

I'm using Acronis Backup and Recovery in order to perform scheduled backups in database servers .

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Buddy M.
Buddy M.

"Very Awesome Software!"

What do you like best?

This has real time backup capabilities and can also encrypt your backup on a local drive or off site in their own cloud!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about this software. I dislike the buying options they have. I would rather buy multiple years than just buying 1 at a time.

The problems we have solved is having a reliable backup solution for all of our files on all of our computers.

"Acronis Cloud"

What do you like best?

We like the central management and relatively error free backups. The software can absorb network problems and reboots of servers in order to complete scheduled tasks.

What do you dislike?

That there are limited options for on demand virtualization from backups. The product can restore for a host and recreate a VM but that process takes time and also requires a secondary host, assuming a primary host was unavailable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need on demand virtualization this is the best product for the money.

We are backing up our client's data locally and to the cloud efficiently and cost effectively. Acronis is more cost friendly than most of the other products we have tried.

"Acronis Back Up in a break\fix Setting"

What do you like best?

We use Acronis in our shop, to diagnose, back up , & recover clients PCs. It didn't use to be part of our process and procedure, but someone brought it to our attention as a more convenient and accurate way of diagnosing issues, when issues weren't obvious.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that the techs have run into problems with is, once you create a back up , its sometimes difficult to mount the back up and find a specific file, Such as a .PST for outlook.

For some reason we had a real issue with that for awhile, I think its *POSSIBLY* been addressed, but I haven't discussed it with the techs lately.

SO many, as I mentioned before its MUCH more convenient, you can start your acronis and move onto the next job, and then come back to it. Its very accurate, and saves us a lot of trouble shooting time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Great Image Backup Software"

What do you like best?

Using Acronis backup for last 9 years. It works great and is good for recovering lost user work as well, image backup and restore are very quick.

What do you dislike?

Backup task will failed once in a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use. Requires very little continued administration once properly set up. Restoring backups, when necessary is simple as well.

We have used this to recover a folder that was accidentally deleted by a user. Brilliant and works fast too.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adelardo R.
Adelardo R.

"The last version need reviews"

What do you like best?

I was happy up to version 11.7 the new version seems to be a bit more complicated

What do you dislike?

The support has been a disappointment when I have needed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good sofware though I think the last version that still he needs arrangements, I particularly did not have good sensations with the support

I have recovered systems without problems in 10 minutes after there was a critical failure

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Simple yet needs more"

What do you like best?

It's a cheap product to camputer backup of data by folders or the whole OS. You now have the option to backup your data or OS image to the clouds in case you need a second storage. There's also logs for you to examine if backups failed and gives you an idea why it failed.

What do you dislike?

The restored from a bad drives takes too many process. You have to create a boot disk, load the source and wait for the recovery which can take hours...good luck with restores from the clouds as you need fast bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an affordable at to have an image in case you need to refresh or restore.

Cheap alternative with flexible than the built in Windows. We needed a way to capture images for a refresh and it does a good job.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Tu P.
Tu P.

"great backup program to make sure data is safe"

What do you like best?

ability to run over the night backup without interfering with my ability to work

What do you dislike?

large backup file size and sometimes it could be 3 Gb of data

Recommendations to others considering the product

great software to try out in order to have peace of mind that all your software and sensitive/important data is backed up and could be safely recovered in the worst case scenario of your computer crashing. Also you have the ability to do cloud backup as well, which is crucial in today's business world. I use this software for both my work and home computer. Could take tremendous amount of resources and slow down your computer when backing up files, but rather than that it is great software to us, I suggest setting up auto backup schedule to not interfere with your work schedule.

keep all the sensitive financial data safe without having to worry about retrieving it

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Reliable backup made easy"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind. Would be useful to backup bitlocker encrypted drives

Minimising potential downtime for some critical finance machines. This can save time and money and avoid possible

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David W.
David W.

"Acronis Backup review"

What do you like best?

This tools is easy to use, You just set it and forget it.

What do you dislike?

Still try to figure out with all the upgrade release , what should I manage the old backup data

Try to use the backup to clone another PC for recovery, and it worked.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Barry W.
Barry W.

"Acronis 12 Review"

What do you like best?

Multiple platforms for installation - Windows or Linux

All servers can be administered from the same GUI - VMWARE , Physical Windows, Physical Linux or Mac

What do you dislike?

