Act-On
Badge 1411046837

Act-On

158 8.8 / 10
Compare Watch a Demo
The Act-On Integrated Marketing Platform is the foundation for successful marketing departments in organizations of all sizes.

Act-On Reviews (158)

• The interface is very intuitive. Dashboard creation, reporting, and email are all done very easily. Landing page creation has proven to be very seamless. Read More
    0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
    Joe G.
    Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
  • No long term commitment and clear price transparency. (Some of their competitors nickel/dime you to death with fine print and add-on items, plus lock you into a... Read More
    0  homp 2qv93ylckikojlpl7vc nt53aikeoaplglhn8cs56 yaactadij0qs66rf1ipk19im7p0a
    Kristine M.

Getting our ACT together, A SmartThought Review of ACT-ON

What do you like best?

Inbound Marketing: We use this extensively to determine the activity on our web site. We get a good sense of which search terms are working, Google Paid Per Click tracking, referring sites (so that we can say thanks in some cases), and alert us when someone of significance is back on our site. Marketing List Management: The segmentation aspects are very nice. We are able to easily segment lists and be sure that we are targeting specific people or groups.

Dashboard: The main screen for all things going on. It's a good quick read on what's happening on various marketing campaigns and initiatives. Ease of Use: The system is just easy to use. I was concerned about not knowing enough when we embarked on this journey but the system is designed so that most can get up and going fairly quickly due in large part to it's user interface which is very clean.

What do you dislike?

Templates: If you are coming from some email marketing systems (like Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, SwiftPage) you won't find a very heavy library of visually pleasing starter templates to modify and configure. It's very basic but does get the job done. Partner Program: There is not a large partner channel set up right now. They are working on it and have efforts to build this out in short order but it is something to be mindful of in your evaluation. They have a super staff and onboarding experience but if you are looking for more than "how to" in terms of working in the program and need "marketing best practices" or moving beyond "where to click" guidance, the supply of trusted providers is short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is not a large partner channel set up right now. They are working on it and have efforts to build this out in short order but it is something to be mindful of in your evaluation. They have a super staff and on-boarding experience but if you are looking for more than "how to" in terms of working in the program and need "marketing best practices" or moving beyond "where to click" guidance, the supply of trusted providers is short.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Increased SEO capabilities, Better segmentation which has allowed us to improve our focus and opens/click thru

Reporting: This tool has made us better at marketing because it provides us key areas to analyze and act on now (pardon the pun) Increased site visits and conversions: We have now begun to be able to pull more people in and know when it's best to react to a buyers journey. For example, with Lead Scoring we can register a hot prospect based on what they are doing on our site and not waste time. For a small team, this is extremely valuable.

User in Information Technology and Services - Act-On Review Author
Updated On

Tedious But Eventually Generates Some Results

What do you like best?

Act-On is great for getting feedback on deliverables and forms, and it allows me to see what kind of collaterals work versus which ones are unpopular. Like all marketing automation tools, I'm also able to track potential prospects by their engagement ratio with the content I send out. This allows me to say, for example, target a certain type of "profile" who is consistently engaging with content- whether it be in email campaigns, newsletters, or invitations to webinars.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, there are many things I would like Act-On to do that it currently doesn't. For example, it does not allow me to continuously update a scoring list when certain prospects fall within a certain threshold; I have to manually import them which is tedious and requires close study of their behavior. Additionally, Act-On hinders me creatively as a marketer because the email templates, while relatively straight-forward, do not allow for any advanced graphics. In fact, most graphics do not appear except when opened in a browser, an extra step that many prospects may not want to complete.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I'm solving the problem of finding prospects to generate into leads for sales. I feel like Act-On has given me a luke-warm methodology of accomplishing this, though it has allowed me to realize what content I continue to market successfully and which kinds need more development.

Updated On
Validated Review

Easy to use, intuitive interface, combining many marketing features under one platform!

What do you like best?

