Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup is the world’s easiest and fastest backup solution for all your data, whether it is located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, or on mobile devices.

Work for Acronis Backup and Recovery?

Learning about Acronis Backup and Recovery?

Acronis Backup and Recovery Reviews

Ask Acronis Backup and Recovery a Question
Showing 344 Acronis Backup and Recovery reviews
Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Information Technology and Services
View Original

"Acronis good tool for virtualization"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Acronis Backup and Recovery
Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Valeh S.
Valeh S.

"Powerful data backup and recovery platform that every business must have."

What do you like best?

In modern world information is the main secret of success in the development of companies. But considering high amount of data, day by day it is becoming harder to manage such data. Storing data is not always valuable. Data gets valuable when you reach and use it when needed. While searching a suitable solution we found Acronis backup and recovery. Besides storing our information Acronis also provides us very useful features such as searching and analyzing big amount of data in a short of time. My most liked feature of Acronis is efficient data management which saves our time and provides better results.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we get error messages containing very low information about the error which makes it hard to solve. But after contacting customer support representative we solve it in a short of time. It is not big problem, but a little bit time consuming.

Thanks to Acronis backup and recovery we can analyze out past sales, orders and other operations and get comprehensive statistics. It helps us to analyze our weak sides and gives us opportunity to improve the areas which our company is suffering.

What Server Backup solution do you use?

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Samira Z.
Samira Z.

"Efficient solution for data recovery and backup."

What do you like best?

At work we are working with a lot of data including customer account numbers, money transfers, annual reports and so on. It is a big amount of data which contains important information for us. There is always a risk of loosing such amount of data as a result of hacker attack or hardware failure. But our company can't afford that risk. Therefore we are using Acronis Backup and Recovery solution in order to keep our important information in a safe place. My most liked feature of Acronis is real time backup feature which makes it possible to reach any information after any kind of problem. Thanks to Acronis we are no longer having problems in case of any data loss.

What do you dislike?

Despite Acronis is a powerful solution for data recovery and backup but it is not affordable for small businesses due to it's price. But considering high costs of data loss it worth to pay for Acronis solutions.

At work we are using Acronis mostly to search errors in our old transactions. Usually if there is a mistake we must look at it source and Acronis provides us detailed information about our past operation and transactions.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by eric n.
eric n.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

Acronis according to me and my clients still remains the most power full, stable, complete and most easy to use backup software of the modern age. Its easy to install agents and deployment across all platforms makes it the most recommendable backup solution for all virtual environments, physical machines, files and folders and applications.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike although I think the cost can be adjusted a little down wards. Also being a partner based in kenya, we really loose a lot of government opportunities basically because they require the provider to have their datacenters within the country or within the same neighboring countries. We would be glad if they setup two data centers in Africa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I higly recommend Acronis Backup and Recovery to ant client of any size looking for a backup software. This is due to the many advantages that come with Acronis Backup like cheap pricing model, ease of deployment, completeness and secure

Among the biggest problem is having an easy DRP setup to most business critical clients. The benefits are really many but being able to recover from a backup either on cloud or on premise very easily remains one of my biggest to my clients.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.

"very good"

What do you like best?

PC management across the back up is very easy to used

What do you dislike?

is a little slow compare to another recovery but not much

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you want an easy and in a good price use acronis for your business and your home if you have valuable information to take care. and easy way to configure Flexible RPO/RTO in other software there are a very complex way to configure this feature and most on the time you can't monitor this if you have problems with the backup the other think that i like of acronis is that you can use id either Windows or Linux with no much of a different or complex management. but also the scalability and security of a private cloud — without the cost and complexity. Acronis Disaster Recovery Service solutions address IT requirements for backup

my business is a small company and it was expensive to have a backup application that do the backup and the recovery automatic. so i was looking to try some different backup and this was very helpful i used ia while ago but only trial because my boss decide to used another one that is no really for PC. s more for servers and big business.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Terrific features make this backup utility a great choice, with some reservations"

What do you like best?

Acronis will virtualize your server or PC from the backup itself, which makes it very quick to simply boot up a failed PC or server that has this backup in place. You can also manage multiple kinds of backup jobs, such as cloud, local, and network, all under the same umbrella. Backups are encrypted, and have lots of options within the backup jobs themselves. You can also set up to run scripts before and after the backups run, which helps when you need to stop database prior to backup.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is slow and can kick you off from time to time. Connections to the website can also be lost. I think the website is the weakest link of this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go through the trial. You get the best support during the "pre-buy" phase so use this time to really get to know how you are going to set it up. You do get what you pay for, in a way, in this case you get an exhaustive list of backup and disaster recovery features that are tried and true and awesome, but you give up a fast interface and support can take a while to help out.

Being able to back up Windows Servers and other critical PCs, in a manner that I can virtually boot them back up at any time, is incredible. This saved us money, too, migrating off of a similar solution that cost almost 3 times as much.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Maja P.
Maja P.

"Very reliable and powerful backup solution."

What do you like best?

It is reliable backup solution, really powerful and easy to use. Would recommend this to any IT company because it meets all business requirements. Biggest advantage is its reliability.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive for personal use, but there is no technical disadvantages that I can mention. Considering importance of any data, even price is not disadvantage in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really powerful speed and reliable product, so anyone who needs god recovery system should consider using this product. In previous small organization we used this product really sucessufuly, without any problems. For sure I will try to implement this product im my current organization.