Still some anomalies to be ironed out - our systems require rebooting of the Appliances or the physical systems occasionally to clear Acronis errors

Retired Symantec and our tape based off site storage - All backups are being administered from one GUI

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Somewhat difficult to setup, but good once it's been done."

What do you like best?

I liked that the software worked across multiple platforms so could be rolled out across all users devices as well as the servers. It's interface (After setting it up) was also easy enough to understand to allow to do restoring of data.

What do you dislike?

There were a lot of difficulties setting it up with firewall policies as well as making sure that the data was fully secure. Finding that the general setup required someone who knew what they were doing beforehand to get it fully setup, rather than being able to leave it with a novice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take part in the training sessions they hold and make sure that at least 3 people understand the software inside and out.

The BYOD issue that comes with growing organisations and being able to backup all devices on a single platform.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Alec M.
Alec M.

"Easy Safe Backups"

What do you like best?

This software is easy to use and makes backing up, recovering, or even moving to another hard drive easy as possible. Making the live disk to perform the tasks offline is a nice bonus

What do you dislike?

There really is not anything I do not like about this software. Everything is easy to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just purchase it, it is a good software to use

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dick K.
Dick K.

"Acronis offers comprehensive solution for server backup"

What do you like best?

The solution is thorough and flexible. I use it for backup and restore, as well as disaster recovery. I can restore files and folders from the Acronis console, or from the native Windows tools like File Explorer. I have performed bare-metal server recovery to dissimilar hardware with little or no difficulty.

What do you dislike?

The backup process occasionally monopolizes the CPU. In older versions, it was intrusive. In newer versions, it is only a temporary inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this Acronis product for windows Servers and workstations.

Backup and restore of selected files and folders, backup of the entire server (to include the partition structure and Active Directory objects), bare-metal restore to similar or dissimilar hardware.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kin S.
Kin S.

"Acronis Backup"

What do you like best?

Acronis is quick and easy to use. We used the CD based version most often as a tech tool, but some of our users also used the installed version. Both worked very well.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we have had issues where a hardware related issue will appear when using a certain version of Acronis. Our fix has been to try an older version and the problem goes away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inexpensive and certainly worth a try.

We use Acronis mostly to move users to larger disk drives or from spinning to flash. It works quite well and save a lot of time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by James O.
James O.

"Redundancy and great support"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy and quick backups. Easy setup and config for server/workstation. I enjoy the easy ability to recover from backup as well.

What do you dislike?

Cost for this product has always been an issue for me. As expensive as it is, it is def a great product. Overall, no complaints on use or functionality.

I primarily used this product for servers. I was able to create fast backups and recovery over the network. Whether it was an entire recovery of a server or restoring shares, this was a great product to use due to efficiency.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Rick D.
Rick D.

"A piece of software that you'll love"

What do you like best?

I really liked the non-deep installation progress and the customer service when you happen to have an issue. I also liked the fast backup approach and schedule management for backups, for example, i did set one every Saturday morning in order to not lose any updated information. This is one of the best backup suites out there

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to confirm my dislikes, perhaps you can get similir softwares for free, which nowadays is rather everywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great piece of software to try

restoring old data that were lost and managing daily backups on a scheduling basis

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Miguel Antonio E.
Miguel Antonio E.

"Great suite for backup your system"

What do you like best?

If you want to save your pc data and have copy of it. Acronis is the software you want to use to do that.

With a simple to use user interface to understand and with a few steps you can manage to make a full backup of your operative system with files and programs.

What i like of acronis is:

*Easy to install

*Easy to manage

*Easy to create a backup or clone disk (create an entire copy of your hard into another one)

*The process of restore the backup is easy and fast.

*Works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.

What do you dislike?

restoring an image of your OS at first time can be tricky but gets easy to use time after time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create and restore a pc system acronis is the software to need. I totally recommend acronis to work with. In short time you can create and restore your pc like champ.

Add a layer of security when a disaster occurs on a computer, acronis easily makes easy to reinstall latest image created and the computers works like new saving me time and money in the process.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dan A.
Dan A.

"Very happy with Acronis backup software"

What do you like best?

It is easy to setup and automate backups of different types. Good value for the price.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally doesn't recognize that external drive is connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to setup multiple types of backups with different schedules.

Backing up business computers on a weekly basis, both OS/software and data. We've needed to use the system restore several times when computers crashed so having the ability to quickly get a computer back up and running in the same configuration has been fantastic.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Scott R.
Scott R.

"Horrible support, product does not work with new laptops"

What do you like best?

