Act-On

Act-On

273 ratings
2818.810
Compare Watch a Demo
The Act-On Integrated Marketing Platform is the foundation for successful marketing departments in organizations of all sizes.

Act-On Reviews (281 reviews)

• The interface is very intuitive. Dashboard creation, reporting, and email are all done very easily. Landing page creation has proven to be very seamless. Read More
    0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
    Joe G.
    Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
  • Ease of use is very high, even for inexperienced marketers. You can quickly and easily set up and send professional-looking emails using any of the provided...Read More
    0 jhxb85myqms3nhfzjxjh8fiteod29aqzucwh8fd vjjpdel4v67uabgskns1vdbn4igw78ulw6yl
    Diana O.
G2 Crowd User: Matt K.
Validated Review

Agency user - brings strategy to new business - great product - excellent support

What do you like best?

Act-On brings a strategy to our new business generation that was simply lacking the level of depth before. It helps us to streamline the follow up efforts and build a revenue pipeline for the agency. In addition, we would like to be able to offer a marketing automation service to clients and the Apex model will enable us to do just that. All in all, a powerful suite of tools with excellent support on hand to guide the process.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Act-On now for a year+. There is a lot to learn and we are yet to see ROI. However, I should add that we do expect to see ROI from it soon and any question over ROI should be considered not as a reflection of the system itself, but the-not-inconsiderable efforts it takes to switch to an inbound marketing strategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't under-estimate the efforts needed to switch to an inbound marketing strategy. Select a partner that is going to really offer close help and guidance - you will appreciate it. It has taken longer to implement, execute and scale than we first imagined. This was in part due to our existing IT set up which needed upgrading; the learning of the new system which is pretty in depth and won't be mastered overnight (Act-On's university is excellent); and developing the right content strategy. But the Act-On team is great and will go out of their way to help you get there.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are reducing the (wasted) time spent on chasing UNqualified new business. In other words, as this is about new business generation and getting more visibility on the engagement with the content we produce, we need to know what works and what does not. Act-On tells us that. We therefore have a more targeted list of BOFU leads to follow up. We do feel we have more control over our new business efforts and next year really hope to be able to scale these efforts.

G2 Crowd User: Alex S.

ACT-ON should be use by anyone who wants to increase email ROI by over 300%

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of the most recent dashboard. It makes it really easy for my users to navigate through and pull the required information from the tools ACT-ON has to offer.

As for the features, my team and I really enjoy the segmentation and A/B splitting functionality. It is crucial for us since we have a worldwide market with different time zones and different peak times to send email marketing campaigns. Segmentation makes our jobs easier, especially when ACT-ON allows us to set scheduled sends based on different time zones and select markets.

The other main feature we truly enjoy is the aggregated analytics you get when you combine campaigns. This makes reporting on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis extremely fast.

What do you dislike?

I like pretty much all the features but there are times that the internal ACT-ON dev team appears to be conducting internal a/b testing of the dashboard. This can often make it confusing for my users when navigating through the dashboard as the interface will shift between one version to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ACT-ON is worth every penny of your marketing budget. Try a demo and see for yourself.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use ACT-ON as a way to engage and re-engage our client base with up-to-date flight deals and packages.

ACT-ON allowed us to to segment and market to very niche clients through its hyper segment features.

G2 Crowd User: Anna Y.
Validated Review

Easy to use and very friendly team

What do you like best?

Act-on is easy to use and does what it says on the tin. It's not over-complicated like other marketing automation tools. And the support team are really quick to respond which is great!

What do you dislike?

It can be slightly disjointed between A/B tests and regular emails. An A/B test doesn't appear in the sent emails so when reviewing email results, it means having to go into the two separate windows which proves difficult when trying to build a report on campaign results in chronological order.