Any system related problems that require reimaging, backup and disaster recovery. It is used mostly on user computers that needed to be reimaged quickly

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Julinma L.
Julinma L.

"Magnifico y completo gestor de copias de seguridad"

What do you like best?

Integra en un mismo software una serie de herramientas útiles para mantener copias de seguridad, restauraciones de las mismas y análisis de sistemas. Permite distintos tipos de copias: completas, incrementales, automáticas programadas, etc. Además permite restaurar tanto copias completas como archivos específicos navegando por la copia de seguridad como si fuera un gestor de archivos. Muy útil su sistema de autoarranque en CD o USB para recuperar sistemas de archivos corruptos que no permiten arrancar la máquina.

What do you dislike?

No integra una herramienta que podría ser de utilidad como es un gestor de particiones para poder recuperar copias de seguridad de forma más particular. Algunos procesos de copia y restauración son lentos, pero a cambio ofrecen verificación de los datos. En algún sistema el arranque por USB no ha funcionado correctamente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mantener sistemas de discos externos para almacenar las copias de seguridad creadas y etiquetarlas con la máquina y fecha

Copias completas de sistemas y máquinas, sobre todo ordenadores portátiles con instalación limpia que permite volver a su estado de fabríca de forma rápida.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stephane L.
Stephane L.

"Most affordable backup solutions for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

The best solution to backup a SQL Database, a File Server, and a Microsoft Exchange Server. It is very easy to navigate and uses a tree structure backup and restoration methodology. It is cost effective in upgrading annually. I've been always able to validate my backup which is key to a small business. The dashboard is very clean and shows your tasks (either successful or failed), has a one click to the log events, also the ability to see the time elapsed and statistics of a job, as well identifies your backup locations. You will never waste anytime in trying to find a backup.

What do you dislike?

I do find that the error messages are hard to decipher if/when a backup is unsuccessful. However, support is very good in helping out the solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product. However, you should always run a test backup and double check to make sure that you are able to recover a file, a mailbox, a database etc. This solution is very easy to install and implement. Support is live (90%) and always delivers.

Solves the following business problem:

1) the ability to store a hard copy backup on a USB drive and store it on an off site.

2) the ability to quickly recover a file within a few clicks.

3) the ability to quickly backup a file.

4) the ability to validate and email a report to my mailbox.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Miguel N.
Miguel N.

"Honest Review About a good Backup tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to think about my backups being done. I used to have to manually back up to a hard drive then I moved to a more automated system but still had to baby sit it. With Acronis I don't have to do anything unless I get an email saying there is some sort of problem. I have Acronis managing my onsite as well as offsite backups and I love knowing that my critical data is safe.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the error messages I receive from a failed backup are a little confusing/unclear. There will be times when a backup runs for several hours and then I get an email saying there was not enough free space on my local backup machine. Couldn't it have predicted that ahead of time by simply running a size query for the target backup as well as the source?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get is easy to set up and manage

Saving or sensitive data and porotecting important files.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Amazing Product! Easy learning curve! It just works!"

What do you like best?

That we can use the same software for internal and cloud backup. Easy web based dashboard with simple restores. Easy to see dash board monitor and with real time condition of jobs. Its scalable; the agents are smart and will send data to a variety of devices so you can have multiple backups running at once without any bottlenecks. All around amazing product for an overworked IT department without a dedicated backup admin.

What do you dislike?

Getting support is difficult at best. They are not very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure how it would scale for 100's of servers. But works great for our 80 server environment.

We had Data Protection Manager prior and it was a disaster. It we have a problem with a virtual, we will start the restore to a new box why we are troubling shooting and be back up one way or another in less than an hour.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Nirav M.
Nirav M.

"Very powerful and easy to use tool"

What do you like best?

I have not used backup solutions in the past and I found it very easy to setup the Acronis solution and backup my systems without needing to read the manual. I backup Windows 7 workstation boot disks to the Acronis server with NAS storage attached and we make local disk images to a USB stick along with a boot CD and attached both to the workstations. If we did not have Acronis, we would have to do what we did this past summer after a cyber attack, re-install every system.

What do you dislike?

I like all the features of Acronis Backup and Recovery.

There should be a community edition free / open source version .

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least try out ones

we were backing up company systems it does it works and provides great GUI for easy monitoring.

I helped in any ways in one situation we need to re install in all systems which got saved by deploying in USB stick.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Frank B.
Frank B.

"Overprice and Underperform"

What do you like best?

Everything I used to like about them (functionality, efficacy) no longer applies. I have been using Acronis products for over 12 years. I would not say that their support was always stellar but since you almost never needed to use it (because their products simply worked) that was never an issue.

What do you dislike?

Support, simply awful support for a product that no longer works as advertised (i.e. Universal Restores are problematic, restores in general now are problematic with 12 and 12.5 ).

I have had three support issues within the last 6 months 2 of them were simply left unresolved. For one the support person left the line promising his course of action would work when in fact it did not.

For the second it has been ongoing for around 4 weeks. It was finally escalated to a 'specialist' only to have the specialist ask me to do things that if he had bothered to read the notes (if proper notes were taken) he would not have suggested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

have your technicians take ownership of a case and see it through to resolution. Get better technicians.