The new interface is very easy to use, combining email automation, web prospect information, landing page creation and social media usage all within one platform, unlike many other platforms which have some but not all features included. Act-On always offers quality account management and support services and it's Center of Excellence and University provides high quality and more importantly simple to understand support and training content. The new email editor is great and makes it very easy to do more complicated layouts (tables, columns, etc.) and there are now more step options in the automated programs than we’ve seen in other marketing automation software (for example alerting sales reps individually of prospect activity via our CRM). integration with our CRM was also very seamless.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could easily preview an email in your browser and different browsers before sending to ensure the layout looks correct. Currently you have to send a test email to see how it looks. The social media publisher could be improved slightly as sometimes can be a little buggy, for example by providing an option to not include an image for LI and FB posts would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try. Once you start using it you won't want to stop!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Several marketing and sales problems are being solved. For example we now have the ability to easily nurture suspects and to see what content they are engaging with and which web pages visited etc.. This provides sales with more useful information as they convert to prospects and into sales ready leads. Marketing users also find the platform easy and efficient to use, saving time, enabling more campaigns to be sent.

Marketing Automation That Grows With Your Company

What do you like best?

CRM Integration:

The fact that Act-On seamlessly integrates with our CRM (Salesforce.com) is incredible. It gives us the ability to move all of our lead database from one tool to another and update all of that information hourly or in real time. We are able to easily prioritize our "hot leads" and sort our lead database by lead score without leaving Salesforce.

Analytics and Reporting:

The analytics and reporting tools offered are extremely helpful and easy to use. After a campaign is started, webinar hosted, or an email is sent you can see real-time results and customize, sort, or download the results.

Reverse IP Lookup Reports:

This is a great feature that produces daily website visitor reports that can be configured to go out to specific reps in the field and only contain website visitors from their territory. Having the ability to see exactly what companies or which marketing prospects are visiting your website is a game-changer.

What do you dislike?

Templates:

Many of the templates for both emails and landing pages are too generic and bland. It would be nice to have a drag and drop feature which I believe this is coming in a new release).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Act-on, not only for its intuitive layout and ease to use, but because they deliver high-quality, reliable customer service.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Before Act-On we were sending about 20,000 emails a month, had no lead scoring system in place, no integration with our CRM system, and were not tracking website visitor data outside of Google Analytics.

Now we are able to send over 150,000 emails monthly with high deliverablity. Our lead scoring system has helped make our sales team more efficient and arms them with more customer information and data before they contact a potential prospect. We have full visibility of our website visitors and their behaviors on our site and social media.

Validated Review

We rely on Act-On to help our organization grow!

What do you like best?

This is one of the best options out there for small businesses. We compared prices and capabilities and this is really a terrific value for all of the practical features. There are products out there that offer a huge assortment of features but I've worked with those at previous organizations and they can be unwieldy and tricky for some of my time-pressed and tech-challenged colleagues. Act-On has obviously given careful thought to what organizations are looking for the most and at a price point that is reasonable.

I use their data dashboard and email creation/reporting tools daily (hourly most days) and we use their form building tool to capture and nurture leads.

Act-On also integrates with all of our outside platforms (webinars, salesforce, outlook, google, etc).

What do you dislike?

I don't use the social media tools. I have used them and they work well generally but I rely heavily on Hootsuite. If they could integrate with Hootsuite or create a system that is similar I would jump at the chance to use that and manage all communication channels in one convenient location.

I'd also like to see the ability to message in local time zones rather than sending at a central time zone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have an excellent support team. They are patient and take as much or as little time as you need to ensure you start off successfully. What's more - they continually check in on you. You're not a number or a dollar sign - you're a real customer and speaking to real people.

It's also an incredibly easy tool to use. I think this is a perfect fit for a wide range of organizations.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Before using Act-On we were sending email in the blind and our efforts largely untracked. With Act-On we now have more visibility into what is really going on with our data. We can segment and tailor messages, and we can do so much more. We also now have the ability to capture and nurture leads. Something we never had the ability to do before.

Tags

* We monitor all Act-On reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Act-On?