We're also finding that emails are recording clicks inaccurately which is having an impact on our figures. It seems to recognise a mobile opening an email and downloading the content as a click.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend ensuring that Act-on integrates with your CRM if that's where you would like to manage your leads. If that's not essential for you then Act-on is a great tool to track the journey your audience go on from visiting your website to clicking on you emails and submitting a form. I would definitely suggest you arrange training for your sales team to make sure they have the right approach when making calls to your web visitors and email clickers.,

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

It's much easier to see where our leads are coming from, which activities are working well and which aren't. We're learning more from our campaigns and able to deliver warmer leads to our sales team.

The sales team find it easier to open conversations with leads and they like that they can send an email directly from CRM. It's easier to set a campaign up and the email creation is simple and easy to use.

G2 Crowd User: Damian L.
Validated Review

The most scalable marketing automation tool I've ever worked with

What do you like best?

For me, Act-On's greatest single asset is not actually one of its features, although there are many of those that are excellent and highly valuable to both me as a marketer and my organization as a whole. What really stood out for me initially, however, was the way their pricing model scales. By focusing on the mid-sized enterprises, their pricing model enables almost any business to get on board and start working with a fully fledged automation tool quickly at a level that suits their business. Act-on gives all users access to a great wealth of functionality, so smaller business can use the tools that larger business are looking for in other tools, but allows them to scale up their involvement level at their own pace.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I actively dislike in the product. Of course, there is room for improvement but I get the feeling that Act-On actually listens to what we, the customers, are requesting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd heartily recommend Act-On to any marketer. I've used some of the larger, more well known systems in previous roles and Act-On competes very well against them as far as features go but it's pricing model makes it a much easier sell internally and much more flexible. You don't need to outlay a large amount, which you can find difficult to justify initially. Instead, simply select the entry point you're comfortable with, build up your ROI and then expand as and when needed. It's a great tool that only seems to be improving. I couldn't rcommend it more.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I needed to build up a complete marketing department within our company, almost from scratch and with limited resources. I was looking to professionalise all aspects of our Marketing strategy, from PR and branding to lead generation and nurturing activities and more. Also, I wanted to get a precise indication of who our audience are, what they're interested in and what their behaviour is, in relation to our business and what we do for them. Act-On enables me to address many of those issues through a single platform. It's helpful sales-focused functionality has also enabled me to build a much stronger link and interaction between sales and marketing within our organization. Within a year, we've been able to address a number of our most critical issues, triple our audience size, get a greater insight into our prospects/customers and make inroads into implementing many of the aspects outlined in our marketing and content strategy.

G2 Crowd User: Carme V.
Validated Review

Great tool for email marketing!

What do you like best?

- Great technical support and assistance.

- Clear interface / user experience.

- Salesforce/CRM integration is very useful to manage data more efficiently.

- Act-On University is a great tool - it solves pretty much any problem.

What do you dislike?

- The account set up can be a bit confusing and technical - however the technical team will always assist.

- Could improve for business models that work a bit differently (multiple scoring, multiple accounts).

- Deliverability is not always great - but this may be related to spam filters from recipients. However it seems like there are some technical requirements/tips for better deliverability that we may be missing out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Act-On is a great option to get the best out of an email software. Not only does the job (editing - sending campaigns) but it also leads you to a better usage and understanding of your data. I would recommend knowing exactly what you want to get out of it and also have some in-house technical knowledge of data, CRM, website prospecting, etc, although the support team will assist if this is not the case. For us the main issue was our specific set up - we needed an email software to send emails out, make our Business Development activity more efficient and intelligent but also understand that we are an outsourced agency who will use Act-On on behalf of different clients. Although the set up process was a bit confusing we finally got it thanks to the account and support team who was there to assist.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We use Act-On across the whole organisation, being one of the essential tools for our daily activity. We use it for email marketing, lead generation and scoring and website tracking. We also have it connected with our CRM to integrate our whole marketing activity, for both our clients and internally. I helps us identify and qualify leads, making the sales activity much more efficient.

Learning about Act-On?

We can help you find the product that fits you best.

Chat with an Advisor

Tags

* We monitor all Act-On reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Need help? Talk to a human
Would you like to receive more information from Act-On?