Disaster Recovery/Backup

at this point I see few benefits there are a lot of other more inexpensive solutions that seem to work better.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Pedro P.
Pedro P.

"Great for just in case..."

What do you like best?

Very easy of use is number one thing I like of Acronis Backup, then I like a lot that in a single solution I have folders backup, disk backups, full disk images and clone, multi destination options... So it's just not one thing I like best but two, easy but also very useful and versatile.

What do you dislike?

On some systems we use at work, I found that disk detection worked so so sometimes if there's a pendrive plugged in, it shows as a partition of the internal HDD and not as a different unit, so for disk cloning I ended always paranoid looking at the partitions just to be sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try for free, that's how I started using it, so give it a try and judge by yourself.

Well, it solved I can sleep comfortably every night knowing that in case of a catastrophe we can recover everything. This is also due to our backup policy but Acronis help make this policy work and always without a failure.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adrián Josué V.
Adrián Josué V.

"Acronis es una fantástica elección para Backups"

What do you like best?

Lo he utilizado en diferentes situaciones y se ha adaptado a todas ellas. Permite diferentes tipos de copias, restaurarlas, planificar las copias entre otras cosas y todo ello desde un interfaz a mi parecer muy intuitivo.

What do you dislike?

El precio, pero todo lo bueno es necesario valorarlo. A parte que la seguridad de los datos es lo más importante a nivel empresarial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sin duda merece la pena implementarlo.

Desde recuperar archivos borrados hasta llevar semanalmente o mensualmente copias de estos. La opción más interesante que han implementado es la de sincronización. En este apartado pude sincronizar mis archivos con otros ordenadores. Se pueden crear varias sincronizaciones distintas, además mantiene las versiones anteriores de los archivos sincronizados por si necesitamos volver al estado anterior. Gracias a esta opción pude acceder a mis datos desde cualquier dispositivo, incluso si no tienes instalado en él Acronis Cloud, ya que también se puede acceder desde un explorador web.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David G.
David G.

"Amazing program!"

What do you like best?

I have a friend that recomend me install this program to do backups easily and I'm very happy.

It gives you a lot of confidence that it is a program that has existed for a long time, if it is famous it is because it is so good.

Besides that it is easy and fast is that it generates a lot of confidence because everything is well explained.

Indispensable for important data.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I put is that if you download the Acronis True Image, there will be people who will not know how to make it bootable. I, luckily, if I know since I am a computer, and I recommend 100% this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do backups I recommendate use Acronis because is very famous and easy to do.

I'm backing up important data that I never want to lose.

The benefits are:

-It is easy.

-Is very good

-It's fast

-Is famous

-Genera trust

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by K U.
K U.

"Dependable version of ghost"

What do you like best?

it gets the job done both online or hot with windows running (something that I did not test because I didn't want to add more software to windows and I feel safer making cold offline backup images).

What do you dislike?

Offline where you boot directly from the CD is a little confusing. For example, while loading a laptop with software - windows 10, I made images through out as I added drivers, windows updates, etc. By default, the program looks for prior backups and adds a file for what is known as a incremental backup. Good feature but it should make it clear to the user to choose between incremental and full backups.

There were times when I was not sure what to click on - again the interface could be made more clear so you know exactly what to click on like a next button, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really good product. Gets the job done, is adaptable to different situations. Somewhat of a lerning curve, but much more intuitive than 2017. 2016, 0r 2015. Also the ability to turn off Active protection within the program, instead of having to restart into the BIOS makes it MUCH more convenient to remov e past backups. Active Protection guards against ransomeware quite admirably. You cannot go wrong with this product. take it from someone who is a backup obsessive!

I'm a long time user of Ghost the corporate version where I make cold offline images by booting from a CD/DVD and dump the image to a separate internal hard drive or external USB 2 or 3 drive. The problem is my ghost v11 is 32bit and can't recognize hard drives over 2TB. So I gave this a shot.

First, the CD/DVD is bootable and can be copied and the copy boots and works fine. It even worked on a UEFI bios laptop but I had to go into the bios and enable legacy bios mode. It is a little slow to boot but had all drivers to recognize my hard drive controllers and even USB 3 external drive. It has a hot mode where a drive can bee hooked up after boot and you can scan for it. However, scan takes so long it is quicker to reboot.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Consultant in Airlines/Aviation
Consultant in Airlines/Aviation

"Information the greatest asset in the world today"

What do you like best?

Nowadays, access to information is of vital importance for society, companies and the general public. without a doubt we are dependent on data every day. acronis is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data under guard without compromising our connection equipment

What do you dislike?

One of the negative things about technology is the complexity in the use of software or software. In this way, the tools for protecting data and information must be increasingly simple so that they are available to more and more people.

Computer security is a vital issue for any organization or individual. In this way Acronis is reaching such a high standard that it is capable of providing solutions in real time. This type of tools is used in Williams F1 where it is vital to protect the data collected by your competitors. In any company the loss of information is money and time lost. for this reason we can say acronis is more than proven in the tracks

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Victor A.
Victor A.

"Acronis Backup & Recovery system keeps your business data safe!"

What do you like best?