It is simple to setup and to get the backups started but I can't restore, even after 16 hrs of support remote into my network.

What do you dislike?

Support is horrible. They are in Mumbai and the techs are all in one room, the background noise is unbearable. Their accents are terrible. They had to remote into my system because I could not understand their directions. We have currently spent 16 hrs on remote sessions with support and they cannot get a restore to run over the network or directly connected to usb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not buy this product unless you will only be restoring to an identical computer and don't expect this to work with new computers.

No problems solved, this was supposed to save us from having to install 30 apps on each new computer, we had planned to just restore from the users old computer to the new. It does not work and has cost the customer a fortune in my consulting time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Excellent Backup and recovery for Windows"

What do you like best?

Note: We used the CD/DVD version, not the server/client version.

It's fast! I can backup a 500GB hard drive in 30 minutes and restore it in 45-60 minutes and have it work almost every time! I like that we were able to backup and restore from a local USB drive or a network share.

I do like that it's a linux-based boot disk too.

The UI was very user friendly and made it very simple to backup and restore complete systems.

What do you dislike?

When I was using it you needed to use a CD/DVD drive to boot, it didn't work on a USB stick. I assume there is a USB version available though.

I also did not like that if a failure occurred the system would just reboot, it would not allow you to see what happened.

Universal restore didn't work as well as I had hoped with Dell laptops.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Complete backup solution"

What do you like best?

Acronis is a great thought out product. It strives where other products do not. The best function is that the program is very stable and has a very nice interface. I really like the ability to do a bare metal install. The hardware specific backups are also nice, but what is nicer is that when you recover it can adapt to what hardware you have installed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the Acronis support team can be slow answering support questions. The upgrading process has not always been smooth as it has failed on some of our remote machines. It's not a major issue but did require some field activity as opposed to being 100% remote control. The cost was a bit higher than we expected, but sometimes you cannot put a price on backups and file security.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a total complete backup and recovery solution, Acronis is your tool. The interface is easy to use and scheduling backups could be any easier. The internal help will also help you understand if you need to setup GFFS backups, full back ups or incremental backups. It also has the abilities to backup your VMs or Hypervisors. It does work with Windows, Exchange, SQL and Linux boxes, which is a nice plus.

We have solved our local backup solutions of our process equipment. It has been a very large benefit doing so because it has lower our bandwidth needed to do remote backups.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Acronis, the one solution for all backups "

What do you like best?

One of the best things about Acronis is my ability to clone a complete drive, and be able to restore it, It's a high quality program that informs me of what is going on with my drives on my system and can set up scheduled backups for my ease. One of the best things about it is that whenever I have to switch between drives, it will not have any issues or hangups when passing between drive to drive. I have swapped from disk based hard drive, to an SSD, back to a disk and then back onto an SSD when I had a drive failure. Acronis made it easy and painless when reinstalling windows with the new drives, and all of my backed up settings had been there when I restored.

What do you dislike?

One of the problems with the program is the fact that the recovery system needs to boot outside of windows, and it is very lacking in UI design. It isn't nearly streamlined compared to the one in the windows platform. The backups are also very large, and should be compressed more if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you use the backup system very often. Keeping your system constantly backed up and stored on server space will make sure that your system can always be restored if necessary.

One of the problems in data business is that you need to constantly backup your user data and Acronis makes it easy to clone drives in case of virus attacks.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Mario B.
Mario B.

"A tried and tested solution that works."

What do you like best?

Previous and recent versions get the job done. This a product that you can trust. And in a pinch there is excellent technical support to back you up. No pun intended ;)

What do you dislike?

Once again coming from previous versions you might get a bit lost. It is a good idea to take a look at the technical manuals to familiarize yourself with the latest version.

In today's environment backups are a critical piece of any enterprise grade environment.

We solved our BCP needs using this solution.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Newspapers
Administrator in Newspapers

"Best User Friendly backup product ever"

What do you like best?

Acronis user interface is straight forward

Just decide what you want to do..

backup ..

recover

choose destination

that's its

It's also very fast compared to other products.

I have backed/cloned up 400GB in under an hour

What do you dislike?

The 2018 version has 1 slight bug during cloning..

Audio drivers gets stripped

(my work around is perform an image back up then restore

Recommendations to others considering the product

you wont be disappointed

Using Acronis to back up workstations also backup desktops we use in test environment

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David W.
David W.

"Works, But with issues"

What do you like best?