The automated task allows to run over night task of backup to decrease the impact of network traffic of our office allowing us to be safe and well backed up against unexpected incidents.

What do you dislike?

The features to sync backups with NAS appliances or Cloud Solutions sometimes gets tricky. I would recommend to set new tool sets to integrate this great app with Windows Power Shell automated tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This a great tool to do a well managed back up procedure and to save time and money with reports and de-duplication procedures that can take a lot of time and effort. I do really recommend this tool for Servers and Database solutions works smoothly.

We're saving our weekly backups using Acronis tool and this allows to work identifying our weak spots like, SQL replication backup, File Network Drive Backup across our company

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Rajan V.
Rajan V.

"Best Backup recovery software"

What do you like best?

Acronis is the best backup and recovery solution I have ever come across. I liked it's deduplication, replication and universal recovery function. It is a completely automated solution for backup in an enterprise environment. I have been using it to backup hundreds of VMs. Under the tools section, there are numerous options you can go through which I have never seen with another solution.

What do you dislike?

The only option I dislike is its support. They are not as good to be such pioneer solution. You will also get new SPs to assist you with your cases. Especially if you have recovery issues, you will find t very difficult to get the last SP to continue with as the process is not easy as it looks like. Premium support has some additional perks over the standard support bu their communication skills are very poor.

I am using ABR for backing up all of our VMs for continuous backup. It is a perfect backup solution. You can schedule backups to any day of the week and any week of the month with a specific time. You get notifications via email for completed and failed backups. So far the backup solution is the best in the industry for enterprise section.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Marsha C.
Marsha C.

"Cost effective Backup solution and easy to use and provide ease of mine"

What do you like best?

Data is the core of any business and for data to be secure is top priority of any business. being dependent on data and data being readily available is critical. What I like about Acronis is that it is a leading tool in data management so you can have a huge amount of data protected without compromising your equipment that is running.

What do you dislike?

Data at time being critical you must be caregul of the solution you implement to carry out back and recovery as the steps must be simple and the data must be in tack and easy to use upon recover. Support is also important we have yet to fully utilize Acronis support so we hope this is streamlined and reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Acronis Backup and Recovery to any organization that wants a true backup and backup that is easy to retrieve in the events it is need for Disaster recovery. I must say that the imaging solution is very good tool to use.

Backup and protecting our images are very critical to our business so we are solving backup and imaging and using Acronis to provide this solution to us. As part of the support staff in my organization that uses Acronis I find the tool easy to use and run the backup and imaging quickly.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Aydee C.
Aydee C.

"Low learning curve thanks to its simple and intuitive interface"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility of connect as many devices and users I want. Our tech advicer is really please with the security features, because the information we manage is personal information about our customers, so, the encryption is really important for us. We really like the features it has and that we can look up the activities with have done with the every device we added and we really like that we can automate almost everything and we just focus in our customers. Also like how we can set roles of every user, so we can easily adapt our organization hierarchy.

What do you dislike?

There is not much complain about Acronis Backup and Recovery. Maybe, more features in the windows aplication and more user-friendly documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need the automation of your backup process and is really important the information you use in your organization, you really have to use Acronis Backup and Recovery, who also offers you security features and it can easily adapt to the need of your organization.

Backing up information of our co-workers is really important for our team. We work with insurance companies and the information about our customers is really important for us, because, let us give them a quality and personalized services. We can improve our offer to them, by knowing every customers and their needs, depending of the analysis of the information we collect about them in a year working with us.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adriana C M.
Adriana C M.

"Almost every feature I expected, has it and is easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed using Acronis Backup and Recovery. I used it in my laptop with Windows 10 and my Android smartphone and tablet. It is a really user-friendly experience, I like the UI in both, web app and android app. I loved the features it has, that I could backup my messages and you can configurate every single thing in android smartphone. I find the backup management really useful cause if I have to travel and use another device, I can restore the information and continue with my work, and later, backup the información again.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I am a Linux user and you can not add a Linux device. About the first user experience, I would like to suggest to add some kind demonstration, it is really common to find it in android's apps to get the user to know the app and its basic features or maybe a video with the basic features. Sometimes the backup management console feels that it is too slow to load when you sign in or navigate between features. I would like to select what I want to backup from my laptop like in the android app, I think the windows desktop app needs improvements, because is not as complete as it is the android and the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really have to give it a try to Acronis Backup and Recovery and let them make the job, that we usually forget, until it is too late to backup.

Sometimes I have to travel and I cannot take my devices with me, but I do need the information, so, I find useful to backup often the information I need in the projects I have, in both, android smartphone, tablet and laptop. I find really userful backup customers messages. The only disadvantage I find about it, is that my laptop is that I am a linux user so Icannot backup this device.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stacey B.
Stacey B.

"Two thumbs up!!"

What do you like best?

I have to love all things mobile theses days, because it's the way of the world, so it's great to have a product that works as efficiently & seamlessly on the go, as it does sitting at your desk. The hard copy to USB is a must for me & Acronis has that covered. I can't think of anything they haven't got or is an improvement over other's I am using. So far, so HAPPY!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is my own tendency to change. I am hesitant to give final review, before a solid 6 month trial, but I feel Acronis has already earned it in my business & I've only been a user for 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having glitches of ANY kind with what you are currently using, you owe it to your mental health to give Acronis a try.

I am solving all kinds of back up problems, as our previews systems were way out of date & when we finally did switch at least it was worth the wait.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kari L.
Kari L.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

The ease of access to things and it's user friendly interface. The amount of time put into this program to ensure that things are guaranteed to be covered/recovered is a great measure when factoring things in. I do think this program is a great competitor in the market for other programs of this nature and it's time all companies get into the nitty gritty of details such as this because we're developing technologically at a rapid rate and you truly have to keep up with all the new ways that hackers and people out on the web will try to steal anything they can threw your back door of your business and wipe your records out or simply steal identities and that can simply not happen

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I do not prefer or dislike other than the cost. There are a lot of details to this program that will take time to get used to using before understanding completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider this valuable program for your arsenal of safety for your personal or business needs

A huge benefit is the cloud backup service and capability of mobile usage to also access logs and issues. The multiple functions of backing things up and the amount of storage is a key piece to this program as well. Especially from a business standpoint where we're all running electronic devices from home/office locations in several states to keep our business running and our key employees connected is also a huge bonus.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"the information is money"

What do you like best?

The support you have with the information is unique and very useful. For any company this type of tools represent a guide and help with which you can do many activities and the mere fact of having acronis gives me more tranquility and security

What do you dislike?

other tools like acronis are very complicated when using them. which can limit the scope of users who use it. Acronis must work to facilitate the handling of the tool in an easier and more comfortable way. the applications must be more practical in their use so that any company and area can access and manipulate every aspect of the program.

The benefits acronis provides are very diverse. The support given to the information, and the security in the data of our company is reliable. This tool of support for our equipment allows us to work with tranquility and security that we can lose the information

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User

"Sencillas copias de seguridad"

What do you like best?

Interfaz y herramientas muy fácil de usar.

Se pueden generar copias de seguridad tanto en local como en la nube.

Puede ejecutarse varias copias de seguridad simultaneas.

Se pueden programar tareas antes y después de las copias de seguridad.

Soporte técnico muy bueno.

What do you dislike?

La aplicación web es algo lenta. Se pierde la conexión en algún momento.

Requiere realizar pruebas antes de hacer la primera copia para familiarizarte con los errores mas comunes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es muy fácil de usar y no es muy caro su mantenimiento. La seguridad de la información es lo primero y esta herramienta es básica para conseguirlo.

Perdí toda la información de mi PC de la oficina. Desde que me facilitaron esta fantástica herramienta genero copias de seguridad todas las semanas. Ya me salvó despúes de averiarse mi disco duro local.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Juan Fernando V.
Juan Fernando V.

"Back up your information comes first"

What do you like best?

- Easy backup and restore of information

- Backups are ready for Virtual machines

- You can select the type of backup and the days and hours of most convenience

- You can perform several backups simultaneously

- You can backup various types of operating system from a Linux Ubuntu, Red Hat, SUSE, Oracle Linux, Debian, or UNIX

- You can backup various types of operating system from Windows XP, Windows 7 or even a Windows Server 2013 or 2016

- You can centralize in one place all your system of backups of your different machines in a standard server at low cost

- Mature and reliable solution for your business

- Recover your information without having to be the same hardware you can even take your backup to a virtual machine.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not intuitive enough to find failures in backups or track logs with alerts or errors

Recommendations to others considering the product

Constantly review Logs, Review errors in Acronis KB, Always verify backups and not make backups in the most compressed mode

All your backups in one place, segmented, classified and customized

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Stan S.
Stan S.

"great for smb"

What do you like best?

Being able to take an image before testing installation options of new applications and being able to revert back to a known state easily and reliably.

Backing up unique machines for special requirements to minimise possible downtime on critical applications.

What do you dislike?

Semi complicated to setup. May different programs need to be installed. This isn't really a problem if you have a central server but to backup single computers, onsite and then replicate, this can be reasonably involved. Updates require updating several programs at the same time. Easy as long as there aren't any issues. Sometimes updates mean starting new backup chains. This can be time consuming if you have to replicate a traditional full backups to the cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

proceed with the same recipe of great software

Acronis makes it easier to backup PCs to Network drives or even just an external USB drive. This gives us multiple ways to ensure that client's data is safe and will be available should there be a system failure.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"A Simple Yet Comprehensive Solution"

What do you like best?

Acronis has two things going for it that I really like. Firstly, it's simple to use. The options are presented in a minimalist fashion and you don't have to be a techie to figure out how to get it to do what you want it to do. Despite having such a clean interface the program is still powerful and comprehensive in its feature set, and techie's will like its advanced capabilities.

What do you dislike?

There is no explanation for the terminology. This poses little issue for a technophile, but the average user may struggle. For example, most users don't understand the differences between a "disk" and a "partition." Tool tips are always welcome features but don't seem to exist here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's well worth the price paid. It has all the features you could want within an easy to use interface. What more could you ask for?

Cloning drives, and making sure that all of the partition information is copied. This saves a lot of time.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Christopher G.
Christopher G.

"Acronis is going mainstream"

What do you like best?

This is the only backup solution that has a complete feature-set for the whole enterprise solution. Restoring images to different hardware, and Virtual Machines, can save a great deal of time. This is especially true for engineers and others who spend a great deal of time configuring the PC environment.