The backup software is easy to use and has lots of tool when recovering or even cloning a disk.

What do you dislike?

Can’t restore computers with a raid drive and can’t cross over backup onto other computers needing diffrent drivers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you’re using non raid drives or this product won’t work for you. Very difficult to use the backup on another computer when needing drivers.

Making sure I’m not losing any data and when a computer goes down, it’s easy to recover lost data.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Mohamed Jamal O.
Mohamed Jamal O.

"It is easy to use and performs well"

What do you like best?

The things I like most about this software is the option to schedule multiple backups at the same time. I also like the ability to backup any flavor of operating systems.

What do you dislike?

The thing I least about this software is the installation. I think if everything was installed at once and not separately installed, it will make installation a lot smoother.

When operating system is down, I can easy make backup from a backup image that I have made last time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Robin N.
Robin N.

"Good Backup software, but lacks successful disk cloning"

What do you like best?

The best part about acronis is by far the backup software. It allows you to set up a smooth and easy automatic back up for multiple personal devices.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the disk cloning feature. It is what I have the most extensive use with, and compared to other software like EaseUS. "successful" clones fail way more often, either not booting, or causing BSOD later along in the drive's life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every year, the updates have improved the software and added new features. The price has been going up fairly often, so my best suggestion is to purchase an ADATA solid state drive with the software bundled free.

This solves the problem of software cloning and back up.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by John W.
John W.

"great backup management alternative"

What do you like best?

I like the fastness and responsiveness of the software, it is incredibly fast to recover your files. The backup function is also fast, I do believe that has to do with the tiny size of the entire application.

What do you dislike?

taking into consideration that you might pay for the suite, this can be a disadvantage to many people that uses free software

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it for larger business, but it really helps out on small businesses like mine.

great data management provider, backup solution all in one

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Complete Disk Backups"

What do you like best?

Acronis is a full-featured complete backup tool. It is quite easy to use, interface is well designed and it's well documented. I can take complete disk images with Acronis and it lets me to keep all my configurations, files and customizations safe. You don't have to be an IT expert to backup and restore your images. You can restore your whole system to a completely different hardware without any incompatibilities with Acronis. Also when you buy an SSD disk, some disk producers such as Western Digitals are providing a free copy of Acronis.

What do you dislike?

The installer of Acronis is huge, it's more than 1 GB. Acronis supports complete backups and compability both fo Windows and Linux, but OSX is still missing. Licences are expensive for individual use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acronis is a complete solution both for backup and restore needs. Especially if you are planning to migrate to another hardware, having a full image of data is always wise. I suggest you to try Acronis, they are providing a free-trial for 30-days.

I've used Acronis to take an image of my whole system when I got an SSD. I took the image of whole system located on a hard-drive then Acronis migrated it to SSD for me. It was quite time saving and secure.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Emma G.
Emma G.

"Very good and reliable"

What do you like best?

The backup procedure is fast and uses a great deal of alternatives, throughout a variety of various backup gadgets. It's really simple to spin up another picture of a downed server in a brief time.

What do you dislike?

The setup can be a little complicated, specifically when dealing with virtual server innovation. Likewise, there consumer assistance website can be a little frustrating to learn for the inexperienced

Backup and recovery for web servers

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Gabe C.
Gabe C.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery Software"

What do you like best?

The backup methodology Acronis implements works without having to custom configure the software. It is easy to deploy, use and recover. It DOES work

What do you dislike?

Acronis can run into some trouble with some virtualized environments

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to look around first and check ALL of your requirements, especially for virtual environments but Acronis DOES work

It takes less time to recover from a hard drive failure with a PC running Windows, simply and without major complications

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Leslie C.
Leslie C.

"Great on-site backup software"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setting it up, getting email statuses daily (whether things are successful or failed).

What do you dislike?

The support didn't seem to be the best support out there. I've only used it one time, but it was hard to understand the technician and he never really explained what he found with trouble-shooting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product, but it almost feels "scam-like" when you first see it.

Needed a local backup to compliment my cloud backup -- as a dual system to work hand in hand.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Acronis Backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

The recovery options for Acronis work very well. We were able to recover a VM today in a manner of about 10 minutes just by logging into the web console and selecting the recovery options.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the backups will not run and it can be difficult to decipher what the error message is without contacting support.

The biggest area of our business that this helps is with our DR plan. We are able to backup locally as well as to offsite sources in the event that our primary location is wiped out.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kurt S.
Kurt S.