What do you dislike?

I first started using Acronis 5+ years ago. I attempted a universal restore, and attempted to restore to a VM. Neither were successful. I then went to search for support on their website and found the options insufficient to solve by problem. I have just begun using it again. Clearly they have grown as a company and a platform. My hope is these issues have been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the videos, take advantage of the free trial, and test it out on your systems.

As a software engineer, a great deal of time is spent configuring pc dev environments. Acronis protects this work my allowing you to roll back, and even port to new hardware.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Bret W.
Bret W.

"Painless & Reliable Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

Acronis backup and recovery has had a massive impact on our recovery solution. Bare metal restore from the cloud is a feature we have used the most, making recovery very quick and simple.

What do you dislike?

Cost of data storage can be pricey if you are backing up large disks. Only around 12p/GB but when backup up terrabyte drives this can be expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Acronis Backup and Revovery has come on leaps and bounds over the years and still remains one of, if not the best backup solution available for SME. Very fast to implement and backups instantly available.

Fast recovery in the event of a desktop failure, daily incremental backups and an excellent cloud based structure has helped us to redeploy images and have desktops up and running within an hour.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"THE Go-to Imaging Software!"

What do you like best?

The ability to clone hard drives from drive to drive or to a file. One of the most common imaging tasks is replacing a failing hard drive, and much of the available drive imaging software fails when bad blocks are encountered, but not Acronis!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusing array of different versions. For example, there is a version you get free with some new hard drives, there's also a Premium version, etc. I find it a little confusing. I just want to buy it and know it has the functionality I need. It can also be a bit complicated to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out and see if it meets your needs before committing or cancelling your current service.

I tried cloning with another leading product, but it failed. If there's an issue, in my experience it's because the drive is too damaged and must be sent to data recovery, which isn't Acronis' fault of course, or due to my own error. I am happy to know that Acronis is an industry leading product, and that's because it just works. Period.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Vishal A.
Vishal A.

"Acronis Backup - Amazing tool"

What do you like best?

We utilized the CD/DVD adaptation, not the server/customer variant.

It's quick! I would backup be able to a 500GB hard drive in 30 minutes and reestablish it in 45-a hour and have it work practically unfailingly! I like that we could reinforcement and reestablish from a neighborhood USB drive or a system share.

I do like that it's a linux-based boot circle as well.

The UI was extremely easy to use and made it exceptionally easy to reinforcement and reestablish finish frameworks.

What do you dislike?

When I was utilizing it you expected to utilize a CD/DVD drive to boot, it didn't deal with a USB stick. I expect there is a USB rendition accessible however.

I likewise disliked that if a disappointment happened the framework would simply reboot, it would not enable you to perceive what happened.

All inclusive reestablish didn't fill in and in addition I had trusted with Dell tablets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent tool and keeps your data safe. Recovery is so fast in boot mode which very less software does. It helps you to keep things safe.

We were using Acronis as a make shift imaging solution for windows labs and laptops. The reason we went with Acronis was because it was affordable and since I was at many different clients, taking a CD was easy instead of having to set up a PXE server at every client.

We were also able to have multiple CDs to allow multiple computers to image at the same time from a network share.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Pooja W.
Pooja W.

"My experience for Acronis backup and Recovery"

What do you like best?

The way it backs up and Recovers the data. The speed at which it recovers can be a bit more i think. I also had other people (Friends and family) who is using the data recovery in their day to day life.

What do you dislike?

As far as my experience i do not have any cons or dislike. I love the way it recovers data and backs up the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The developement team did really well i dont have recommendations. The speed of data recovery can be improved in my opinion. The pricing also seems well actually. My company is very satisfied with that

I love the way it backs the data and recovers it. The effiecieny and the security is actaully good than waht i thought.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"acronis review"

What do you like best?

It backs up my data as advertised and easy to see what was backed up and can view the back up easily

What do you dislike?

When upgrading, it's a real pain. I have to know the serial/key again which makes it a real pain

Recommendations to others considering the product

backup your disk, all disk fail it's only when

All disk fail, it's only when. So it's important to back up my disk, I should do it more often, I used to do it weekly with an incremental every night.. I need to get back to at least every week again

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Reliable, fast and easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like how reliable and easy to use this product really is. I have worked with the acronis cloud back up solutions. The management portal is friendly to the user whether you have a background in IT or not. In addition, you can add the servers you want to back up using a small agent. On the other hand you have tools to back up information from other clouds like outlook mailbox from office 365. I have used it to back up mailboxes from my customers. Finally, the restoration process is reliable and so far it has been sucessfulI 100% of the time.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this tool for about 1 year and I have not found any drawbacks nor our clients. Maybe you can improve the search tool to include more options and a more interactive interface.

I have used the product to back up virtual and physical servers in windows and vmware. Also, I used it to backup mailboxes from office365. The main benefits I can mention are:

Reliability

Easy to use

Low consumption of resources in the agents

Not intrusive

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Amarilis Virginia H.
Amarilis Virginia H.

"Flexible and robust data recovery solution that offers more ways of storing and recovering drives"

What do you like best?

Very fast results, super-powerful and flexible disk and file backup program, complete with online backup storage.

The encrypted Storage are very secure.

You can backup and restore physical, virtual, cloud, applications, and mobile data.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be complex and sometimes confusing.

It's expensive, probably better suited to larger rather than smaller businesses.

No two-factor authentication.

No Linux desktop client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not the cheapest solution but it's definitely the most completed suite of backup and restoring software.

It's perfect for backing up data or system images in recovery situations or when a new system is being installed. Being able to restore from a backup rather than installing all programs and software and migrating data is a real time saver.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Acronis Backup & Recovery "

What do you like best?

Acronis Backup & Recovery stores and recovers drives, partitions, folders, and files in more different ways than any other software I've ever seen, and, if you're willing to learn to navigate its complex menus and obscure options, you may never want anything else. I'm deeply impressed by its corporate-level power and versatility, by its ability to back up and restore anything from individual files to images of whole drives, and to back up to any imaginable location. I'm less impressed by its interface and ease of use, but its power and range are enough to make it our Editors' Choice for local backup software. That doesn't mean it's perfect, and you'll find plenty of complaints about it in the rest of this review, but it's the one backup app that has all the features needed for today's hardware and software, and, as a bonus, it has a distinct speed advantage over similars softwares

What do you dislike?

Complex and sometimes confusing interface. Includes an option that modifies standard disk structures

Recommendations to others considering the product

TEST IT

my desktop machine uses an SSD for its boot drive, a traditional disk for data partitions, and a USB 3.0-attached disk for local backups, but Acronis's main "What to backup" menu listed them only as Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3, without even showing their manufacturer or part number so that I could guess which was which

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Kerron R.
Kerron R.

"Easy to Use Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

The resource requirements of RAM and CPU for such a powerful application are minimal compared to other solutions. The rapid restore options are great as well as the ease in which one can perform data migrations.

What do you dislike?

Remote management is a bit tedious compared to similar programs, perhaps we shall see improvements in subsequent updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a flexible application which includes all of the features required to work with managing your organisational data backups and relevant recovery in case of any incidents.

Student Relationship Management system, storage and management student biometric data and academic history for Learning Analytics.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by JIMMY L.
JIMMY L.

"It gets the job done..."

What do you like best?

What we like about the software is the ease of use with this software. Acronis has a good user-friendly user interface and it is simple to use. The ease of use of this software is straight forward.

What do you dislike?

What we dislike about the software is the capabilities of the software. Acronis is limited in a few ways within our organization based on our environment and our needs. That being said, the software is not our main tool that we use for our entire organization's backup utility tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that future users should read and review all the information about the product to make certain that it is capable of meeting their specific requirements for their own organization because every environment is different. Additionally, I would ask for a trial version to deploy into their test and/or development environment before they sign any contract and purchase it.

The business problems that we are solving with Acronis backup and recovery is our backup and recovery issues for certain servers and business and/or clinical applications. Acronis backup and recovery software provides us the benefit of giving us a backup solution for our servers and applications.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Multiple use backup and recovery"

What do you like best?

I was able to restore a PC to dissimilar hardware and also continue to backup , like using it for critical PC full image backups

What do you dislike?

The full suite for virtual servers needs some tweaking to make it more user friendly, I watched a demo and wasn't sold that it was ready

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this to backup a Windows 7 machine to a bare metal backup. I've used it to upgrade from an old machine to this new machine (new hardware) and expect to do this again in the near future to move to new hardware again, we have a legacy application on this machine that is not supported beyond Windows 7 (had to make some registry changes to get it to work on Windows 7 anyway

Backup of critical PCs

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator

"Disaster Recovery A-"

What do you like best?

Has great support for various business softwares.

When using Tape Drives, has fast/rapid restore options over fiber

Great Virtual Host and Guest support since most of our infrastructure has been virtualized

What do you dislike?

We would like to store some of our data in the cloud as an extra Disaster Recovery step, but the product is not included in the Backup and Recovery product. While it has access to Amazon S3 cloud backup, it is not easily configured and doesn't work the way anticipated for a file to file move.

This is assisting in providing real-time disaster recovery, where we can schedule our backups to run overnight, and it is done in about 8-10 hours. That leaves plenty of time to run other reports and backups, as well as if we have a need to recover anything during the day, or need to pause a backup to run scheduled maintenance. The speed of the backup and the validation of what was backed up is a great investment.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator

" Acronis keeps our information safe"

What do you like best?

The best thing about acronis is that you can resume your work in a few minutes, restore virtual machines in seconds.

It is very intuitive to use, and with the wizard you can back up a system in just 3 clicks.

You can also use it on diferents platforms like discs, tapes, SAN and NAS devices, and Acronis Cloud, or any public cloud or private, such as Azure, AWS or Google.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike of the application, to say something the cloud storage depends on external suppliers and not of Acronis, for example your dependdes of Google or Microsoft ...

The web interface of the application is slow and not very agile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to implement their own cloud system, since you depend on external providers such as Microsoft or Google.

It would also be necessary to improve and debug the web interface.

We use it especially for work stations, since it is the fastest to restore the equipment and the user can work without problems and without loss of information.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Robert L.
Robert L.

"Acronis 2016 for PC works but could still be better"

What do you like best?

I've used Acronis products for years. What I like about their imaging products is that they just work -- when they work.