"The best backup and recovery tool"

What do you like best?

The web is littered with backup and recovery tools promising to make it easy for you to restore your files. Acronis is the only one that I've used that actually does what it promises to. It's easy to use, fast, and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Can't copy from a larger drive to a smaller, but that's the nature of the game.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best backup software you can use. Don't hesitate in trying it out.

Restoring drives, in a fast and effective manner.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Acronis Making used reselling easy"

What do you like best?

I love how Acronis can be setup for easily backing up and imagining machines in large masses for the easy of use business side.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes it won't allow us to use the software, but this can be overcome with some clever usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to be able to image machines and recover from said image this is the software for you. Not only can this software be used on the small scale it can be used on a larger scale used machine level. AS far as the software goes I can wholeheartly recommend it and I usually advise towards the free open source projects before buying. Not only does Acronis stop the hair ripping frustration you may have with current free software it makes it easy from start to finish to get up and running.

We currently have to install windows on hundreds of machines and use Acronis to make 1 image for the specific model and send it out using our server.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Bartt N.
Bartt N.

"Great Backup, Restore and Imaging Sortware"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of installation, use and learning curve.

What do you dislike?

GUI can be confusing and have had some issues backing up to network shares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and inexpensive software with good functionality and feature set.

Imaging for consistency and quick rebuild times of PC systems.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Mitch H.
Mitch H.

"Acronis Backup"

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed how easy it is to backup using VMware.

What do you dislike?

I can say i don't really have anything i dislike about the product.

When I came on with the company there was no form of Cloud Backup in place. I got on with Acronis and now we are backing up!

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dor A.
Dor A.

"Probably the BEST backup software for desktops"

What do you like best?

very easy to use user interface.

Backup your entire computer into 1 Image file and restore it on any other Hardware.

the universal restore is perfected and is a true life saver.

schedule all types of backup jobs - incremental and full.

there's also a license for backup up Virtual Machines and hosts.

What do you dislike?

haven't encountered any problems while using it.

it's a very intuitive user interface and a very reliable product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

personally i recommend having a clean installation of your Operating system backed up with ACRONIS at all times. you never know when you'll need to format\replace your Hard drive, so having a clean install ready with everything you need is a huge time saver.

backing up and restoring data is a HUGE part of the production/dev environment.

either it a server or a PC... when a crisis happens, you need to be packing a good backup archive.

"Interesante"

What do you like best?

good graphical interface, I can create assignments safely, use password for greater security, I like above all the explorer type view. in a matter of minutes I have made the backup, compressed and can selectively restore or the entire hard drive in case you could get a virus

What do you dislike?

they must make a version for other platforms, it can also be very extensive when looking for a specific option, since being so wide should have support for newbie users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create version for all platforms

Strengthen support for new users

Provided fast and reliable backup and recovery technology, but the new and impressive integrated data management and deduplication tools make this product unique

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Aida O.
Aida O.

"Seguridad y tranquilidad "

What do you like best?

Usamis Acronis por recomendación de nuestro equipo de técnicos informáticos y la empresa de seguridad que mantiene nuestro servidor y es absolutamente fiable. Realiza las copias programadss correctamente y puntuales y de un volumen de datos muy elevado. Nos mantienen permanentemente informados.

What do you dislike?

En realidad nada. Estamos muy satisfechos con el servicio.

Cuando ha habido alguna incidencia de pérdida de información, la hemos recuperado de manera fácil y segura.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface. It is easy to configure and manage backups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it fails cleaning up backup archives. When it fails you have to clean it up manually. If it continues to fail sometimes you have to recreate the job in order to resolve the issue going forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is probably one of the biggest backup software's out there. I have had some issues over the years but as long as your subscription is current you will receive excellent support.

Acronis Backup and Recovery is one of the first backups I have ever used. It is now incorporated into my Kaseya VSA. It makes managing my client backups very easily due to this. This is why I use the product very heavily.

"Acronis Backup 12.5 is certainly one of the best backup solutions available today."

What do you like best?

Using Acronis Backup with Acronis Cloud Storage is even better. Their data centers are fully ISO 27001 compliant, and support Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance in organizations that require it by allowing user-configurable encryption keys. Acronis will also sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) to that effect. Data is stored by using industry-standard and military-grade AES-256 bit encryption in hardened data centers, so there is no reason to feel unsafe.

What do you dislike?

The license is one of the most expensive which in my view is something over priced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acronis Backup Advanced is the best server backup software because it has