For the most part the UI is intuitive and fairly easy to navigate, especially if you are familiar with their product line already (their Server and PC versions are very similar on how they operate). Once the image is captured I always go back and make sure I can read the image by trying to restore a few select files. Every time I've done this the restore worked. Taking this to the next stop and restoring the image, it works too.

I have not used the product as a daily imaging system (backup system). I use the product as a disaster recovery routine. I'm sure if I was to implement an Acronis server and back-up workstations in a corporate environment I would have success with the product

What do you dislike?

The part that bugs me the most on this product is that even with the 2016 version, you cannot create a bootable recovery media that just works.

I've had this problem with their 2014 version as well.

The bootable recovery media creates just fine when following their instructions on how to do this, but when you actually go to boot off the recovery media, it will not work and throw you an error message.

I spent hours on the phone with the 2014 version with support just to go through a bunch of procedures to get a bootable image working. When I tried again this year with the 2016 version, I was not able to boot successfully off the bootable media. Frustrated to no end, I didn't bother contacting support because I simply didn't have the time to spend creating the recovery media.

If Acronis could get their act straight for this process for the recovery media, I'd rate my review higher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want recovery media to be able to boot from, be prepared to spend a couple of hours on the phone to resolve the error code that appears when you try to boot from a bootable recovery media.

I focus on network management and as such disaster recovery is part of the plan. Making sure that critical data is backed up for my clients is the most important part.

Across the board of all clientele, when it comes down to it a company can be without a server or pc for a period of time, but as long as they know their data can be restored, that is the crutch that comforts them and has proven itself time and again in the past.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Quality Product."

What do you like best?

Used for a number of years and really like the functionality and clean layout. Use it to backup multiple sites and gives a clear picture of what is going on in real time.

Found the support team to be really helpful when dealing with any issue we have.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

Steep learning Curve but once you learn the functionality and what tools are on offer it is great. Nothing in this world is perfect and always room for improvement but feel they are moving in the right direction and listening to their customer base.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the free trial and see how it goes.

Backing up multiple clients all around the work with ease

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by David P.
David P.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery Review"

What do you like best?

Acronis Backup and Recovery is a fast and flexible disk and file backup program. The system comes with a complete proprietary online backup storage integrated application. It also offers seamless integration for cloud storage.

What do you dislike?

Acronis Backup and Recovery has a complex and confusing interface to get used to right away. You have to be careful with the Included option to modify standard disk structures. There is no built-in virus scanner in the older versions so better make sure your data is clean before backing up, or upgrade to latest version. May not be the perfect choice for for small businesses or consumer market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the manual and take the company's training materials before you start backing up.

Our organization uses it as a powerful backup application under the control of the IT department. Training from the vendor was extensive yet necessary to understand and apply all its functionality.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by User in Financial Services

"Full featured and best for users"

What do you like best?

It does incremental backups so I do not need to worry about not having enough space on my backup drive

It schedules when the office is closed so does not tie up the computer during the day.

Advises if backup was successful and if not, where the error lies.

I had a hard drive error previously on my computer and the backup corrects and does not bring forward any corrupted files.

What do you dislike?

Easier set up for people not very computer savy, and unable to express backup path correctly in computer terms. Program finds all it needs for set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Obtaining Data Recovery. The process of recovering any information from a backup is straight forward. There has yet to be any issues with any recovery we've attempted.

Setting schedules for incremental and full backup dates/times. We need to run our backups at very specific times and the ability to assign different schedules for backing up various locations is very helpful.

User-Friendly. All information is readily accessible in a way the flows nicely. Placement of different option makes sense as you go through the processes of install, setup and everyday usage/maintenance.

We used for the server backups.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Great for Small to Medium Business "

What do you like best?

Options for backups including Fulls, synthetic fulls, Grandfather-Father-Son, and a hand full of others. Encryption of backups. Cloud availability for offsite backups. De-duplication both locally and transmission into the cloud. Able to backup and replicate nightly without the need of extra bandwidth. Able to set and forget with notifications. Notifications require SMTP account info but not a program like outlook to send the messages.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid product. Look for someone with experience to setup. Either backup locally to a USB, Network share, or dedicated server and then replicate offsite.

Solves recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives. Meets security with encryption and provides for disaster recovery if the primary site is destroyed. Customer does not have to interact with backups. Computes being backed up are able to connect automatically to their targets and cloud off hours and not impact users. De-duplication allows for extended periods of time to be protected.

Acronis Backup and Recovery review by Ivan M.
Ivan M.

"Acronis Backup and Recovery 12.5"

What do you like best?

1) Simple and easy to use system setup.

2) Simple tasks and scheduling management .

3) Friendly GUI .

4) Customer support and problem solving. Swift reply and focused solutions.

5) simply the best.

What do you dislike?

At the moment there aren't points we dislike that's why we are using acronis for our business and we still keep up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and see that this software can solve your backup problems

A secure and reliable restore solution for our workstations . Failure is always behind the wall and having a backup solution that can put your business covered from any faulty condition is a must have .

Benefits :

- centralized backups

- backup on workstations with easy to use recovery tools.

- no more worries on data loss

- fast migrations when changing hardware

Learn more about Acronis Backup and Recovery

Acronis Backup and Recovery Videos

Learning about Acronis Backup and Recovery?

* We monitor all Acronis Backup and Recovery reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.